Steven Akins Of That Bilk...

已查看 56 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月26日 10:35:142009/7/26
收件人
The recent discussions of Clan Skene and the
legitimacy of The Skene - <snicker> - of Skene
Hall (presumably) led to JJJ raising the name
of He Who Must Not Be Believed, which caused
me to idly wonder if he'd been beaten bloody and
left in a gutter somewhere to bleed out yet. What
I found after doing a Google search is that he's
alive and well and has (self) published a Book.
Quite recently. Here's a blog from Late November
of last year - nearly eight months ago today:

http://wildhunt.org/blog/tag/steven-akins

An exerpt of a sales-blurb for Akins' masterwork:

“In his highly anticipated English translation of the
ancient Irish text known as the Lebor Feasa Runda
(Book of Secret Knowledge), Celtic scholar and historian
Steven L. Akins, has at last made available to readers
the wealth of pre-Christian teachings espoused by the
Druids in this seminal work of pagan religious literature.
Basing his translation on the only extant transcription
of the now lost Black Book of Loughcrew, the actual
doctrines of the Celtic priesthood are finally brought to
light in this timeless rendering of these sacred scriptures.”

Here's a link from the blog page to the publisher:

http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000110530

It is instructive and amusing to click the Comments
link on the "wildhunt" blog and read the various
reactions to Mr. Akins' latest Exposure.

Nauseated,

The Phantom Piper

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月26日 10:47:272009/7/26
收件人
*But Wait - There's More*!

I don't know if this is New MAterial or not, but
apparently the House Of Tartans (located in
Comrie) has listed the Tartan of Steven Lewis
Akins Of That Ilk - dated to _1822_... It can
be found on this page (pattern #2426):

http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_a.htm

Searching For Clan Bumby Next,

The Phantom Piper

Joe Makowiec

未读,
2009年7月26日 12:09:032009/7/26
收件人
On 26 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, The Phantom Piper wrote:

> It is instructive and amusing to click the Comments
> link on the "wildhunt" blog and read the various
> reactions to Mr. Akins' latest Exposure.

Anybody think that "Ben Edair" is a sock for SAotI?

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Joe Makowiec

未读,
2009年7月26日 12:12:222009/7/26
收件人
On 26 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, The Phantom Piper wrote:

> I don't know if this is New MAterial or not, but
> apparently the House Of Tartans (located in
> Comrie) has listed the Tartan of Steven Lewis
> Akins Of That Ilk - dated to _1822_... It can
> be found on this page (pattern #2426):
>
> http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_a.htm

Don't I recall from SAotI's brief chiefship of 'clan' Akins that his
tartan(s) are of equal historic provenance with his ggrandfather's
gravestone? (At least in the case of tartan, making it out of whole
cloth makes sense...)

Bryn Fraser

未读,
2009年7月26日 12:33:242009/7/26
收件人
On Jul 26, 5:12 pm, Joe Makowiec <makow...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, The Phantom Piper wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is New MAterial or not, but
> >  apparently the House Of Tartans (located in
> > Comrie) has listed the Tartan of Steven Lewis
> > Akins Of That Ilk - dated to _1822_...  It can
> > be found on this page (pattern #2426):
>
> >http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_a.htm
>
> Don't I recall from SAotI's brief chiefship of 'clan' Akins that his
> tartan(s) are of equal historic provenance with his ggrandfather's
> gravestone?  (At least in the case of tartan, making it out of whole
> cloth makes sense...)
>
> --
> Joe Makowiechttp://makowiec.org/

Oh dear!

Those heady days..

Bryn

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月26日 18:51:282009/7/26
收件人
On Jul 26, 9:12 am, Joe Makowiec <makow...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Don't I recall from SAotI's brief chiefship of 'clan' Akins that his
> tartan(s) are of equal historic provenance with his grandfather's
> gravestone?

Well obviously they would be; I just don't know whether
he invented them _then_ or more recently. It's amusing
that a Scottish business doing large international sales
would allow him to get away with a post-dated claim.

> (At least in the case of tartan, making it out of whole
> cloth makes sense...)

Oh that's very good!

Not Buying The Whole Nine Yards,

The Phantom Piper

Joe Makowiec

未读,
2009年7月27日 09:14:292009/7/27
收件人
On 26 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, The Phantom Piper wrote:

> Well obviously they would be; I just don't know whether
> he invented them _then_ or more recently.

Without looking it up, I recall AotI being pictured wearing a kilt of
Akins tartan at the time of his brief chiefship.

> It's amusing that a Scottish business doing large international
> sales would allow him to get away with a post-dated claim.

As far as the weaver goes, if SAotI had the thread count and the money,
there's no reason they wouldn't weave it.[1] The Scottish Tartans
Authority's business is registering tartans, not verifying their
historicity. (Even the Lord Lyon doesn't mess with the 'right' to wear
a tartan. Or which tartan belongs to which clan. Or, AFAIK, anything
about the tartan business at all.)

[1] Assuming, of course, they didn't know of SAotI's penchant for
buying things, using them, then returning them once he was finished
with them.

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月27日 17:38:212009/7/27
收件人
On Jul 27, 6:14 am, Joe Makowiec <makow...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> As far as the weaver goes, if SAotI had the thread count
> and the money, there's no reason they wouldn't weave it.

It's not the Weaving that's problematic; it's the _Dating_.

The tartan in question is listed as being dated to _1822_,
yet on the same website is a "Tartan Creator" wherein the
user can design their own tartan pattern. What I'm wondering
is whether or not this Comrie firm was/is complicit in SAotI's
deceptions or were themselves duped.

Composing An E-mail,

The Phantom Piper

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月27日 18:19:252009/7/27
收件人

As I recall, it was rather a nice tartan....better than most.
Its provenance has nothing to do with that. It was
certainly claimed as the Akins Tartan and as is stated
above...if you wanna weave a tartan, just weave a
tartan and register it.

Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.

Almost every month there is a new tartan.
Almost every County Council of Scotland has
commissioned a Tartan

http://www.scottishradiance.com/clanmapf.htm
Here is a Clan Map of Scotlsnd.

As far as I am aware, our own Dr Lesley Robertson
is an acknowledged expert in this area as well
as genealogy as well as her Professional Academic
interests.

La N

未读,
2009年7月27日 18:30:132009/7/27
收件人

"Glenallan" <robt....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> As far as I am aware, our own Dr Lesley Robertson
> is an acknowledged expert in this area as well
> as genealogy as well as her Professional Academic
> interests.

Lesley doesn't come around here often enough. She is always an interesting
read.

- nilita

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月27日 19:41:542009/7/27
收件人

This map shows a Clan Skene just above Aberdeen. Skene claims yet
another thread.

--
"For the stronger we our houses do build,
The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月27日 21:05:592009/7/27
收件人
On Jul 27, 3:19 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
> Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.

That is a canard. It has been disproven in this very
forum time and again - and by chic mcgregor no less.

Not only are there _many_ paintings done before Queen
Vickie was ever born depicting Highlanders in tartan kilts
and plaids, but actual tartan cloth dating back to the 3rd
century AD has been unearthed at Falkirk.

You ought to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartan#Origins

before you go about re-quoting dis-information on what
Tartan was "borne" from...

Fed Up With This Shite,

The Phantom Piper

Fifeshire Floozie

未读,
2009年7月28日 01:06:442009/7/28
收件人

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月28日 01:24:392009/7/28
收件人
On Jul 27, 10:06 pm, "Fifeshire Floozie" <h...@faeFife.com> wrote:

> Will you settle for Clan McDuck?

What a Goofy thing you've found!

> http://www.tartans.scotland.net/tartan_info.cfm@tartan_id=92.htm
>
> http://duckman.pettho.com/mcduck/tartan.html

The thing I liked best about Uncle Scrooge
was his Indoor Swimming Pool...

Doing The Backstroke,

The Phantom Piper

La N

未读,
2009年7月28日 01:46:372009/7/28
收件人

Well, I was a bit disappointed. I thought it was going to be *this*
Duckman:

http://www.onemonkey.org/caspar/images/duckman.jpg

- nilita, with fond memories of her favourite PG-rated cartoon series ...

Duckman: She's a bigger ripoff than those talk-to-a-nympho-in-prison
hotlines that double charge you on your phone bill when they know you can't
do a thing about it 'cause you can't tell anyone you called them in the
first place... so I heard.

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月28日 03:20:012009/7/28
收件人

I think when you do your Phantom Piping, in all probability
you will do so in a tartan that owes very little to the 3rd century.
No one is doubting that cloth dating back to then has been
found and certainly did exist.

Doubtless you will be wearing brogues, patterned socks,
woggles and toggles and a whole invented paraphernalia
of Scotticism.

Still...if it keeps you happy that's fine with me.

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月28日 14:45:322009/7/28
收件人
The Akins Clan Tartan, which was recorded with the Scottish Tartans
Authority in the 1990's is a design or sett taken from an early 19th
century garment worn by William Akins (circa 1822); while the red
Akins dress tartan, recorded by the Scottish Tartans Society in the
1980's is a more recent design - the colors of which were based on the
heraldic colors in the Akins coat of Arms.

The notion of named tartans probably has its origin in the adoption of
certain tartan patterns or setts by Scottish miliary regiments. Most
of these were based on the "government" or Blackwatch tartan, with the
addition of distinctive colored overstripes. The MacKenzie (Seaforth)
tartan being the same as the Blackwatch with the addition of wite and
red overstripes; the Atholl (Murray) tartan being blackwatch with red
overstripes; the Gordon tartan having yellow overstripes, etc.

Because many of these named tartans originated in the 1700's when the
wearing of Highland attire was prohibited to civilians, the idea that
tartans were connected to certain family or clan names seems to have
originated in the early 1800's after the proscription was lifted. The
tartan weaving firm of William Wilson and Sons was already producing a
vast array of tartan patterns in the 1810's many of which bore names,
about the same time the Highland Society of London had interested
itself in obtaining samples of tartans that had been adopted by clan
chiefs as the recognized tartan of their clan. Dozens of additional
tartan designs (including many for Lowland families and Border clans)
were published in 1842 by the Sobieski-Stuart brothers in their book,
the Vestarium Scoticum, adding to the long list of named tartan
designs which has continued to increase at a substantial rate ever
since.

Deirdre Sholto Douglas

未读,
2009年7月28日 15:34:592009/7/28
收件人

"Paging the Orkin representative...would the
representative from Orkin Pest Control please
come to a white courtesy phone?"

Deirdre

________________
The wise open their minds, but a fool opens
his mouth.

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月28日 17:22:422009/7/28
收件人

You wrote:

> Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
> Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.

I disproved it. Again. Just as chic (and others) have
disproved it, time and time again over the years, right
here in the Auld Snake Pit.

If you wanted to, you could swiftly find *hundreds*
of paintings finished before the Victorian Age - and
I mean as far back as the 14th century - depicting
Highlanders wearing Tartan kilts and plaids. You
could, with a wee bit more research, turn up primary
source documents showing receipts for Clan Chiefs
ordering tartan cloth by the dozens of bolts for the
purpose of outfitting clan warriors.

It's all been done before, time and again, and cited
here in the past. I won't re-invent the wheel and do
your work for you, because it's obvious that either
you don't give a fig about Historical Accuracy _or_
that you can't retain what you've read here for more
than a few years.

Why you have so much *invested* in attempting to
further an Historical Lie which has been disproven
so thoroughly and so many times is beyond me...

Disgusted,

The Phantom Piper

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月28日 17:24:252009/7/28
收件人

Now *there's* something you don't see every day.

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月28日 18:25:122009/7/28
收件人
On Jul 28, 4:22 pm, The Phantom Piper <ThePhantomPi...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Tartan cloth certainly existed for many centuries before there was
even a country called "Scotland" - it was woven and worn by the
ancient Tocharians, a European nomadic tribe originating in the
Cacause Steppes of ancient Scythia who settled as far east as central
Asia in the Tarim basin of the Xijiang province of China around 1800
BCE. In Western Europe, tartan cloth was most likely introduced by the
invading Gallic tribes who spread from Scythia across Europe into the
westernmost regions populated by the native Celts.

However the idea of certain specific patterns or "setts" of tartan
designs being adopted by clans as a uniform emblem of identity is not
borne out in either early portraits nor in historical records. Early
portraits often show different tartans being worn at the same time, or
the design of the tartans differing from one generation to the next,
or beween individuals belonging to the same family or clan. The fact
that there is a record of the MacLean chieftain ordering several ells
of cloth in black, green and white, does not mean that he was ordering
bolts of material checked in those colors, and the fact that the
Sobieski-Stuart brothers made a MacLean tartan in green, black and
white (now called hunting MacLean tartan), only proves that they were
aware of the record of his having specfied those colors in ordering
cloth for his clan, as were other researchers and historians who came
after them.

The earliest document that might even hint of a connection between
tartans and surnames comes in the form of a 1717 pro-Jacobite poem by
Allan Ramsay, entitled "Tartana, or The Plaid" wherein the poet
extolls the virtues of Scottish muses or "Tartanas" who bear such
names as Ketha, Hamilla, Campbella, Stuarta, Humea, Hepburna,
Fergusia, Brucina, Maxella and Pringella - suggesting that if named
tartans existed at that time, many of them were then associated with
Lowland surnames rather than Highland ones.

Deirdre Sholto Douglas

未读,
2009年7月28日 18:37:092009/7/28
收件人
Cory Bhreckan wrote:

> Now *there's* something you don't see every day.

What's truly remarkable is that apparently
he's not yet run out of breath or steam for
pontificating...even after all this time.

So, have you any idea when Ilk Hunting Season
opens? Perhaps on the Vainglorious 11th?

Deirdre

________________
The quickest way to a man's heart is through
his ribcage.

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月28日 18:56:442009/7/28
收件人

Tut tut. He's posting from Oklahoma, you wouldn't understand.

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月28日 21:01:072009/7/28
收件人

As you will. I don't really care for your arrogance.
I would be very grateful Phantom if you would haunt
someone else. I will not be dancing to your jig.

Furthermore, I have nothing invested whatsoever
in furthering any historical lie.

What really annoys you is that when it comes to Scots,
I am the real deal whereas you are the chocolate box
version.

Go blow your Chanter.

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月28日 21:26:442009/7/28
收件人
On Jul 28, 3:25 pm, Akins of that Ilk <stevenak...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

<well, who really cares?>

If you're responding to a post of mine, you worthless fraud,
there's no need, for this will be the first and last time I reply
to one of yours.

That's because you are a despicable piece of subhuman
scum, and there's no earthly (or Otherworldly) reason for
me to want to do so, other than this opportunity to tell you
what I think of you.

I happened to be away from the Auld Snake Pit when you
began your Self-Humiliation Roadshow here; I read of your
public exposure and hilarious destruction on a subsequent
visit. I laughed and laughed...

I wrote at the top of this thread why I mentioned you here
at all: you are once again promulgating your racist shite
and fictitious wannabe claims, this time with a book. A
"highly anticipated" book, by "Celtic scholar and historian"
Steven L. Akins... What a joke. You are a tiny wee slimy
thing, merely another "Southern Gentleman" with racist
tendencies and a desperate desire to be someone other
than who you actually are.

Still, that motivation is at least easily understood! Why you
would want to continue to be _yourself_ is the more difficult
thing to understand - ie: why on earth wouldn't you seek to
change yourself from being the lying pathetic fraud you are
into at least some semblance of a Man?

There is only one honourable way for you to rectify things
at this point, and you don't have the courage to employ it.
So no doubt you'll still be here years from now, attempting
to fool those who can be fooled with your sad lies. I would
pity you, if you weren't so noxiously slimy.

Scraping You Off My Boots,

The Phantom Piper

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月28日 21:38:002009/7/28
收件人
On Jul 28, 6:01 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What really annoys you is that when it comes to Scots,
> I am the real deal whereas you are the chocolate box
> version.

What really annoys me is Historical Revisionism from
clueless Lowland blatherers.

And you are no more Scottish than I am for continuing
to live there. Less, in fact - for having believed such easily
disprovable lies and posting them in a Scottish forum. (I
note that to date you haven't refuted the fact that you were
dead wrong [in what you initially posted] over the course
of three exchanges with me in this thread...)

> Go blow your Chanter.

Go tug your forelock.

More Well-Informed,

The Phantom Piper

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月28日 21:45:262009/7/28
收件人
Of course.

Liberal, multi-cultural promoting, pro-gay, pro-foreign, anti-
nationalists have to have some sort of scapegoat, since they dare not
cast a suspicious gaze on the Muslims, the Pakistanis, the blacks, the
Asians, the homosexuals and communists who they seek to elevate to
heroic status at the expense of our own cultural and ethnic
integrity.

This is what happens when we buy into the lies of those whose only
desire is to see us vanquished as a race, that their own might not
seem inferior by comparison.

So, enjoy watching your Jew-tube, enjoy reading your Zionist published
newspapers, magazines, and other propaganda. Buy into the liberal
agenda, the one world government, the puppet-show of politics. "Pay no
attention to that man behind the curtain! The great and powerful ZOG
has spoken!"

Deirdre Sholto Douglas

未读,
2009年7月28日 23:57:522009/7/28
收件人
Glenallan wrote:

> What really annoys you is that when it comes to Scots,
> I am the real deal whereas you are the chocolate box
> version.

You know, it's hard enough being a wannabe
without people like you pishing on his wee
parade.

Deirdre

________________
The universe is neither benign nor hostile,
merely indifferent.

Deirdre Sholto Douglas

未读,
2009年7月29日 00:00:222009/7/29
收件人
Akins of that Ilk wrote:
> Of course.
>
> Liberal, multi-cultural promoting, pro-gay, pro-foreign, anti-
> nationalists have to have some sort of scapegoat, since they dare not
> cast a suspicious gaze on the Muslims, the Pakistanis, the blacks, the
> Asians, the homosexuals and communists who they seek to elevate to
> heroic status at the expense of our own cultural and ethnic
> integrity.

Charming as ever, I see.

Deirdre

________________
Conspiracy can never replace simple stupidity.

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 01:16:562009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 28, 11:00 pm, Deirdre Sholto Douglas

I've seen charm work on snakes before, but I've never trusted it as
much as a cudgel.

Allan

未读,
2009年7月29日 02:44:442009/7/29
收件人

"The Phantom Piper" <ThePhan...@comcast.net> wrote in message

On Jul 27, 3:19 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
> Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.

That is a canard. It has been disproven in this very
forum time and again - and by chic mcgregor no less.

Not only are there _many_ paintings done before Queen
Vickie was ever born depicting Highlanders in tartan kilts
and plaids, but actual tartan cloth dating back to the 3rd
century AD has been unearthed at Falkirk.

***************************

Glenallan doesn't suggest that tartan didn't exist before the 19thC. He's
talking about specific tartans being registered as belonging to specific
families. It might be an exaggeration to say "they are all borne of the
19thC" but if we must take every single word literally ( for instance if I
say people in Kelso are all on holiday at the moment do I actually mean
every single person?) then that is all it is. Some may pre-date that but
the vast majority of tartans don't.

Besides we Scots are quite strange. We see something as new because it is
only 200 years old or so, when that is quite a tradition in itself.

Allan

Allan

未读,
2009年7月29日 02:47:282009/7/29
收件人

"Akins of that Ilk" <steve...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Of course.
>
> Liberal, multi-cultural promoting, pro-gay, pro-foreign, anti-
> nationalists have to have some sort of scapegoat, since they dare not
> cast a suspicious gaze on the Muslims, the Pakistanis, the blacks, the
> Asians, the homosexuals and communists who they seek to elevate to
> heroic status at the expense of our own cultural and ethnic
> integrity.

You gave me the best belly laugh I'd ever had on newsnet when you made the
front page about trying to smuggle the gravestone into the country to prove
your ancestry thingy. Seeing you post again though reminds me that you ain't
so funny.

Allan

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月29日 06:49:102009/7/29
收件人
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:44:44 +0100, "Allan" <al...@noemail.co.uk>
wrote:

>"The Phantom Piper" <ThePhan...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>On Jul 27, 3:19 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
>> Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.
>
>That is a canard. It has been disproven in this very
>forum time and again - and by chic mcgregor no less.
>
>Not only are there _many_ paintings done before Queen
>Vickie was ever born depicting Highlanders in tartan kilts
>and plaids, but actual tartan cloth dating back to the 3rd
>century AD has been unearthed at Falkirk.
>
>***************************
>
>Glenallan doesn't suggest that tartan didn't exist before the 19thC. He's
>talking about specific tartans being registered as belonging to specific
>families. It might be an exaggeration to say "they are all borne of the
>19thC" but if we must take every single word literally ( for instance if I
>say people in Kelso are all on holiday at the moment do I actually mean
>every single person?) then that is all it is. Some may pre-date that but
>the vast majority of tartans don't.

Thank you. That is the general *conversational* point I
was making. I was not attempting a treatise on the
history of the tartan. A cursory glance at the list of
tartans posted by the Fifeshire Floozie in this same
thread will more than adequately cover my
generalisation

http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_a.htm

Here you will find an Antrim Tartan, American Bicentennial,
Aberdeen Football Club and an Austrian Bowhunters
Tartan (well...I never!) to name but a few with many
other territorial and corporate tartans.

Perhaps MacPhantom would be kind enough to advise
which tartan is 'his'.

Glenallan
----------

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 08:12:222009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 1:47 am, "Allan" <al...@noemail.co.uk> wrote:
> "Akins of that Ilk" <stevenak...@bellsouth.net> wrote in messagenews:25a411c9-e3c0-4d9f...@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

Tabloids are tabloids, doesn't matter on which side of the Atlantic
they are published. On this side of the pond, they tend to give the
Loch Ness monster a good deal of coverage, along with Bigfoot, UFO's,
and snapshots of unsuspecting celebrities looking decidedly
unglamorous as they devour doughnuts while sunbathing on the beach;
not to mention the weekly betting pool as to whether the Pope, the
American President, or some other unfortunate is the Biblically
prophecied Anti-Christ. Were it not for tabloids we might have been
spared the knowledge that Prince Charles fantasies about being
Camilla's tampon.

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月29日 08:39:552009/7/29
收件人
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:49:10 +0100, Glenallan <robt....@gmail.com>
wrote:

In further exploration of the site, I notice that there is
a passably attractive Singh Family Tartan...and more
power to their elbow.

I have always asserted thet settlers in Scotland ought
integrate into the fabric of our society as it were. ;-)

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月29日 08:56:492009/7/29
收件人
Akins of that Ilk wrote:

What colour is your sheet?

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 08:58:432009/7/29
收件人
Quoth Akins of that Ilk <steve...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:

I know all about those tabloid stories. Would you or someone else
care to fill me in on the story of the smuggled gravestone?

--
James

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:01:122009/7/29
收件人

You never know when one will come in handy.

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:03:242009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 7:39 am, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:49:10 +0100, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>

> >On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:44:44 +0100, "Allan" <al...@noemail.co.uk>
> >wrote:
>
> >>"The Phantom Piper" <ThePhantomPi...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I dare say they are doing a bit more than that - the foreigners who
have immigrated to Britain are giving the Scots a run for their money.
Nicoll Brothers, a Highland outfitter who had been in business since
1835 was forced to close its doors a couple of years ago due to the
proliferation of cheap, shoddily-made sporrans and other regalia being
imported from Pakistan. The Gold Brothers - a business run by a family
of Middle Eastern origin, hawks cheap, off the peg, polyester "kilts"
on the streets of Edinbugh and Glasgow with intentionally misleading
labels that read "designed in Scotland" - making no mention that they
were made and imported from some Asian sweatshop.

Before it is over, I think a lot of Britons will realize they were
misled into supporting the wrong side in World War II, and their
sympathies should have been more in line with those of the Duke of
Windsor and Nevill Chamberlain; unfortunately its growing late for
that realization to set in.

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:09:292009/7/29
收件人
Quoth Akins of that Ilk <steve...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:

>were made and imported from some Asian sweatshop.
>
>Before it is over,

Before WHAT is over?

>I think a lot of Britons will realize they were
>misled into supporting the wrong side in World War II, and their
>sympathies should have been more in line with those of the Duke of
>Windsor and Nevill Chamberlain; unfortunately its growing late for
>that realization to set in.

Thank goodness not many people have "realized" that.

--
James

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:13:572009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 8:01 am, Cory Bhreckan <corybhreckan@nospam_verizon.net>
wrote:
> James Hogg wrote:
> > Quoth Akins of that Ilk <stevenak...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:
> The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall- Hide quoted text -

One good thing that did come out of the Sunday Mail article was that
when my ex-wife returned from consumating her affair with her Glasgow
tenement dweller, was that the court here on this side of the pond was
more than happy to return my two childen to my custody, who I have
been happily raising since - a situation which I would not trade for
any scrap of paper from any office of the British Crown.

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:16:302009/7/29
收件人
Cory Bhreckan wrote:

> What colour is your sheet?

It couldn't possibly be anything other than white...

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:20:592009/7/29
收件人
James Hogg wrote:

> I know all about those tabloid stories. Would you or someone else
> care to fill me in on the story of the smuggled gravestone?

http://www.ian-stewart.eu/z-sja-main.html

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:28:342009/7/29
收件人
Quoth S Viemeister <firs...@lastname.oc.ku>, and I quote:

Thanks Sheila, but you could have warned me that there was
going to be a photograph of a smug grin and something Akin to
a split beaver.

--
James

Deirdre Sholto Douglas

未读,
2009年7月29日 09:42:222009/7/29
收件人

Really? I was rather thinking a nice
flowered percale...

Deirdre

________________
Another casualty of applied metaphysics.

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:18:422009/7/29
收件人

"Akins of that Ilk" <steve...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Well....
You've summoned him up.
No what are you to do with him?

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:24:112009/7/29
收件人

Gee.....
Whence the serious and reasoned pee pee of the first post?
Back to business as usual?

"The Phantom Piper" <ThePhan...@comcast.net> wrote in message

you worthless fraud,

you are a despicable piece of subhuman
scum,

you began your Self-Humiliation Roadshow here;

you are once again promulgating your racist shite

You are a tiny wee slimy thing

being the lying pathetic fraud you are

fool those who can be fooled with your sad lies.

if you weren't so noxiously slimy.

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:26:022009/7/29
收件人

"S Viemeister" <firs...@lastname.oc.ku> wrote in message

> Cory Bhreckan wrote:
>>
>> What colour is your sheet?
>>
> It couldn't possibly be anything other than white..

Certainly not the same colour as pee pee's............
(A brilliant red, pee pee's sheet).

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:28:532009/7/29

On Jul 28, 6:01 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

More Well-Informed,

**********

Geeze, the arrogance of the man...........

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:34:002009/7/29
收件人

"James Hogg" <Jas....@gOUTmail.com> wrote in message

LOL! Good to see you back in style, Mr. Hogg!

- nilita

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:44:022009/7/29
收件人
I have an evil side.

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 10:47:522009/7/29
收件人

"S Viemeister" <firs...@lastname.oc.ku> wrote in message

What is that dead animal hanging from his frontal area?

- nilita

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 11:40:002009/7/29
收件人
Quoth "La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com>, and I quote:

How do we know it's dead?

--
James

Jane Margaret Laight

未读,
2009年7月29日 11:51:382009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 8:58 am, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com> wrote:
> Quoth Akins of that Ilk <stevenak...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:
> James- Hide quoted text -

courtesy of Jenkins of his Ilk:

http://www.ian-stewart.eu/z-sja-main.html

JML
wearing her North Carolina tartan ("fetching skirt, miss!")

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Carolina/tartan_N_Carolina.html

Jane Margaret Laight

未读,
2009年7月29日 11:56:452009/7/29
收件人
> http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Carolina/tartan_N_Carolina.html- Hide quoted text -

arrgh!

I'm definitely off my game here--I've been away too long--I'll do
better; this looks like it's going to be fun

She Who Wears Tartan, the Librarian

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 12:00:582009/7/29
收件人
Jane Margaret Laight wrote:

> JML
> wearing her North Carolina tartan ("fetching skirt, miss!")
>
> http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Carolina/tartan_N_Carolina.html

Here's me wearing my tartan ... mind you, they didn't have colour photos in
those days ... :)

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/nilita2004/?action=view&current=Gitanita.jpg

- nilita, who kind of remembers it being green, grey, and black, to go along
with a brightt red blouse ..

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 12:06:242009/7/29
收件人

Well, then, I'm doubly concerned that it would be in the whizzing target
area.

- nilita, proud member of the SPCA

Jane Margaret Laight

未读,
2009年7月29日 12:26:152009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 12:00 pm, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jane Margaret Laight wrote:
>
>  >
>
> > JML
> > wearing her North Carolina tartan ("fetching skirt, miss!")
>
> >http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Carolina/tartan_N_Carolina.html
>
> Here's me wearing my tartan ... mind you, they didn't have colour photos in
> those days ... :)
>
> http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/nilita2004/?action=view&curre...

> - nilita, who kind of remembers it being green, grey, and black, to go along
> with a brightt red blouse ..

awwwww--it suits you!

JML
debating whether to have a picture taken or not

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 12:35:522009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 9:47 am, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "S Viemeister" <firstn...@lastname.oc.ku> wrote in message

> > James Hogg wrote:
> >> Quoth S Viemeister <firstn...@lastname.oc.ku>, and I quote:

> >> Thanks Sheila, but you could have warned me that there was going to be a
> >> photograph of a smug grin and something Akin to a split beaver.
>
> > I have an evil side.
>
> What is that dead animal hanging from his frontal area?
>
> - nilita

The sporran in that photograph was made from a badger, one of the more
traditional animals used in sporran-making; though they are not as
often seen nowadays as they were in the Victorian and Edwardian era.
(see:http://www.ulyssesulysses.com/images/nestor/tartan.JPG )

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月29日 13:25:202009/7/29
收件人

On the contrary, they've gotten quite the fashion sense.

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/10056315av.jpg/

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 13:35:292009/7/29
收件人
Cory Bhreckan wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
>> Cory Bhreckan wrote:
>>>
>>> What colour is your sheet?
>>>
>> It couldn't possibly be anything other than white...
>
> On the contrary, they've gotten quite the fashion sense.
>
> http://img101.imageshack.us/i/10056315av.jpg/

I clicked on that image, and now I feel soiled.

I wouldn't think, though, that SAotI would consider anything other than
pure white - no brown, black, red, or yellow.

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:03:282009/7/29
收件人
S Viemeister wrote:
> Cory Bhreckan wrote:
>> S Viemeister wrote:

>>> It couldn't possibly be anything other than white...
>>
>> On the contrary, they've gotten quite the fashion sense.
>>
>> http://img101.imageshack.us/i/10056315av.jpg/
>>
> I clicked on that image, and now I feel soiled.

It's a durty bidness, but the truth must prevail.

> I wouldn't think, though, that SAotI would consider anything other than
> pure white - no brown, black, red, or yellow.

Pure white implies regular laundering.

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:06:472009/7/29
收件人
Cory Bhreckan wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
>> Cory Bhreckan wrote:

>>> On the contrary, they've gotten quite the fashion sense.
>>>
>>> http://img101.imageshack.us/i/10056315av.jpg/
>>>
>> I clicked on that image, and now I feel soiled.
>
> It's a durty bidness, but the truth must prevail.
>

>> I wouldn't think, though, that SAotI would consider anything other
>> than pure white - no brown, black, red, or yellow.
>
> Pure white implies regular laundering.

I would imagine that a properly-trained, obedient wife would take care
of that.

Jeffrey Hamilton

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:24:372009/7/29
收件人

For sure she would, but try and find one.....

cheers.....Jeff
now where _is_ my *honey-do* list.....?

Jeffrey Hamilton

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:28:532009/7/29
收件人

He's got a swell sporran though, I'll give him that.

cheers......Jeff

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:29:162009/7/29
收件人
Quoth Akins of that Ilk <steve...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:

>On Jul 29, 9:47�am, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ah, I wrongly assumed that it was a beaver and spread the myth
that you have a Castor in front of your Pollux. It turns out that
you have a brock in front of your cock or, as the English say,
a badger in front of your tadger.

--
James

Jeffrey Hamilton

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:31:262009/7/29
收件人

I thought _that_ was the leftovers, from Jane Margarets *creamed squirrel*
recipe. Who knew ?

cheers....Jeff

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:32:472009/7/29
收件人

"James Hogg" <Jas....@gOUTmail.com> wrote in message

Bear claws are de rigeur in this part of the New World.

- nilita

S Viemeister

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:33:572009/7/29
收件人
Ouch.

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:47:182009/7/29
收件人

While white is the de rigueur color for ritual wear in the spiritual
path that I follow, I don't believe the crowd shown in the previous
photo are Druids, at least not of the same denomination as myself,
since our robes and hoods are cut to a somewhat different style as you
can plainly see: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/my_family_photographs/midsummer-1.jpg

Bryn Fraser

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:51:522009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 27, 11:19 pm, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:38:21 -0700 (PDT), The Phantom Piper
>

> <ThePhantomPi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Jul 27, 6:14 am, Joe Makowiec <makow...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> As far as the weaver goes, if SAotI had the thread count
> >> and the money, there's no reason they wouldn't weave it.
>
> >It's not the Weaving that's problematic; it's the _Dating_.
>
> >The tartan in question is listed as being dated to _1822_,
> >yet on the same website is a "Tartan Creator" wherein the
> >user can design their own tartan pattern.  What I'm wondering
> >is whether or not this Comrie firm was/is complicit in SAotI's
> >deceptions or were themselves duped.
>
> >Composing An E-mail,
>
> >The Phantom Piper
>
> As I recall, it was rather a nice tartan....better than most.
> Its provenance has nothing to do with that. It was
> certainly claimed as the Akins Tartan and as is stated
> above...if you wanna weave a tartan, just weave a
> tartan and register it.
>
> Thay are all borne of the 19th Century Walter Scott /
> Queen Victoria industry and the Colonial British Army.
>
> Almost every month there is a new tartan.
> Almost every County Council of Scotland has
> commissioned a Tartan
>
> http://www.scottishradiance.com/clanmapf.htm
> Here is a Clan Map of Scotlsnd.
>
> As far as I am aware, our own Dr Lesley Robertson
> is an acknowledged expert in this area as well
> as genealogy as well as her Professional Academic
> interests.

Rubbish map!

Mind it only shows the Highland Frasers so not so bad..

Bryn

Last of the Mohicans.

Well not quite, Father put it about all over the place and my siblings
are breeding nicely..

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:54:362009/7/29
收件人

Ah. So, this would be your clan ritual?:

http://halloweenpropmaster.com/images/OCT016A_1.JPG

- nilita

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 14:59:462009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 1:54 pm, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Akins of that Ilk wrote:

> >> I clicked on that image, and now I feel soiled.
>
> >> I wouldn't think, though, that SAotI would consider anything other
> >> than pure white - no brown, black, red, or yellow.
>
> > While white is the de rigueur color for ritual wear in the spiritual
> > path that I follow, I don't believe the crowd shown in the previous
> > photo are Druids, at least not of the same denomination as myself,
> > since our robes and hoods are cut to a somewhat different style as you
> > can plainly see:
> >http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/my_family_photographs/midsum...

> Ah.  So, this would be your clan ritual?:
>
> http://halloweenpropmaster.com/images/OCT016A_1.JPG
>
> - nilita- Hide quoted text -

I think those must be MacGregors, the pine tree is their plant badge.
We go in more for oak trees.

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:03:162009/7/29
收件人

This is the ritual of the Clan Bhreckan:

http://www.asiahardrock.com/BFhall01.JPG

- nilita

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:07:112009/7/29
收件人
La N wrote:
> > This is the ritual of the Clan Bhreckan:
>
> http://www.asiahardrock.com/BFhall01.JPG

And, here by the Phantom Piper:

http://www.thesegments.com/images/SegmentsInTimeOne.jpg

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:11:482009/7/29
收件人

Joe Makowiec

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:15:342009/7/29
收件人
On 29 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, La N wrote:

> Bear claws are de rigeur in this part of the New World.

That takes care of the Vancouver police[1], but how about sporrans?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_claw_%28pastry%29

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe
Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org/

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:23:052009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 2:15 pm, Joe Makowiec <makow...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2009 in soc.culture.scottish, La N wrote:
>
> > Bear claws are de rigeur in this part of the New World.
>
> That takes care of the Vancouver police[1], but how about sporrans?
>
> [1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_claw_%28pastry%29
>
> --
> Joe Makowiechttp://makowiec.org/

There's a firm up in Nova Scotia by the name of L & M Highland
outfitters who makes decent sporrans, including badger, fox, and some
other beasties: http://www.landmhighland.com/default.asp?mn=1.7.110&f=lp&pcat=1&ptyp=10

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 15:58:472009/7/29
收件人

"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "James Hogg" <Jas....@gOUTmail.com> wrote in message
>> Quoth Akins of that Ilk <steve...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:

>>>The sporran in that photograph was made from a badger, one of the more

>>>traditional animals used in sporran-making; though they are not as
>>>often seen nowadays as they were in the Victorian and Edwardian era.
>>>(see:http://www.ulyssesulysses.com/images/nestor/tartan.JPG )
>>
>> Ah, I wrongly assumed that it was a beaver and spread the myth
>> that you have a Castor in front of your Pollux. It turns out that
>> you have a brock in front of your cock or, as the English say,
>> a badger in front of your tadger.
>>

> Bear claws are de rigeur in this part of the New World.

Are you guys sure this is THE Akins of that Ilk?
It sounds an awful lot like MacRoberts of that Ilk having us all on.

conwaycaine

未读,
2009年7月29日 16:04:052009/7/29
收件人

"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What a little angel you were!
Reminds me of my youngest grand daughter, fingers in mouth and all.

Cory Bhreckan

未读,
2009年7月29日 16:56:342009/7/29
收件人

I thought she left him. Then there's the personal hygiene issues.

已删除帖子

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:39:302009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 3:49 am, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was not attempting a treatise on  the history of the tartan.

No. You were making a blanket statement of Non-Fact.

Had you been "attempting a treatise on the history of
the tartan" you would have been called into your advisors
office and upbraided for the shoddy job.

Here's another example of the same laxity:

> A cursory glance at the list of tartans posted by the
> Fifeshire Floozie in this same thread will more than
> adequately cover my generalisation
>
> http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_a.htm

It was *I* who posted that link, not FF - so you betray a
certain nonchalance with the Facts and sloppy thinking
in general.

Glenallan (I won't address you by your actual name
because you already remind me of some of the more
annoying characteristics of my elder brother as it is),
your storytelling capability is a wondrous thing. You
have always provided great entertainment in a charming
fashion with your wee tales (when not posting drunk,
that is). You ought to stick to what you're good at:
Fiction - you're not so adept at handling Facts.

> Perhaps MacPhantom would be kind enough to advise
> which tartan is 'his'.

I haven't brought up 'my' tartan in this thread - at all.
So once again you are playing fast-and-loose with
the truth of things. This argument came about as a
direct result of your posting a Lie which has been
posted in this forum *many* times in the past (and
debunked just as many times).

It is a Lie which is invariably posted by some Borderer
or Lowlander (the worst example being Ian Johnston of
Jedburgh). It is a Lie with an Agenda, and the Agenda
is to revise and deny a portion of Highland Culture. Tell
me, O Historical Sage, why the Disarming Act of _1746_
(just a bit before Queen Vickie's day) reads *specifically*:

XVII. And be it further enacted by the Authority aforesaid,
that from and after the First Day of August, One thousand
seven hundred and forty seven, no Man or Boy, within that
part of Great Britain called Scotland, other than such as
shall be employed as Officers and Soldiers in His Majesty’s
Forces, shall, on any Pretence whatsoever, wear or put on
the Clothes commonly called Highland Clothes (that is to
say) the Plaid, Philebeg, or little Kilt, Trowse, Shoulder Belts,
or any Part whatsoever of what peculiarly belongs to the
Highland Garb; and that no Tartan, or party-coloured Plaid
or Stuff shall be used for Great Coats, or for Upper Coats

I'll tell you why it is: it is for the same specific reason that
the Lie is so frequently posted here that either Tartans, or
Kilts/Plaids themselves, or both, are "Romantic Inventions
Of The Victorian Age." It is a Lie designed to minimise and
deny a portion of Highland Culture.

I'll even tell you why it is told, in this day and age.
I believe it's told out of Jealousy. You and the Flemish
Border Harpy (from Albuquerque, apparently) and the
Stalking Midge frae Kelso, and others, over the years,
have _each_ revealed how distressed you are at Tourists
coming *through* your areas expecting to find that all
Scots are Highlanders - and how, disappointed, they
move on. One of you three was recently lamenting
how all the puir deluded Touristas wanted to see the
Wallace Monument, and expected to find the Border
Volk walking about in kilts playing the pipes. The
phrases "biscuit tin tartanry" and "Brigadoonery" are
invariably used when one of you is ranting about this
situation.

(And of course, it *is* Brigadoonery; the Tourists are dead
wrong in their misguided belief that all Scots are Highlanders.
But it's the Belief itself that you *just can't stand*! You're
actually _jealous_ of the fact that when the World outwith
Scotland thinks of Scots, it's _Highlanders_ they picture.
Highlanders in Highland Attire, playing the Great Highland
Pipes - that's the World's (mistaken) image of All Scotsmen.)

And it riles you no end! You whinge and girn about it,
subconsciously gnashing your teeth, possibly unaware
that what's chafing you is the fact that it's *you lot* who
aren't seen as being Scottish by the vast majority of the
Earth's population.

Personally, I find it hysterically funny!
(Or perhaps Historically Funny would be better...)

So you take out the ire raised by your subconscious
Inferiority Complex in trying to naysay and ridicule the
regional culture that eclipses yours; you post the Lies
that you were taught since you were weans.

And when someone calls you on it, you look for any
opening you think constitutes a weakness to attack
them with. In the case of expats, you invariably pull
out the tired old "I'm more Scottish than you because
I still live here" tactic. But of course, that only serves
to expose the fact of your Inferiority Complex more
starkly.

(And it should, because if Reality is created from the
Belief of the masses, you lot are *less* Scottish than
any Highland expat in the world. You are _certainly_
"less Scottish" for continually posting Lies attempting
to revise and deny History and ridicule Culture.)

So do take one of those prim fingers you so adeptly
type your lovely tales and foetid lies with and

Sit On It And Spin,

The Phantom Piper

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:41:142009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 4:17 pm, Nemo <brokenj...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Akins of that Ilk, stevenak...@bellsouth.net,

> <6d7d943a-7b4f-45fe-90fb-58b19e6ed...@18g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, wrote:
> > There's a firm up in Nova Scotia by the name of L & M Highland
> > outfitters who makes decent sporrans, including badger, fox, and some
> > other beasties:
> >http://www.landmhighland.com/default.asp?mn=1.7.110&f=lp&pcat=1&ptyp=10
>
> But the one in the photograph of the Akins of that pretence, would seem to
> have come from this supplier,http://www.sporrans.com/badger4.htmlhave a
> look at their other products, some in better taste than others.
> --
> Nemo, "An English renegade..." "Fantasy Celt..." "playing the Holocaust
> card..." Robert Henderson, June 2009

No, mine was purchased from a firm in Florida who was a distributor
for L&M, I can't recall the company's name, and they have since
apparently gone out of business.

I've never been very impressed with Cragie's work, it is a bit crude.
More recently I've had some excellent dealings with Margaret Morrison
out of Perth, owned by Mr. Greg Whyte. They are a first rate business
and do excellent work with very fast delivery. Here is a custom
leather sporran I recently commissioned from them:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/my_family_photographs/Picture050.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/my_family_photographs/Picture053.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/my_family_photographs/Picture051.jpg

Janet Eagleton, also in Perth, does excellent work as well, but her
turnround time for finishing orders is quite a bit longer than
Morrison, and she can be difficult to communicate with via the
internet. Her work is first rate though.

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:42:302009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 5:56 am, Cory Bhreckan <corybhreckan@nospam_verizon.net>
wrote:

> Akins of that Ilk wrote:
>
> What colour is your sheet?

Whitebred, of course. (Don't ask him which Klan he's from!)

Avoiding The South Of *EVERYWHERE*,

The Phantom Piper

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:46:172009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 5:58 am, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com> wrote:

> I know all about those tabloid stories. Would you or someone else
> care to fill me in on the story of the smuggled gravestone?

Start here:

http://www.ian-stewart.eu/z-sja-main.html

Happy To Help,

The Phantom Piper

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:47:452009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 3:56 pm, Cory Bhreckan <corybhreckan@nospam_verizon.net>
> The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall- Hide quoted text -

My first wife and I divorced back in 2001. I have since remarried and
we are expecting our first child together, a boy, who is due to be
born around the end of October/early November, Mackerness Forbes
Henderson Akins, my third child and second son.

James Hogg

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:53:352009/7/29
收件人
Quoth Akins of that Ilk <steve...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:

>On Jul 29, 3:56�pm, Cory Bhreckan <corybhreckan@nospam_verizon.net>

So you badgered this poor woman into bearing your child?

--
James

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 17:59:382009/7/29
收件人

Makin' akin bacon?

- nilita

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 18:03:482009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 4:39 pm, The Phantom Piper <ThePhantomPi...@comcast.net>
wrote:

I'll have to agree with you on one point - Highlanders (i.e. the
Gaels) were the original Scots, they were an ancient tribe originating
in Scythia, who crossed over Europe, settled in Gaul, Galacia, and
from thence onward to Ireland and ultimately reaching the north of
Britain about 500 A.D. The north of Britain was previously inhabited
by Britons, Britons who were so uncivilized that the Romans themselves
couldn't conquer them. The Romans called them Picts (painted people)
which was a Latinization of their own name, Prytani (from the root
word Pryd meaning "to mark" or "draw") - the name of the Isle of
Britain itself comes from Prydain, of the same origin.

So the real Scots, the Scotti, came to northern Britain from Ulster,
set up a remote kingdom called Dalriada in Argyllshire, and slowly
over the next several hundred years spread their Gaelic language and
culture across the northern thrid of Britain; eventually uniting their
Scottic kingdom with that of the Picts under Kenneth MacAlpine to form
Alba, the land that would later be called Scotland, after the Scots.

The Phantom Piper

未读,
2009年7月29日 18:05:402009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 2:53 pm, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com> wrote:

> So you badgered this poor woman into bearing your child?

Oh, that's very good!

10/10,

The Phantom Piper

Allan

未读,
2009年7月29日 18:05:572009/7/29

On Jul 29, 3:49 am, Glenallan <robt.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was not attempting a treatise on the history of the tartan.

I'll even tell you why it is told, in this day and age.

I believe it's told out of Jealousy. You and the Flemish
Border Harpy (from Albuquerque, apparently) and the
Stalking Midge frae Kelso, and others, over the years,
have _each_ revealed how distressed you are at Tourists
coming *through* your areas expecting to find that all
Scots are Highlanders - and how, disappointed, they
move on.

******************************

You really are a stupid bigoted oaf aren't you. I've never posted anything
about any tourist coming to the Borders and being disappointed that it isn't
the Highlands. You've just made that up. Just as you make up your silly
classroom names. Mind I suspect that is probably what your own experience of
the Borders amounts to. Stopping off at the Jedburgh Woolen Mill on your
tourist bus.

Allan

Akins of that Ilk

未读,
2009年7月29日 18:08:312009/7/29
收件人
On Jul 29, 4:53 pm, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com> wrote:
> Quoth Akins of that Ilk <stevenak...@bellsouth.net>, and I quote:
> James- Hide quoted text -

The badger was hanging on the coatrack IIRC.....We've been married for
four years, and she has been looking forward to this for quite some
time.

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 18:16:202009/7/29
收件人

In one of your bad moods, PP?

- nilita

Glenallan

未读,
2009年7月29日 19:12:402009/7/29
收件人
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:39:30 -0700 (PDT), The Phantom Piper
<ThePhan...@comcast.net> wrote:

>And it riles you no end!

Phantom, it takes a lot to 'rile me no end',
and I have to report you have not succeeded.

Maybe you should talk with someone else.

Mary

未读,
2009年7月29日 19:14:212009/7/29
收件人
"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jane Margaret Laight wrote:
> >
> > JML
> > wearing her North Carolina tartan ("fetching skirt, miss!")
> >
> > http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Carolina/tartan_N_Carolina.html
>
> Here's me wearing my tartan ... mind you, they didn't have colour photos
in
> those days ... :)

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/nilita2004/?action=view&current=Gitanita.jpg

> - nilita, who kind of remembers it being green, grey, and black, to go
along
> with a brightt red blouse ..

Its a cute photo. Who is the girl with dark hair and sunglasses, and who is
the baby? Have you got a tank in your back yard and The Hulk ? :)

Mary

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 19:21:172009/7/29
收件人

Yikes! I forgot I had all those other photos on there. The movie star
looking girl with the sunglasses is my daughter at Venice Beach, Ca. The
babe is my grandkiddy, and it is *moi* (a long time ago) with the late
Andre the Giant. As for the tank? Long story ... :)

- nilita

La N

未读,
2009年7月29日 19:23:062009/7/29
收件人

Awww .... what a sweet thing to say .... in those days I wasn't referred to
as a "little angel", but rather a dirty little ragamuffin [gipsy] kid ... :)

- nilita

Mary

未读,
2009年7月29日 23:07:162009/7/29
收件人
"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Your daughter looks nice. Does she look like you? No recent photos of you?
When your grandchild is a little older, I wonder what she will think of the
baby photo? :). How old is she now?

Mary

La N

未读,
2009年7月30日 01:24:572009/7/30
收件人

My beloved spawn and I don't look too much alike. My daughter is darker
skinned than I am, for one thing. And I don't post recent photos of myself
due to the k00K factor on Usenet .. ;) I didn't even mean to have these
ones displayed, but oh well, no damage done ... :). The grandkiddy is very
cute and sometimes is mistaken for a girl, but he's a boy and 18 months old.
A real character, and believe it or not, a Michael Jackson fan - can even
moon dance like Michael Jackson [did]. Well, when the little guy is old
enough to understand, we'll have to tell him that Michael Jackson has gone
from this early plain.

- nilita

正在加载更多帖子。
0 个新帖子