Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

An t-Uachtaran Mairtin Mac Aonghuasa

1 visualização
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
29 de set. de 2011, 22:00:0729/09/2011
para
Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn. Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra. Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S

killwhang

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 00:31:0530/09/2011
para
Begorral to be sure to be sure, it is so, so it is..

Special Care

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 09:43:4830/09/2011
para
Ta se mahogany gaspipe.

Akins of that Ilk

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 11:20:0530/09/2011
para

What's that, Jimmy?

Martin what?

max.it

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 15:54:1530/09/2011
para
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:20:05 -0700 (PDT), Akins of that Ilk
<the_akins...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sep 29, 9:00=A0pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
>> siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
>> bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn. =A0Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
>> mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
>> mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra. =A0Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
>> deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S
>
>What's that, Jimmy?
>
>Martin what?

Summin like Marti is a good guy will bring peace to you know where,
but he won't tell tales of past associations.
My Irish is crap, simply 'phonetic', so I can't read or write.

max.it (the orange cage)

Harry Merrick

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 16:05:1930/09/2011
para
Sorry Max, but "I" thought that it was German! Can't speak or
understand that either.

Harry Merrick

Custos Custodum

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 17:07:2430/09/2011
para
Akins of that Ilk <the_akins...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7ab85938-
b978-4706-bc8...@d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com:
It's part of your imagined 'heritage' that was obviously too difficult for
you to fake.

Jane Margaret Laight

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 21:13:1030/09/2011
para
Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 22:18:0230/09/2011
para
An bhfuil tu cinnte faoi sin? Ta cuigear cailin agam agus is
ciallmhar dom o am go h-am mo mholadh fhein a glacadh. Slan Feck

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
30 de set. de 2011, 21:54:4430/09/2011
para
On Oct 1, 2:13 am, Jane Margaret Laight <jml27...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:00 pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> w
> > Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
> > siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
> > bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn.  Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
> > mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
> > mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra.  Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
> > deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S
>
> Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

An deachracht ata agamsa leis an lucht seo na go bhfuil fuath I measc
meid airithe I gcoinne an pobal a dfhulaing formhor den pian a tharla
I rith na Triobloidi. Tuigim an ga chun bhru a chuir ar na croppies
chun loai sios - ni tharloaigh e sin ariamh. Le gach dea ghui Feck

Akins of that Ilk

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 00:04:0501/10/2011
para
On Sep 30, 4:07 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Akins of that Ilk <the_akins_of_ak...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7ab85938-
> b978-4706-bc86-ef46fc45c...@d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Sep 29, 9:00 pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
> >> siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
> >> bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn. Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
> >> mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
> >> mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra. Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
> >> deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S
>
> > What's that, Jimmy?
>
> It's part of your imagined 'heritage' that was obviously too difficult for
> you to fake.

I have no doubt that my many Highland ancestors at one time spoke
Gaelic, but it would have been hundreds of years ago; however they are
still a very real part of my heritage, as was their culture.

Bryn Fraser

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 05:19:0201/10/2011
para
On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Akins of that Ilk <the_akins_of_ak...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7ab85938-
> b978-4706-bc86-ef46fc45c...@d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Sep 29, 9:00 pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
> >> siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
> >> bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn. Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
> >> mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
> >> mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra. Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
> >> deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S
>
> > What's that, Jimmy?
>
> It's part of your imagined 'heritage' that was obviously too difficult for
> you to fake.

is trom geum bà air a h-aineol

Custos Custodum

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 07:14:5301/10/2011
para
Akins of that Ilk <the_akins...@yahoo.com> wrote in
The 'Brigadoon' culture that you espouse would have been unrecognisable
to any of them.

Akins of that Ilk

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 09:27:1601/10/2011
para
On Oct 1, 6:14 am, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> to any of them.- Hide quoted text -

So would soap and running water.

Jane Margaret Laight

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 10:58:0301/10/2011
para
On Sep 30, 10:18 pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2:13 am, Jane Margaret Laight <jml27...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 10:00 pm, Feck all sassanaigh <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Nach maith an la os ar gcomhar - beidh daoine den scoth ag iarraidh
> > > siochain a bhunu go macanta I measc gach Eireannach. N'fheadhar go
> > > bhfhuil sli nios macanta ar fail againn.  Nil faoistin ro-ard I mo
> > > mheas (reiligiun go h-airithe) ach o thaoibh dul chun chinn ceapaim go
> > > mbeidh dualgais ar Mairtin bron a ra.  Leis an iarracht sin, beidh
> > > deis again uile siochain a bhuaile. Le meas S
>
> > Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.
>
> An bhfuil tu cinnte faoi sin?

Sea Táim cinnte!

Custos Custodum

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 13:20:4301/10/2011

> On Oct 1, 6:14 am, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> Akins of that Ilk <the_akins_of_ak...@yahoo.com> wrote
>> innews:cedca313-23
> b4-4dd1-a76a...@z12g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:
Precisely. The 'heritage' you celebrate is completely divorced from the
reality.

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
1 de out. de 2011, 18:27:5601/10/2011
para
On Oct 1, 6:20 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Akins of that Ilk <the_akins_of_ak...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:c1408495-91e4-449b...@d17g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Oct 1, 6:14 am, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >> Akins of that Ilk <the_akins_of_ak...@yahoo.com> wrote
> >> innews:cedca313-23
> > b4-4dd1-a76a-87bcebf81...@z12g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:
Akins heritage is primarily based upon a dodgy condom used by a
skanger alcoholic into the nefarious regions of a cocaine head

conway caine

não lida,
2 de out. de 2011, 11:31:1502/10/2011
para

"Harry Merrick" wrote in message
***Bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!

max.it

não lida,
2 de out. de 2011, 18:35:5102/10/2011
para
If I had to spell what I wanted for breakfast I would starve.
Bagun, oubh, toaist, agus tae dubh, agus bearla nauctpaper. I'd fuckn'
starve if I had to say it in Irish too!!
At least I learned some Irish from umpiring cricket matches.
I still can't spell - tah shay egg curr bawshtie agus fuckle.

max.it (the orange cage)

conway caine

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 09:38:2903/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e88dc8a...@news.btinternet.com...
**I've had Gaelic speakers assure me that the Gaelic is spelled
phonetically.
And if one has the keys to the kingdom, one can pronounce any word by how it
is spelled.
As to the Sassenach and their understanding of the language, why they can
just go feck off........

Harry Merrick

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 11:41:3903/10/2011
para
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:38:29 -0400, "conway caine"
I am sure that they would respond with "back to you!" Being far too
polite to use bad language!

Harry Merrick.

conway caine

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 12:00:4903/10/2011
para

"Harry Merrick" wrote in message
***Indeed so, Mister Merrick.
I've studied the mannerly ways of the *nglish for some time.
Why even at a fierce soccer match the worse one might hear is an occasional
"I say!!"

Harry Merrick

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 12:16:2603/10/2011
para
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:00:49 -0400, "conway caine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Harry Merrick" wrote in message
>
>On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:38:29 -0400, "conway caine"
><conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>I still can't spell - tah shay egg curr bawshtie agus fuckle.
>>
>>**I've had Gaelic speakers assure me that the Gaelic is spelled
>>phonetically.
>>And if one has the keys to the kingdom, one can pronounce any word by how
>>it
>>is spelled.
>>As to the Sassenach and their understanding of the language, why they can
>>just go feck off........
>
>I am sure that they would respond with "back to you!" Being far too
>polite to use bad language!
>
>***Indeed so, Mister Merrick.
>I've studied the mannerly ways of the *nglish for some time.
>Why even at a fierce soccer match the worse one might hear is an occasional
>"I say!!"

Goodness me! I say!!! You must go to very different matches than I do
then! LOL!!

Harry Merrick.

Custos Custodum

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 15:54:0503/10/2011
para
Harry Merrick <Home...@hotmail.com> wrote in
Aye, right!

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU>
(Not for the easily offended.)

And one of them a public schoolboy too!

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 16:31:2303/10/2011
para
On Oct 3, 8:54 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Harry Merrick <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:uqlj87h44eaj6n63m...@4ax.com:
The average *ngurlangers and their apeshit wannabe colonialists are
not particularly well refined in the matter of respectful
communication. I recall tales of my grandfather courting a lass from
Yorkshire who invited him to her home 2 up 2 down for cocao etc when a
disturbing cry belched by her mother upstairs beckoned loudly "Tracey
bring up shovel - yer da wants to shit". End of romance. Something's
never change.........

max.it

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 19:22:0403/10/2011
para
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:31:23 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 3, 8:54=A0pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> Harry Merrick <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:uqlj87h44eaj6n63m4f7bhk=
>clhu2...@4ax.com:

>> > I am sure that they would respond with "back to you!" Being far too
>> > polite to use bad language!
>>
>> Aye, right!
>>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjTifRi3qDkU>
>> (Not for the easily offended.)
>>
>> And one of them a public schoolboy too!
>
>The average *ngurlangers and their apeshit wannabe colonialists are
>not particularly well refined in the matter of respectful
>communication. I recall tales of my grandfather courting a lass from
>Yorkshire who invited him to her home 2 up 2 down for cocao etc when a
>disturbing cry belched by her mother upstairs beckoned loudly "Tracey
>bring up shovel - yer da wants to shit". End of romance. Something's
>never change.........

Tracey? Tu insint deesh. Did she meet with other Traceys and dance
around her handbag?

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
3 de out. de 2011, 19:42:3703/10/2011
para
On Oct 4, 12:22 am, max.it wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:31:23 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
>

> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 3, 8:54=A0pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >> Harry Merrick <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:uqlj87h44eaj6n63m4f7bhk=
> >clhu2lsd...@4ax.com:
No - not at all - Tracey's handbag contained melted Marsbars and the
ooze sent out the wrong message...

conway caine

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 10:51:2404/10/2011
para

"Harry Merrick" wrote in message
****Cricket then????

conway caine

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 10:52:5204/10/2011
para

"Custos Custodum" wrote in message
***I wasn't offended in the least.
I couldna' understand a mumbling word..........................

Harry Merrick

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 11:45:5804/10/2011
para
On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:51:24 -0400, "conway caine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Harry Merrick" wrote in message
>
>On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:00:49 -0400, "conway caine"
><conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>I am sure that they would respond with "back to you!" Being far too
>>polite to use bad language!
>>
>>***Indeed so, Mister Merrick.
>>I've studied the mannerly ways of the *nglish for some time.
>>Why even at a fierce soccer match the worse one might hear is an occasional
>>"I say!!"
>
>Goodness me! I say!!! You must go to very different matches than I do
>then! LOL!!
>
>****Cricket then????

HEH!! Cricket's gone the same way I hear. Ask Max!

Harry Merrick.

Custos Custodum

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 13:53:1504/10/2011
para
"conway caine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
How can that be? Most of them only had four letters.

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 17:44:5504/10/2011
para
On Oct 4, 6:53 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote innews:peudneCjAe1ZgBbT...@giganews.com:
>

> > "Custos Custodum"  wrote in message
>
> > Harry Merrick <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> >> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:38:29 -0400, "conway caine"
> >> <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Aye, right!
>
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU>
> > (Not for the easily offended.)
>
> > ***I wasn't offended in the least.
> > I couldna' understand a mumbling word..........................
>
> How can that be? Most of them only had four letters.
Your average *ngurlanger is very lucky to spell four letters so please
do not be so critical of the other fuckwits

max.it

não lida,
4 de out. de 2011, 17:59:2404/10/2011
para
I didn't hear a nick, and I didn't see a thing - not out!
Keeper (faggy wee mouthpiece) says 'that was a terrible decision'. The
wee fucker has form for frivolous appeals,and the quiet passing snide
comments. Anyway after a chat with my colleague (who was keen to
hang)I decided not to report the incident, and a couple of deliveries
later the wee runt got a bad bounce, under the lid and left him
needing stitches in his chin. Justice?
Nevertheless, I got a right bolloxing from Hi command for not
reporting the dissent. Umpires in the olden days were often armed with
cudgels.For at least two purposes. For driving livestock off the field
of play, and for dealing with mouthy wicketkeepers!

max.it (the orange cage)

conway caine

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 10:01:2905/10/2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:51:24 -0400, "conway caine"

>>***Indeed so, Mister Merrick.
>>I've studied the mannerly ways of the *nglish for some time.
>>Why even at a fierce soccer match the worse one might hear is an
>>occasional
>>"I say!!"
>
>Goodness me! I say!!! You must go to very different matches than I do
>then! LOL!!
>
>****Cricket then????

HEH!! Cricket's gone the same way I hear. Ask Max!

**Hurling, there's yer man.....................

conway caine

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 10:03:1805/10/2011

"conway caine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in

> (Not for the easily offended.)
>
> ***I wasn't offended in the least.
> I couldna' understand a mumbling word..........................

How can that be? Most of them only had four letters.

**Possibly so but it still remains they were embedded in a foreign language.

conway caine

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 10:06:3405/10/2011
para

"Feck all sassanaigh" wrote in message

On Oct 4, 6:53 pm, Custos Custodum <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote
> innews:peudneCjAe1ZgBbT...@giganews.com:
>
> > "Custos Custodum" wrote in message
>
> > Harry Merrick <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> > Aye, right!
>
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU>
> > (Not for the easily offended.)
>
> > ***I wasn't offended in the least.
> > I couldna' understand a mumbling word..........................
>
> How can that be? Most of them only had four letters.
Your average *ngurlanger is very lucky to spell four letters so please
do not be so critical of the other fuckwits

**Which reminds me, an interesting fact about the Gaelic is the absence of
swear words (except those on load from Berla)

conway caine

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 10:09:0005/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8b7fc2...@news.btinternet.com...
***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
mouthing obscenities?
How....unBritish.

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 11:29:2205/10/2011
para
On Oct 5, 3:09 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e8b7fc2...@news.btinternet.com...
>
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:45:58 +0100, Harry Merrick
>
> <Homes...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:51:24 -0400, "conway caine"
> ><conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >HEH!! Cricket's gone the same way I hear. Ask Max!
>
> >Harry Merrick.
>
> I didn't hear a nick, and I didn't see a thing - not out!
> Keeper (faggy wee mouthpiece) says 'that was a terrible decision'. The
> wee fucker has form for frivolous appeals,and the quiet passing snide
> comments. Anyway after a chat with my colleague (who was keen to
> hang)I decided not to report the incident, and a couple of deliveries
> later the wee runt got a bad bounce, under the lid and left him
> needing stitches in his chin. Justice?
> Nevertheless, I got a right bolloxing from Hi command for not
> reporting the dissent. Umpires in the olden days were often armed with
> cudgels.For at least two purposes. For driving livestock off the field
> of play, and for dealing with mouthy wicketkeepers!
>
> ***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
> mouthing obscenities?
> How....unBritish.

As one who played for Ireland in Sion Mills back in 1969 against the
until then victorious returning touring West Indies, I recall with
much hilarity the umpire scream "Balls out" whereupon one of our
member (still not sober) dropped his briefs to reveal his
manhood.......

max.it

não lida,
5 de out. de 2011, 14:51:2605/10/2011
para
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:09:00 -0400, "conway caine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8b7fc2...@news.btinternet.com...
>
>On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:45:58 +0100, Harry Merrick
><Home...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:51:24 -0400, "conway caine"
>><conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>>HEH!! Cricket's gone the same way I hear. Ask Max!
>>
>>Harry Merrick.
>
>I didn't hear a nick, and I didn't see a thing - not out!
>Keeper (faggy wee mouthpiece) says 'that was a terrible decision'. The
>wee fucker has form for frivolous appeals,and the quiet passing snide
>comments. Anyway after a chat with my colleague (who was keen to
>hang)I decided not to report the incident, and a couple of deliveries
>later the wee runt got a bad bounce, under the lid and left him
>needing stitches in his chin. Justice?
>Nevertheless, I got a right bolloxing from Hi command for not
>reporting the dissent. Umpires in the olden days were often armed with
>cudgels.For at least two purposes. For driving livestock off the field
>of play, and for dealing with mouthy wicketkeepers!
>
>***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
>mouthing obscenities?
>How....unBritish.

It has it's moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMmAbyqgSo

max.it (the orange cage)

conway caine

não lida,
6 de out. de 2011, 09:28:3606/10/2011

On Oct 5, 3:09 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e8b7fc2...@news.btinternet.com...
> ***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
> mouthing obscenities?
> How....unBritish.

As one who played for Ireland in Sion Mills back in 1969 against the
until then victorious returning touring West Indies, I recall with
much hilarity the umpire scream "Balls out" whereupon one of our
member (still not sober) dropped his briefs to reveal his
manhood.......

***Flaunting his natural endowments much to the envy and chagrin of the
pommies?
Good on him, I say!!!!!!!!!!!!

conway caine

não lida,
6 de out. de 2011, 09:30:1406/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8ca688...@news.btinternet.com...
**And him wearing a faceguard?
How in the heck did that happen??????

max.it

não lida,
6 de out. de 2011, 15:38:5206/10/2011
para
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:30:14 -0400, "conway caine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8ca688...@news.btinternet.com...
>
>On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:09:00 -0400, "conway caine"
><conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
>>mouthing obscenities?
>>How....unBritish.
>>

>It has it's moments.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMmAbyqgSo
>
>**And him wearing a faceguard?
>How in the heck did that happen??????

Think the ball hit the peak and forced the grille down into his top
teeth.

nasty knocks.
Shoaib played at Sion Mills or Eglinton in the north west Irish
cricket area, he was a young overseas pro at the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFzAgvwno0

More cricket head injuries come from the slow and spin bowlers.
Usually you would discard the helmet for the slow pace and wear the
sun hat, and then promptly top edge or glove a sweep shot into your
own face.However, these injuries seem to have been less common in the
days before helmets became part of normal cricket kit.
Two of my umpire colleagues have been badly hit while officiating.
From the bat to the umpire's head is about 0.4 of a second away.

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
6 de out. de 2011, 19:36:2106/10/2011
para
On Oct 6, 8:38 pm, max.it wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:30:14 -0400, "conway caine"
>

> <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >"max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e8ca688...@news.btinternet.com...
>
> >On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:09:00 -0400, "conway caine"
> ><conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >>***Prancing about the field of play in their natty whites, all the while
> >>mouthing obscenities?
> >>How....unBritish.
>
> >It has it's moments.
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMmAbyqgSo
>
> >**And him wearing a faceguard?
> >How in  the heck did that happen??????
>
> Think the ball hit the peak and forced the grille down into his top
> teeth.
>
> nasty knocks.
> Shoaib played at Sion Mills or Eglinton in the north west Irish
> cricket area, he was a young overseas pro at the time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFzAgvwno0
>
> More cricket head injuries come from the slow and spin bowlers.
> Usually you would discard the helmet for the slow pace and wear the
> sun hat, and then promptly top edge or glove a sweep shot into your
> own face.However, these injuries seem to have been less common in the
> days before helmets became part of normal cricket kit.
> Two of my umpire colleagues have been badly hit while officiating.
> From the bat to the umpire's head is about 0.4 of a second away.
>
> max.it (the orange cage)

Umpires should of course wear protective headgear especially as they
are static at bowling time concentrating on the flight of the bowl.
An outfield player is by contrast drifting in accordance with the
anticipated delivery and thus not at the same risk level. Feck

conway caine

não lida,
7 de out. de 2011, 10:12:5307/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8dfbb5...@news.btinternet.com...
**Our umpires are armored from head to foot.

max.it

não lida,
7 de out. de 2011, 10:40:2207/10/2011
para
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:12:53 -0400, "conway caine"
Last time I remember reports of an umpire being killed by a ball,was
from a throw by a fielder.
Rule 1. Watch the ball!!

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
7 de out. de 2011, 18:18:1907/10/2011
para
On Oct 7, 3:40 pm, max.it wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:12:53 -0400, "conway caine"
>

> <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >"max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e8dfbb5...@news.btinternet.com...
Lads we have gone somewhat off-topic.

Would McGuinness make a good batsman?

Feck

max.it

não lida,
7 de out. de 2011, 19:55:2607/10/2011
para
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 7, 3:40=A0pm, max.it wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:12:53 -0400, "conway caine"
>>

>> <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e8dfbb5...@news.btinternet.com...

>> >Think the ball hit the peak and forced the grille down into his top
>> >teeth.
>>
>> >nasty knocks.
>> >Shoaib played at Sion Mills or Eglinton in the north west Irish
>> >cricket area, he was a young overseas pro at the time.
>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DvTFzAgvwno0
>>
>> >More cricket head injuries come from the slow and spin bowlers.
>> >Usually you would discard the helmet for the slow pace and wear the
>> >sun hat, and then promptly top edge or glove a sweep shot into your
>> >own face.However, these injuries seem to have been less common in the
>> >days before helmets became part of normal cricket kit.
>> >Two of my umpire colleagues have been badly hit while officiating.
>> >From the bat to the umpire's head is about 0.4 of a second away.
>>
>> >**Our umpires are armored from head to foot.
>>
>> Last time I remember reports of an umpire being killed by a ball,was
>> from a throw by a fielder.
>> Rule 1. Watch the ball!!
>>
>> max.it (the orange cage)
>
>Lads we have gone somewhat off-topic.
>
>Would McGuinness make a good batsman?
>
>Feck

There was a piccie in the paper few years ago. Can't remember if it
was McGuinness or Maskey. Outside city hall batting for the camera.
John Hume was a decent batsman, and a good left arm spinner too.
.
During ww2 the pavillion at Phoenix was bombed by mistake by Hilter's
crowd. As a neutral country the Irish government claimed damages from
Germany, and recieved compensation. 300 odds quids or punts for a new
hut.

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
8 de out. de 2011, 06:58:0208/10/2011
para
I was given the honour of checking the application of Galway County
Cricket Club (honorary life member) as Gaeilge (in Gaelic) for a
€100,000 grant application to Udaras na Gaeltachta for improvements to
it's pavilion, Newcastle Run and general facilities. One of my
favourite accolades. Great to see Gaelic signage at a cricket club for
all concerned and a fantastic riposte to sectarian bigots everywhere.

Feck

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
8 de out. de 2011, 06:59:4108/10/2011
para

What of the non sectarian participation of Dawn Purvis at the Poc Fada
in Stormont?
Feck

conway caine

não lida,
8 de out. de 2011, 10:17:4708/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8f0ed1...@news.btinternet.com...

***I'm telling you, head to toe armor is yer man..............

max.it

não lida,
8 de out. de 2011, 17:03:1008/10/2011
para
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 03:59:41 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 8, 12:55=A0am, max.it wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
>>

>> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>.

About 20 years ago I was heading for Sligo for the 12th July Jazz
festival. On the way there I spotted a large crowd of hurlers. They
weren't playing a proper game, they seemed to be chasing the ball down
and first man to the ball got to whack it. Then they would all hare
after it again. Like some kind of hurling point to point race.

max.it (the orange cage)

max.it

não lida,
8 de out. de 2011, 17:17:4808/10/2011
para
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 10:17:47 -0400, "conway caine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"max.it" wrote in message news:4e8f0ed1...@news.btinternet.com...
>
>On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:12:53 -0400, "conway caine"
><conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>More cricket head injuries come from the slow and spin bowlers.
>>Usually you would discard the helmet for the slow pace and wear the
>>sun hat, and then promptly top edge or glove a sweep shot into your
>>own face.However, these injuries seem to have been less common in the
>>days before helmets became part of normal cricket kit.
>>Two of my umpire colleagues have been badly hit while officiating.
>>From the bat to the umpire's head is about 0.4 of a second away.
>>
>>**Our umpires are armored from head to foot.
>>

>Last time I remember reports of an umpire being killed by a ball,was
>from a throw by a fielder.
>Rule 1. Watch the ball!!
>
>***I'm telling you, head to toe armor is yer man..............

You have to move around too much for all that packing.
Typical 50 overs game (7 hours) the umpires can travel around 3 or
more kilometres. Everyone thinks cricket umpires just stand there in
the same place all day.You only have to be in the right place 600
times in a one day limited match.

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
9 de out. de 2011, 17:30:2109/10/2011
para
Poc fad (the long puck) - your description fits

Feck

max.it

não lida,
9 de out. de 2011, 19:07:1109/10/2011
para
On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 14:30:21 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 8, 10:03=A0pm, max.it wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 03:59:41 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
>>

>> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>m..=3D
>> >.

>the

Cool, I could play that game.

Here's something I've never been able to figure out. Early 80's on
haloday in Douglas, a building connected to some brewers, with a yard
outside and a low wall. These guys came out into the yard and paraded
around in a spiral sort of arrangement. They all looked like Mr Ben. A
good few people had gathered waiting on this to happen. I just noticed
it was going on and watched. I remembered my oul Granny saying, if you
think orangemen are wierd, watch some Morris dancers.

max.it (the orange cage)

conway caine

não lida,
10 de out. de 2011, 11:59:2910/10/2011
para

"max.it" wrote in message news:4e90b916...@news.btinternet.com...

About 20 years ago I was heading for Sligo for the 12th July Jazz
festival. On the way there I spotted a large crowd of hurlers. They
weren't playing a proper game, they seemed to be chasing the ball down
and first man to the ball got to whack it. Then they would all hare
after it again. Like some kind of hurling point to point race.

**Reminds me of that road game that was once popular in Ireland.
I seem to remember them tossing stones down a public road

Whack all imperialists

não lida,
10 de out. de 2011, 14:10:2110/10/2011
para
On Oct 10, 4:59 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e90b916...@news.btinternet.com...

Bowling - pronounced boughling - not stones but rather metal balls.
Derives from pastimes of soldiery using the tossing of cannon balls
along roadways from a to b in the shortest number of throws. Popular
in Cork and Armagh.
Feck

max.it

não lida,
10 de out. de 2011, 18:07:1610/10/2011
para
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:10:21 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:
They still play a bit of that around here (Co Armagh), and old
fashioned skittles too. Handball is popular around Lurgan.

ma.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
11 de out. de 2011, 07:27:2511/10/2011
para

The future Uachtaran Mairtin was a dab hand at handball - wasn't that
bad at tossing the odd grenade....

conway caine

não lida,
11 de out. de 2011, 13:31:4611/10/2011
para

"Whack all imperialists" wrote in message

On Oct 10, 4:59 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e90b916...@news.btinternet.com...
>

> **Reminds me of that road game that was once popular in Ireland.
> I seem to remember them tossing stones down a public road

Bowling - pronounced boughling - not stones but rather metal balls.
Derives from pastimes of soldiery using the tossing of cannon balls
along roadways from a to b in the shortest number of throws. Popular
in Cork and Armagh.
Feck

***That brought it all back.
They could even curl the ball around curves in the road.
An amazing exhibit, so it was.

Whack all imperialists

não lida,
11 de out. de 2011, 17:59:4211/10/2011
para
On Oct 11, 6:31 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Whack all imperialists"  wrote in messagenews:651ef30b-45ea-4a98...@t4g2000vby.googlegroups.com...
Main task is to hop the ball airways just prior to curvatures so as
straighten the line of attack..Feck

max.it

não lida,
11 de out. de 2011, 19:43:0611/10/2011
para
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:59:42 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 11, 6:31=A0pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Whack all imperialists" =A0wrote in messagenews:651ef30b-45ea-4a98-99fe-=
>5fd120...@t4g2000vby.googlegroups.com...

>> On Oct 10, 4:59 pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> > "max.it" wrote in messagenews:4e90b916...@news.btinternet.com...
>>
>> > **Reminds me of that road game that was once popular in Ireland.
>> > I seem to remember them tossing stones down a public road
>>
>> Bowling - pronounced boughling - not stones but rather metal balls.
>> Derives from pastimes of soldiery using the tossing of cannon balls
>> along roadways from a to b in the shortest number of throws. Popular
>> in Cork and Armagh.
>> Feck
>>
>> ***That brought it all back.
>> They could even curl the ball around curves in the road.
>> An amazing exhibit, so it was.
>
>Main task is to hop the ball airways just prior to curvatures so as
>straighten the line of attack..Feck

Like Boyd Rankin bowling? Looks like a leaver, then it pitches and
seams and breaks your ribs or thumbs - at high velocity.

Bowling on the roads technique is not a lot different than the old
cricket lob bowlers (when underarm bowling was permitted). Kind of a
leg spin action fingers and wrist.
It was the girlies who invented proper overarm bowling, they couldn't
bowl underarm because they got tangled in the skirt.

max.it (the orange cage)

max.it

não lida,
11 de out. de 2011, 19:50:1811/10/2011
para
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 04:27:25 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 10, 11:07=A0pm, max.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:10:21 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
>>

>> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >On Oct 10, 4:59=3DA0pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote=
>:

>> >Bowling - pronounced boughling - not stones but rather metal balls.
>> >Derives from pastimes of soldiery using the tossing of cannon balls
>> >along roadways from a to b in the shortest number of throws. Popular
>> >in Cork and Armagh.
>> >Feck
>>
>> They still play a bit of that around here (Co Armagh), and old
>> fashioned skittles too. Handball is popular around Lurgan.
>>
>> ma.it (the orange cage)
>
>The future Uachtaran Mairtin was a dab hand at handball - wasn't that
>bad at tossing the odd grenade....

That's because he can't count the fuse, and had to get rid of the
banger as quickly as he could. What comes after eh, em. two -- shit I
lost count-- Boom.

Do you think he will win the election?
He certainly is the shining light in a bunch of misfit canditates.

max.it (the orange cage)

Whack all imperialists

não lida,
12 de out. de 2011, 07:03:4512/10/2011
para
On Oct 12, 12:43 am, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:59:42 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
>

> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 11, 6:31=A0pm, "conway caine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >> "Whack all imperialists" =A0wrote in messagenews:651ef30b-45ea-4a98-99fe-=
> >5fd120e10...@t4g2000vby.googlegroups.com...

> >> Bowling - pronounced boughling - not stones but rather metal balls.
> >> Derives from pastimes of soldiery using the tossing of cannon balls
> >> along roadways from a to b in the shortest number of throws. Popular
> >> in Cork and Armagh.
> >> Feck
>
> >> ***That brought it all back.
> >> They could even curl the ball around curves in the road.
> >> An amazing exhibit, so it was.
>
> >Main task is to hop the ball airways just prior to curvatures so as
> >straighten the line of attack..Feck
>
> Like Boyd Rankin bowling? Looks like a leaver, then it pitches and
> seams and breaks your ribs or thumbs - at high velocity.
>
> Bowling on the roads technique is not a lot different than the old
> cricket lob bowlers (when underarm bowling was permitted). Kind of a
> leg spin action fingers and wrist.
> It was the girlies who invented proper overarm bowling, they couldn't
> bowl underarm because they got tangled in the skirt.
>
> max.it (the orange cage)
Tits Max - not skirts Feck

Whack all imperialists

não lida,
12 de out. de 2011, 07:06:0912/10/2011
para
On Oct 12, 12:50 am, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 04:27:25 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh

He will win unless the Irish want a leprechaun or an X Factor
fuc*wit....

max.it

não lida,
12 de out. de 2011, 16:57:0012/10/2011
para
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:06:09 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 12, 12:50=A0am, max.it wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 04:27:25 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
>>

>> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>wrote=3D
>> >:

>own

>> >The future Uachtaran Mairtin was a dab hand at handball - wasn't that
>> >bad at tossing the odd grenade....
>>
>> That's because he can't count the fuse, and had to get rid of the
>> banger as quickly as he could. What comes after eh, em. two -- shit I
>> lost count-- Boom.
>>
>> Do you think he will win the election?
>> He certainly is the shining light in a bunch of misfit canditates.
>>
>> max.it (the orange cage)
>
>He will win unless the Irish want a leprechaun or an X Factor
>fuc*wit....

If he doesn't win we'll be stuck with O'Dowd. Not to say O'Dowd is not
good, just he's an unlikeable ballbag, but he seems to be more in
touch with loyalists and unionists than Loyalists and Unionists have
realised so far.

O'Dowd name always reminds me of the drug squad guy, blown up in
Newry, He was sound, his sidekick was Ivy Kelly, I think she was
killed in the same attack (portable canteen), she was a complete cow.
I was scooped by her and another cunt called McClean. Kelly left the
room and McClean conducted the strip search. Kelly returned when I was
in my socks and underpants. Get dressed you can go. I said that I
hadn't been properly searched yet, and when she asked 'how so'? I
dropped the kaks, bent over and spread the ass cheeks, and told her
nobody looked up here - fuckn' cow. Funny as fuck, even the 'silent
uniform' in the corner started to snigger.
Couple of weeks later McClean was back in uniform. I heard the old
police cortina behind me and the cunts getting out. You know searched
at gunpoint on the street. Less than a minute he had figured me out.
'Didn't I scoop you a couple of weeks ago'? The memory must have
flooded back, because he just grunted and let me go. Better still, I
was walking past the police station one Saturday morning. There was
McClean and his clipboard organising his troops. Someone had wriiten
baldy in chalk on his flak jacket. Just where they were standing,
there was a big lump of hash on the ground. My wife wouldn't let me
pick it up, but I went back later with my mate and it was still there.
Red Leb,with the hash cloth still on it. Turned out a local guy was
being scooped the previous night and he dropped it as he entered the
station. It came the whole way from Lebanon up his brother's ass. Good
oul toke too it was. We held on to the roachies and butts and put them
in a bag with a note. Then we flung it over fence at the police
station. Dear DS 1981 is coming and we're watching you.

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
12 de out. de 2011, 19:59:4612/10/2011
para

Friend if I take this liberty - and I probably am from a completely
different political perspective - for your sake let it pass. You are
too honest and have shared way too much. Police corruption is taken by
all decent people as a given. Quel surprise? Dear DS 1981 could put a
lot of his pals on your case to ruin not just you but all the good
folk for whom you care. Do the math and whereas I am a republican
PROUD PROD (well actually a Huguenot) who will gladly fight to the
death to rid Ireland of parasitic scabbish sickbags, be careful. He is
watching you! Feck

max.it

não lida,
13 de out. de 2011, 03:01:0013/10/2011
para
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh
<seam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 12, 9:57=A0pm, max.it wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:06:09 -0700 (PDT), Whack all imperialists
>>

>> <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>net> =3D
>> >wrote=3D3D
>com=3D

>hey
>l d=3D
>> >own

>are

>.

Don't be paranoid.

max.it (the orange cage)

Feck all sassanaigh

não lida,
13 de out. de 2011, 19:42:1813/10/2011
para
On Oct 13, 8:01 am, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Feck all sassanaigh

Your card has been marked - RUC scum are still at large. They have not
gone anyway you know.....Feck

0 nova mensagem