New to list research interest LAWSON from Dutch Indies

catherine mckay

Sep 2, 2005, 12:47:27 AM9/2/05
Hi List,

I have recently begun research on Alexander LAWSON
born 1819, in Dundee, Scotland. He lived in Dutch
Indies for many years, until his death in 1877 at
Adiwerna. His first wife was Harriet ATKINS 1824-1859.
His 2nd wife was Anna Maria LEROY.His known children
were:

1. Betsy Sarah Ann LAWSON born 1849 at Tegal died 1920
at Kediri. She was married to Karel Willem KLINE.

2.William LAWSON born 1851 Tegal died 1902 at Kediri

3. Joseph Alexander LAWSON b1855

4. John Alexander LAWSON b1856 at Tegal

5.James Henry LAWSON b 1858 at Tegal died 1907 at
Batavia. Married to Fredericka Maria HARTING Their
children were:

a.Anton Johannes LAWSON born 1894 married Annie
Louise Dorine VON BANNISSEHT. Their children were:

James Alexander LAWSON b 1919

Rudyard LAWSON born 1922 at Kediri.

Any info about this family or their descendants would
be appreciated.

Thank You,
Catherine

http://mail.yahoo.com

news.xs4all.nl

Sep 2, 2005, 2:28:05 AM9/2/05
Hi Catherine,

The (Dutch) 'Indische Genealogische Vereniging' has a CD with several
publications. On that CD I found the following info:

European graveyard in Kediri:
No.211: Mrs. B.S. Klein (maiden name Lawson), born 20-2-1849, died
28-4-1920

European graveyard in Adiwema (1km from Tegal):
No.3: Alexander Lawson, married to Anna Maria Le Roy, born in Dundee in
1819, died 18-7-1877.
No.4: Harriet Atkins, spouse of Alexander Lawson, died 6-9-1859, age 35.

Baptism register of Cheribon:
No.417: Alexander, born 20-12-1861 in Tegal, baptised on 12-10-1862 in
Cheribon, son of Alexander Lawson and Anna Maria Le Roy.

There also is a mentioning of book keeping firm 'Taylor, Lawson & Company
in
Batavia (= Jakarta) in 1877 and 1885.

If you know whether or not they worked for the Dutch colonial government
there is a very big chance their service record can be found. If on the
other hand they were not it will be difficult to find traces of them.

That's it, maybe it's of some use to you.

Arie

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog!

verheijen

Sep 2, 2005, 4:11:26 AM9/2/05
Hi Catherina,

>I have recently begun research on Alexander LAWSON
>born 1819, in Dundee, Scotland. He lived in Dutch
>Indies for many years, until his death in 1877 at
>Adiwerna. His first wife was Harriet ATKINS 1824-1859.
>His 2nd wife was Anna Maria LEROY.His known children
>were:
>
>1. Betsy Sarah Ann LAWSON born 1849 at Tegal died 1920
>at Kediri. She was married to Karel Willem KLINE.
>
>2.William LAWSON born 1851 Tegal died 1902 at Kediri
>
>3. Joseph Alexander LAWSON b1855
>
>4. John Alexander LAWSON b1856 at Tegal
>
>5.James Henry LAWSON b 1858 at Tegal died 1907 at
>Batavia. Married to Fredericka Maria HARTING Their
>children were:

On the CD from the IGV (Indische Genealogische Vereniging) I found
another son of Alexander Lawson and Anna Maria le Roy:

Alexander, born Tegal 20.12.1861, baptized Cheribon 12.10.1862.

This information comes from the "Protestants Doopregister (register of
baptisms) Cheribon 1844-1917".

Kind regards,
Nanny Verheijen

Verheijen @ flover.nl

Evertjan.

Sep 2, 2005, 4:46:14 AM9/2/05
catherine mckay wrote on 02 sep 2005 in soc.genealogy.benelux:

> James Alexander LAWSON b 1919

Perhaps he wrote this:

42 BATAVIA-SCOUTING IN NETHERLANDS INDIA [A. LOHMAN, J. LAWSON] (et.al.),
<http://www.antiquariaten.com/gemilang/catalogs/c00426.htm>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.