Calendar crestin ortodox - 2 martie

Teofil

Mar 2, 2008, 7:24:47 AM3/2/08
IC | XC
---+---
NI | KA

March 2 Feasts
OrthodoxWiki

http://orthodoxwiki.org/March_2

Hieromartyr Theodotus, Bishop of Cyrenia; Virgin-martyr Euthalia of
Sicily; Martyrs Troadius, Hilarion, and Quadratus of Neo-Caesarea;
Venerable Agatho of Egypt, monk; 400 Martyrs slain by the Lombards in
Sicily; Saint Arsenius, Bishop of Tver; Venerable Barsanuphius and
Sabbas, abbots of Tver; Venerable Sabbatius, monk of Tver; Venerable
Euphrosynus, disciple of Sabbatius of Tver; Saint Chad, Bishop of
Lichfield and his brother Cynibil; Martyr Hesychius the Senator; Saint
Cointus of Phrygia, Confessor and Wonder-worker; Martyrs Andronicus
and the virgin Athanasia; Fr. Nicholas (Planas) of Athens; Hieromartyr
Athenodoros the Bishop; Saint Joseph; repose of Abbess Philareta of
Ufa; appearance of the Kolomna Icon of the Theotokos; Slebhin, Abbot
of Iona

Teofil

Mar 2, 2008, 7:26:18 AM3/2/08
IC | XC
---+---
NI | KA

http://www.calendar-ortodox.ro/luna/martie/martie02.htm
Sfantul Teodot, episcop de Cirene in Cipru
Sfantul Nicolae Planas (Grecia)

Teofil

Mar 2, 2008, 7:28:48 AM3/2/08

Teofil

Mar 2, 2008, 7:31:20 AM3/2/08

Teofil

Mar 2, 2008, 7:40:08 AM3/2/08
IC | XC
---+---
NI | KA

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Sunday_of_the_Last_Judgment

The Sunday of the Last Judgment or Meatfare Sunday is the third Sunday
using the Lenten Triodion, the liturgical book used in the services of
Great Lent. It is the Sunday after the Sunday of the Prodigal Son and
Sunday before Forgiveness Sunday. This is the third week of the pre-
Lenten start of the Easter cycle of worship in the Orthodox Church.

This Sunday is called Meatfare Sunday since it is traditionally the
last day before Easter for eating meat. Orthodox Christians observe a
fast from meat all week, but still eat dairy products and eggs till
the start of Great Lent.

The Gospel reading this Sunday remembers Christ's parable of the Last
Judgment (Matthew 25:31-46). This adds to the previous pre-Lent
Sundays and teaches that it is not enough to see Jesus, to see
ourselves as we are, and to come home to God as his prodigal sons. The
Church teaches that, in addition, one must also be God's sons by
following Christ, his only-begotten divine Son, and by seeing Christ
in everyone and by serving Christ through them.

Salvation and final judgment will depend upon deeds, not merely on
intentions or even on the mercies of God apart from personal
cooperation and obedience. All piety and prayer is ultimately directed
towards the goal of serving Christ through his people.

From the reading, the faithful hear:

... for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you
gave me drink, I was a stranger and you took me in, I was naked and
you clothed me, I was sick and in prison and you visited me. .... For
truly I say to you, if you did it to one of the least of these my
brothers, you did it to me (Matthew 25 ).

Hymn

Troparion (Tone 1)

When You, O God, shall come to earth with glory,
All things shall tremble
And the river of fire shall flow before Your judgment seat;
The books shall be opened and the hidden things disclosed!
Then deliver me from the unquenchable fire,
And make me worthy to stand at Your right hand, righteous Judge!

+

Sunday of Meatfare of the Last Judgment (from OCA web site)
http://ocafs.oca.org/FeastSaintsViewer.asp?SID=4&ID=1&FSID=5

Teofil

Mar 3, 2008, 6:24:41 AM3/3/08
IC | XC
---+---
NI | KA

March 3 Feasts
OrthodoxWiki

http://orthodoxwiki.org/March_3

Martyrs Eutropius, Cleonicus, and Basiliscus of Amasea; Virgin-martyr
Piama of Egypt; Saint Alexandra of Alexandria; Saint Caluppan of
Auvergne; Hieromartyr Theodoretus of Antioch; Saint Zeno; Saint
Zoilus; Saint John the Catholicos of Georgia; celebration of the Icon
of the Theotokos of Volokolamsk; Non, Mother of Saint Dewi;
Christicola, Bishop of Leinster; Foila, virgin of Galway; Lamalisse,
hermit of Lamlash; Owen, hermit of Lichfield

Message has been deleted

Teofil

Mar 3, 2008, 6:26:46 AM3/3/08
IC | XC
---+---
NI | KA

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Piama_of_Egypt

The holy and glorious Virgin-martyr Piama of Egypt (also Piamun or
Piamon) lived during the fourth century. Her feast day is celebrated
on March 3.

From the Prologue of Ohrid:

For the sake of Christ she refused to marry, and gave herself to
asceticism in her mother's house. She took only a little food every
other day, and spent her time in prayer and meditation, being gifted
with insight. She departed this life peacefully, commending her soul
to the Lord, in about the year 377.

Teofil

Mar 3, 2008, 6:28:01 AM3/3/08
IC | XC