The West: Too Tired to Defend Freedom?

Michael Ejercito

Jun 29, 2017, 12:36:33 PM6/29/17
The West: Too Tired to Defend Freedom?
by Giulio Meotti
June 29, 2017 at 5:30 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10593/defend-freedom

"We are kidding ourselves if we think we yet live in a tolerant, liberal
society" — UK Liberal Democrats party leader Tim Farron, who resigned after
giving "politically incorrect" answers on homosexual sex and abortion.

Wherever he went, Jeremy Corbyn seemed as if he were a voluntary
collaborator with an Iranian regime that executes gays. But Corbyn was never
questioned about this affiliation the way the media obsessively questioned
Farron.

Muslim supremacists murder gays in Orlando? Instead of being proud of an
open society, defending it from Islamic jihadists, and accepting the freedom
to be homosexual as a positive difference between the West and Islam, our
liberals make it a case for more "inclusion".

After the recent terror attacks in Britain, The Spectator wrote: "After five
centuries, religious war has returned to England". The reference is to 1535,
when Thomas More was executed for his Catholic beliefs. Tim Farron, a
British MP and party leader of the Liberal Democrats who, after refusing for
several days to state whether he considers homosexual sex a sin, and gave
ambiguous answers on abortion, was not brought to the Tower of London for a
public execution. However, almost 500 years after More, Farron saw his
political career sacrificed on an almost identical ideological altar as
More.

Farron resigned his position as party leader with a dramatic speech. The
Daily Mail condemned the "liberal fascism" of the "moral pygmies". The
progressive New Statesman headlined its story on Farron's resignation as the
"decline of liberalism". Farron said: "We are kidding ourselves if we think
we yet live in a tolerant, liberal society".

It does not matter that Farron had, on gay rights, a 90.4% "positive score",
according to the Public Whip. Or that he repeatedly defended the right to
abortion. What was intolerable was that Farron could have nourished, in his
Christian conscience, even a minimal doubt.

Liberal Democrats party leader Tim Farron saw his political career
sacrificed because the British media found it unacceptable that, in his
Christian conscience, he could have considered homosexual sex a sin. (Image
source: Liberal Democrats/Flickr)
Western liberalism seems to have eliminated the so-called "corridor" that
had guaranteed a right to existence to those ideas that did not conform to
relativism. It is bizarre that this demonization has been consumed in the
Liberal Democrats, the party that has borne the torch of classic liberalism.

Perhaps Farron thought that his progressive ideas on climate change, the
protection of minorities and the European Union would protect him from such
vicious attacks. He was wrong. His inquisitors in the media wanted to talk
about his personal social ideas, not Brexit.

The Wall Street Journal told the whole story. After taking over the
leadership of the party in 2015, Farron was asked whether, as a Christian,
thought that homosexuality is a sin. "We are all sinners", he said. That was
not enough. During a television interview on April 18, 2017, Farron was
pressed four times to respond again and four times he refused. Silence was
not enough. The next day, at the House of Commons, Farron said that
homosexuality is not a sin. That, too, was not enough. The media had to be
sure that Farron believed it in his heart as well. So a BBC interviewer
asked him again a few days later. It was a campaign to smear Farron, an easy
scapegoat for a phony concept of liberalism.

Journalist Nick Cohen, writing in The Guardian noted a further paradox.
Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn worked for state-owned Iranian television
and spoke at the Khomeinist rally in London. Wherever he went, Corbyn seemed
as if he were a voluntary collaborator with a regime that executes gays. But
Corbyn was never questioned about this affiliation the way the media
obsessively questioned Farron.

At a time when Islamic supremacists attack the symbols of Western
liberalism, liberalism shows a dangerous emptiness. Liberalism has been
turned into a caricature made of mandatory gender ideology, blind
multiculturalism, defeatist pacifism, anti-Zionism, feminism and critical
studies. "An orgy of liberal sex and liberal guilt".

The result is what Douglas Murray called a "tiredness" of the civilization,
a cultural chaos which turned into an apathy. In one month, Western Europe
has been hit by four major terror attacks: Manchester, London, Paris and
Brussels. Sholton Byrnes wrote in an article published by The National:

"...the definition of the West consists of far more than the security
alliance that underpins it. Does it not also mean Shakespeare and
Schopenhauer, liberal democracy, a progressive interpretation of human
rights, all springing from the soil of centuries of Roman-Judaeo-Christian
tradition? The West was once the inheritor of Christendom. Today, it is not
entirely sure what it is, with many voices violently clashing over their
views of what it should be. It lacks the certainty in its own civilisation
that Russia and China, for instance, possess. If it is too tired or
unwilling to defend itself, the US will survive for sure; but the concept of
'the West' will have dissolved through the apathy of societies who will have
shown they have no courage – and not many convictions either".

That is why, if we, the West, do not take our culture more seriously,
Islamic terrorists will easily be able to destroy it. Every time Western
symbols come under attack, the Western relativists rapidly accommodate the
attackers.

Salman Rushdie is threatened with death and a $6 million Islamic bounty on
his head, or Muslims supremacists attack because of cartoons of the Islamic
Prophet Mohammed? Instead of defending freedom of expression, our liberals
submit to Islamic blasphemy laws. Two years and a half after the massacre at
Charlie Hebdo, not a single European newspaper has again drawn Mohammed.

Muslim supremacists slaughter French Jews? Instead of defending them as a
post-Holocaust treasure, our liberals scapegoat Israel's security policies,
as did the European Union's former foreign minister, Catherine Ashton.

Muslims supremacists submit their own women to burqas and niqabs and
home-confinement? Instead of protecting equality, our liberals defend the
veils as symbols of "cultural diversity".

Muslim supremacists murder gays in Orlando? Instead of being proud of an
open society, defending it from Islamic jihadists, and accepting the freedom
to be homosexual as a positive difference between the West and Islam, our
liberals make it a case for "Love wins" and "Hate will not divide us".

A year after the massacre at the Pulse gay nightclub, the mainstream media
constructed a new narrative, as if murdering 49 gay people were not the
product of ISIS, but of "hate". That is why the question is repeatedly
asked: "Why did this happen?"

Contemporary liberalism is exhausted and irritated by the very idea of a
common civilization to be defended. In a weak conception of "liberalism",
the supreme goal for liberals seems to be "peace", whatever it costs -- in
other words, surrender. This is how Western liberalism has become fragile,
like a tree corroded by a lethal fungus.

Fifty years ago, James Burnham understood that liberalism had become "an
ideology of suicide" of Westerners "who hate their own civilization, readily
excuse or even praise blows struck against it, and themselves lend a willing
hand, frequently enough, to pulling it down".

Civilization is not a gift; it is a breakable achievement that needs to be
defended from inside and out from the many who would destroy it. Let us take
the freedoms we value more seriously; they are being taken from us as we
speak.

Giulio Meotti, Cultural Editor for Il Foglio, is an Italian journalist and
author.

Jun 29, 2017, 1:57:40 PM6/29/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:40:26 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
<meje...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The West: Too Tired to Defend Freedom?
>by Giulio Meotti
>June 29, 2017 at 5:30 am
>https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10593/defend-freedom
>
>"We are kidding ourselves if we think we yet live in a tolerant, liberal
>society" — UK Liberal Democrats party leader Tim Farron, who resigned after
>giving "politically incorrect" answers on homosexual sex and abortion.

You got, a fucking PROBLEM with the West, you slant eyed Islamophobic
mongoloid?

Manila is thataway -------------------------------------------->

Cheers!

RJ (preferred jew aliash)

Sick old pedo Andrew Andrzej Baron

Jun 29, 2017, 2:20:46 PM6/29/17

Leading US neo-Nazi jailed for child porn possession
Kevin Alfred Strom (born 1956 in Anchorage, Alaska) is the former
Managing Director of National Vanguard, a Charlottesville-based
organization that has been described as a racist, white separatist,
homophobic, and a Neo-Nazi hate group by the Southern Poverty Law
Center and the Anti-Defamation League.[1][2] Strom resigned from
National Vanguard in July 2006.[3] National Vanguard reportedly
disbanded on March 14, 2007, and its website has been dormant since
that time. In 2008 Strom pleaded guilty to possession of ten images
of child pornography and was sentenced to 23 months in prison.[4]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Alfred_Strom

Loose Cannon

Jun 29, 2017, 4:07:07 PM6/29/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:57:31 -0700, "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)" <rj...@TheWor1d.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:40:26 -0700, Chu Wang aka "NOT Michael Ejercito"
The nerve of these asiatic slugs. They sneak into this country and
then have the audacity to criticize us. Can't wait till the Banana
Boat sets sail.

NEMO

Jun 29, 2017, 4:38:27 PM6/29/17

In article <n9nalc9hp9timcgpu...@4ax.com>,
FAKE NEMO/Loose Cannon <efbe...@gmx.com> wrote:

[flushed]

You're just angry because your life is shit, because you
never achieved anything and never will, and because you're
married to a fat, ugly, obnoxious PIG whom you hate.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/soc.men/Wdzh00tPtqE/Bvt0Gln401EJ

<quote>

From: [FAKE] Loose Cannon <efbe...@gmx.com>

This is embarrassing. My fraternity from graduating class of 1980 is
Any logical suggestions will be considered.

</quote>

Byker

Jun 29, 2017, 5:20:51 PM6/29/17
"Loose Cannon" wrote in message

> The nerve of these asiatic slugs. They sneak into this country and then
> have the audacity to criticize us.

Asiatics don't like Muslim "refugees" either:
Why Do Chinese Reject Middle Eastern Refugees?

Islamophobia is a potent factor, but not the whole story.

By Wang Jin
June 23, 2017

June 20 was “World Refugee Day,” but the following days witnessed strong
debates over the refugee issue inside China. Many Chinese newspapers and
websites highlighted the news of Yao Chen, who is a famous Chinese movie and
TV star, visiting foreign refugees in both China and abroad. Those reports
about refugees were viewed by Chinese public as attempts to “create a public
atmosphere,” or a sign that Chinese government is preparing to accept Middle
East refugees (an assumption made largely because of the official background
of Chinese news agencies). Countless discussions and petitions denouncing
Yao Chen and the possibility of China accepting refugees have emerged, not
only on social media sites such as Weibo and WeChat, but also on several
leading internet blogs. Public surveys show that a massive majority of
Chinese (in some surveys, nearly 99 percent) strongly oppose the idea of
settling Middle Eastern refugees, especially Muslim refugees, inside China.

This public fear of accepting refugees, especially Muslims, first and
foremost reflects China’s increasing Islamophobia. Although Muslim ethnic
groups inside China, such as Uyghur and Hui, are only a small percent of the
total Chinese population, the total number of Chinese Muslims exceeds 20
million. Halal restaurants, hotels, and products have expanded rapidly
inside China in recent years even as more and more mosques are set up. Added
to this is the fact that China’s “One Child policy” targeted the majority
Han ethnic group for more than three decades, while the Hui and other Muslim
(and non-Muslim) minority groups have been permitted to have two or more
children. There is a strong undercurrent of fear among many Chinese that
China will be “Islamicized.” Against this backdrop, if China begins to
accept Middle Eastern refugees, especially Muslims, many Chinese people
would feel “betrayed” by the Communist government because, in the words of
Professor Xi Wuyi from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, “we are
forced to give up our children to save space for foreigners.” Meanwhile, the
continuing terrorism threat in Europe and increased reports of crimes such
as rapes and murders committed by Syrian and Afghan refugees in Europe also
stoked fear in the Chinese public.

In addition, negative stories about Middle Eastern refugees who have stayed
in China made the Chinese public feel taken advantage of or offended. One
such story recounts the example of a male Arab refugee who stayed in Beijing
for seven years before he headed to Canada. He reportedly never worked or
learned to speak Chinese and survived on his Chinese girlfriend’s monthly
salary. When Yao Chen, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’
goodwill ambassador in China, visited this refugee in Beijing and praised
his Chinese girlfriend for being “hardworking,” the refugee replied: “My
girlfriend should thank me because I teach her English!” Many Chinese took
great offense to this “shameless” reaction.

According to other media reports, some Muslin refugees from Pakistan told
their children to “never speak Chinese” because they do not want their kids
to “forget English” and become Chinese. These reports also angered many
Chinese and further cemented stereotypes of refugees as arrogant,
ungrateful, and disrespectful of their Chinese hosts.

Beyond Islamophobia, the reluctance to accept refugees also has a political
dimension. The rumor that the government might look to settle Middle Eastern
refugees in China further arouse debate on the whether China has taken on
excessive international responsibilities. This reason has been cited by even
Chinese Muslim groups, such as Hui people, to argue strongly against
accepting refugees. It should be noted that China still describes itself as
“the biggest developing state” in the world. Although President Xi Jinping
has created the Belt and Road initiative and increased China’s international
influence, most Chinese still question whether China should help foreign
states given the fact that there are still more than 500 million
“underprivileged people” in China today. China’s rapidly decreasing foreign
reserves and the increasing risk of Chinese investments, such as projects
undertaken by Chinese state-owned companies in Afghanistan and Pakistan,
encourage the Chinese public to strongly oppose any “international
responsibility” to accept Middle Eastern refugees. Many Chinese believe
their government is already doing enough — or even too much.

On a related note, many Chinese people believe it should be the United
States, European states, or at least Arab states that resettle Middle
Eastern refugees, based on the logic of “punishing” those who caused the
problem in the first place. Chinese people believe the Middle Eastern
refugee issue resulted from the civil wars “provoked” and “interfered” in by
the West and other Middle Eastern states, and thus it should be their
responsibility to take care of these refugees. In the opinions of Chinese
people, China has already fulfilled its international obligations by
advising relevant parties in Syria and Afghanistan to carry out dialogue and
negotiation to end their civil wars. It is unacceptable to most Chinese for
their country to help settle a problem widely seen as created by other
states.

Chinese public strong opposition of “accepting Middle East refugee in China”
demonstrates Chinese concern and anxiety over China’s decision-making
procedures that lacks of transparency. Chinese public negative attitudes to
Arab Muslim refugees are based not only on the Islamophobia, but also on the
negative attitude of the existing Muslim refugees involvement inside China.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/06/why-do-chinese-reject-middle-eastern-refugees/

Jun 30, 2017, 9:54:34 AM6/30/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:20:42 -0500, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
>>
>> The nerve of these asiatic slugs. They sneak into this country and then
>> have the audacity to criticize us.
>
>Asiatics don't like Muslim "refugees" either:
>Why Do Chinese Reject Middle Eastern Refugees?
>
>Islamophobia is a potent factor, but not the whole story.

China has its own troublesome Muslim raghead minority.

For why more Muslims they should want?

They don't seem to like jews either. You could count the jews in
China on one hand.

Sick old pedo Andrew Andrzej Baron

Jun 30, 2017, 10:21:25 AM6/30/17

Like THIS!

Look what the executioner does to this nazoid sub-louse!

A true keeper... esp. the part when the hangman sticks his
fingers into the nazoid's eyes:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2cb_1326140530 (you can skip to 0:30)

May ALL nazoids die like this... but SLOWER!