even lincoln was part jewish

STUERMER@dachau.de JULIUS STREICHER

May 8, 2003, 7:23:23 AM5/8/03
Gertrude Stein's Complex Worldview
Nobel Peace Prize for Hitler?
Scholars of the life of Gertrude Stein were recently startled to learn that
in 1938 the prominent Jewish-American writer had spearheaded a campaign
urging the Nobel committee to award its Peace Prize to Adolf Hitler. This
was disclosed by Gustav Hendrikksen, a former member of the Nobel committee
and now professor emeritus of Bible studies at Sweden's Uppsala University,
in Nativ, a political magazine published in Israel. (Reports about this
appeared in the New York Jewish community weekly Forward, Feb. 2, June 14,
and Oct. 25, 1996.)

Hendrikksen, an avowed friend of Israel who is now in his late 80s, recalled
that the Nobel committee rejected Stein's proposal "politely but firmly,
citing among their reasons the attitude of the Nazi regime toward the Jews."

In the decades before her death in 1946, Stein was a widely acclaimed
literary icon. As monarch of the "lost generation" of American expatriates
in Paris during the 1920s and 1930s, she cultivated and influenced such
literary figures as Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald, as well as
such artists as Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse. Her Paris home was a mecca
for writers and artists. Stein's own "modernist" novels, memoirs, lectures
and plays -- once celebrated as stylishly avant garde -- have not aged well.
Today she is remembered almost as much for who she was as for what she
wrote.

Born in Pennsylvania of a wealthy German-Jewish family, she was raised in
the United States, and attended Radcliffe and Johns Hopkins universities.
But it was during her years of expatriate living in France that she made her
lasting mark.

'Hitler Ought to Have the Peace Prize'
Stein's seemingly paradoxical views about Hitler and fascism have never been
a secret. As early as 1934, she told a reporter that Hitler should be
awarded the Nobel peace prize. "I say that Hitler ought to have the peace
prize, because he is removing all the elements of contest and of struggle
from Germany. By driving out the Jews and the democratic and Left element,
he is driving out everything that conduces to activity. That means peace ...
By suppressing Jews ... he was ending struggle in Germany" (New York Times
Magazine, May 6, 1934).

As astonishing at it may seem today, in 1938 many credited Hitler for his
numerous efforts to secure lasting peace in Europe on the basis of equal
rights of nations. After assuming power in 1933, he succeeded in quickly
establishing friendly relations with Poland, Italy, Hungary and several
other European nations. Among his numerous initiatives to lessen tensions in
Europe, the German leader offered detailed proposals for mutual reductions
of armaments by the major powers.

In a 1940 essay, Stein wrote positively of the appointment of
"collaborationist" Henri Philippe Petain as France's Chief of State,
comparing him to George Washington. As late as 1941, she was urging the
Atlantic Monthly to publish speeches by Marshal Petain, which she had
translated into English. In spite of her background, Stein continued to live
and write in France during the years of German occupation (1940-1944).

She also maintained a friendship with Bernard Fay, who headed France's
national library, the Bibliotheque Nationale, during the Petain era.
According to a new biography of Stein, Favored Strangers: Gertrude Stein and
Her Family, by Linda Wagner-Martin, Fay and Stein often discussed "the
Führer's qualities of greatness" in the years before the outbreak of war in
1939. Even after the war, when he was convicted as a collaborationist, Stein
and her close companion Alice Toklas remained good friends with Fay and
lobbied to free him from prison.

Conflicted Sense of Jewishness
Like many of this century's Jewish American intellectuals, Stein's
relationship to her own Jewishness was complex and conflicted. She was
sensitive to anti-Jewish sentiment, and sometimes expressed criticism of
Hitler. In 1936 she wrote: "There is too much fathering going on just now
and there is no doubt about it fathers are depressing. Everybody now-a-days
is a father, there is father Mussolini and father Hitler and father
Roosevelt and father Stalin and father Trotzky ..."

Estranged from the organized Jewish community, in part because of her
eccentricity and lesbianism, she nevertheless retained an acute and proud
sense of her Jewishness. According to Wagner-Martin, Stein once said, "all
men of genius had Jewish blood," and even developed a theory that Abraham
Lincoln was part Jewish.

During the first decade of this century, Stein became enamored of
Austrian-Jewish psychologist and philosopher Otto Weininger, whose major
work, Geschlecht und Charakter ("Sex and Character"), had tremendous
influence on European thinking. Following its first publication in 1903, the
book was quickly translated into various languages, and went through 30
editions. Weininger contrasted the masculine "Being" of Aryanism and
Christianity with the feminine "non-Being" of Judaism. Jesus was the only
Jew to overcome Judaism, he argued. Zionism, in Weininger's view, is the
negation of Judaism, because it seeks to ennoble what cannot be ennobled.
Whereas Judaism stands for the world dispersion of Jews, Zionism strives for
their ingathering.

miss calm

May 8, 2003, 4:07:09 PM5/8/03
If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish then that is a great historical gift to
Jewish people as to all the free peoples of the world who enjoy his
heritage.
Lincoln was the finest president that the US -or any other country in
history- had.
I would urge anyone to read the life of this great man who rose from total
poverty to be the most inspiring American ever.

"JULIUS STREICHER" <DER STUE...@DACHAU.DE> wrote in message

mp

May 8, 2003, 4:50:50 PM5/8/03
> Lincoln was the finest president that the US -or any other country in
> history- had.

Wow. I don't know anyone else who has studied and compared all the leaders
of all the countries in the world throughout all of history. You must be
part Jewish.

Deborah Sharavi

May 8, 2003, 5:04:42 PM5/8/03
"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote:
>If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish

Being part Jewish is like being partly pregnant.

Deborah

Sina Neshatian

May 8, 2003, 6:22:36 PM5/8/03
wasn't hitler partly jewish, or is that a myth?

"Deborah Sharavi" <dsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Deborah Sharavi

May 8, 2003, 6:27:24 PM5/8/03
"Sina Neshatian" <si...@sas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>wasn't hitler partly jewish, or is that a myth?

A myth. And there is no such thing as being "part Jewish".

miss calm

May 8, 2003, 7:31:47 PM5/8/03

"mp" <m...@123.com> wrote in message news:vblgoum...@corp.supernews.com...
Mazeltov!

miss calm

May 8, 2003, 7:33:00 PM5/8/03

"Deborah Sharavi" <dsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote:
> >If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish
>
> Being part Jewish is like being partly pregnant.
>
> Deborah

A fascist is a fascist from any background Deborah and you fit the
description.

miss calm

May 8, 2003, 7:35:28 PM5/8/03

"Sina Neshatian" <si...@sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message

> wasn't hitler partly jewish, or is that a myth?

Rather like people who attack gays because they are latent homosexuals,
Hitler went to great lenghts to distance himself from a part of his roots
that was Jewish, but then the guy had terrible taste!

Deborah Sharavi

May 8, 2003, 7:51:09 PM5/8/03
>>"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote:
>>>If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish

>>Being part Jewish is like being partly pregnant.

"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote:
>A fascist is a fascist from any background Deborah and you fit the
>description.

From a moron like you, a compliment.

Deborah

E. Barry Bruyea

May 9, 2003, 6:55:48 AM5/9/03
On Fri, 9 May 2003 00:33:00 +0100, "miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat>
wrote:

>"Deborah Sharavi" <dsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote:
>> >If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish
>>
>> Being part Jewish is like being partly pregnant.
>>
>> Deborah
>
>A fascist is a fascist from any background Deborah and you fit the
>description.

Funny how so many buttheads don't know what the meaning of the word
fascist. Buy a dictionary. (The front of most dictionaries explains
how to use it, so you should be alright.)

jack mehoff

May 19, 2003, 8:41:41 AM5/19/03

"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote in message

> If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish then that is a great historical gift to
> Jewish people as to all the free peoples of the world who enjoy his
> heritage.
> Lincoln was the finest president that the US -or any other country in
> history- had.

Wait until Bush hears that.....boy is he going to be pissed off.,

Samba

May 20, 2003, 1:12:47 AM5/20/03
You have your history slightly twisted.

Lincoln's dog was jewish.

"jack mehoff" <jackm...@home.com> wrote in message

miss calm

May 20, 2003, 7:15:18 AM5/20/03

"Samba" <sa...@yomamashouse.net> wrote in message

miss calm

May 20, 2003, 7:20:54 AM5/20/03

"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote in message

Why would George Bush be pissed off? George Bush belongs to a strain of
Christianity which gives ideological and moral support to the State of
Israel. From a Christian point of view he wants both the Palestinians and
the Jews to be happy, successful, free and living harmoniously side by side.
But he fully believes that the State of Israel is a God given one.

Ken Smith

May 20, 2003, 10:26:05 AM5/20/03
miss calm wrote:

> Why would George Bush be pissed off? George Bush belongs to a strain of
> Christianity which gives ideological and moral support to the State of
> Israel. From a Christian point of view he wants both the Palestinians and
> the Jews to be happy, successful, free and living harmoniously side by side.
> But he fully believes that the State of Israel is a God given one.

Which makes him just another religious nutter. Giving power to
religious nuts is dangerous to humanity in general.

miss calm

May 20, 2003, 10:49:42 AM5/20/03

"Ken Smith" <Rang...@concentric.net> wrote in message

Thats just a presumption. There is a difference between people who believe
in God and relegious-nutters. Bush is a damn good human being, streets ahead
of Nelson Mandela and perhaps the best US president since Lincoln.

Ken Smith

May 20, 2003, 11:41:37 AM5/20/03
miss calm wrote:

> "Ken Smith" <Rang...@concentric.net> wrote in message
> > miss calm wrote:
> >
> > > Why would George Bush be pissed off? George Bush belongs to a strain of
> > > Christianity which gives ideological and moral support to the State of
> > > Israel. From a Christian point of view he wants both the Palestinians and
> > > the Jews to be happy, successful, free and living harmoniously side by
> side.
> > > But he fully believes that the State of Israel is a God given one.
> >
> > Which makes him just another religious nutter. Giving power to
> > religious nuts is dangerous to humanity in general.
>
> Thats just a presumption. There is a difference between people who believe
> in God and relegious-nutters.

On this, we agree. The religious nutter is one who believes that he and
he alone (including members of his cult) has a direct pipeline to God and
is doing God's will. That includes the Zionist who fights to steal the land
of Israel, the Islamist who immolates himself, and the Christian who tries
to turn his country into a theocracy.
It has been reported that Bush the lesser falls within that ambit, actually
believing that he and no other has been called to bring peace to the Mid-
dle East. Messianic figures (e.g., bin Laden) are often quite dangerous.

The mere believer isn't so fanatical that he forgets that there are other
people out there with legitimate interests that may be at cross-purposes
with his. He would apply the Torah like Hillel, asking what "fairness" is
not just for him but for his adversary. I have challenged every Zionist to
show me how Hillel would have seen this dispute (see attached); sadly,
there have been no takers.

> Bush is a damn good human being,

I would dicker with this one, too. He's not an honest man, and he has
never achieved anything on his own merit in his life. His family has left a
trail of shit that would fertilize the Sinai, including Prescott Bush's NAZI
Joint-Venture....
If and when George W. Bush keeps his word to me, I will stand up and
take notice. But it ain't never gonna happen....

> streets ahead
> of Nelson Mandela and perhaps the best US president since Lincoln.

I'd rank him right up there with Herbert Hoover....

torahlesson.txt

pen...@earthlink.net

May 20, 2003, 7:31:21 PM5/20/03
On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:41:37 GMT, Ken Smith <Rang...@concentric.net>
wrote:

>miss calm wrote:
>
>> "Ken Smith" <Rang...@concentric.net> wrote in message

>> side.
>> >
>> > Which makes him just another religious nutter. Giving power to
>> > religious nuts is dangerous to humanity in general.
>>
>> Thats just a presumption. There is a difference between people who believe
>> in God and relegious-nutters.
>
> On this, we agree. The religious nutter is one who believes that he and
>he alone (including members of his cult) has a direct pipeline to God and
>is doing God's will. That includes the Zionist who fights to steal the land
>of Israel, the Islamist who immolates himself, and the Christian who tries
>to turn his country into a theocracy.
> It has been reported that Bush the lesser falls within that ambit, actually
>believing that he and no other has been called to bring peace to the Mid-
>dle East. Messianic figures (e.g., bin Laden) are often quite dangerous.

Who reported this? Where was it reported? I'm sure you have no problem
providing sources, links, etc.

> The mere believer isn't so fanatical that he forgets that there are other
>people out there with legitimate interests that may be at cross-purposes
>with his. He would apply the Torah like Hillel, asking what "fairness" is
>not just for him but for his adversary. I have challenged every Zionist to
>show me how Hillel would have seen this dispute (see attached); sadly,
>there have been no takers.
>
>> Bush is a damn good human being,
>
> I would dicker with this one, too. He's not an honest man, and he has
>never achieved anything on his own merit in his life. His family has left a
>trail of shit that would fertilize the Sinai, including Prescott Bush's NAZI
>Joint-Venture....
> If and when George W. Bush keeps his word to me, I will stand up and
>take notice. But it ain't never gonna happen....

Hmmmm. IIRC he said that there was going to be a regime change in Iraq
and the U.S. would do it with or without the U.N. Now what was that
you were saying?

>> streets ahead
>> of Nelson Mandela and perhaps the best US president since Lincoln.
>
> I'd rank him right up there with Herbert Hoover....

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall
pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend,
oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy

Ken Smith

May 20, 2003, 10:04:29 PM5/20/03
pen...@earthlink.net wrote:

One of the major newsmagazines (Newsweek, if memory serves -- and
it often doesn't). (I don't spend my time tearing pages out of magazines to
keep so that I can quote verbatim to a newsgroup on a subject that at the
time, I had zero interest in.)

> Where was it reported? I'm sure you have no problem
> providing sources, links, etc.
> >
> > The mere believer isn't so fanatical that he forgets that there are other
> >people out there with legitimate interests that may be at cross-purposes
> >with his. He would apply the Torah like Hillel, asking what "fairness" is
> >not just for him but for his adversary. I have challenged every Zionist to
> >show me how Hillel would have seen this dispute (see attached); sadly,
> >there have been no takers.
> >
> >> Bush is a damn good human being,
> >
> > I would dicker with this one, too. He's not an honest man, and he has
> >never achieved anything on his own merit in his life. His family has left a
> >trail of shit that would fertilize the Sinai, including Prescott Bush's NAZI
> >Joint-Venture....
> > If and when George W. Bush keeps his word to me, I will stand up and
> >take notice. But it ain't never gonna happen....
>
> Hmmmm. IIRC he said that there was going to be a regime change in Iraq
> and the U.S. would do it with or without the U.N. Now what was that
> you were saying?

He also said that he would protect our civil rights here at home, and
his Attorney General promised it explicitly. Did he live up to his word?
In a word, no.

> >> streets ahead
> >> of Nelson Mandela and perhaps the best US president since Lincoln.
> >
> > I'd rank him right up there with Herbert Hoover....
>
> Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall
> pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend,
> oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."

That doesn't extend to the support of land theft.

Yissaskhar Ben-Tzion

May 21, 2003, 1:57:53 AM5/21/03
"miss calm" <nos...@greenweed.cat> wrote in message news:<b9epk7$o7i$2...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>...

> "Sina Neshatian" <si...@sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> > wasn't hitler partly jewish, or is that a myth?
>
> Rather like people who attack gays because they are latent homosexuals,
> Hitler went to great lenghts to distance himself from a part of his roots
> that was Jewish, but then the guy had terrible taste!

Except for one thing: Hitler wasn't Jewish nor were any of his known
ancestors. This is a myth that began as Allied propoganda and was
carried too far by both anti-Semitism and people's love for irony.
Although Hitler was still ironic--for instance he had neither blonde
hair nor blue eyes and yet he was the perfect Aryan, he was of Slavic
ancestry and was probably bisexual.

-Yissaskhar

Yissaskhar Ben-Tzion

May 21, 2003, 2:01:36 AM5/21/03
> If Abraham Lincoln was part Jewish then that is a great historical gift to

*IF*. I see nothing in this article showing any evidence he was
Jewish. While his name was Abraham and he did have ancestors named
Mordecai and Hezekhiah, it is important to remember that Biblical
names were popular among 18th and 19th Century American Protestants.
To be fair, Mel Brooks also had a theory that Lincoln was Jewish but
this was more based on the fact that he had a big nose, he had a
beard, he always wore a hat, and his last name was Lincohen. But
that, like most Mel Brooks jokes, was a JOKE

> I would urge anyone to read the life of this great man who rose from total
> poverty to be the most inspiring American ever.

Most historians will agree that Lincoln was not very poor. Almost no
American president has been dirt poor, they try and pretend they were
because it helps them get elected.

-Yissaskhar

Social Americans

May 21, 2003, 3:06:32 AM5/21/03
Who cares if someone was part Jewish or full Jewish? This doesn't have the slightest relevance
under the U.S. Constitution.

Social Americans

May 21, 2003, 3:40:31 AM5/21/03
Anyone want to read some good Jewish teachings?

These apply to everyone, and can be found in the Bible in the Book of Proverbs.
The teachings of King Solomon of Israel
http://www.cforc.com/kjv/Proverbs/1.html

The Book of Psalms has the teachings of King David of Israel
http://www.cforc.com/kjv/Psalms/40.html

Albert Reingewirtz

May 21, 2003, 8:32:08 AM5/21/03
In article <9e0bc9b6.0305...@posting.google.com>,
tziy...@email.com (Yissaskhar Ben-Tzion) wrote:

What is well known is that he learned his antisemitism as a choir boy in
church.

Superfluous News Groups deleted

Erdekan4ever

May 26, 2003, 2:41:27 AM5/26/03
and he screwed marilyn monroe another time