THE LADY OF BURMA

CASALAO

Jun 17, 2012, 11:25:15 AM6/17/12

KC

Jun 17, 2012, 2:05:51 PM6/17/12

Her Lao

Jun 17, 2012, 6:41:56 PM6/17/12
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:25:15 AM UTC-5, CASALAO wrote:
> http://youtu.be/HUPfkNXpZvQ

One of the great things about this prize is that it is a recognition of humanity... more than the achievement or aspirations of one individual, or many, the prize is to recognize and to acknowledge --- as the introduction by the Norwegian (he's either one of the committee member or perhaps a "royal" member, I don't know people and their mighty titles or stations in life and it is not that important to know such things, EXCEPT for the things they say, do, or stand for)....

As the introducing man said: that there is SOMETHING about humanity that does not stem from jurisprudence, or brute force, or power. And that something that eventually all enlightened humans will recognize --- including the most aweful dictators who think THEIR WAY is the only way to live, to do things --- is a CERTAIN UNIVERSAL YEARNING to be an individual human being with the ABILITY to question things, ideas, and those who INSIST they are the right rulers, the correct leaders, the benevolent ones:

That THAT universal thing all humans need to have --- and DO HAVE, although suppressed in most societies --- is the ability to question oneself, to questions others who aspire to be leaders: WHY THIS WAY AND NOT THAT... and that needs to be acknowledged as a RIGHT, A UNIVERSAL RIGHT, that all humans need to have.

Because when you restrict or MADE IT ILLEGAL for people to question themselves and each other, CRITICAL, why a certain ruling doctrine, a certain law, a certain thinking or ideas are DEEMED unchallengable and all must bow to it... EVEN JUST IN CONCEPT OR THEORY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHALLENGE IT.... then you have taken away that very, very fundamental, universal right of individuals and societies...

People who haven't had time to think THINK that the REASON why Alfred Nobel's prize, THE NOBEL PRIZE, is recognized and coveted above all other prizes --- the Confucius prize, the Mao Prize, the Jesus Prize, the Mohammed Prize, the Lao-Tzu Prize, the George W. Bush Prize, etc. --- is that the Nobel Prize has FOOLED PEOPLE into worshipping it.

No. That is a confusion of juxtaposition of pop culture issues.

Alfred Nobel, the Swedes, and the Norwegians are NOT GREATER than any one, or group of people.

They MERELY STUMBLED ACROSS that "universal" feature of which ALL OF US should recognize as a UNIVERSAL feature of humanity, worthy of our intellect and energy, in striving towards. That's all. They MAY NOT EVEN BE the first to stumbled upon it; but the difference is: they were and are the FIRST to establish a PRIZE, the Nobel Prize --- per some of the dynamite investor few sketchy words and thoughts --- as a recognition of that UNIVERSAL feature in humanity.

Authoritarian societies and people like the Chinese and Saudi Arabian could come up with a prize, or two or three, of their own and endow such prize $5M or $10M, since they have the cash, seemingly.... and there WON'T BE ANY CLAMORING for it by the world's BEST MINDS in the arts and humanities, as well as in the SCIENCES that make society progress....

That's because THAT UNIVERSAL THING is already COVERED IN THE NOBEL PRIZE, and all good, decent people in ALL SOCIETIES --- including those in the most authoritarian --- have already come to accept that FACT that that is the case. So giving out a prize of $5M or $10M a year, say, the Confucius Prize or the Mohammed Prize (by billionaire Saudi Arabians) WON'T ATTRACT the world's best minds.

That's what's so great about the NOBEL PRIZE: it is really, ultimately, NOT about individual achievements or failures of great proportions.

Rather, the NOBEL PRIZE itself is a RECOGNIZTION OF HUMANITY's ability and potential to recognize that WE HAVE SOME UNIVERSAL IDEALS that no power, however mighty or absolute, could or should crush, in whatever name the POWER that be --- or the correct or benevolent leaders, people who DECLARE themselves as such, and worshipped as such --- like to rule in...

txh2maj

Jun 17, 2012, 7:20:32 PM6/17/12
perhaps we need the Borg Assimilation and resistant is futile. no need to be so human.

Sulilec

Jun 21, 2012, 4:42:58 PM6/21/12
Casalao and all,
I might have missing something. Where is her husband?

CASALAO

Jun 21, 2012, 5:05:42 PM6/21/12
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:42:58 PM UTC-7, Sulilec wrote:
> Casalao and all,
> I might have missing something. Where is her husband?

HER BRIT HUBBY PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK MAYBE A DECADE AGO.

cwj...@hotmail.com

Jun 21, 2012, 5:12:36 PM6/21/12
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:42:58 PM UTC-7, Sulilec wrote:
> Casalao and all,
> I might have missing something. Where is her husband?

Her husband who was a British died with a prostate cancer while she was in house arrest. She was unable to attend her husband's funeral. To many Asians, think that she is a Nelson Mandela in Asia who fought the freedom for her own people from the Burma oppressive regime.
Message has been deleted

Sulilec

Jun 21, 2012, 10:59:01 PM6/21/12
Casalao,
She got heavy British accent. I should have known that she got
connection to British people/person.

Sulilec

Jun 21, 2012, 11:23:56 PM6/21/12
CWJ...@Hotmail.com,
Thanks for the information about her husband. I assume Aung San Suu
Kyi's must not have kid with her British husband. She does not
mention anything about her family. How odd for someone to whom
accepting Nobel Peace prize. She must have a very lonely life. And I
also think she is quit skinny. Probably she does not eat that well.
But now that she accepts the nobel prize she can sleep and eat well.
No? Heheheh!!

Sulilec

Jun 21, 2012, 10:57:08 PM6/21/12
CWJ...@hotmail.com,
Thanks. I assume she got no kids with the British husband. She does
not talk about her family at all.
How odd. Lady of Burma sounds like a very lonely person in her
life. And I also think she is too skinny, probably does not eat that
well. But since she now accepted a nobel peace prize she is going to
eat and sleep well at night. I would think so. Heheheh!!

cwj...@hotmail.com

Jun 22, 2012, 1:52:43 AM6/22/12

sao Suli,

She actually has two grown sons that live in England. While she was in house arrest, her sons tried to visit her in Burma a few times, but were denied entry. Finally, in 2011 one of the son, if not all, reunited with their mother in Burma. I think she knows that her sons are in the good places, but her people are suffering politically so much. She dedicates her adult life to help her people where millions of Burmese people who place their hopes on her for change. I hope she can import democracy to Burma very soon. If it happens Shan state (Lao speaking people), Kachin state, and karen state will enjoy peace for the first time in 60+ years with Burmese government. Those three states has been fighting for their independence/autonomy for over 6 decades from the Burma central government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2jQqHpoI8&feature=related

KC

Jun 22, 2012, 2:46:10 AM6/22/12

KC