Calendar conversion program

pholm

Dec 12, 2015, 2:10:08 PM12/12/15
I used to have a program "Days" that I could use to convert old church
record entries (such as 22 Sunday after Trinity) to a Gregorian calendar
date. I believe "Days" worked on my old (and now discarded) Win95
machine. Of course, the program will not work on Win7 or Win10.

Is there a Win7 program that will help making those types of conversions?

Phil Holm

Ian Goddard

Dec 12, 2015, 7:39:08 PM12/12/15
Do you have the original installation? Out of curiosity I had a quick
look at the preview of W10 (shudder!) & found I could get some ancient
programs (Office 95 etc) to work by selecting the appropriate menu
option which I think is also available on Win 7. I think this was a
menu presented at install time but as I've now wiped that machine in
favour of testing BSD as a replacement for Linux I can't check.

You could also ask Mr Google as there may well be web sites for that.
http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html might be a good place to start.

--
Hotmail is my spam bin. Real address is ianng
at austonley org uk

Nick Matthews via

Dec 12, 2015, 9:48:11 PM12/12/15
to gen...@rootsweb.com
HistoryCal at http://www.historycal.org will do that, although still
being tested.

Nick (HistoryCal author)

Henry Soszynski

Dec 13, 2015, 4:48:33 PM12/13/15
Greetings,
It looks like Calendar Magic can do this. See .
http://www.stokepoges.plus.com/calendar.htm

I'm not sure how 'automatic' it is though and it does have a
limitation of a start year which is 1583. (Trinity Sunday falls on 5th
June in that year)
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski

Chuck

Dec 13, 2015, 5:10:30 PM12/13/15

Doug Laidlaw

Dec 14, 2015, 3:41:37 AM12/14/15
Chuck <charles...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Interesting comment on that site that even as early as 1492, the
ecclesiastical year
began on 1 January.

I have been looking at Heredis, which is of French origin, and has
a Web site for its trees.
It has a widget for ecclesiastical dates in the right-hand column.

Doug.

cecilia

Dec 14, 2015, 5:21:17 AM12/14/15
On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:42:01 +1100 (GMT+11:00), Doug Laidlaw
<laid...@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
[...]
>> http://people.albion.edu/imacinnes/calendar/Ecclesiastical_dates_files/widget1_markup.html
>>

>Interesting comment on that site that even as early as 1492, the
> ecclesiastical year began on 1 January.
[...]

That is what the site's calculator takes it as. The same note appears
for 1066, and probably all the years.

pholm

Dec 15, 2015, 3:21:49 PM12/15/15
Follow Up to original post.

With great help from Steimar, I found that by googling "days.exe" and
not just "days" and then found a download site
<http://days-version-32.software.informer.com/2.0/>

I was baffled at first by the site which appeared to be a "convert any
file to PDF" program.

Yes, the download worked, installed and looks just like the earlier
version I had used since the mid 1990s.

Thank you to all for several other suggestions.

Phil Holm