What does this mean?

TDNY

Apr 22, 2009, 3:30:07 PM4/22/09
https://www.23andme.com/you/ancestry/paint/

74% European
14% African
06% Asian

The part of the world that lights up is Southern European.
The part of Africa that lights up is Yorube

Other than telling me, that the European part comes from Southern Europe,
on the Global Similarity, that is what lights up, it doesn't give me a
Haplogroup.
Haplogroup: D, a subgroup of M

Age: 45,000 years

Region: Americas, Asia

Populations: Native Americans, Yupik, Chukchi

Highlight: People carrying mitochondrial DNA from haplogroup D may have been
among the first to reach

Haplogroup: L3f, a subgroup of L3

Age: less than 50,000 years

Region: Northern, Eastern, Coastal Western Africa

Populations: Yoruba, Fulbe, African Americans

Highlight: Haplogroup L3f is widely distributed across the Sahel belt of
Africa.

Inabón Yunes

Apr 24, 2009, 9:30:32 PM4/24/09
And the point is?
iy

Truth Inator

Apr 25, 2009, 1:07:30 PM4/25/09
I can tell you your ancestry for free better. If you are of Rican
ancestry, you will most likely have a mix of genes of some of these
groups of countries and cultures based on historical facts and these
are just a few:

African
Arab
Jews
Mongols
Persians
Greeks
Romans
Visigoth's
Gaul's
Celtics
Celtiberians
Iberians
Muslims
Christians
Tainos
Caribes
Spaniards
Basques
Carthaginians
Phoenicians
Moors
Monotheists
Polytheists
Aramaic

And these are just a few. Some of these groups are of the same
genetic group/subgroup and some are of the same cultural background
and some of them are both.

Even when some of us (Ricans) want to be the whitest most northern
Europeans and/or Spaniards and/or Americans ever (see observador)) and
others want to be the most blackest African Americans ever (haven't
seen one in this NG). No Rican is. No Spaniard is. No European is.
No African is. No one in the world is. Most people just don't know
world history. Heck! They don't even know their basic geography.

I am curious, about when you think of your ancestry, what do you give
more weight to? Culture or gene group? As stated above, you can be
of a different culture within another geographical culture and of a
different gene group within the another geographical gene group (or
subgroup) or the other way around?

I personally value cultural ancestry more in the sense that it seems
more interesting and/or more exciting to me. The religions,
languages, music's, etc. my ancestry practiced. And the group above
cover all of them and probably cover yours too if you are of Rican
ancestry. But anyway, what do you value more? What do you really
want to know?

If you are looking for the origin of your ancestry, and you believe
the theory that people originated in Africa and then moved up to the
rest of the world, the most common accepted theory (which I don't
necessarily agree with), then your ancestry originated in Africa and
most likely went through the groups listed above.

As some people say: "Y tu abuela donde esta?", others say: "Be careful
what you ask for 'cause you may get it", even others say: "Be careful
what you ask for 'cause you may not like what you get," and to lighten
up, others say: "Que que!", "Suena!", "Equa hey!", "Pa'lante y
pa'lanet como el elefante!", (cultural ancestry). Palabras con luz del
que en paz descanze y nunca morira, maestro de maestro, sonero de
soneros, Ismael Rivera.

Humanity has gone through some ugly phases in history. If you are not
prepared to learned them, it can shock you. If you are prepared, good
luck in your adventure and best wishes.

Unknown

Apr 25, 2009, 9:47:24 PM4/25/09

hey truth, I light a candle, for not coming from a pure polluted
european ancestry. friend, read you history and you will read about
the most humiliating conditions norther Europeans lived untill
actually, the begining of the 20th centruy.
The population of Southern European countries like Spain, Portugal,
the Italian republics and duchys, NEVER had to bear the INDIGNITIES of
SERFISM.
Our ancestors NEVER allowed themselves to be the CHATTLE of a "lord of
the land". Our ancestors NEVER, voluntarily, agreed to the indignity
of becoming the property of anyone else, like Im sure your northern
Europen Ancestors submitted themselves to. And, to to make the case of
the these northern european trash even worse, They voluntrily
submitted their, so called wives, sisters, mothers, daughers, which
should really be called "She bitches", the the lord of the land, and
his friends, on her wedding night, so that the lord of the land and
his friends might enjoy the she-bitch, before retruning her to the so
called husband.....I would NEVER, say that I am from northern europe:

Droit de seigneur (pronounced [d?wa d(?) s??œ?]), French for the
lord's right, is a term now popularly used to describe a legal right
allowing the lord of an estate to take the virginity of the estate's
virgins. It is also spelled droit du seigneur ([d?wa dy s??œ?]), but
native French prefer the term droit de cuissage or droit de jambage. A
related term is ius primæ noctis (also jus primae noctis) (IPA: /ju?s
'pri?ma? 'n?kt?s/), Latin for law (or right) of the first night.

Have a nice day.

Unknown

Apr 25, 2009, 9:55:28 PM4/25/09

anda pal-cara, con esa mescla, cabemos en la sociedad estadounidense
como guante en mano, we fit right into United States society,
beatuifully, which is indeed a mixture of cultures and people from all
around the world.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:07:30 -0400, Truth Inator

Truth Inator

Apr 25, 2009, 10:20:04 PM4/25/09
If I understood what you wrote, you claim I have northern European
ancestry. If so, I have no idea where you got that from. Did you
really read what I wrote. My ancestry comes from the group I listed.
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:47:24 GMT, "porto...@prtoropuro.net"
<Portoropuro> wrote:

>hey truth, I light a candle, for not coming from a pure polluted
>european ancestry. friend, read you history and you will read about
>the most humiliating conditions norther Europeans lived untill
>actually, the begining of the 20th centruy.
>The population of Southern European countries like Spain, Portugal,
>the Italian republics and duchys, NEVER had to bear the INDIGNITIES of
>SERFISM.
>Our ancestors NEVER allowed themselves to be the CHATTLE of a "lord of
>the land". Our ancestors NEVER, voluntarily, agreed to the indignity
>of becoming the property of anyone else, like Im sure your northern
>Europen Ancestors submitted themselves to. And, to to make the case of
>the these northern european trash even worse, They voluntrily
>submitted their, so called wives, sisters, mothers, daughers, which
>should really be called "She bitches", the the lord of the land, and
>his friends, on her wedding night, so that the lord of the land and
>his friends might enjoy the she-bitch, before retruning her to the so
>called husband.....I would NEVER, say that I am from northern europe:
>

>Droit de seigneur (pronounced [d?wa d(?) s??ś?]), French for the

>lord's right, is a term now popularly used to describe a legal right
>allowing the lord of an estate to take the virginity of the estate's

>virgins. It is also spelled droit du seigneur ([d?wa dy s??ś?]), but

>native French prefer the term droit de cuissage or droit de jambage. A

>related term is ius primć noctis (also jus primae noctis) (IPA: /ju?s

Truth Inator

Apr 25, 2009, 10:24:24 PM4/25/09
Beautiful mix indeed!! We have the oldest cities and culture in the
American society/culture not including the "Natives" since they
supposedly are sovereign nations. When I say American, I mean US
society. Since using the word appropriately, as you know, American is
everyone who lives in either of the American continents.

Truth Inator

Apr 25, 2009, 10:27:53 PM4/25/09
I have to correct myself. Yes, there are some northern Europeans
cultures in the list, but also southern Europeans, middle
easterners's, Africans, Caribbean, south Americans, Semitics, etc. And
yes, I am a mix of most of those.

<Portoropuro> wrote:

>hey truth, I light a candle, for not coming from a pure polluted
>european ancestry. friend, read you history and you will read about
>the most humiliating conditions norther Europeans lived untill
>actually, the begining of the 20th centruy.
>The population of Southern European countries like Spain, Portugal,
>the Italian republics and duchys, NEVER had to bear the INDIGNITIES of
>SERFISM.
>Our ancestors NEVER allowed themselves to be the CHATTLE of a "lord of
>the land". Our ancestors NEVER, voluntarily, agreed to the indignity
>of becoming the property of anyone else, like Im sure your northern
>Europen Ancestors submitted themselves to. And, to to make the case of
>the these northern european trash even worse, They voluntrily
>submitted their, so called wives, sisters, mothers, daughers, which
>should really be called "She bitches", the the lord of the land, and
>his friends, on her wedding night, so that the lord of the land and
>his friends might enjoy the she-bitch, before retruning her to the so
>called husband.....I would NEVER, say that I am from northern europe:
>

>Droit de seigneur (pronounced [d?wa d(?) s??ś?]), French for the

>lord's right, is a term now popularly used to describe a legal right
>allowing the lord of an estate to take the virginity of the estate's

>virgins. It is also spelled droit du seigneur ([d?wa dy s??ś?]), but

>native French prefer the term droit de cuissage or droit de jambage. A

>related term is ius primć noctis (also jus primae noctis) (IPA: /ju?s

Truth Inator

Apr 25, 2009, 11:56:43 PM4/25/09
And Yes, I agree we fit properly in that society, but you have to
admit that not all accept us joining that society. Many of them
consider us inferior based on ignorance of course. Those ignorant,
backwards, hillbillies that don't even know where their state is in a
map. But I also admit that there are righteous US citizens that
really want to make this world a better place and accept us equally. I
guess that is the case in every country. Just the ratios of righteous
versus not-righteous people differs.

Roberto

Apr 26, 2009, 3:03:35 PM4/26/09

"Truth Inator" <truth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> And Yes, I agree we fit properly in that society, but you have to
> admit that not all accept us joining that society. Many of them
> consider us inferior based on ignorance of course. Those ignorant,
> backwards, hillbillies that don't even know where their state is in a
> map. But I also admit that there are righteous US citizens that
> really want to make this world a better place and accept us equally. I
> guess that is the case in every country. Just the ratios of righteous
> versus not-righteous people differs.
>
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:55:28 GMT, "O...@obi.net" <Observador> wrote:

You have a good point in your statement judging the concern of the USA
people in relation to the acceptance of Puerto Rico as a member of their
Union, but you have not taken into consideration, if we the people of Puerto
Rico want to join them.

Ahora en español que es mi idioma y en cual me siento mas cómodo.

Tienes un buen punto en tu mensaje sobre la opinión del pueblo de EUA en
cuanto a si Puerto Rico debe unirse a su Unión. pero no has tomado en
consideración, si nosotros, el pueblo de Puerto Rico queremos unirnos a
ellos.

Truth Inator

Apr 26, 2009, 3:40:40 PM4/26/09
Hola Roberto,

Gracias por tu respuesta. Si yo e tomado eso en consideracion y en mi
opinion, solo mi opinion, la mayoria del pueblo puertorriquen~o quiere
mantaner cierta clase de relacion con la nacion estadounidense, via
por medio de las estadidad or lo que considero un sistema
segregacionista, el ELA.

Como e espresado en muchas ocasiones, yo apoyo la estadida por que
eliminaria este systema politico que considero nos mantiene a un nivel
inferior al resto de la union y nos segrega del systema politico
estodounidense. Solamente por que lo considero en estos momentos un
sistema mas practico que el ELA or la independencia.

Tambien e dicho que apoyaria una indepencia para la isla si estuviara
seguro que la mayoria no estaria escapandose para los estados para
sobrevivir. Y tambien que creo que la corrupcion y la criminalidad
aumentaria exponencialmente. Tambien que creo que estrariamos en una
inestabilidad que pudiera crear facilmente una guerra civil.

Una cosa que yo he expresado tambien es que en la isla todavia no ha
salido o nacido un lider que se gane la confianza y respeto del pueblo
para llevarlo a una independencia real. No una como otros paises que
se llaman independientes pero estan attachados a los estados, los
rusos, o los chinos. Cuando uno salga o naciera yo podria
reconsiderar mi opinion. Por el momento prefiero ser practico y me
voy con lo que en realildad creo ayudaria mas al pueblo de la isla.

Solo mi opinion personal.

Saludos!

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:03:35 -0500, "Roberto" <robe...@prtc.net>

Roberto

Apr 26, 2009, 10:34:23 PM4/26/09

"Truth Inator" <truth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Se respeta tu opinión, pero creo que tu sabes que en las tres consultas
sobre status que se han llevado a cabo la anexión ha resultado derrotada.
Esa es la realidad hasta el presente.

Truth Inator

Apr 26, 2009, 10:59:48 PM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:34:23 -0500, "Roberto" <robe...@prtc.net>
wrote:

>"Truth Inator" <truth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>Se respeta tu opini�n, pero creo que tu sabes que en las tres consultas
>sobre status que se han llevado a cabo la anexi�n ha resultado derrotada.

>Esa es la realidad hasta el presente.

Hola,

Si tienes razon, pero yo creo que es porque sigen metiendo la
porqueria esa del ELA en las papeletas. Un systema que como ya he
dicho considero un systema segregacionista como un tipo de Jim Crow en
el sur.

Mi opinion es que en estos momentos, y solo en estos momentos, si se
pone al pueblo a escoger enter la estadidad y la independencia, la
mayoria de los Boricuas escogeria, por razones practicas, la
estadidad.

Ahora, siempre tengo que aclarar para evitar que piensen que soy un
fanatico de la estadidad o de los del PNP porque no soy ninguno de los
dos. Soy un pensador y votante independiente, objetivo, y con la
mente siempre abierta (open minded) y dispuesto a escuchar nuevas
ideas. No elimino la oportunidad de votar por la independencia si
consideraria que le favoreciera a la isla.

Permiteme decir algo mas que creo que es donde los lideres
independentistas estan errando. Yo opino que los lideres
independentistas deben de dejar de criticar tanto a los estados. Creo
que deben cambiar como corren la politica y crear un ambiente mas
positivo hacia la independencia. Opino que los independentistas ya
han sido pintado por la mayoria de los puertorriquen~os como
comunistas posiblemente erroneamente aun cuando US son un pais
supuestamente independiente (aunque eso ahora esta en duda con todo
ese dinero que le deben a China). Creo que si los independentistas
cambiaran su estilo politico de crear enemistad con los estadistas
llegarian mas lejos. Y crearian un ambiente mas positivo y
aumentarian la antidad de votos que reciben. Si trataran de educar en
mejor forma sobre cual el las meta a alcanzar y una vez ahy como
procederian a hacerle la vida mejor al pueblo llegarian mas lejos. No
creo que simplemente decir "seamos independientes" llege a ningun lado
si no se sabe que pasara despues de eso.

Tu eres una persona intelligente y sabes que el ser humano (o la
mayoria) le teme a lo desconocido. Creo que los independentistas
deben crear una vision del Puerto Rico que ellos quieren ver bajo la
indepencia. Y esa vision tratar de vendersela al pueblo via
educacion. Criticando y quejandos de los estados no creo que le gane
muchos votos. Eso llega a un punto en que aburre. Otra vez mi
humilde opinion. Saludos cordiales Roberto.

>> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:03:35 -0500, "Roberto" <robe...@prtc.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Truth Inator" <truth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>You have a good point in your statement judging the concern of the USA
>>>people in relation to the acceptance of Puerto Rico as a member of their
>>>Union, but you have not taken into consideration, if we the people of
>>>Puerto
>>>Rico want to join them.
>>>

>>>Ahora en espa�ol que es mi idioma y en cual me siento mas c�modo.
>>>
>>>Tienes un buen punto en tu mensaje sobre la opini�n del pueblo de EUA en
>>>cuanto a si Puerto Rico debe unirse a su Uni�n. pero no has tomado en
>>>consideraci�n, si nosotros, el pueblo de Puerto Rico queremos unirnos a
>>>ellos.

Roberto

Apr 27, 2009, 4:04:31 PM4/27/09

Lo que pasa es que tu te vas a los extremos: Integraci�n o separaci�n
total. Las cosas no son negras o blancas En el medio hay grises. En el
derecho internacional hay situaciones intermedias aceptadas por el
conglomerado de naciones como formas de descolonizaci�n
L�ete sobre el pacto de las Islas Marianas o de Escocia o de la autonom�a
Vasca. Es m�s l�ete sobre la autonom�a que Espa�a le otorg� a Puerto Rico
poco antes que lo norteamericanos nos invadieran.

Truth Inator

Apr 27, 2009, 7:05:14 PM4/27/09
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:04:31 -0500, "Roberto" <robe...@prtc.net>
wrote:

Tienes razon, Roberto, yo escogo independencia or estadidad. Otra
cosa seria lo mismo que el ELA o parecido. Tu quieres seguir viviendo
en un systema colonialista? Autonomia no es lo mismo que
independencia. En un systema autonomo, hay ciertas derechos y
funciones que son mantenidos por el que otorga la autonomia.

Por ejemplo, los vascos. No se pasan ellos poniendo bombas en Espana?
Por que? Por que quieren la indepencia. Eso elimina al pais vasco de
tu lista de ejemplos.

TDNY

May 9, 2009, 4:03:52 PM5/9/09
You cannot tell me my ancestry for free, because you don't have my actual
DNA.
I sent the sample of my DNA and my father's DNA to 23 and me.
And they analyzed that, you cannot analyze what you don't have.

https://www.23andme.com/

This is how it was done.
First I did mine, but because I am female,
it could not give trace my complete lineage.

So, they informed me, that I needed a male, blood relative,
to complete the task.
Luckily, my father is still alive, having been born in 1923.
And I was able to go there and personally get his DNA.

Men inherit both their father and mother's DNA.
Females only inherit their mother's female DNA.
Always test the eldest family member when possible.

That is why I had my father's DNA analyzed.

My father's DNA from 23 and me came back as follows.

80% European
13% African
07% Asian

The area that lights up is Southern Europe, Japan, Yorube Africa.

https://www.23andme.com/howitworks/

23 and me and also gives you your entire health history.

23 and me said that my DNA showed that I had a higher than average
likelyhood
of Glaucoma.

So I took their findings to my medical doctor and indeed I have early
Glaucoma.

I never had any symptons and I can see just fine.

They gave me drops to use everyday.

Also that I am prone to Celiac disease,
something that was also confirmed by my doctor,
after testing me for it.

They keep adding information to your profile, so there is always something
new.

They can and do trace your lineage and tell you what group you belong in.

All this is done with just a DNA test.

For $400.00 bucks, I don't think you can beat it.

TDNY

May 9, 2009, 4:12:01 PM5/9/09

> If I understood what you wrote, you claim I have northern European
> ancestry. If so, I have no idea where you got that from. Did you
> really read what I wrote. My ancestry comes from the group I listed.
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:47:24 GMT, "porto...@prtoropuro.net"
> <Portoropuro> wrote:

Isn't that curious.

According to 23 and Me, the part of the world,
that lights up the most, on their global map,
is Italy, for my father and I.

He was born in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, in 1923.

I don't know where the Japanese comes in,
but it's there.

Yorube Africa, is where the majority of the people that belong to

23 and me have, what they call Ancestry Painting,
which shows you where the people that match your DNA,
are in.

For my father and me, Italy really lights up,
there are a lot of clusters there.

There is l cluster in Japan and l in Africa.

It's interesting, for $400.00 bucks I think it gives you a lot of
information.
https://www.23andme.com/ancestry/

TDNY

May 9, 2009, 4:23:18 PM5/9/09

>I have to correct myself. Yes, there are some northern Europeans
> cultures in the list, but also southern Europeans, middle
> easterners's, Africans, Caribbean, south Americans, Semitics, etc. And
> yes, I am a mix of most of those.

You will know exactly whether you come from Northern European or Southern
European,
and precisely where your cluster is located, just by doing a DNA test.

You don't have to guess, you can know.

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:47:24 GMT, "porto...@prtoropuro.net"
> <Portoropuro> wrote:
>

>>hey truth, I light a candle, for not coming from a pure polluted
>>european ancestry. friend, read you history and you will read about
>>the most humiliating conditions norther Europeans lived untill
>>actually, the begining of the 20th centruy.
>>The population of Southern European countries like Spain, Portugal,
>>the Italian republics and duchys, NEVER had to bear the INDIGNITIES of
>>SERFISM.
>>Our ancestors NEVER allowed themselves to be the CHATTLE of a "lord of
>>the land". Our ancestors NEVER, voluntarily, agreed to the indignity
>>of becoming the property of anyone else, like Im sure your northern
>>Europen Ancestors submitted themselves to. And, to to make the case of
>>the these northern european trash even worse, They voluntrily
>>submitted their, so called wives, sisters, mothers, daughers, which
>>should really be called "She bitches", the the lord of the land, and
>>his friends, on her wedding night, so that the lord of the land and
>>his friends might enjoy the she-bitch, before retruning her to the so
>>called husband.....I would NEVER, say that I am from northern europe:
>>

>>Droit de seigneur (pronounced [d?wa d(?) s??o?]), French for the

>>lord's right, is a term now popularly used to describe a legal right
>>allowing the lord of an estate to take the virginity of the estate's

>>virgins. It is also spelled droit du seigneur ([d?wa dy s??o?]), but

>>native French prefer the term droit de cuissage or droit de jambage. A

>>related term is ius prim� noctis (also jus primae noctis) (IPA: /ju?s

TDNY

May 9, 2009, 4:38:45 PM5/9/09

"O...@obi.net" <Observador> wrote in message

> anda pal-cara, con esa mescla, cabemos en la sociedad estadounidense
> como guante en mano, we fit right into United States society,
> beatuifully, which is indeed a mixture of cultures and people from all
> around the world.

Here is Rosie Perez, the Puerto Rican actress, saying how in her
neighborhood,
where she has lived most of her life, she is having problems because of
her skin color.

"When I say hi, people walk hurriedly past me, because they see my color
first,"
Rosie Perez.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2009/05/04/segments/130742#comments

I have a black grandson,
and live in a building, where the residents are
white, asian, but no blacks.

Everytime, he comes to visit me, they let him wait at the door and won't
buzz him in.
I had to give me a key.

I go shopping at Whole Foods on Union Square and the yellow cabs, won't
stop for him.

I have to call him back and have him wait with the groceries, while I go
and get the cab.

Shopping clothes for him,
I have to keep a running banter,
otherwise, the security will think,
he's alone and hassle him.

I have 3 other grandchildren and they have never had this problem.

2 are half Asian, half Puerto Rican, because their mom was born in Vietnam.

The other is half Irish, half Puerto Rican.

Cabs follow them around, even when they don't hail them.

My black grandson, moved in with me, because of problems with his mom.

His father, my son, lives in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, which is a mostly
all white town.

He was uncomfortable there,especially in the school.

He's going to Washington Irving High School and he is doing well there.

So I took him.

He is 17, over 6 feet, wears a size 11 sneaker and he is black.

He has grown bitter, and feels that white people are not good people.
He feels that they judge him without knowing him.

His friends are black and that is causing a problem for me with my
neighbors.
They don't want his friends around.
I don't know what to do.

When he is 18 he will go on his own.

He says, he will join the Army and has talked to an Army recruiter.

When he found out I voted for McCain instead of Obama, he wouldn't talk to
me, for a while.

But aside from that, he and I get along well.

He keeps his music in his IPOD, so nobody ever has to hear that rap
music but him.