Indian Agency RAW destroying Bangladesh–

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

Mar 28, 2010, 4:16:25 AM3/28/10

By Mohammad Zainal Abedin

http://rupeenews. com/2008/ 08/05/raw- and-bangladesh- by-mohammad-
zainal-abedin/

“RAW and Bangladesh” by Mohammad Zainal Abedin

Most of the members of the forums know that RAW’s nefarious activities
in subcontinent in general and in Bangladesh in particular has become
menacing.Many of You might be knowing that journalist and researcher
Mohammad Zainal Abedin has written a revealing book:”RAW and
Bangladesh”. Two Pakistani writers have highly spoke of this book:
1. http://www.bdsdf. com/index. php?showtopic= 3417&st=30
2. http://www.bdsdf. com/index. php?showtopic= 3417&st=45
About the author: Mohammad Zainal Abedin did masters from Dhaka
University.As a student leader he was detained many times in pre-
Liberation days under Defence of Pakistan Rule and Martial Law.He took
part in the Liberation War and was trained at Haflong in Assam as a
member of BLF popularly known as Mujib Bahini.He worked in Weekly
Ittehad and daily Ganokantho.
Zainal Abedin is a prolific writer and regularly contributes to the
daily New Nation, Inqilab, Ejkaler Khabar and websites: NFB and Global
Politician. He has authored many books and monographs. Some of the
titles are: Class Crisis in Politics,Secrets Behind the Killing of
Zia, Ek Nadi Rakto(dramatised in the training camp of Haflong in Assam
during the Liberation War), Parbattya Chattagram-Swarup Shandhan, Why
India Needs Veto Power?, Chittagong Hill Tracts-A Victim of Indian
Intervention etc.
“RAW and Bangladesh” was published in 1995 and as such many
information may seem redundant and obsolete.But the basic premise is
still relevant, RAW’s area of operation and modus operandi in today’s
Bangladesh appear to be same.

For today, the the first few pages:
“RAW AND BANGLADESH” By Zainal Abedin Published by :Fatema shahab
7. Fakirapool,Inner Circular Road Motijheel, Dhaka, Bangladesh, First
Edition: November, 1995
Cover Design : Zobayer Alam
Dedicated To Those Fighters Who Shall Protect Our Independence,
Sovereignty And
Religious Identity From Generation To Generation. Printing:Madina
Printers.
38/2. Banglabazar Dhaka-llOO. Bangladesh. Distributor: Madina
Publications 38/2, Banglabazar Dhaka-I 100. Bangladesh All Rights
Reserved by the Author Price: Taka-125 US $ -5

PREFACE
The eventful days of 1971 remain ever fresh in my memory despite the
passage of long 25 years. As I ponder over the events, one particular
incident chastises me the most. It happened during April 1971.
Although the operation of Pakistan Army had started in Dhaka on the
night of 25 March but my home district Noakhali was still out of its
purview. I, along with some other leaders was busy in organising
resistance forces in our area. Volunteers from far off villages and
shoals had assembled in large numbers in the district headquarters.
They carried assortment of weapons, some even carried bamboo sticks,
spears, arrows, javelins etc. They were determined to fight for
realization of the just rights of the Bengalis.
I, as a student leader had played significant role in popularising 6-
points in my area. I had many admirers and political supporters. My
most staunch supporter and admirer was a neighbour. He was a middle-
aged, ‘mature and sober person. He had stood by m)’! during difficult
days of Ayub regime. In fact, without his assistance and support, it
would not have been possible for me to become a front rank student
leader.
I had immense respect and regard for him. I was thrilled when I
spotted him in the make shift camp set up for the resistance forces. I
greeted him warmly. But he remained cold and unmoved. His eyes were
dazed and he seemed lost. I thought that he was concerned about
Pakistan Army’s imminent advance to our area and its consequences for
us.He got hold of my hand and took me to a nearby restaurant. As we
sipped tea, he started narrating the history of pre-1947 Bengal. He
mentioned gory details of how the Hindus used to treat the Muslims and
explained the reasons for creation of Pakistan. He said that
struggling for one’s right is different from break up of the country.
He stated that India would first weaken us by breaking our unity and
then exploit us. He added that his life time experiences had told him
that India would never be sincere to Muslims. With tears in his eyes
and hands trembling with emotions he quipped, “Are you again going to
make us the slaves of the Hindus?”.
I must admit that I did not give any serious thought to his urging. I
was too young and emotional. Besides, I was so involved with my cause
that I had little time or scope to think about future. In fact, had I
not known his background, I would have dismissed him as a ‘
collaborator’ .
However, the said question now haunts me often. The realization of
what lay in store for us had started soon after I crossed over to
India where I was assigned to elite Mujib Bahini. The attitude of our
Indian handlers and trainers indicated that they treated us (the
Freedom Fighters) not as friends but as agents. However, the real
Indian face lay bare after the surrender of Pakistani forces, when I
saw the large scale loot and plunder by the Indian Army personnel.
The Indian soldiers appeared to be the modern edition of the Maratha
Cavalry who is notorious in history for plundering Bengal during the
middle age. The Indian soldiers swooped on everything they found and
carried them away to India. Their haste for plunder made our people
believe that they had been waiting for such I an opportunity for
centuries and they were not ready to waste even a single moment when
the cherished opportunity arrived. Indian soldiers imposed curfew on
our towns, industrial bases, ports, cantonments, commercial centres
and even residential areas to make the looting easier. They lifted
every thing from ceiling fan to military equipment, utensils to water
taps. Thousands of Army vehicles were used to carry looted goods to
India.
History has recorded few such cruel and henious plunders. Such a large
scale plunder could not have been possible without connivance of

Satish Kumar

Mar 28, 2010, 4:36:54 AM3/28/10
On Mar 28, 1:16 am, Muhammad Javed Iqbal <kaleemjavediq...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Indian Agency RAW destroying Bangladesh–

Muhammad Javed Ekball should indeed be worried. Even Jamaat-e-Islami
has been corrupted by RAW - see how Jamaati leaders have taken to
praising that Mir Jafar called Bangabandhu:

27-3-2010

Jamaat praises Bangabandhu
Staff Correspondent

Leaders of the Jamaat-e-Islami, which opposed the Liberation War,
yesterday highly praised Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, saying
that the architect of the country's independence had played a great
role in establishing multiparty parliamentary democracy.

The top level leaders, some of them were allegedly involved in war
crimes, however, did not make any clear-cut comments on the
government's move to try war criminals.

At a discussion marking the Independence Day at Al-Falah auditorium,
Joint Secretary General ATM Azharul Islam said the government should
bring back the listed 195 war criminals in the Pakistani army if it
wants to try the war criminals.

Speaking as the chief guest, Jamaat Ameer Matiur Rahman Nizami said
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the architect of independence, had waged
movements in the 1960s. The main focus of his political movement was
multiparty democracy and he became the supreme leader of the country
during his stay in a Pakistani jail. He took some exemplary decisions
after his return to the independent country.

On his return, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman said Bangladesh is
the second largest Muslim country, giving a message to the Muslim
countries that Bangladesh wants to uphold its Muslim identity, Nizami
said.

Despite opposition from India and Russia, he joined the OIC conference
in 1974, Nizami added.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=131813