Russia's Tiny Economy and Pedophile Corrupt Proto-Commie President With The High, Squeaky Voice

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2018, 10:15:10 AM8/10/18
Russia's Surprisingly Small Economy
Russia's GDP is smaller than you might think.

How big do you think Russia's economy is? It must be huge, right?

Just look at a map. In terms of landmass, it's almost twice as large as
the second-largest country in the world, Canada.

Yet it turns out that Russia's economy is actually quite small. Its gross
domestic product (GDP) in 2015 was half the size of California's or
Canada's.

You read that right. When it comes to economic might, Russia doesn't even
crack the top 10 in the world.

The main reason is that Russia has a smaller population than its landmass
would lead one to believe. It takes the ninth spot in the world, with 142
million people, outranked by the likes of Brazil, Nigeria, Indonesia, and
Bangladesh. This matters because the size of an economy is dictated by
labor and capital. The more of one or both, with all else being equal, the
greater the GDP.

On top of this, the sharp drop in oil prices since 2014 has crippled
Russia's economy. Its GDP has dropped 40% since the year before energy
prices tanked. To put that in perspective, the U.S. economy dropped a
maximum of 26% during the Great Depression.

Offer from The Motley Fool: The 10 best stocks to buy now
Motley Fool co-founders Tom and David Gardner have spent more than a
decade beating the market. In fact, the newsletter they run, Motley Fool
Stock Advisor, has tripled the S&P 500!*

Tom and David just revealed their ten top stock picks for investors to buy
right now.

Putin Doesn’t Care about Sex Trafficking
Russia could have done something to prevent sexual exploitation of foreign
women during the World Cup. It chose not to.

BY MADELINE ROACHE | JULY 13, 2018, 9:35 AM
A woman is locked up in a transparent suitcase reading "Stop Human
Trafficking! 60 Years of Human Rights" on a luggage belt at the airport in
Munich, Germany, on December 11, 2008. The Human Rights organization
Amnesty International staged the action to commemorate the 60th
anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup has brought an estimated 1 million football fans
from around the world to 11 host cities in Russia. But beneath the
buzzing, celebratory atmosphere lies a black market of human misery. Anti-
slavery nongovernmental organizations in Russia claim that human
trafficking has increased since the start of the temporary visa-free
regime for ticket holders, which began on June 4 in advance of the World
Cup.

Major sporting events including the World Cup, the Olympics, and the Super
Bowl always spark warnings over an influx of trafficked workers, many of
whom are the victims of forced prostitution. But experts dispute whether
such events intensify the problem of human trafficking. Concrete figures
are notoriously elusive. There were reports that sexual exploitation had
risen by 30 percent in connection with the World Cup in Germany in 2006,
and 40 percent at the World Cup in South Africa in 2010. Florence Kim of
the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said, “It can be
extremely difficult to identify human trafficking because of its invisible
nature, and even more so because victims are afraid to denounce their
traffickers. They’re often psychologically abused into staying silent.”

Whether or not the numbers have increased dramatically during the 2018
World Cup, Russia is no stranger to human sex trafficking. Following the
collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, economic instability, looser travel
restrictions, and the absence of a functional legal system facilitated a
rise in human trafficking. In the Soviet era, there were no laws against
the practice, and public discussion about sexuality and prostitution was
taboo until the late 1980s.

As trafficking soared in Russia in the 1990s, foreign and domestic NGOs
and some Western governments put pressure on the Duma — the Russian
parliament — to pass anti-trafficking legislation. In 2003, President
Vladimir Putin introduced laws making human trafficking a crime. Since
then, Russia has not introduced any further anti-trafficking lawsIn 2003,
President Vladimir Putin introduced laws making human trafficking a crime.
Since then, Russia has not introduced any further anti-trafficking laws,
whereas all 14 other former Soviet Republics have passed a total of more
than 100 human trafficking laws. Activists say the absence of legislation
makes it almost impossible to incriminate a trafficker.
According to the Global Slavery Index, there were more than a million
victims of human trafficking in Russia in 2016. Yet, in 2013, just 28
people were convicted of sex trafficking and forced labor.

Thousands of people have been trafficked to Russia since June, according
to the Nigerian anti-trafficking activist Oluremi Banwo Kehinde, who leads
Help Services for Nigerians in Russia, an organization that supports
African victims of human trafficking based in Moscow. Kehinde moved to
Moscow in 1989 as a student and has been there ever since. After learning
about the increasing problem of sex trafficking from African countries to
Russia, he decided to fight the practice. To date, he says, he has helped
over 400 African women escape sexual slavery in Russia.

Oleg Smirnov

Nov 20, 2018, 7:04:05 PM11/20/18
"Oleg Smirnov" <Olegs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I wonder what was the fraudster's point to post it backdating, and, by the
way, a few signs in the headers of this message have hinted to me who exactly
of the Usenet regulars is this "46.165.242.91" fraudster.

> Russia's Surprisingly Small Economy
> Russia's GDP is smaller than you might think.
>
> How big do you think Russia's economy is? It must be huge, right?

It's the 5th world economy.

> Just look at a map. In terms of landmass, it's almost twice as large as
> the second-largest country in the world, Canada.
>
> Yet it turns out that Russia's economy is actually quite small. Its gross
> domestic product (GDP) in 2015 was half the size of California's or
> Canada's.
>
> You read that right. When it comes to economic might, Russia doesn't even
> crack the top 10 in the world.
>
> The main reason is that Russia has a smaller population than its landmass
> would lead one to believe. It takes the ninth spot in the world, with 142
> million people, outranked by the likes of Brazil, Nigeria, Indonesia, and
> Bangladesh. This matters because the size of an economy is dictated by
> labor and capital. The more of one or both, with all else being equal, the
> greater the GDP.
>
> On top of this, the sharp drop in oil prices since 2014 has crippled
> Russia's economy. Its GDP has dropped 40% since the year before energy
> prices tanked. To put that in perspective, the U.S. economy dropped a
> maximum of 26% during the Great Depression.

Such a comparison with the American Great Depression is very useful because
it illustrates the simple fact that it's pointless to compare national GDPs
without considering purchasing power parity (PPP).

The Great Depression was very visible and was accompanied by painful social
processes. Most of the regular Americans could feel it on themselves, in
their personal affairs. The Depression caused a few millions of irregular
deaths among the US population, - because of malnutrition and diseases etc, -
about which you may be not aware because the facts were cleaned out from the
American historical myths (and all the relevant / sensitive statistical data
are available today only since mid-1930s, - just try to find them yourself).

Comparing the Great Depression with the Russia's 2013 - 2018 developments
would be a very silly joke, since most of the regular Russians, as well as
most of the Russian businesses, had not experienced any tangible 'crippling'
effects due to the sharp drop in oil prices. The Russians today are living
basically the same way as in 2013. Russia's economy has managed to cope well
with several large projects, like the Crimean bridge or facilities for the
World Cup 2018. Various construction and improvement is going on everywhere,
new roads, railways, the N1 world wheat exporter and so on. So the fact that
"GDP has dropped 40%" may sound bold but it has little to do with the real
life and the real economy. Comparison of GDPs without PPP makes sense only if
the PPs in the compared economies are close to each other.

'Physical' meaning of GDP without PPP is the amount of goods an economy can
buy in the international market at a price equal to its GDP. The situation,
when a nation uses all its GDP to buy something in the international market
is purely hypothetical, - it can not happen in the real life, one can only
imagine it. In turn, a national GDP calculated with PPP has much more clear
physical meaning. It matches the real quality of life, and, for example, it
tells how long and well the nation can feed itself in the case of war etc.

Juggling with the GDP numbers without PPP is quite a notorious 'trick' the
Atlanticist propaganda uses to brainwash and cheat mainly their own English-
speaking populace. Due to the misleading numbers a large part of the regular
Americans live within shit and eat shit, but still believe they are living
incomparably better than people in other countries do. A useful delusion.