Itzhak Schier obm

Jonathan J. Baker

Apr 7, 2013, 1:35:58 PM4/7/13
If anyone remembers him. We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
at Jerusalem II in New York.

http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=24738

Levaya was today, near my mother-in-law's house, I found out too late to go.

--
name: jon baker web: http://www.panix.com/~jjbaker
address: jjb...@panix.com blog: http://thanbook.blogspot.com

name: jon baker web: http://www.panix.com/~jjbaker
address: jjb...@panix.com blog: http://thanbook.blogspot.com

DoD

Apr 7, 2013, 3:12:27 PM4/7/13
On Apr 7, 12:35 pm, Jonathan J. Baker <jjba...@panix.com> wrote:
> If anyone remembers him.  We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
> at Jerusalem II in New York.
>
> http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=24738
>
> Levaya was today, near my mother-in-law's house, I found out too late to go.

I kinda remember him, coming here off and on. How old was he? He looks
younger
than me.How sad.

cindys

Apr 7, 2013, 5:48:56 PM4/7/13
On Apr 7, 1:35 pm, Jonathan J. Baker <jjba...@panix.com> wrote:
> If anyone remembers him.  We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
> at Jerusalem II in New York.
>
> http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=24738
>
> Levaya was today, near my mother-in-law's house, I found out too late to go.
------
Whether we enjoyed the Creedmour Chronicles or not, baruch dayan
ha'emes.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net

Apr 7, 2013, 6:27:10 PM4/7/13
I remember him very well. We met him in Moscow in 2002. He was certainly a lot younger than me.
Baruch Dayan Emet.
Henry Goodman

Giorgies E Kepipesiom

Apr 7, 2013, 8:35:55 PM4/7/13
On Apr 7, 1:35 pm, Jonathan J. Baker <jjba...@panix.com> wrote:
> If anyone remembers him.  We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
> at Jerusalem II in New York.

Very sad to hear of this. I met him once in New York, and twice in
Jerusalem, some years ago. We had much in common, though he was
decades younger than I.

Those present and former posters who imagined he and I were the same
person can now be assured that it is not so. Yehi zichro boruch.

GEK
whishing good chodesh to all.

Yisroel Markov

Apr 8, 2013, 9:24:59 AM4/8/13
On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:27:10 +0000 (UTC),
"henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net" <henry....@virgin.net> said:

>On Sunday, April 7, 2013 6:35:58 PM UTC+1, Jonathan J. Baker wrote:
>> If anyone remembers him.

Of course!

What an unpleasant surprise :-( He's only a bit older than I am.
Thanks for letting us know, Jon.

>> We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
>> at Jerusalem II in New York.
>>
>> http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=24738

I see that it doesn't mention his brief stint with atheism and
subsequent return. Just as well, I suppose.

>> Levaya was today, near my mother-in-law's house, I found out too late to go.
>>

>> --
>>
>> name: jon baker web: http://www.panix.com/~jjbaker
>> address: jjb...@panix.com blog: http://thanbook.blogspot.com
>>
>> --
>>
>I remember him very well. We met him in Moscow in 2002.

What brought you to Moscow, if I may ask?

>He was certainly a lot younger than me.
>Baruch Dayan Emet.

Amen.
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

yzk

Apr 8, 2013, 10:03:03 AM4/8/13
Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

yzk

henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net

Apr 8, 2013, 10:17:57 AM4/8/13
On Monday, April 8, 2013 2:24:59 PM UTC+1, Yisroel Markov wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:27:10 +0000 (UTC),
>
> "henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net" said:
>

> >On Sunday, April 7, 2013 6:35:58 PM UTC+1, Jonathan J. Baker wrote:
>
> >> If anyone remembers him.
>

> Of course!
>

> What an unpleasant surprise :-( He's only a bit older than I am.
>
> Thanks for letting us know, Jon.
>

> >> We met him once at an SCJ[m] get-together
>
> >> at Jerusalem II in New York.
>

> >> http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=24738
>

> I see that it doesn't mention his brief stint with atheism and
>
> subsequent return. Just as well, I suppose.
>

> >> Levaya was today, near my mother-in-law's house, I found out too late to go.
>

> >I remember him very well. We met him in Moscow in 2002.
>

> What brought you to Moscow, if I may ask?
We were there for a holiday (vacation in American). We frequently spend our holidays in large European cities, visiting museums, palaces, Kremlins etc.
We stayed at the Metropole hotel. I knew from scjm that Ian lived in Moscow at the time (during his atheistic period) so we asked him to meet us at the hotel and show us some ropes. He wouldn't go to the kosher restaurant(he had some issue with the owner)so we ended up at an extreme vegetarian (probably vegan) restaurant that unfortunately didn't serve alcohol.
The hotel was within walking distance of the main shul so I went to shacharit every morning.
Henry Goodman

Jonathan J. Baker

Apr 8, 2013, 12:18:41 PM4/8/13
>Henry Goodman writes:

>>He was certainly a lot younger than me.
>>Baruch Dayan Emet.

Apparently, he was a year younger than me - 46.

Harry Weiss

Apr 8, 2013, 11:51:50 PM4/8/13
Yes., He was only 47.,

--
Harry J. Weiss
hjw...@panix.com

Yisroel Markov

Apr 9, 2013, 11:51:47 AM4/9/13
On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:27:10 +0000 (UTC),
"henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net" <henry....@virgin.net> said:

[snip]

>Baruch Dayan Emet.
>Henry Goodman

Separate condolences to you and the rest of the UK contigent on the
passing of a remarkable woman, your first female Prime Minister. "That
was a true [Iron] lady."