Help : Details of a Song

Sridhar Gundachar

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

Today I was trying to remember a great song which I liked !!

Ega sadyakke nanna hathra adu ella..
Ee Hadu

yella marethiruvaga ella sallada nevavu , mudi baralidey matthey haLeya nenapu....

I was able to recollect only this much. Does any one have the details of this song. Has it been
in any of the movies.

vandanegalu,

Sridhar

Venkatesha Prasad

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

That song is from Nissar Ahamed's collection Nityotsava. A very nice
song.
I think jayashri has rendered that in the cassete of the same name
directed
by Mysore-u Ananta Swamy, which has many more good songs like kurigaLu
saar kurigaLu,beNNe kadda namma krishna, nADa dEviye kanDe ninna
maDilalli yentha
drushya,jOgada siri bELakinalli,... My favourite song in that collection
is "nee nuDiyadiralEnu, bayalAgihudu yella kaNNanchinA koneya
bhavadalii".
The song you are refering to is -

yella marethiruvaga ella sallada nevavu

hooDi baradiru matthey haLeya nenape
kallinadadi biddu, tiLiyaada yedegoLava
raaDi goLisadiru, nee madhura nenape~~
Cheers,
-Venkat
Venkatesha Prasad

Ph (0): 214-684-5454
(R): 403-574-2647
ESN : 6-444-5454

C. P. Ravikumar

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Venkatesha Prasad <ven...@bnr.ca> writes:

>The song you are refering to is -
>yella marethiruvaga ella sallada nevavu
>hooDi baradiru matthey haLeya nenape
>kallinadadi biddu, tiLiyaada yedegoLava
>raaDi goLisadiru, nee madhura nenape~~

Some minor corrections :
That should be "illa sallada" and "neva-va" on the first line.
"kallinandadi" in the third line.

Here is an attempt to translate the above lines. I don't have
the full text to attempt a complete translation. Venkatesh or
Mahesh, do you have it?

When all is forgotten, do not come barging in
making lame excuses, my old memories!
Like a rock falling into a clear lake, do not rake
the muddy waters beneath my heart's peace.

Nararhari Laksbminarayana

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
to sgun...@ccmail.uhc.com
No, I dont think its in any movie. I have the song.

It is by Nizar Ahmed. Nityotsave is the casette name.

Ella Mare thiru vaga illa sallada nevava kudi bara diru matte haleya nenape
sangati ittu tilayaada radi golisuve yeke madhura nenapa......

Nimga bekadare nana ge odu personal mail kalisi.

Vandanegalu
Narahari

C. P. Ravikumar

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

No offense, Narahari, but before posting a reply, it is better to see
if others have replied to the original. In this case, Venkatesh
Prasad has answered the question. We wouldn't mind a second
answer if it is better in some way. But the "kannaDada kole"
in your reply prompted me to write this. Do you split words
like "maretiruvaga" and "nana ge" when you write Kannada? Also, the poet's
first name is not "Nizar" and the name of the cassette is
not "Nityotsave". If you think these are "minor" mistakes
and are not worth pointing out, how will you feel if someone
says "The presi dent of Micro soft is one Mr. William Bates?"

I am sorry if I sound like a disciplinarian. But unless we
Kannadigas take Kannada seriously, who else will?

Sorry for being a pain,

Regards,

Ravikumar

Padmanabha Holla

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
C. P. Ravikumar (rku...@poisson.usc.edu) wrote:

: I am sorry if I sound like a disciplinarian. But unless we

: Kannadigas take Kannada seriously, who else will?

In my humble opinion, that was not a question of taking "Kannada"
seriously. It is about transliteration. This person might be good at
Kannada, but not good at transliterating. You might say, if so,
do not transliterate. On a situation like 3-4 artilces per day
on SCIK, that is quite discouraging.

: Sorry for being a pain,

"Basuru madibittu 'sorry' kELidre basuru hogalla"

( - I could not resist saying this, something I heard before. ;-) )

--
<> /> _/>/> Knowingly, I didn't do any mistakes in this article.
___/_/ _ / / _ If you find something wrong, it is not _MY_ mistake.

C. P. Ravikumar

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
ho...@shore.net writes:

>In my humble opinion, that was not a question of taking "Kannada"
>seriously. It is about transliteration. This person might be good at
>Kannada, but not good at transliterating. You might say, if so,
>do not transliterate. On a situation like 3-4 artilces per day
>on SCIK, that is quite discouraging.

In my equally humble opinion, if someone takes the time to
appropriately transliterate Kannada before posting it, he/she
is taking Kannada seriously. I also think the converse
is true.

Come now, Holla, transliteration is not such a great art form!
At least not for all the software professionals who seem to
dominate this newsgroup!

> "Basuru madibittu 'sorry' kELidre basuru hogalla"

Gee, now for some cliches.

Ravikumar

Mahesh Rao

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
to rku...@poisson.usc.edu
namaskAra !

C. P. Ravikumar wrote:
> Here is an attempt to translate the above lines. I don't have
> the full text to attempt a complete translation. Venkatesh or
> Mahesh, do you have it?

bartA ide sAr !! innu nIvu bhAShAntarisabahudu !

Music : musUru anantaswAmy
Voice : jayashrI
Collection : nityOtsava
Poet : nissAr ahmad

ella maretiruvAga illa sallada nevava hUDi baradiru mattE haLeya nenapE
kallinandadi biddu tiLiyAda edegoLava rADigoLisuveyEke madhura nenapE

kappukaNNina diTTa nOTadale taDamADi toTTabANada hAge bAradiru nenapE
birida tuTigaLa tumbu nageya kAraNavalli hiridu kollalu baLige sAradiru nenapE

satta bhUtavanetti hasirandadi tandu nanna manadangaLake hAkadiru nenapE
bhavya bhavitavyakke moga mADi nintiruve bendalli iLiyadiru O chenna nenapE

PS : There was a lot of echo for this song and the quality of my copy (being very
old) was not very good. Inspite, I hope I have done justice to the poet.
Corrections, if any, are welcome.

As a consolation here are more details (as found in the inlay card of nityOtsava) :

(Some) Achievements of shrI nissAr ahmad :

1. Wrote over 20 books
2. Soviet Land Nehru International Award
3. NCERT National Award
4. President of karnATaka sAhitya academy for 3 years
5. Member of Central Board of Certification (Censor)
6. RajyOtsava Award (1981)
7. Participated twice in National Poet's meet at New Delhi
8. Member of AIR Advisory Board
9. Member of Regional Language Implementation Committee
10. Member of Border Advisory Committee

nitOtsava was the first ever kannaDa cassette of song lyrics (1978).
It was presented by IBH prakAshana.

Mahesh H Rao (614)798-1358 (H)
6131, O'Sweeney Lane, (614)761-7314 (O)
Dublin, OH - 43016 hma...@idi.oclc.org