"King Solomon" was a myth, just like "King Arthur"

Doomsday Cultist

Mar 7, 2008, 7:50:13 AM3/7/08

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon

Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
accounts, is scarce. The period of his rule was a period recognised as
a "Dark Age" - a period in which centralised Empires of the Late
Bronze Age had collapsed, and the new Iron Age monarchies had yet to
grow. Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
Excavations on such sites are ongoing. [4] So far nothing indisputably
of Solomon's reign has yet been found.

Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
of Solomon was little more than a small city state..... Likewise, the
magnitude of Solomon's temple may be considered legendary given the
lack of physical evidence of its existence, despite extensive
archeological work in the area

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/solomon_prog_summary.shtml

King Solomon's Tablet of Stone

The authenticity of many Holy Land artefacts is thrown into doubt.

2001. A clandestine meeting of leading Israeli archaeologists are
shown a remarkable artefact. It's a stone tablet, apparently from
1,000BC. The writing on its face describes repairs to the temple of
King Solomon. It is the first archaeological evidence ever found of
this legendary building.

The relic caused a sensation. But this was only just the start.

For authentification, the tablet was taken to the Geological Survey of
Israel. Here, after a battery of tests, including radiocarbon dating,
scientists officially pronounced the stone to be genuine. The tests
even revealed microscopic particles of gold in the outer layer of
stone. These were apparently the result of the tablet surviving the
fire which, according to the bible, destroyed the temple when the
Babylonians sacked Jerusalem in 586BC.

The stone tablet was offered for sale to the Israel Museum, home to
many of Israel's greatest treasures. Rumours suggested the asking
price was as high as $10million.

Suspicions aroused

But the museum needed to know where the stone had come from. Even its
owner was a mystery. To make matters more complex, the stone itself
had disappeared again. The Israeli Antiquities Authority wanted
answers. A nine month search for the mysterious stranger who had first
appeared with the stone eventually led them to a private detective who
had been hired by a well known antiquities collector, Oded Golan.

Golan insisted he too was just a front man for another collector. But
the authorities were suspicious. He was known to be the owner of the
James Ossuary, another extraordinary artefact which had appeared a
couple of years earlier. This was a burial box with an inscription
linking it to Jesus' brother.

The authorities raided Golan's apartment and recovered both the
ossuary and the elusive stone. It was time to establish once and for
all if both were genuine. So they set up a committee of linguists and
scientists to examine them.

Looking at the stone, several linguists said 'fake'. Some of the
Hebrew, they claimed, was not ancient. Other experts claimed that so
little is known of ancient Hebrew that it's impossible to be sure.

The geological evidence

The committee turned to geology. Dr Yuval Goren, a geo-archaeologist
and head of the Archaeological Institute at Tel-Aviv University, soon
found evidence that a team of sophisticated forgers had led the
earlier experts astray.

* The patina on the stone had in fact been manufactured
artificially
* The charcoal particles which produced the convincing radiocarbon
date had been added by hand
* The gold fragments hinting at an ancient fire were a clever
final addition

The authorities presented their conclusions. They announced that the
stone tablet, and the James Ossuary, were elaborate fakes.

But who was producing these fakes and how? Dr Goren decided to piece
together how the stone tablet had been made. He tracked the origin of
the stone itself - apparently a building block taken from a Crusader
castle. It was even possible to work out how the fake patina had been
manufactured and the ingredients used. What was clear was the team of
forgers included experts in a range of disciplines.

More fakes suspected

When the police took Oded Golan into custody and searched his
apartment they discovered a workshop with a range of tools, materials,
and half finished 'antiquities'. This was evidence for an operation of
a scale far greater than they had suspected.

Investigators have established that collectors around the world have
paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for artefacts that came through
Oded Golan's associates. Dozens of these items have now been examined
by Dr Goren, and all have been revealed to be forgeries. Police now
suspect that artefacts made by the same team of forgers have found
their way into leading museums around the world.

Some archaeologists have now concluded that everything that came to
market in the last 20 years without clear provenance should be
considered a fake. Many of these objects, like the stone tablet which
started the investigation, were cynically playing on the desire of
many of the collectors to see the bible confirmed as history. For
those in search of the temple of Solomon - their goal is as far away
as ever.

Warhol

Mar 7, 2008, 10:08:30 AM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 1:50 pm, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon
>
> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
> accounts, is scarce. The period of his rule was a period recognised as
> a "Dark Age" - a period in which centralised Empires of the Late
> Bronze Age had collapsed, and the new Iron Age monarchies had yet to
> grow. Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
> uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
> based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
> dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
> Excavations on such sites are ongoing. [4] So far nothing indisputably
> of Solomon's reign has yet been found.
>
> Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
> of Solomon was little more than a small city state..... Likewise, the
> magnitude of Solomon's temple may be considered legendary given the
> lack of physical evidence of its existence, despite extensive
> archeological work in the area
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/solomon_prog_summa...

This vermin tried to make from books of faith, historical facts, which
is of course the greatest scam ever told to humanity... King Solomon
is king of the Future, and not a king who already lived his life...
King Solomon is known as the Judge... the Judge of judgment day... who
rules worlds with his magic rings...

jgarbuz

Mar 7, 2008, 1:32:55 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon
>
> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
> accounts, is scarce. The period of his rule was a period recognised as
> a "Dark Age" - a period in which centralised Empires of the Late
> Bronze Age had collapsed, and the new Iron Age monarchies had yet to
> grow. Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
> uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
> based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
> dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
> Excavations on such sites are ongoing. [4] So far nothing indisputably
> of Solomon's reign has yet been found.<

Well, whether or not King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table
actually existed in history doesn't change the important place that
epic has in British national culture. And as a kid I loved reading the
stories of Arthur and his noble knights, and I am no way British. I'm
Yiddish. In some ways, even if David and Solomon turn out to be a
total myths, it in no way diminishes their place in Hebrew national
culture either.

> Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
> of Solomon was little more than a small city state.....<

So? How big was Arthur/s Camelot?

> Likewise, the
> magnitude of Solomon's temple may be considered legendary given the
> lack of physical evidence of its existence, despite extensive
> archeological work in the area<

It certainly was a small temple, only a fraction of the size of
Herod's temple. Not much bigger than a typical upper middle class home
today. But it is impossible to do the kind of archeological work
needed to prove or disprove it's having existed as long as the Muslim
mosques occupy the space right above, and the Muslim keepers of the
Waqf do not permit such work to go on on the pretext that the Jews
want to topple them. . You should ask the ARabs why they put their
mosques on Hebrew sacred soil.
Clearly it was to bury the Jewish nation. That is why they are angry,
because we managed to survive and get back to a degree.

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/solomon_prog_summa...

tur...@shaw.ca

Mar 7, 2008, 2:59:37 PM3/7/08
On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:32:55 -0800 (PST), jgarbuz <jga...@netzero.com>
wrote:

>You should ask the ARabs why they put their
>mosques on Hebrew sacred soil.

to start with, first the arabs let the jews back into the holy city,
after that arabs cleaned up the giant garbage heap that occupying
x-tians desacrated the temple mount with, much can be blamed on arabs
but arabs are not at fault in this case, they didn't destroy the
temple, rather they did away with the schweinerei, they gave the
property back to G-d

due to their disorganization the jews were not in position to build
that time and the original site plan was not available anyway, so
that's how the arabs used their own design and built a building which
actually turned out pretty good since it's one of the oldest buildings
in existence today while used daily

further, you shouldn't be so ethnocentric, most classique synagogues
also used arabic influenced designs by choice

there are no mortal or even seminal differences between judaism and
islam, so nothing prevents the jews and arabs from praying together,
such would not be the first time in history, the problem is, that you
both are much pig headed

hille...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2008, 3:03:54 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
> accounts, is scarce.

Dig in the Temple Mount and you will find them.
That's why the Arabs are so busy destroying what they
can under the ground.

> Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
> uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
> based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
> dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.

Yadin found similar walls/structures in both kingdoms.
His explanation is that the same "architect" designed both.

> Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
> of Solomon was little more than a small city state.....

Something does not fit.
Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
where it got the financial resources to build them? From Assyrian
accounts it is pretty clear that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachish
had impressive fortifications and that the Assyrian army failed
to take Jerusalem. Those two facts are agreed upon in the
Bible and Assyrian sources.

Come on, explain why Assyria could take Egypt but Jerusalem
was such a hard nut to crack. (My explanation is that King
Solomon left to the next generations impressive fortifications.
After Jerusalem had been destroyed by Babylon, it was not
that hard to take till Herod built better defenses and Second
Temple, release two. See the account in Ezra 3, 12
"But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads,
who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw
the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others
shouted for joy." It shows that Second Temple, release 1
was much smaller than First Temple.

hille...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2008, 3:11:03 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 11:59 am, tur...@shaw.ca wrote:
> much can be blamed on arabs
> but arabs are not at fault in this case,

Bullshit.
The Arabs/Muslims have always liked to build
their Holy sites on top of previous religions Holy
sites. E.g. the Black Stone in Mecca had been
Holy long before Islam and the Muslim Holy
sites on top of Hindus old temples.

> due to their disorganization the jews were not in position to build
> that time and the original site plan was not available anyway, so
> that's how the arabs used their own design and built a building which
> actually turned out pretty good since it's one of the oldest buildings
> in existence today while used daily

Yes, the Arabs used Byzantine technology pretty well.
But the Western wall, and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_David
are about 1,000 years older than that.

B.H. Cramer

Mar 7, 2008, 4:47:32 PM3/7/08

<hille...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
>> accounts, is scarce.
>
> Dig in the Temple Mount and you will find them.
> That's why the Arabs are so busy destroying what they
> can under the ground.

Jayzus H Christ on a stick, you can lie, Ikey.

It's the stinky yids who are excavating and "exploring" below the mosque.

>> Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
>> uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
>> based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
>> dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
>
> Yadin found similar walls/structures in both kingdoms.
> His explanation is that the same "architect" designed both.
>
>> Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
>> of Solomon was little more than a small city state.....
>
> Something does not fit.
> Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
> where it got the financial resources to build them?

Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
acres.

Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.

alittlesanity

Mar 7, 2008, 4:50:18 PM3/7/08
In article <Y5SdneiI2LmdJUza...@giganews.com>,
B.H. Cramer <benj...@home.now> wrote:

[...]

Are you a drug addict?

"my younger Brother got me absolutely stoned on magic mushrooms.
I spent three days sitting in the corner of the tent waiting to come
down." -- Posted by "Ben Cramer", Message-ID
<1125123267.5e5d281ad88798917af26011bcb01dc0@teranews>

hille...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2008, 5:06:03 PM3/7/08

On Mar 7, 1:47 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
> Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
> acres.

> Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.

Sennacherib gave a slightly different report in his Prism.
See www.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html
" As for Hezekiah the Judahite, who did not submit to my yoke: forty-
six of his strong, walled cities, as well as the small towns in their
area, which were without number, by levelling with battering-rams and
by bringing up seige-engines, and by attacking and storming on foot,
by mines, tunnels, and breeches, I besieged and took them. 200,150
people, great and small, male and female, horses, mules, asses,
camels, cattle and sheep without number, I brought away from them and
counted as spoil. (Hezekiah) himself, like a caged bird I shut up in
Jerusalem, his royal city. I threw up earthworks against him-- the one
coming out of the city-gate, I turned back to his misery."

It is pretty clear that Sennacherib, heading the main army of
the strongest Middle East empire, with the best siege weapons
anywhere in the world of that time, could not take Jerusalem.
It is also clear that that "little kingdom" had plenty of loot.

So dear idiot, it is time for you and Mirelle to sing in duet
that Sennacherib's Hexagonal Prism is a fake.

Mirelle

Mar 7, 2008, 5:38:59 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 2:06 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> www.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html

Taylor Prism Purchased by the Oriental Institute

In 1919 J. H. Breasted purchased the Taylor Prism for the Oriental
Institute in Chicago from a Baghdad antiquities dealer

Current Location: Oriental Institute Chicago, Illinois

Spin.
Fake.

Mirelle

hille...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2008, 5:59:34 PM3/7/08

On Mar 7, 2:38 pm, Mirelle <freedomfightermire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Taylor Prism Purchased by the Oriental Institute

> In 1919 J. H. Breasted purchased the Taylor Prism for the Oriental
> Institute in Chicago from a Baghdad antiquities dealer
> Current Location: Oriental Institute Chicago, Illinois
> Spin.
> Fake.

So Mirelle, the greatest Assyria researcher, managed to
discover, without even seeing the artifact, that it is a fake.
Too bad the that the experts of Oriental Institute in
Chicago are not as smart as you.

BTW a nice slide show of the outstanding Assyrian
representation in a series of reliefs which decorated
Sennacherib's palace at Nineveh about the siege of
Lachish can be seen in
www.odysseyadventures.ca/articles/lachish_slides/lachish_text.htm
It seem like Sennacherib had a better understanding
than Mirelle how hard the siege was.

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:49:25 PM3/7/08

"jgarbuz" <jga...@netzero.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon
>>
>> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
>> accounts, is scarce. The period of his rule was a period recognised as
>> a "Dark Age" - a period in which centralised Empires of the Late
>> Bronze Age had collapsed, and the new Iron Age monarchies had yet to
>> grow. Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
>> uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
>> based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
>> dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
>> Excavations on such sites are ongoing. [4] So far nothing indisputably
>> of Solomon's reign has yet been found.<
>
> Well, whether or not King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table
> actually existed in history doesn't change the important place that
> epic has in British national culture. And as a kid I loved reading the
> stories of Arthur and his noble knights, and I am no way British. I'm
> Yiddish.

Yiddish is not a nationality it is a language, a derivative of German!

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:51:00 PM3/7/08

<hille...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Crap! Abbasisds rebuilt all the walls using rocks around them

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:53:22 PM3/7/08

<hille...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
>> accounts, is scarce.
>
> Dig in the Temple Mount and you will find them.
> That's why the Arabs are so busy destroying what they
> can under the ground.

Like the infamous "pomegranate"!!!!!!

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:54:22 PM3/7/08

Nobody can really prove any of those claims. The fact remains that Romans
teferred to Palestine by its name. They also referred to northern part of
present Israel as "Judea". However, there is not a single proof of their
existence, either. The infamous "pomegranate" in Israeli museum, has proved
to be phony.
The best authority on this period is Will Durant and his "the Age of Faith",
but do not rush to tell your friend about it because they have already
called Will an antisemite.

These "historical facts", are worthless really. Because 2,000 years ago
Palestine was the biggest concoction of nationalities and taiths you can
imagine. Many Jews crossed over and became Muslims, some Jews became
Christians and vice versa. The purity of "Jewish blood" simply does not
exist. This also appIies to any other ethnicities, nothing is pure here.

For us it is very important to deal with the present, to respect each
other's religion, and democratic principles. Racalling ancient hatreds to
defend present society is simply stupid!

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:55:29 PM3/7/08

>> > Something does not fit.
>> > Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
>> > where it got the financial resources to build them?
>
> On Mar 7, 1:47 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
>> Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
>> acres.
>
>> Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.
>
> Sennacherib gave a slightly different report in his Prism.
> See www.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html
> " As for Hezekiah the Judahite, who did not submit to my yoke: forty-
> six of his strong, walled cities, as well as the small towns in their
> area, which were without number, by levelling with battering-rams

Fuck off will you!

ElParedon

Mar 7, 2008, 6:56:49 PM3/7/08

>> >www.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html
>
> On Mar 7, 2:38 pm, Mirelle <freedomfightermire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Taylor Prism Purchased by the Oriental Institute
>
>> In 1919 J. H. Breasted purchased the Taylor Prism for the Oriental
>> Institute in Chicago from a Baghdad antiquities dealer
>> Current Location: Oriental Institute Chicago, Illinois
>> Spin.
>> Fake.
>
> So Mirelle, the greatest Assyria researcher, managed to
> discover, without even seeing the artifact, that it is a fake.
> Too bad the that the experts of Oriental Institute in
> Chicago are not as smart as you.
>
> BTW a nice slide show of the outstanding Assyrian
> representation in a series of reliefs which decorated
> Sennacherib's palace at Nineveh

You make me sick!

B.H. Cramer

Mar 7, 2008, 7:58:00 PM3/7/08

<hille...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Something does not fit.
>> > Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
>> > where it got the financial resources to build them?
>
> On Mar 7, 1:47 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
>> Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
>> acres.
>
>> Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.
>
> Sennacherib gave a slightly different report in his Prism.

Of course he did. He was a bullshitter too, as is the entire bible rubbish.

Mirelle

Mar 7, 2008, 9:48:00 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 3:54 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>The infamous "pomegranate" in Israeli museum, has proved
> to be phony.

What is with the phony pomegranate?
I never heard this before.
Such a scam already!

Mirelle

Mirelle

Mar 7, 2008, 9:53:38 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 2:59 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:
It is as phony as the infamous "flag" and "passport" found under the
rubble of the twin towers.
Spin.
Fabrication.
Just like the spin that Kennedy was shot by a 'lone gunman', Lee
Harvey Oslwald
Nothing about the grassy knoll, etc...
Spin an' lies.

In 'Israel'
the lie
has become
not just a
moral category,
but a pillar
of the State.

Mirelle

Mirelle

Mar 7, 2008, 10:03:17 PM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 2:59 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > >www.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html
>>www.odysseyadventures.ca/articles/lachish_slides/lachish_text.htm

As fake as this:

Solomon relic a fake,
museum concludes
Ivory pomegranate debunked
as indictments prepared in other cases

JERUSALEM - An ivory pomegranate long touted by scholars as the only
relic from Solomon's Temple is a forgery, the Israel Museum said
Friday, as investigators said they had broken up several fake
antiquity rings in a wide-ranging investigation.

Indictments in that investigation are to be handed down next week, the
officials said on condition of anonymity.

Among those to be indicted is Israeli collector Oded Golan, the
Justice Ministry confirmed. Golan, who denied wrongdoing, owns the two
most spectacular artifacts declared fakes last year: a burial chest
purported to be that of James, the brother of Jesus, and a stone
tablet with inscriptions on how to maintain the Jewish Temple.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6753063/

Mirelle

CYBERHINWA

Mar 8, 2008, 2:29:58 AM3/8/08
VEDIC TEMPLE THE PAST TRUTH OF ISLAMIC KAABA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HISTORICAL PROOF OF KAABA BEING A VEDIC- HINDU TEMPLE ....!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS .....!!!!!!!!!!!!! HISTORICAL PROOF OF KAABA BEING A
VEDIC- HINDU TEMPLE ....!!!!!!

THE KAABA IS NOTHING BUT THE VEDIC TEMPLE HINDUS DESTROYED BY THE
BASTARD MOHAMMED AND HIS BAND OF CRIMINAL AND MURDERS

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEN READ MY BOOK WITH HISTORICAL PROOF..

http://cyber-hindu-warriors.googlegroups.com/web/VEDIC%20TEMPLE%20-%20PAST%20OF%20PRE%20ISLAMIC%20ARABIA.pdf?gda=ZdlqVGAAAABhChAQTGsZzvS0OEqnoy9FT8GpqdZncBiqtBpWfDPF1aEfD8gizBqda3A8nb_OSkcaUVpL1K0WRXzhrF3ryALxPcJOF-jc5c67SXsMgzk4-X68zgWo_rkrALO3peK9XVE&hl=en

JOIN GROUP AT : http://groups.google.co.in/group/cyber-hindu-warriors?hl=en

CYBERHINWA

Mar 8, 2008, 2:34:11 AM3/8/08

VEDIC HINDUS WERE THE FOREBEARERS OF SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE

AND ENGINEERING MARVELS IN THE WORLD .................

http://www.hinduism.co.za/amazing.htm

Indian Contributions to Science and Technology

The depth and breadth of Indian science and technology is staggering,
and this section gives just a glimpse into the genius of India's
scientists and engineers.

Civil Engineering:

From complex Harappan towns to Delhi's Qutub Minar, India's indigenous
technologies were very sophisticated. They included the design and
planning of water supply, traffic flow, natural air conditioning,
complex stone work, and construction engineering.

Most students learn about the ancient cities of the Middle East and
China. How many have even a basic understanding of the world's oldest
and most advanced civilization � the Harappan or Indus-Sarasvati
Valley Civilization in India? The Indus-Sarasvati Civilization was the
world's first to build planned towns with underground drainage, civil
sanitation n, hydraulic engineering, and air-cooling architecture.
While the other ancient civilizations of the world were small towns
with one central complex, this civilization had the distinction of
being spread across many towns, covering a region about half the size
of Europe. Weights and linguistic symbols were standardized across
this vast geography, for a period of over 1,000 years, from around
3,000 BCE to 1500 BCE. Oven-baked bricks were invented in India in
approximately 4,000 BCE. Over 900 of the 1,500 known settlement sites
discovered so far are in India.

Since the Indus-Sarasvati script is yet to be decoded, it remains a
mystery as to how these people could have achieved such high levels of
sophistication and uniformity in a dispersed complex and with no
visible signs of centralized power.

For instance, all bricks in this civilization are of the ratio 1:2:4
regardless of their size, location or period of construction. There
are many pioneering items of civil engineering, such as drainage
systems for water (open and closed), irrigation systems, river dams,
water storage tanks carved out of rock, moats, middle-class style
homes with private bathrooms and drainage, and even a dockyard; there
is evidence of stairs for multiple-storied buildings; many towns have
separate citadels, upper and lower towns, and fortified sections;
there are separate worker quarters near copper furnaces; granaries
have ducts and platforms; and archeologists have found geometric
compasses, linear scales made of ivory. Indians also pioneered many
engineering tools for construction, surgery, warfare, etc. These
included the hollow drill, the true saw, and the needle with the hole
on its pointed end. (For further details, see the book summaries in
later chapters.)

Water Management:

Given the importance of fresh water in India, it is no surprise that
the technologies to manage water resources were highly advanced from
Harappan times onwards. For example, in Gujarat, Chandragupta built
the Sudarshan Lake in late 4th century BCE, and was later repaired in
150 BCE by his grandson. Bhopal's Raja Bhoj Lake, built in 1014-1053,
is so massive that it shows up in satellite images. The Vijayanagar
Empire built such a large lake in 14th � 15th century CE that it has
more construction material than the Great Wall of China. What some
historians call the �Persian Wheel� is actually pre-Mughal and
indigenous to India.

Scientists estimate there were 1.3 million man-made water lakes and
ponds across India, some as large as 250 square miles. These are now
being rediscovered using satellite imagery. These enabled rain water
to be harvested and used for irrigation, drinking, etc. till the
following year's rainfall.

Textiles:

Indian textiles have been legendary since ancient times. The Greeks
and Romans extensively imported textiles from India. Roman archives
record official complaints about massive cash drainage due to these
imports from India.

One of the earliest industries relocated from India to Britain was
textiles and it became the first major success of the Industrial
Revolution, with Britain replacing India as the world's leading
textile exporter. What is suppressed in the discourse about India and
Europe is the fact that the technology, designs and even raw cotton
were initially imported from India while, in parallel, India's
indigenous textile mills were outlawed by the British. India's textile
manufacturers were de-licensed, even tortured in some cases, over-
taxed and regulated, to 'civilize' them into virtual extinction.
Textiles and steel were the mainstays of the British Industrial
Revolution. Both had their origins in India. The Ahmedabad textile
museum is a great resource for scholarly material.

Iron and Steel:

Iron is found in countries neighboring India, leading European
scholars to assume that it came from outside India. Given the
similarities between the Vedas and Avesta (a Zoroastrian text), some
saw this as supporting the theory of diffusion of iron and Vedas into
India from the outside. Refuting this, Vibha Tripathi finds that iron
in India is much older. (See details in a subsequent chapter.)
Cemeteries in present-day Baluchistan have iron objects. The earlier
iron found in Middle Eastern archeological sites was essentially
meteorite material sculptured as rock/stone carvings, and was not
metallurgically processed at all. Since iron can be a by-product of
copper technology, this could be its likely origin in India because
copper was a well-known technology in many parts of ancient India. A
smelting furnace dated 800 BCE is found in Naikund (Maharashtra),
India. Recent discoveries reveal that iron was known in the Ganga
valley in mid second millennium BCE. In the mid-first millennium BCE,
the Indian wootz steel was very popular in Persian courts for making
swords.

Rust-free steel was an Indian invention, and remained an Indian skill
for centuries. Delhi's famous iron pillar, dated 402 CE, is considered
a metallurgical marvel and shows minimal signs of rust. The famous
Damascus steel swords, now displayed in museums across Europe, were
made from Indian steel imported by Europeans. The acclaimed Sheffield
steel in UK was Indian crucible steel. The best brains of European
science worked for decades to learn to reverse-engineer how Indians
made crucible steel, and in this process, modern alloy design and
physical metallurgy was developed in Europe. (For details see later
chapters with book summaries.)

Indian industry was dealt a death blow by the colonial masters who
banned the production and manufacture of iron and steel at several
places in India, fearing their use in making swords and other arms. In
addition, they also ensured India would depend upon iron and steel
imported from Europe.

Zinc Metallurgy:

Another important Indian contribution to metallurgy was in the
isolation, distillation and use of zinc. From natural sources, zinc
content in alloys such as brass can go no higher than 28 per cent.
These primitive alloys with less than 28 per cent zinc were prevalent
in many parts of the world before India. However, to increase the zinc
content beyond this threshold, one must first separate the zinc into
100 per cent pure form and then mix the pure zinc back into an alloy.
A major breakthrough in the history of metallurgy was India's
discovery of zinc distillation whereby the metal was vaporized and
then condensed back into pure metal.

Brass in Taxashila has been dated from third century BCE to fifth
century CE. A vase from Taxashila is of particular interest because of
its 34.34 per cent zinc content and has been dated to the third
century BCE (Marshall 1951: 567-568). Recently two brass bangles
belonging to the Kushana period have been discovered from Senuwar
(Uttar Pradesh, India). They are also made of metallic zinc as they
have 35 per cent zinc content (Singh 2004: 594). Experts are unsure if
this zinc was made by distillation process.

There is evidence of zinc ore mining at Zawar in Rajasthan from the
fifth century BCE, but unfortunately there is lack of evidence of
regular production of metallic zinc until the eighth century CE. The
earliest confirmed evidence of zinc smelting by distillation is dated
back to 840 +110 from Zawar (Craddock et al. 1985, 1989). This is the
earliest date for zinc smelting and production of metallic zinc by
distillation process anywhere in the world.

Europeans learnt it for the first time in 1743, when know-how was
transferred from India. Until then, India had been exporting pure zinc
for centuries on an industrial scale. At archeological sites in
Rajasthan, retorts used for the distillation are found in very large
numbers even today.

Once zinc had become separated into a pure metal, alloys could be made
with the required zinc component to provide the required properties.
For instance, strength and durability increase with higher zinc
component. Also, copper alloys look like gold when the zinc component
is higher than 28 per cent. Most early brass objects found in other
countries had less than 10 per cent zinc component, and, therefore,
these were not based on zinc distillation technology.

Alloys that exceed 10 per cent zinc are found earliest in Taxashila in
the fourth century BCE. However, while Taxashila was distilling and
manufacturing zinc on a small scale, it was in Zawar, Rajasthan, where
this first became industrialized on a large scale. Zinc mines have
been found in Dariba (11th century BCE), Agucha (sixth century BCE)
and Zawar (fifth century BCE). These mines have pots and other
manufacturing tools of these dates, but the mining could be even
older. (See further details in later chapters.)

Three important items are now proven about the history of zinc
metallurgy: (i) zinc distillation and metallurgical usage was
pioneered in India; (ii) industrial scale production was pioneered in
Rajasthan; (iii) England transferred the technology of zinc from India
in 1736. British metallurgy documents do not mention zinc at all prior
to this transfer.

Shipping and Shipbuilding:

Shipbuilding was one of India's major export industries until the
British dismantled it and formally banned it. Medieval Arab sailors
purchased their boats in India. The Portuguese also continued to get
their boats from India and not Europe. Some of the world's largest and
most sophisticated ships were built in India and China.

The compass and other navigation tools were already in use in the
Indian Ocean long before Europe. (�Nav� is the Sanskrit word for boat,
and is the root word in �navigation� and �navy�.) Using their
expertise in the science of seafaring, Indians participated in the
earliest-known ocean-based trading system.

Few people know that an Indian naval pilot, named Kanha, was hired by
Vasco da Gama to captain his ships and take him to India. Some of
Europe's acclaimed �discoveries� in navigation were in fact
appropriations of a well-established thriving trade system in the
Indian Ocean. Contrary to European portrayals that Indians knew only
coastal navigation, deep-sea shipping had existed in India as Indian
ships had been sailing to islands such as the Andamans, Lakshdweep and
Maldives around 2,000 years ago. Kautilya describes the times that are
good and bad for seafaring. There is also extensive archival material
on the Indian Ocean trade in Greek, Roman, and Southeast Asian
sources.

Forest Management:

Many interesting findings have recently come out about the way forests
and trees were managed by each village and how a careful method was
applied to harvest medicines, firewood and building material in
accordance with natural renewal rates. There is now a database being
built of 'sacred groves' across India. Once again, it's a story of an
economic asset falling into disuse and abuse because of the
dismantling of local governance and disrespect for traditional
systems.

Furthermore, when scholars try to explain India's current ecological
disasters, they seldom mention the large-scale logging of Indian
timber by the British in order to fund the two world wars and various
other industrial programs of the empire.

Farming Techniques:

Indian farmers developed non-chemical, eco-friendly pesticides and
fertilizers that have modern applications. These traditional
pesticides have been recently revived in India with excellent results,
replacing Union Carbide's products in certain markets. Crop rotation
and soil technology that has been passed down for thousands of years
are traditional practices which India pioneered.

Historically, India's agricultural production was large and sustained
a huge population compared to other parts of the world. Surpluses were
stored for use in a drought year. But the British turned this industry
into a cash cow, exporting very large amounts of grain even during
food shortages. This caused tens of millions of Indians to die of
starvation in the 19th century.

Traditional Medicine:

Much re-legitimizing of traditional Indian medicine has already
started, thanks in part to many Western labs and scientists. Many
multinationals no longer denigrate traditional medicine and have in
fact been trying to secure patents on Indian medicine without
acknowledging the source. Traditional medicine is now a well-known and
respected field.

Mathematics:

Prof. C.K Raju, a renowned scholar, has researched the �clash of
epistemologies� that occurred in European ideas about numbers. When
Europeans started to import Indian ideas about mathematics, what had
been natural to Indian thinkers for a long time was very hard for
Europeans to accept. He divides this into three periods:

1. The first math war in Europe was from 10th to 16th centuries,
during which time it took Europe 500 years to accept the zero, because
the Church considered it to be heresy.
2. The second math war was over the Indian concept of indivisibles,
which led to the theory of real numbers and infinitesimals, paving the
way for the development of calculus. This war lasted three centuries,
from the 17th to 19th centuries.
3. The third math war is now under way and is between computational
math (Indian algorithmic approach) and formal math (Western approach).

Additionally, Indians developed many important concepts including the
base-ten decimal system, now in global use, and crucial trigonometry
and algebra formulae. They made several astronomical discoveries.
Diverse schools of logic and philosophy proliferated.

Mathematical thought was intertwined with linguistics. India's Panini
is acknowledged as the founder of linguistics, and his Sanskrit
grammar is still the most complete and sophisticated of any language
in the world.

�Folk� Sciences:

Besides the above examples of Indian contributions to the origins of
the so-called �Western� science, there is another category of
traditional knowledge called non-literate folk science. Western
science as a whole has condemned and ignored anything that it did not
either appropriate or develop, by branding it as magic and
superstition. However, in countries such as India, which boast of
cultural continuity, ancient traditions survive with a rich legacy of
folk science.

In North America and Australia, where original populations have been
largely decimated, such continuity of folk tradition was disrupted. In
Western nations with large colonies in the Old and New Worlds, such
knowledge systems were looked down upon once they had been
successfully plundered. The process of contrasting Western science
with folk knowledge systems has led to the imposition of contrived
hegemonic categories.

The distinction between elite and folk science was non-existent in
ancient times. India's advanced metallurgy and civil engineering was
researched and practiced by artisan guilds. Western science seldom
realized that non-literate folk science preserves the wisdom gained
through millennia of experience and direct observation, and has been
transmitted by word of mouth.

For instance, modern scientists have humbly admitted that the
ecological management practiced today by the tribes of India's
Northeast is far superior to anything they could teach them. A good
example is the use of alder (Alnus nepalensis), which has been
cultivated in the jhum (shifting cultivation) fields by the Khonoma
farmers in Nagaland for centuries. It has multiple usages for the
farmers, since it is a nitrogen-fixing tree and helps to retain the
soil fertility. Its leaves are used as fodder and fertilizer, and it
is also utilized as timber. One could cite numerous such examples.

The vast majority of modern medicines patented by Western
pharmaceutical firms are based on tropical plants. The most common
method to select candidates for detailed testing has been for Western
firms to scout tropical societies, seek out established �folk�
remedies and subject these to testing by �Western science�. In many
cases, patents owned by multinationals are largely for isolating the
active ingredients in a lab and going through rigorous protocols of
testing and patent filing. While this is an important and expensive
task that deserves credit, these are seldom truly independent
discoveries from scratch. Never has the society that has discovered
them through centuries of empirical trial and error received any
recognition, much less any share of royalty.

Colin Scott writes: "With the upsurge of multidisciplinary interest in
'traditional ecological knowledge', models explicitly held by
indigenous people in areas as diverse as forestry, fisheries, and
physical geography are being paid increasing attention by Western
scientists, who have in some cases established extremely productive
long-term dialogues with local experts. The idea that local experts
are often better informed than their Western peers is at last
receiving significant acknowledgment beyond the boundaries of
anthropology."

Myths and legends sometimes represent the attempts of our ancestors to
explain the scientific observations they made about the world around
them and transmitted these to the future. They chose different models
to interpret the observations, but the observations were empirical.
Theorizing the possible role of myths, Scott writes: "The
complementarity of the literal and the figurative helps us to realize
that the distinction between myth and science is not structural, but
procedural ... Myths in a broader, paradigmatic sense are condensed
expressions of root metaphors that reflect the genius of particular
knowledge traditions ... Numerous studies have found that the
"anthropomorphic" paradigms of egalitarian hunters and
horticulturalists not only generate practical knowledge consistent
with the insights of scientific ecology, but simultaneously cultivate
an ethic of environmental responsibility that for western societies
has proven elusive."

Despite these acknowledgments, in too many cases Western scholars
reduce India's experts to �native informants� who are seen located
below the glass ceiling: the pandit as native informant to the Western
Sanskritist; the poor woman in Rajasthan as native informant to the
Western feminist seeking to cure her of her native tradition; the
herbal farmer as native informant to the Western pharmaceutical firm
appropriating medicines for patents. Given their poverty in modern
times, these 'native informants' dish out whatever the Western scholar
expects to hear in order to fit his/her thesis, because in return they
receive rewards. Rarely have Western scholars acknowledged India's
knowledge bearers as equal partners. The obsession to make 'original'
discoveries and to put one's name on publications has exacerbated the
tendency to appropriate with one hand, while denigrating the source
with other hand. This deserves to be called 'academic arson'.

Relationship with Inner Sciences:

India's inner sciences of mind and consciousness are simultaneously
(a) being appropriated by the West and (b) being depicted as anti-
progressive and irrational. In fact, inner and outer realms of inquiry
are often viewed as opposites that can, at best, be balanced but not
unified. This falsely assumes that the inner sciences make a person
and society less productive, creative, and competitive in the outer
realm. However, contradicting this, India's inner sciences and outer
development coexisted in a mutually symbiotic relationship.

A strong inner science will definitely strengthen the outer science
since it is the inner world which provides the inspiration,
creativity, and knowledge that is necessary in the development of a
sound outer science. A strong outer science allows the freedom for the
exploration of the inner science. Without the use of technology of
some form, man will be forced to dwell in his lower nature to satisfy
his basic needs of survival.

The divorce of �religion' and science is a strictly Western construct
due to the dogmatic and rigid nature of the Abrahamic religions.
History-centric religions (such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam)
are often not compatible with the human tendency towards freedom of
thought, intellectual originality, and non-conformity of thought which
are necessary in scientific innovation. The tradition of spiritual
experimentation in India, however, is compatible with the material and
intellectual experimentation required by science.

OM SHANTI

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 9:20:27 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 3:49 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "jgarbuz" <jgar...@netzero.com> wrote in message

I was joking, but you're right that Yiddish is not a nationality but a
language derived from low German AND Hebrew/Aramaic, as well as
elements of other languages.

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 9:22:03 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 3:51 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <hillelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Liar! Still trying to deny Jewish rights to Jewish soil.

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 9:25:34 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 3:53 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <hillelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate

"A widespread root for "pomegranate" comes from the Ancient Egyptian
rmn, from which derive the Hebrew rimmôn, and Arabic rummân. This root
was given by Arabs to other languages, including Portuguese (romã)[6],
Kabyle rrumman and Maltese "rummien". The pomegranate ('rimmôn') is
mentioned in the Bible as one of the seven fruits/plants that Israel
was blessed with, and in Hebrew, 'rimmôn' is also the name of the
weapon now called the grenade."

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 9:34:49 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 3:54 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Nobody can really prove any of those claims. The fact remains that Romans
> referred to Palestine by its name. They also referred to northern part of

> present Israel as "Judea". However, there is not a single proof of their
> existence, either. The infamous "pomegranate" in Israeli museum, has proved
> to be phony.
> The best authority on this period is Will Durant and his "the Age of Faith",
> but do not rush to tell your friend about it because they have already
> called Will an antisemite.
>
> These "historical facts", are worthless really. Because 2,000 years ago
> Palestine was the biggest concoction of nationalities and faiths you can

> imagine. Many Jews crossed over and became Muslims, some Jews became
> Christians and vice versa. The purity of "Jewish blood" simply does not
> exist. This also appIies to any other ethnicities, nothing is pure here.
>
> For us it is very important to deal with the present, to respect each
> other's religion, and democratic principles. Racalling ancient hatreds to
> defend present society is simply stupid!<

The following are Biblical claims of raids on the first temple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_Temple

Raids and destruction

According to the Bible, the temple was pillaged many times during the
course of its history (dates before Ahaz are approximate):

1. by king Shishak of Egypt, c.933 BCE (1 Kings 14:25, 26);
2. by king Asa of Judah, c.900 BCE in order to persuade Ben-Hadad I
of Damascus to come to his aid against Baasha of Israel (1 Kings
15:9-24);
3. by king Jehoash of Judah, c. 825 BCE, in order to pay Hazael of
Damascus, who was besieging the city (2 Kings 12:17-18);
4. by king Joash of Israel, c.790 BCE (2 Kings 14:14);
5. by king Ahaz of Judah, 734 BCE, to persuade Tiglath-pileser III
of Assyria to come to his aid against Pekah of Israel and Rezin II of
Damascus (2 Kings 16:8, 17, 18);
6. by king Hezekiah of Judah, 712 BCE, to pay king Sennacherib of
Assyria, who was besieging the city (2 Kings 18:15, 16).
7. by king Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon who pillaged it twice- once
in 597 BCE, and again in 586 BCE, after which he destroyed it (2 Kings
24:13; 2 Chr. 36:7). He burned the temple, and carried all its
treasures with him to Babylon (2 Kings 25:9-17; 2 Chr. 36:19; Isaiah
64:11).
These sacred vessels were, at the end of the Babylonian Captivity,
restored to the Jews by Cyrus in 538 BCE (Ezra 1:7-11).<

Are you saying that the Bible made up ALL of these raids out of whole
clothe? That ALL of it is a total myth, and none of it ever actually
happened?

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 9:54:31 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 11:59 am, tur...@shaw.ca wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:32:55 -0800 (PST),jgarbuz<jgar...@netzero.com>

> wrote:
>
> >You should ask the ARabs why they put their
> >mosques on Hebrew sacred soil.
>
> to start with, first the arabs let the jews back into the holy city,<

"Holy" to whom, and why? If there was never a Jewish temple, why would
it be "holy" to anybody?
I don't give a rat's ass about any temple of any people anywhere else
in the world. Jerusalem was the capital of the Jewish nation, and its
Temple was holy to the Jewish people. What it was to others is not our
business. Why anyone other than the Jewish nation consider that tiny
piece of real estate holy enough to build mosques and churches on or
around it totally escapes me, unless they did believe that there was
once a holy Jewish temple on that spot.

> after that arabs cleaned up the giant garbage heap that occupying<

Wrong! Umar did not know where the famous "Temple mount" even was. It
was a Jewish convert to Islam that led him to the garbage dump that
the Byzantines had allowed to cover what had once been the Temple
mount. After all, Jesus had stated that he could tear down the Temple,
and so it was purposely used as a garbage dump to show that the
Jewish Temple was dead and buried under Christian garbage. Now since
Islam considered itself to be the heir to the Jewish tradition, rival
to Christendom, and that David and Solomon and all the rest were
hitherto be considered Muslims, cleaning off the garbage was
important to him. But it was Jews who were brought in to GLADLY clean
it up after 500 years of being banned from the city by the Roman
Byzantine Christians. For them it was a labor of love.
It was some sixty years later that the present Haram el Sharif was
constructed on that spot.

> x-tians desacrated the temple mount with, much can be blamed on arabs
> but arabs are not at fault in this case, they didn't destroy the
> temple, rather they did away with the schweinerei, they gave the
> property back to G-d<

But they did not give it back to the JEWS! Unlike Cyrus of Persia, who
was a zionist, and permitted the exiled JEws to return to rebuild
their Temple, the Muslims did not do so. Had the Muslims given it
back to the Jews and allowed the Jews to rebuild their temple , the
Jews would be the greatest friends to the Arabs imaginable. But what
they did was worse than the Christians. The Christians turned it into
a garbage dump, but the Muslims took if for themselves and permanently
buried the Jewish Temple under their Mosques! That is worse than
putting a garbage dump on top of it. At least the garbage could be
removed; the Mosques cannot, At at least NOT YET! That day had not
arrived yet, but if the the Muslims continue their war against the
Jewish nation, it may arrive someday nonetheless.

due to their disorganization the jews were not in position to build
> that time and the original site plan was not available anyway, so
> that's how the arabs used their own design and built a building which
> actually turned out pretty good since it's one of the oldest buildings
> in existence today while used daily<

Poppycock. Actually, there was an attempt in the 5th century to
rebuild the Temple, but an earthquake put an end to that . Perhaps the
time had not arrived. Maybe it had to wait for a much later date.
Maybe another earthquake will get rid of the pretty Arab abomination
that covers the Holy of Holies yet. But I'd leave it to God to decide.

> further, you shouldn't be so ethnocentric, most classique synagogues

> also used arabic influencd designs by choice

> there are no mortal or even seminal differences between judaism and
> islam, so nothing prevents the jews and arabs from praying together,
> such would not be the first time in history, the problem is, that you
> both are much pig headed<

The Arabs, like all Bnei Noah, have their God-given rights and God-
given lands mentioned in the Torah, especially in God's promise to
Hagar and Ishmael. But the Land of Israel was not one of them. They
have transgressed and trespassed land not intended for them, for which
Allah will make them pay for generations to come.

B.H. Cramer

Mar 8, 2008, 9:58:53 AM3/8/08

"jgarbuz" <jga...@netzero.com> wrote in message

There is no jewish soil garbageguz.

B.H. Cramer

Mar 8, 2008, 10:03:30 AM3/8/08

> On Mar 7, 11:59 am, tur...@shaw.ca wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:32:55 -0800 (PST),jgarbuz<jgar...@netzero.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You should ask the ARabs why they put their
>> >mosques on Hebrew sacred soil.
>>
>> to start with, first the arabs let the jews back into the holy city,<
>
> "Holy" to whom, and why? If there was never a Jewish temple, why would
> it be "holy" to anybody?
> I don't give a rat's ass about any temple of any people anywhere else
> in the world. Jerusalem was the capital of the Jewish nation,

There never was a jewish nation, garbageguz.

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 10:06:38 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 12:03 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>
> > Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
> > accounts, is scarce.
>
> Dig in the Temple Mount and you will find them.
> That's why the Arabs are so busy destroying what they
> can under the ground.
>
> > Archaeological excavations at Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer have
> > uncovered structures that some attributed to the reign of Solomon
> > based on Biblical accounts, but these structures are now generally
> > dated to the Omride period, more than a century after Solomon's reign.
>
> Yadin found similar walls/structures in both kingdoms.
> His explanation is that the same "architect" designed both.
>
> > Based on the archeological evidence, the kingdom of Israel at the time
> > of Solomon was little more than a small city state.....
>
> Something does not fit.
> Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
> where it got the financial resources to build them? From Assyrian
> accounts it is pretty clear thathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachish

> had impressive fortifications and that the Assyrian army failed
> to take Jerusalem. Those two facts are agreed upon in the
> Bible and Assyrian sources.
>
> Come on, explain why Assyria could take Egypt but Jerusalem
> was such a hard nut to crack. (My explanation is that King
> Solomon left to the next generations impressive fortifications.
> After Jerusalem had been destroyed by Babylon, it was not
> that hard to take till Herod built better defenses and Second
> Temple, release two. See the account in Ezra 3, 12
> "But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads,
> who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw
> the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others
> shouted for joy." It shows that Second Temple, release 1
> was much smaller than First Temple.<

Actually, Jerusalem in and of itself was of no importance to anyone,
beside the Jews themselves, and only had to be attacked when the
Jewish kingdom stood in the way between the major powers. So if there
was no need to take it, they would avoid this difficult city to
besiege if at all possible. .THey only attacked it when it stood in
the way, which if often did. Not the city itself, but the kingdom that
it was the capital of .

B.H. Cramer

Mar 8, 2008, 10:11:24 AM3/8/08

"jgarbuz" <jga...@netzero.com> wrote in message

What kingdom was that, garbageguz?

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 10:22:24 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 3:56 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <hillelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Mar 7, 2:38 pm, Mirelle <freedomfightermire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Taylor Prism Purchased by the Oriental Institute
>
> >> In 1919 J. H. Breasted purchased the Taylor Prism for the Oriental
> >> Institute in Chicago from a Baghdad antiquities dealer
> >> Current Location: Oriental Institute Chicago, Illinois
> >> Spin.
> >> Fake.
>
> > So Mirelle, the greatest Assyria researcher, managed to
> > discover, without even seeing the artifact, that it is a fake.
> > Too bad the that the experts of Oriental Institute in
> > Chicago are not as smart as you.
>
> > BTW a nice slide show of the outstanding Assyrian
> > representation in a series of reliefs which decorated
> > Sennacherib's palace at Nineveh
>
> You make me sick!
>
> Nobody can really prove any of those claims. The fact remains that Romans
> teferred to Palestine by its name. <

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Boundaries and name

The name and the borders of what is currently called Palestine have
varied throughout history.

Ancient Egyptian texts called the entire Levantine coastal area along
the Mediterranean Sea between modern Egypt and Turkey R-t-n-u
(conventionally Retjenu). Retjenu was subdivided into three regions
and the southern region, Djahy, shared approximately the same
boundaries as Canaan, or modern-day Israel and the Palestinian
territories, though including also Syria.[2]

Early archeological textual reference to the territory of Palestine is
found in the Merneptah Stele, dated c. 1200 BCE, containing a recount
of Egyptian king Merneptah's victories in the land of Canaan,
mentioning townships such as Gezer, Ashkelon and Yanoam, along with
Israel, which is mentioned using a hieroglyphic determinative that
indicates a nomad people, rather than a state.[3]

In the Biblical account, the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah ruled
from Jerusalem a vast territory extending far west and north of
Palestine for some 120 years. Archaeological evidence for this period
is very rare, however, and its implications much disputed.[4][5]

The Philistines dwelt in cities and controlled much of the coast, and
the term 'Palestine' is cognate with the word Philistine,[6] That area
was known in Greek sources from the mid 5th century BCE as Palaistina.
When the Romans defeated the Jewish rebellion of 67-70 CE, and merged
the province of Judea with Galilee, Samaria and Idumaea, the name
Palaestina was applied to the newly formed larger unit.

The ethnic affiliation of the Philistines is not clear. The Philistine
names preserved on inscriptions appear to 'contradict the notion that
they were Greek-speakers'.[7] Some scholars argue however that they
were a non-Semitic group, with roots in Southern Greece dating back to
the period of early Mycenaean civilization.[8] A link to the Anatolian
people speaking the Palaic language, on mere phonological similitude,
seems difficult as hypothesis but not that impossible. Inhabiting a
smaller area on the southern coast called Philistia, whose borders
approximate the modern Gaza Strip, Philistia comprised a confederation
of five city states: Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod on the coast and Ekron,
and Gath inland.[9]

Egyptian texts of the temple at Medinet Habu, record a people called
the P-r-s-t (conventionally Peleset), one of the Sea Peoples who
invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign. This is considered very likely
to be a reference to the Philistines. The Hebrew name Peleshet (פלשת
Pəléshseth), usually translated as Philistia in English, is used in
the Bible to denote their southern coastal region.[citation needed]

The Assyrian emperor Sargon II called the region the Palashtu in his
Annals. By the time of Assyrian rule in 722 BCE, the Philistines had
become 'part and parcel of the local population',[10][11] and
prospered under Assyrian rule during the seventh century despite
occasional rebellions against their overlords.[9] In 604 BCE, when
Assyrian troops commanded by the Babylonian empire carried off
significant numbers of the population into slavery, the distinctly
Philistine character of the coastal cities dwindled away,[10][12] and
the history of the Philistine people effectively ended.[9]

In the 5th century BCE, the Greek historian and geographer Herodotus
wrote in Greek of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê,'from which
Latin: Palaestina and Palestine are derived,[13][14][15]. Syria, at
that time, referred rather imprecisely to the region north to south
from Asia Minor to Sinai, and west to east from the Mediterranean Sea
to the Persian Gulf. The boundaries of the 'district' described by
Herodotus are even more imprecise, as is the ethnic nature of its
people; sometimes it denotes the coast north of Mount Carmel, and
elsewhere it seems to extend down all the coast from Phoenicia to
Egypt, and as far east as the Jordan River.[16] Josephus used the name
Παλαιστινη generally for the smaller coastal area anciently inhabited
by the Philistines, which most of his contemporaries prefer to call
Philistia.[17] Ptolemy also used the term. In Latin, Pliny mentions a
region of Syria that was "formerly called Palaestina" among the areas
of the Eastern Mediterranean.[18] Philo uses the terms Palaestina and
Canaan interchangeably, noting that the region's Jewish population is
larger than that of any other single country.[19]

During the Roman period, the Iudaea Province (including Samaria)
comprised much of modern Palestine, although the Galilee and other
northern areas remained administratively distinct. Later, following
the Jewish rebellions in the 1st and 2nd centuries CE, Rome united the
entire Levant in a new province bearing its Greco-Latin name, Syria-
Palaestina.[20][21]

During the Byzantine Period, this entire region (including Syria,
Palestine, Samaria, and Galilee) was renamed Palaestina and then
subdivided into Diocese I and II. The Byzantines also renamed an area
of land including the Negev, Sinai, and the west coast of the Arabian
Peninsula as Palaestina Salutoris, sometimes called Palaestina III.
Since the Byzantine Period, the Byzantine borders of Palaestina (I and
II) have served as a name for the geographic area between the Jordan
River and the Mediterranean Sea.

Holy texts
The Holy Land, or Palestine, showing not only the Ancient Kingdoms of
Judah and Israel in which the 12 Tribes have been distinguished, but
also their placement in different periods as indicated in the Holy
Scriptures. Tobias Conrad Lotter, Geographer. Augsburg, Germany, 1759
The Holy Land, or Palestine, showing not only the Ancient Kingdoms of
Judah and Israel in which the 12 Tribes have been distinguished, but
also their placement in different periods as indicated in the Holy
Scriptures. Tobias Conrad Lotter, Geographer. Augsburg, Germany, 1759

The Hebrew Bible calls the region Canaan (כּנען) (Numbers 34:1–12),
while the part of it occupied by Israelites is designated Israel
(Yisrael). The name "Land of the Hebrews" (ארץ העברים, Eretz Ha-Ivrim)
is also found, as well as several poetical names: "land flowing with
milk and honey", "land that [God] swore to your fathers to assign to
you", "Holy Land", "Land of the Lord", and the "Promised Land".
[citation needed]

The Land of Canaan is given a precise description in (Numbers 34:1) as
including all of Lebanon, as well (Joshua 13:5). The wide area appears
to have been the home of several small nations such as the Canaanites,
Hebrews, Hittites, Amorrhites, Pherezites, Hevites and Jebusites.

According to Hebrew tradition, the land of Canaan is part of the land
given to the descendants of Abraham, which extends from the Nile to
the Euphrates River (Genesis 15:18). This land is said to include an
area called Aram Naharaim, which includes Ur Kasdim in modern Turkey,
where Abraham's father was born.

In Exodus 13:17, "And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people
go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the
Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure
the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt."

The events of the Four Gospels of the Christian Bible take place
entirely in the Holy Land.

In the Qur'an, the term الأرض المقدسة ("Holy Land", Al-Ard Al-
Muqaddasah) is mentioned at least seven times, once when Moses
proclaims to the Children of Israel: "O my people! Enter the holy land
which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously,
for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin." (Surah 5:21)

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 10:23:07 AM3/8/08
On Mar 7, 4:58 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
> <hillelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Mar 7, 1:47 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
> >> Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
> >> acres.
>
> >> Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.
>
> > Sennacherib gave a slightly different report in his Prism.
>
> Of course he did. He was a bullshitter too, as is the entire bible rubbish.<

You're the rubbish.

> > Seewww.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 3:46:52 PM3/8/08
On Mar 8, 7:11 am, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:
> "jgarbuz" <jgar...@netzero.com> wrote in message

http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_time_hebrewkings.htm

Dr. Lippschitz

Mar 8, 2008, 6:10:25 PM3/8/08

"jgarbuz" <jga...@netzero.com> wrote in message

Jerusalem was like a ghost town after the Babylonians took the yids away,

> http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_time_hebrewkings.htm

jgarbuz

Mar 8, 2008, 6:26:48 PM3/8/08

"Palestine" was a GHOST COUNTRY when most of the Jews were away.
Hardly surprising. You just have to read most 19th century accounts of
travelers to the country.

> >http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_time_hebrewkings.htm

dsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2008, 6:26:30 AM3/9/08
On Mar 7, 4:50 am, Doomsday Cultist <bardic26...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> Historical evidence of King Solomon, independent of the biblical
> accounts, is scarce. The period of his rule was a period recognised as
> a "Dark Age" - a period in which centralised Empires of the Late
> Bronze Age had collapsed, and the new Iron Age monarchies had yet to
> grow.

In that case, Solomon can hardly be said to be "a myth".

Ditto Arthur.

Deborah

dsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2008, 6:27:55 AM3/9/08

On Mar 7, 10:32 am, jgarbuz <jgar...@netzero.com> wrote:
> Well, whether or not King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table
> actually existed in history

They didn't.

>doesn't change the important place that
> epic has in British national culture. And as a kid I loved reading the
> stories of Arthur and his noble knights, and I am no way British.

The Arthurian epic had a long history before it became the Matter of
Britain.

>I'm
> Yiddish. In some ways, even if David and Solomon turn out to be a
> total myths, it in no way diminishes their place in Hebrew national
> culture either.

Agreed. But they won't.

Deborah

dsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2008, 6:29:46 AM3/9/08
On Mar 7, 2:06 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > Something does not fit.
> > > Why such a small kingdom had such impressive fortification, and from
> > > where it got the financial resources to build them?

> On Mar 7, 1:47 pm, "B.H. Cramer" <benji...@home.now> wrote:

> > Israel did not build anything of any note. David's "city" was only a few
> > acres.
> > Your "Nation of Israel" is bullshit.
>
> Sennacherib gave a slightly different report in his Prism.

> Seewww.bible-history.com/empires/prism.html
> " As for Hezekiah the Judahite, who did not submit to my yoke: forty-
> six of his strong, walled cities, as well as the small towns in their
> area, which were without number, by levelling with battering-rams and
> by bringing up seige-engines, and by attacking and storming on foot,
> by mines, tunnels, and breeches, I besieged and took them. 200,150
> people, great and small, male and female, horses, mules, asses,
> camels, cattle and sheep without number, I brought away from them and
> counted as spoil. (Hezekiah) himself, like a caged bird I shut up in
> Jerusalem, his royal city. I threw up earthworks against him-- the one
> coming out of the city-gate, I turned back to his misery."
>
> It is pretty clear that Sennacherib, heading the main army of
> the strongest Middle East empire, with the best siege weapons
> anywhere in the world of that time, could not take Jerusalem.
> It is also clear that that "little kingdom" had plenty of loot.
>

> So dear idiot, it is time for you andMirelleto sing in duet

> that Sennacherib's Hexagonal Prism is a fake.

Pearls before chazzerim, Hillel.

Deborah

dsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2008, 6:30:26 AM3/9/08
On Mar 7, 2:38 pm, Mirelle <freedomfightermire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Spin.
> Fake.
> Mirelle

Like your canary diamond collection, Vera?

Deborah

dsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2008, 6:32:30 AM3/9/08
On Mar 7, 7:03 pm, Mirelle <freedomfightermire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Solomon relic a fake,

Like your diamond collection, Vera? Or more like your claim that
you're a "Registered Psychiatist"?

Deborah

> On Mar 7, 2:59 pm, hillelg...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > SoMirelle, the greatest Assyria researcher, managed to

Mirelle

Mar 9, 2008, 8:41:06 AM3/9/08
On Mar 8, 7:25 am, jgarbuz <jgar...@netzero.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 3:53 pm, "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Like the infamous "pomegranate"!!!!!!

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate

The pomegranate was a FAKE, dummy.

Solomon relic a fake,
museum concludes
Ivory pomegranate debunked
as indictments prepared in other cases

JERUSALEM - An ivory pomegranate long touted by scholars as the only
relic from Solomon's Temple is a forgery, the Israel Museum said
Friday, as investigators said they had broken up several fake
antiquity rings in a wide-ranging investigation.
Indictments in that investigation are to be handed down next week,
the
officials said on condition of anonymity.
Among those to be indicted is Israeli collector Oded Golan, the
Justice Ministry confirmed. Golan, who denied wrongdoing, owns the
two
most spectacular artifacts declared fakes last year: a burial chest
purported to be that of James, the brother of Jesus, and a stone
tablet with inscriptions on how to maintain the Jewish Temple.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6753063/

Mirelle

> > <hillelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Dig in the Temple Mount and you will find them.
> > > That's why the Arabs are so busy destroying what they
> > > can under the ground.
>
> > Like the infamous  "pomegranate"!!!!!!<
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate

The pomegranate was a FAKE.