Lavinia Milosovici

Lucky 7s

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

Does anybody know the address of Lavainia Milosovici or the address of the
Romanian gymnastics team?

If you know, e-mail to Lucky 7...@aol.com

There is a space between Lucky and 7s.

Thanks

Louis B. Wooding

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

In <4tbhj0$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> luc...@aol.com (Lucky 7s)
writes:

You can write to any Romanian gymnasts at:

Romanian Gymnastics Federation
Str.Vasile Conta 16, 70139
Bucharest, Romania

If you are writing to a particular gymnasts, such as Lavinia, put
Attention: Lavinia Milosovici on the bottom of the envelope. The
Federation will forward the letter to her and, if in English,
translations will be made for her. If you request an autograph, you
shall receive, I am certain. Just make sure a sufficient amount of
money is in the envelope to cover return postage, usually in the form
of an international coupon, or the like.

It is good to see post here about Lavinia. If you have not followed
gymnastics prior to this Olympics, you probably know it is said that
Shannon Miller has won more Olympic and World Championship medals than
any other USA gymnasts. Writers are always careful to underscore "than
any other USA gymnasts." Because, during the same time period, Lavinia
has won more medals than Shannon...and more gold also. As a matter of
fact, Lavinia was the last gymnast to score a perfect ten in the
Olympics...one of two in Barcelona, 1992. She also won a bronze in the
All-Around in 92. So, she has been very famous for quite a few years
and has enjoyed the status of the best gymnast in the world. In
Olympic and World competition she has won a gold medal for each of the
four apparatus, but never a gold in the all-around.

I should clarify that she has more Olympic and World Championship
medals than any current active gymnast...she is not the all-time leader
in medal count. Nor is she Romania's all-time leader. I believe that
is Daniela Silivas (88 Olympics).

Louis B. Wooding

73553...@compuserve.com

Aug 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/2/96

Echoing previous comments, I too was utterly enthralled by Lavinia
Milosovici in the Olympics. Her poise, grace, and presence truly set
her apart from the field. And that smile . . . I was entranced. All this
set me to browse back issues of International Gymnast at the library.
I discovered what poster Louis Wooding and others undoubtably know:
Lavinia Milosovici has been a renowned and stalwart performer for
Romania for quite a few years with a very long string of accomplishments.

I have not been a follower of gymnastic competition in the past. I thank
L. Wooding for his comments and historical perspective. I was wondering
if he or anyone else might know where to find more complete biographical
information on Lavinia.

P. Eichel

BANE1996

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

I do but It has been asked off me not to share it.