Metaxa...

melissa

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
Thanks.

Melissa

Viron

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

There are a lot of recipes that use brandy as an ingredient. Here is one
I chose. I will post a few others later.
Just do not be carried away by reading this Ng and let it burned(G).

Bon Appetit!!!

Viron

Aromatic Duck

Ingredients (4 servings)

1 Duckling
2 ts Peppercorns
1 ts Thyme, whole dried
2 Bay leaf; crumbled
6 Cloves
1 tb Kosher salt
1 tb Sugar, brown
1 tb Brandy
1 Garlic clove
5 Red cabbage leaves

Instructions

Cut off the wingtips from the duck and wrap them up with the giblets for
making stock. Pull out and discard any loose interior fat. Rinse the
duck inside and out and pat dry, inside and out. Mix together in a
spice mill or mortar the peppercorns, thyme, bay leaves, cloves and
salt. Grind to a fine texture. Combine in a small dish with the brown
sugar and brandy. Place the duck in a heavy plastic bag that fits
snugly. Rub half the spice mixture inside the duck and the remaining
half over the outside. Place the garlic in the duck's cavity. Close the
bag tightly and refrigerate 24 hours, rubbing the surface and squeezing
in the spices occasionally.
Remove the duck from the bag and gently pat it dry. Set it on a cake
rack over a plate and return it, uncovered, to the refrigerator for
another 24 hours or so, turning it once. Pat the duck to dry it
thoroughly (if not already dry) and let it come to room temperature (at
least two hours). Preheat the oven to 300. Using a large needle and
white cotton thread, sew closed the neck and tail openings. Place the
duck on its side on a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast the duck for 45
minutes. With the needle, prick the fatty parts on the upper side; do
not prick deeply enough to pierce the flesh. Grab the duck by the legs
and turn it over onto the other side. Increase the oven temperature to
350 and roast 30 minutes. Price the fatty parts on the upturned side
and then turn the duck onto its breast. Increase the heat to 400 and
roast about 30 minutes longer, or until the duck is deeply browned and
most of the fat has melted away.
Remove from the oven and let cool 1 to 3 hours before serving. To serve:
Using a heavy cleaver or poultry shears, cut through flesh and bone of
the duck carefully to make about 12 to 14 serving pieces, keeping the
skin neatly intact on each piece. Spread the cabbage leaves over a
platter, shallow basket or wooden bowl and arrange the duck on them.
If the duck is to be served hot, arrange the cut pieces in a pan in a
single layer, cut side down, and roast in a preheated 350 oven 15
minutes.

kali...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
In article <35CF9B...@dejavue.com>,

melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
> Thanks.
>
> Melissa

I know it's a bit early but how about Vassilopitta for 1999??? Also very nice
poured over fresh strawberries and makes a delicious for a marinade for prawns
to roast over the barbecue.

Better still in its unadulterated form - straight; especially in the bitter
cold of 3enitia!

Yia Sas

M.

kali...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
In article <35CF9B...@dejavue.com>,
melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
> Thanks.
>
> Melissa

I know it's a bit early but how about Vassilopitta for 1999??? Also very nice
poured over fresh strawberries and makes a delicious marinade for prawns

melissa

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
Viron wrote:

> There are a lot of recipes that use brandy as an ingredient. Here is one
> I chose. I will post a few others later.
> Just do not be carried away by reading this Ng and let it burned(G).
>
> Bon Appetit!!!
>
> Viron
>
> Aromatic Duck
>
> Ingredients (4 servings)
>
> 1 Duckling
> 2 ts Peppercorns
> 1 ts Thyme, whole dried
> 2 Bay leaf; crumbled
> 6 Cloves
> 1 tb Kosher salt
> 1 tb Sugar, brown
> 1 tb Brandy
> 1 Garlic clove
> 5 Red cabbage leaves

(see original reply post for instructions)

This is a very puzzling recipe. Only the salt has
to be kosher? I only use the International Awards
winner sea salt by "Kallas". Do you think it would
taste different? But only one tablespoon Brandy?
If I burn the duck, I can't even blame it on the
Brandy...

BTW, I'd be very cautious about this recipe being
for four servings. Don't do what I did once. I
prepared one duck for four people and it was very
embarrassing because by the time it was ready, there
wasn't enough meat left for four but had enough fat in
the pan to make a nice side dish of pate de foie gras...

Melissa

Toxotis

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:19:17 -0400, melissa <mel...@dejavue.com>
wrote:

>Viron wrote:
>>
>> There are a lot of recipes that use brandy as an ingredient. Here is one
>> I chose. I will post a few others later.
>> Just do not be carried away by reading this Ng and let it burned(G).
>>
>> Bon Appetit!!!
>>
>> Viron
>>
>> Aromatic Duck
>>
>> Ingredients (4 servings)
>>
>> 1 Duckling
>> 2 ts Peppercorns
>> 1 ts Thyme, whole dried
>> 2 Bay leaf; crumbled
>> 6 Cloves
>> 1 tb Kosher salt
>> 1 tb Sugar, brown
>> 1 tb Brandy
>> 1 Garlic clove
>> 5 Red cabbage leaves
>
>(see original reply post for instructions)
>

>Melissa
As I was reading, I started salivating until I got to "red
cabbage" ... Yack! :-(((
How about some small onions instead?

Have a nice day,
Toxotis

H ELLAS EDIDAKSE KAI DIDASKEI

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
melissa wrote:

> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
> Thanks.
>
> Melissa

Melisa ,Metaxas was a criminal 100% Do you know what he did to the
Macedonians?
Ilinden

Megas Alexandros

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
hey little fyromian ilinden.... (=kathiki)

nobody cares about fyrom and what happened with 'em.......

Megas Alexandros

Viron

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

YES!!! This is the true Ilinden!!!

Only he (or it ? ) could relate those two things.

Viron

Viron

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Melissa
> >
> I know it's a bit early but how about Vassilopitta for 1999??? Also very nice
> poured over fresh strawberries and makes a delicious for a marinade for prawns

> to roast over the barbecue.
>
> Better still in its unadulterated form - straight; especially in the bitter
> cold of 3enitia!
>
> Yia Sas
>
> M.

Well, although I do not have a recipe of Vassilopita with Brandy, here
is one.

And BTW, Happy New Year 1999!!! :-))

Viron

Vasilopita (New Year Bread)

Ingredients (1 servings)

Karen Mintzias
1 pk Active dry yeast
3/4 c Milk; lukewarm
3 Eggs; beaten
1 1/2 ts Grated orange rind
3/4 c Caster sugar
4 1/2 c Plain flour
1/4 ts Salt
1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
1/4 ts Ground masticha
1/2 c Butter; melted
1 Egg; for glazing
Blanched split almonds

Instructions

New Year Bread is traditionally cut at midnight on New Year's Eve. After
baking, a coin is inserted through a slit in the base. The person who
finds the coin will have luck in the New Year. Long ago the coin used
to be a gold one, then later a silver coin was used. These could be
incorporated into the dough before baking. Nowadays because of the
nickel content of coins it is undesirable to bake a coin in the cake.

Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of the milk. Add remainder of milk, eggs,
orange rind and sugar. Sift 3 cups flour, salt and spice into a warm
bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in yeast mixture and stir to
blend in flour, gradually adding warm melted butter. Mix dough with
hands until it comes away from sides. Turn on to a floured surface and
knead until smooth and elastic, adding remaining flour as required.
Knead for 10 minutes. Place ball of dough in a clean bowl brushed with
melted butter. Turn dough over to coat top with butter and cover
bowl with a cloth or plastic wrap. Leav to prove (rise) in a warm place
until doubled in bulk.
Punch down and turn on to lightly floured surface. Knead lightly and
shape into a round loaf.
Place on a large greased baking sheet or in a greased 25 cm (10 inch)
deep cake tin. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled - about
1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Glaze with well-beaten egg and arrange blanched almonds in numbers to
denote the New Year, pressing in lightly. Bake in a moderately hot oven
for 45 minutes until golden brown and cooked when tested. If bread
browns too quickly place a piece of greased brown paper on top. Cool on
a wire rack.

Agamemnon

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

ili...@sympatico.ca wrote in message <35D09A...@sympatico.ca>...

>melissa wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Melissa
>
>Melisa ,Metaxas was a criminal 100% Do you know what he did to the
>Macedonians?

Get stuffed ILLinden.

Someone please suggest a nice recipe for something to stuff ILLinden
with

melissa

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
ili...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Melisa ,Metaxas was a criminal 100% Do you know what he did to the
> Macedonians?
> Ilinden

Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
<hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
happy to live in Canada, far from Makedonia.
<hick> Gia sou!

BTW, Melissa is spelled with double "s", like in
Mississipi. Have you heard an Italian spell
Mississipi?

Melissa

Viron

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

Ok then. Here's another one which has onions in it. I hope you will like
it. :-))

I am sure it will also make our Hungarian friend here happy too.

Right Krisztina ? :-)))

Viron

Hungarian Brandy Beef Goulash

Ingredients (6 servings)

3 lb Beef, first cut of the
Round or stew meat, cut in
1" cubes
2 1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
2 tb Paprika
2 tb Shortening,half butter
2 1/2 c Onion, cut into 1 1/2"
Chunks
3/4 c Brandy
1 cn (10 1/2 oz) beef consomme
3/4 ts Marjoram,crumbled
3/4 ts Caraway seeds
1 1/2 tb Cornstarch

Instructions

Toss beef with salt,pepper and paprika until coated.Heat shortening in
large skillet or Dutch oven.Add meat;brown well over moderately hot
heat.Stir in onions;cook 5 minutes.Remove from heat.Add 1/4 cup brandy;
ignite.When flames die out,return to heat.Stir in consomme.Cover
tightly;simmer until meat is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.Add marjoram and
caraway;cook 10 minutes.Blend cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup brandy.
Stir into stew.Simmer,stirring until liquid clears and thickens.

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

Hey you little FTCOG! Urinal nobody cares about the Albanogreeks!
Because you are #1 prevaricator!
Ilinden

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

Hi,Melisa if I spell your name with two ss in Greek means Bee or in
Macedonian pccela.
Regards,Ilinden

OpaTennant

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
Melissa asked in message:
><35CF9B...@dejavue.com>

>Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
>Thanks.

You can use Metaxa in almost any recipe that requires brandy, since Metaxa is a
form of brandy. Given the cost, however, I would only usually it in recipes
calling for good brandy. Beware though, as each brandy has its own unique taste
and will affect your recipe accordingly.

Krisztina

Agamemnon

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

ili...@sympatico.ca wrote in message <35D129...@sympatico.ca>...

I have the suspicion that ILLinden is one of those computer programs
designed to make itself sound like a human.

A couple of years ago they did this on "Tomorrow's World" where 3
computers and 1 human answered questions put to them and the audience
had to guess which was the human.

I think that ILLinden is one of these computers.

Agamemnon

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

ili...@sympatico.ca wrote in message <35D12A...@sympatico.ca>...

And of cause you are saying that Melissa in the Macedonian dialect is
Pccela in your BULGARIAN dialect

>Regards,Ilinden

Agamemnon

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98

Viron wrote in message <35D0B0...@ath.forthnet.gr>...

>kali...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> In article <35CF9B...@dejavue.com>,
>> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> wrote:
>> > Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Melissa
>> >
>> I know it's a bit early but how about Vassilopitta for 1999??? Also
very nice
>> poured over fresh strawberries and makes a delicious for a marinade
for prawns
>> to roast over the barbecue.
>>
>> Better still in its unadulterated form - straight; especially in the
bitter
>> cold of 3enitia!
>>
>> Yia Sas
>>
>> M.

==-----
>> http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member
Forum

>Well, although I do not have a recipe of Vassilopita with Brandy, here
>is one.
>
>And BTW, Happy New Year 1999!!! :-))
>

>Viron

talking about the next millennium;

Ftanoume sto dio hiliades
sti sunteleia tou kosmou
pou isos gkremistoun ta panta
isos er8ei ki o hamos mou

Me rotas loipon pos nio8o
me rotas poso fovamai
ma ego sou apantao
pos de fovamai
giati eho esena kai de fovamai

Nai o, ti ki an ginei atou kosmo auto
8a m' agkaliaseis kai 8a so8o
ki an er8oun polemoi kai seismoi
8a me glitoseis m' ena fili
ki an er8ei pali kataklusmos
8a 'sai gia mena i kivotos

Ftanoume sto dio hiliades
pou ola lene 8a teleiosoun
pou oloi tote 8a kri8oune
kai gia ola 8a plirosoun

(kivotos: Stihoi; Foivos, apo to CD Euais8isies tis Kaiti Garmpis)

Magda

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:31:55 +0100, "Agamemnon"
<argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

| >melissa wrote:
| >>
| >> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
| >> Thanks.
| >>
| >> Melissa
| >

| >Melisa ,Metaxas was a criminal 100% Do you know what he did to the
| >Macedonians?
|

| Get stuffed ILLinden.
|
| Someone please suggest a nice recipe for something to stuff ILLinden
| with

Are you kidding ? It would poison and maybe kill the guests - or worse,
contaminate them with some *ideas*...

Magda

OpaTennant

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
Ilinden wrote in message:
<35D09A...@sympatico.ca>

>melissa wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Melissa

>Melisa ,Metaxas was a criminal 100% Do you know what he did to the
>Macedonians?

>Ilinden

GROAN! Lighten up, Ilinden! This is a food thread, and food=fun. You know,
like in eat, drink and be merry, not to mention dance.

Apropos of the latter, there are a number of positive aspects to Macedonian
culture, whatever and wherever that may be. I'm thinking specifically of
Macedonian music and dance. If you posters out there have to constantly harp on
things Macedonian, why don't you include some good things. For that matter, how
about some good "Macedonian" recipes? I have over a thousand cookbooks from all
over the world in my collection, including quite a few Greek ones, but I have
never come across a Macedonian cookbook. Care to enlighten me? That might be
one way of settling the great debate, since people are to a large extent what
they eat. For example what are some of the most popular dishes in Skopje?

And, please, Ilinden, TRY to say something nice (and relevant) for a change.

Thanks!

Krisztina

Viron

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
OpaTennant wrote:

> GROAN! Lighten up, Ilinden! This is a food thread, and food=fun. You know,
> like in eat, drink and be merry, not to mention dance.

He/it is fed only with electrical power that's why he/it is not
interested in human food.

> Apropos of the latter, there are a number of positive aspects to Macedonian
> culture, whatever and wherever that may be. I'm thinking specifically of
> Macedonian music and dance. If you posters out there have to constantly harp on
> things Macedonian, why don't you include some good things. For that matter, how
> about some good "Macedonian" recipes? I have over a thousand cookbooks from all
> over the world in my collection, including quite a few Greek ones, but I have
> never come across a Macedonian cookbook. Care to enlighten me? That might be
> one way of settling the great debate, since people are to a large extent what
> they eat. For example what are some of the most popular dishes in Skopje?

It is normal that you can't find any special book for Macedonian recipes
as they are included in the Greek recipes.

See at the end of this reply a very famous Macedonian recipe.

> And, please, Ilinden, TRY to say something nice (and relevant) for a change.

Do not ask too much..

Viron

> Thanks!
>
> Krisztina

Halvah

Ingredients (1 servings)

6 c Granulated sugar
4 tb Syrup (corn?); -=OR=-
1 ts -Lemon acid
7 tb Sesame seeds
1 tb Shortening or oil

FOR SOFT HALVAH:
8 Egg whites

Instructions

Add cold sugar syrup to beaten egg whites. THe prepared caramel-albumen
paste is to be combined with prepared sesame seeds. It is best to do
this in a confectionary pot (whatever THAT is). It has a spherical
bottom. Spread the paste onto a greased confectinary sheet or
stainless-steel board, rolled out into a layer of about 5 cm and cut
into 50-70-gram lumps.
The form can be square, diamond, and/or rectangular. You can also form
oblong braids...

OpaTennant

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
Viron wrote in message:
<35D0B1...@ath.forthnet.gr>

>Toxotis wrote:

<snip>

>> As I was reading, I started salivating until I got to "red
>> cabbage" ... Yack! :-(((
>> How about some small onions instead?

>Ok then. Here's another one which has onions in it. I hope you will like

>it. :-))
>
>I am sure it will also make our Hungarian friend here happy too.
>
>Right Krisztina ? :-)))
>
>Viron

Aaarrrgh! After 10 years of eating Gulyas and other heavily meat-laden
paprikash dishes, the very thought of Hungarian food makes my stomach feel like
a lead weight. Speaking of Hungarian cuisine, here's an interesting historial
note and one which gives one cause to reconsider the whole issue of so-called
ethnic purity which many posters in this group seem to be so obsessed with.

What is the one ingredient that is most closely associated with Hungarian
cuisine. We all know the answer to that question, right? It's paprika. But is
it of Hungarian origin. NO! The Turks took it to Hungary when they established
their 150 years of devastating rule over the Middle and Eastern portions of
Hungary. (The Habsburgs grabbed the Western part and in some respects were
almost as tyrannical as the Turks.) Anyway, paprika was essentially the Turks
sole contribution to Hungary, a fact which most Hungarians are not familiar
with.

Although I've essentially had my fill of Hungarian food (and anyway my tastes
run more to Asian cuisines, with Thai and Malaysian cooking ranking among my
favorites), there are some really outstanding recipes I came across while
living in the region, although most of them are from Erdely (Transylvania).
Below is one such recipe that I've developed over the years and still prepare
regularly. (When I live in a country, I take those recipes that I come across
and especially enjoy and continue to develop them--without changing their basic
ethnic character, as I don't approve of so-called fusion cooking--to the point
where I feel they have reached their maximum potential.

The following recipe is for chicken livers, Hungarian style. For those of you
out there who dislike liver, rest assured, this recipe has won over many
converts.

BACSKAI CSIRKEMAJ

3/4 lb chicken livers
2-3 Tbsp butter plus 2-3 Tbsp light olive oil
l large onion, sliced
l bell pepper, sliced or cut in squares
1 large tomato, skinned and chopped
l chicken cube (try to use Maggi) OR
1/2 c chicken stock
1 Tbsp good (i.e., not old) regular paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes OR 1/4 t cayenne
1 Tbsp fresh oregano or 1 t dried
salt and pepper, to taste

Clean livers and cut large ones into two pieces. Soak in milk in fridge for at
least a couple of hours to draw out blood and bitterness (they can also be
marinated in yogurt). Saute onions in butter and olive oil 3-4 min. Add green
pepper and red pepper flakes and saute until soft (another 4-5 min). Add
chicken livers and SIMMER under cover for 4 min. At the end of the 4 minutes,
add about 2 T of HOT water, then the chicken cube, all spices EXCEPT SALT
(salt should never be added to either meat or bean dishes during cooking,
especially during the early stages, as it draws out their liquid content and
makes them tough), and the chopped tomatoes. Re-cover the pan and continue to
simmer for an additional 4-5 min ONLY (overcooking liver not only makes it
tough but gives it a nasty taste). Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with
buttered broad noodles and a nice green salad.

ENJOY!

Krisztina C=:-)))

OpaTennant

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
Viron wrote in message <35D0B0...@ath.forthnet.gr>

>kali...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

<snip>

>> I know it's a bit early but how about Vassilopitta for 1999???

>Well, although I do not have a recipe of Vassilopita with Brandy, here
>is one.

<recipe snipped. See preceding message>

Your recipe for Vassilopita sounds scrumptious! I'll have to give it a try
along with the rolled baklava. (Apropos of the latter, see my last message
under the "rose" bush.)

BTW, you can make the bread using brandy or liqueur (Grand Marnier works very
nicely, either in the recipe or on the side as you're preparing the bread, or
you could do both, I suppose, but if you do, don't get carried away and forget
about the bread in the oven!)
C=:-q (Slurp!)

Krisztina

Daniel Balaloski

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
MORE PROOF OF WHAT A RACIST COUNTRY GAYREE-KKK IS ....

WOULD GERMANY NAME ONE OF THEIR WHITE WINES "HITLER'S VINEYARDS"?
GOEBBELL'S WHITE ZINFANDEL? HIMMLER MERLOT?

Viron

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
OpaTennant wrote:

<snip....>

Speaking of Paprika, here's a recipe with chicken, specially for those
who do not like chicken livers.

Slurp....et Bon Appetit!

Viron

PS I think I will taste both....

Chicken Paprikash

Ingredients (6 servings)

2 tb Butter, sweet
1 Onion, large; chopped
3 tb Paprika
3 tb Oil
1 Chicken, 4 lb
1 Pepper, green bell
1 Pepper, red bell
4 Tomato, large
Salt; to taste
Pepper; to taste
1/4 ts Marjoram
1 c Chicken stock
2 tb Sour cream
3 tb Cream, heavy
1 tb Parsley, fresh

Instructions

Approx. Cook Time: 1:00 Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over
medium-low heat. Add the onion and sauteé, stirring occasionally, until
softened; about 5 minutes. Add the paprika and stir until the onions
turn reddish brown. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat
until it sizzles. Brown the chicken on all sides. Drain on a paper
towel. Transfer the chicken to the Dutch oven with the onions. Add the
peppers and cook over medium heat, stirring, for five minutes. Stir in
the tomatoes, salt and pepper, marjoram, and the stock, then reduce the
heat to low, cover the pot tightly, and simmer until the chicken is very
tender; about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and heavy
cream. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a heated platter.
Whisk a little of the hot sauce into the sour cream mixture, then add
the mixture to the sauce in the Dutch oven. Reduce over high heat
until slightly thickened. Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over
it, sprinkled with a little paprika and parsley.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:

>Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
>he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
>you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
>the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably

The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
He suppressed every single non-Greek.

You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
discovered by Greeks themselves.

Elif

Viron

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
The racist Elif Akcetin wrote:

> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>
> >Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
> ><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
> >he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
> >you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
> >the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>
> The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
> Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
> suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
> He suppressed every single non-Greek.

If you were not so blind with racism against Greeks you should have read
that the thread was about Brandy.
And you are so funny by blaming her for mentioning that about Greeks and
Armenians but you mention that about Metaxas in a thread about Brandy.
I guess you make a perfect match with Ilinden. The perfect duo.

> You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
> Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
> discovered by Greeks themselves.

The funny thing is that Turkish history is well known to everyone except
the Turks. And you can't change the fact that you are responsibe for the
massacring and extermination of millions of innocent people and blamed
for violating human rights even nowadays.

I am sure that for you the Turkish history is a black box.

So just take a look of your achievements before criticising others :

U.S. MEDIA COVERAGE OF THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE

http://www.csun.edu/~hffll006/media.htm

and

ARTICLES OF THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS ON
HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN TURKEY

http://phlebas.rockefeller.edu/~giannak/turkey.html

If these are not enough for you, I can provide you more next week. You
have a whole weekend to study them.

Viron

> Elif

Agamemnon

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6qvfkf$144a$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>
>>Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
>><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
>>he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
>>you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
>>the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>
>The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
>Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
>suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,

Stop using the same Oxymoron's.

Only Greeks are Macedonians

Slavs are Slavs and cannot possibly be Greek.

>He suppressed every single non-Greek.
>

>You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
>Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
>discovered by Greeks themselves.

You are confused with the Genocidal Murderer and Child Molester, Kemal
Ataturk, who was the subjest of Melissas reply.

>Elif

TRABOINI

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
to melissa
melissa wrote:

> Does anyone know of recipes requiring Metaxa?
> Thanks.
>
> Melissa

5% alkoohol + 95% sovenistiki = METAXA arkigos to Kratous

Luludia

melissa

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
Daniel Balaloski wrote:

> MORE PROOF OF WHAT A RACIST COUNTRY GAYREE-KKK IS ....
>
> WOULD GERMANY NAME ONE OF THEIR WHITE WINES "HITLER'S VINEYARDS"?
> GOEBBELL'S WHITE ZINFANDEL? HIMMLER MERLOT?

Read the following and see *who* are those with a racist
attitude. The Brandy Metaxa is named after its inventor,
who happened to be a young silk trader. It took Ilinden
to come up with his usual nonsense and you fell for it.

"In the late 1880's a young silk trader named Spyros
Metaxa began to experiment with a new process of
blending the fragrant muscat wines from the Aegean
islands with the finest aged distilled Greek spirits.
After years of painstaking work, he discovered the right
proportions, the proper vintages and the right blend.
The result of his intensive efforts is the remarkably
smooth, subtle blend that bears his name -- METAXA".
(http://www.stoli.com/cgi-bin/lingo/metaxa-eng.html)

Melissa

melissa

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
Elif Akcetin wrote:

> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>
> >Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
> ><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
> >he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
> >you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
> >the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>
> The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
> Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
> suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
> He suppressed every single non-Greek.
>
> You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
> Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
> discovered by Greeks themselves.
>
> Elif

The thread was about Metaxa the Brandy. Why don't
you ask Ilinden in the first place about his post
of Macedonians in reply to mine asking for recipies?

And since we have already sidetracked enormously from
the original thread and since you brought up the subject
of having changed Macedonian names by force, could you
tell me how come almost all Armenian's in Turkey have
removed their "ian/yan" from their family names? A
suffix which identifies them as being Armenians.

You are right, I can't change my own history and that's
exactly for that reason I would blame the country or the
people who are the cause for me to have always been subject
to live in foreign countries, not by choice, but because
of survival. Unfortunately, in your history, all your
black pages have been blanked out and the young generation
brainwashed, but never say never...

BTW, what do you think of polygamy? Are you for it or
against? Is it popular in Turkey? Just curious... (G)

Melissa

Stavros N Karageorgis

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
In article <6r0dnm$gmm$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu> el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) writes:
<snip>

>Things don't work this way. In order to be able to discuss that time period
>you have to read secondary sources and primary sources if possible and then
>analyze all of this material in an objective way. Then we can have a serious
>discussion.

>Elif

Elif, please follow your own admonitions above, whenever you discuss anything
'historical'. Somehow, I don't think you had when you entered the Kossovo/a
discussion. So, bravo for the above, but 'doctor, heal thyself'

"In effect, Hellenism is neither a material construction
nor a product of nature. ... Hellenism creates itself; it is
the work of the spirit, the least material of human works.
... A Greek bears no sign that makes his nationality
apparent; his only criterion is the response 'I am Greek.'
... The foundation of a Greek is his free-willed
adherence [sa libre adhésion]."

Bérard, Victor. 1893. _La Turquie et l'Hellénisme Contemporain_. Paris: Félix Alcan, pp. 237-39.

Stavros N. Karageorgis C.Phil. (Sociology) UCLA
E-mail: kara...@ucla.edu

neverag...@yahoo.com

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
In article <6qvfkf$144a$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>,

el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) wrote:
> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>
> >Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
> ><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
> >he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
> >you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
> >the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>
> The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
> Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
> suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
> He suppressed every single non-Greek.

Funny, that's what the Turks did to Greeks and Armenians :-)

Monkey see Monkey do, Eh.

And Please, Don't mix Slavs with Macedonians, they are just two different
things like Turks and Anatolians. Where do you get your logic from Mz. Elif
Hanum.

> You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
> Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
> discovered by Greeks themselves.

In the mean time, discover your own country's history at

http://www.armenian-genocide.org

And yes it has as much references as you want. It also has the photos shot by
a German Photographer who happened to be near the area. I would call this
Turkish creativity.

Talking about history.

> Elif

Elif Akcetin

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

>The funny thing is that Turkish history is well known to everyone except
>the Turks. And you can't change the fact that you are responsibe for the
>massacring and extermination of millions of innocent people and blamed
>for violating human rights even nowadays.

I know my history very well. And I know Greek history pretty well as well,
and I am sure better than any Greek.

The Greek education system is not that good, in particular when it comes
to the teaching of history. Students in Greece who prepare for the university
exam all memorize by heart the typical nationalist discourse that they are
taught at schools. To study history and to be a good historian one needs
to have strong analytical skills. What you and your gang have been doing
here is to repeat the exact same sentence over and over again "Turks
massacred bla bla''. Did it take you long to memorize that sentence?
The only thing you all do is to find some information from the web and
do as if you know everything about the historical facts.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6qvfkf$144a$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>>melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>>
>>>Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
>>><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
>>>he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
>>>you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
>>>the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>>
>>The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
>>Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
>>suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,

>Stop using the same Oxymoron's.

>Only Greeks are Macedonians

Macedonia is a region composed of different ethnic groups. You can't go
on and call it Greek. This is irredentism (Acording to Greeks it is
Turks who are expansionist!! this is funny isn't it?)

>Slavs are Slavs and cannot possibly be Greek.

I didn't say the opposite !?

>>He suppressed every single non-Greek.
>>

>>You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
>>Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
>>discovered by Greeks themselves.

>You are confused with the Genocidal Murderer and Child Molester, Kemal

>Ataturk, who was the subjest of Melissas reply.

That's why Venizelos nominated him to the Nobel peace prize. And that's
why suddenly they decided to shoot a movie about him! :)

You don't make sense at all Mr. Agamemmnon.

Elif

Elif Akcetin

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
neverag...@yahoo.com writes:

>And Please, Don't mix Slavs with Macedonians, they are just two different
>things like Turks and Anatolians. Where do you get your logic from Mz. Elif
>Hanum.

No. There are Slav Macedonians as much as Greek Macedonians. Learn
history.

>> You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
>> Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
>> discovered by Greeks themselves.

>In the mean time, discover your own country's history at

No thank you. I know my country's history pretty well.

>http://www.armenian-genocide.org

>And yes it has as much references as you want. It also has the photos shot by
>a German Photographer who happened to be near the area. I would call this
>Turkish creativity.

I prefer to read books rather than spend my time looking at propaganda web
pages.

Elif

Elif Akcetin

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:

>Elif Akcetin wrote:
>>
>> melissa <mel...@dejavue.com> writes:
>>
>> >Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
>> ><hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
>> >he sure made a strong brandy <hick>... BTW, do
>> >you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
>> >the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably
>>
>> The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
>> Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
>> suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,

>> He suppressed every single non-Greek.
>>

>> You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
>> Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
>> discovered by Greeks themselves.
>>

>> Elif

>The thread was about Metaxa the Brandy. Why don't
>you ask Ilinden in the first place about his post
>of Macedonians in reply to mine asking for recipies?

Well you talk about Turks in your post. What does this have to do with
Illinden?

>And since we have already sidetracked enormously from
>the original thread and since you brought up the subject
>of having changed Macedonian names by force, could you
>tell me how come almost all Armenian's in Turkey have
>removed their "ian/yan" from their family names? A
>suffix which identifies them as being Armenians.

So what? they are still Armenians! they didn't lose their identity.
Nobody forced Armenians to pick up Turkish last names. If they chose a
Turkish last name after the 1930s that was their choice. And besides
all my Armenian friends in Istanbul have non-Turkish first names.

>You are right, I can't change my own history and that's
>exactly for that reason I would blame the country or the
>people who are the cause for me to have always been subject
>to live in foreign countries, not by choice, but because
>of survival. Unfortunately, in your history, all your
>black pages have been blanked out and the young generation
>brainwashed, but never say never...

My point is this: Greeks in this newsgroup keep repeating the same sentence
over and over again, it became a gum in their mouth. Now if this is
not called brainwashing, then what is it?

Greeks shouldn't go around accuse Turkey when they themselves don't have a
clean past. I hope you understand what I mean.

>BTW, what do you think of polygamy? Are you for it or
>against? Is it popular in Turkey? Just curious... (G)

In Turkey you can only marry one person. This doesn't stop some people
from having a religious marriage with other women {religious marriage is not
recognized without a civic marriage first}. I don't care
about it because people are the same everywhere. I know some women in the
US for example having three boyfriends at the same time. This is in my opinion
same thing as polygamy.

Elif

OpaTennant

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Viron wrote in message <35D1F0...@ath.forthnet.gr>

>OpaTennant wrote:
>>
>> GROAN! Lighten up, Ilinden! This is a food thread, and food=fun. You know,
>> like in eat, drink and be merry, not to mention dance.

>> Apropos of the latter, there are a number of positive aspects to Macedonian

>> culture, whatever and wherever that may be. I'm thinking specifically of
>> Macedonian music and dance. If you posters out there have to constantly harp
on
>> things Macedonian, why don't you include some good things. For that matter,
how
>> about some good "Macedonian" recipes? I have over a thousand cookbooks from
all
>> over the world in my collection, including quite a few Greek ones, but I
have
>> never come across a Macedonian cookbook. Care to enlighten me? That might
be
>> one way of settling the great debate, since people are to a large extent
what
>> they eat. For example what are some of the most popular dishes in Skopje?

>It is normal that you can't find any special book for Macedonian recipes
>as they are included in the Greek recipes.

>See at the end of this reply a very famous Macedonian recipe.
>

> Halvah
>
> Ingredients (1 servings)
>
> 6 c Granulated sugar
> 4 tb Syrup (corn?); -=OR=-
> 1 ts -Lemon acid
> 7 tb Sesame seeds
> 1 tb Shortening or oil

<snipped instructions>

Interesting! I thought Greek Halva is usually made with semolina (or sometimes
with rice flour). The above recipe looks like the Arab, Turkish, Armenian,
Israeli or other Middle-Eastern version. Is there a difference between the
Halva made in Macedonia and that made in other parts of Greece? The best Halva
I've ever eaten was that made in Alexandria Egypt, and as far as I know it was
made with tahina (sesame paste).

BTW, if you decide to try the Magyaros Csirkemaj (Bacskai style), be sure to
use a suitably sized pan, as it makes an enormous difference in the results.
The pan you cook the livers in should not be much larger than the amount of
chicken livers involved (i.e., about 8-9" in diameter). In fact, this is true
when sauteing, braising or panroasting any dish, i.e, there should be very
little space between the ingredients in the pan and between the ingredients and
the side of the pan, or else the food will either burn, dry out or become
tough, often all three.

Jo etvagyot! (which is the Hungarian equivalent of 'Bon appetit")

Krisztina

P.S. The recipe you provided for Chicken Paprikash looks pretty authentic and
also quite good, not like the watered down version one usually finds in Western
cookbooks.

Viron

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article

:
: >The funny thing is that Turkish history is well known to everyone except
: >the Turks. And you can't change the fact that you are responsibe for the
: >massacring and extermination of millions of innocent people and blamed
: >for violating human rights even nowadays.
:
:
: I know my history very well. And I know Greek history pretty well as
well,
: and I am sure better than any Greek.
:

You mean you know what Turkish propaganda let you know about your history
and about ours. Otherwise you shouldn't be so racist and ignorant about
certain sad periods of your history.

: The Greek education system is not that good, in particular when it comes

: to the teaching of history. Students in Greece who prepare for the
university
: exam all memorize by heart the typical nationalist discourse that they
are
: taught at schools. To study history and to be a good historian one needs

ROTFLOL....this is the silliest argument I have ever heard. Tell me please.
You thought it by yourself or did anyone else tell you that ?
You mean in Turkey, like any other part of the world, students do not
memorize what they have to be examined when they have to enter a university
? what do they do then ? Historical survey just to pass some exams ? Are
you so silly as you try to present yourself ?

And how do you know the Greek education system ? Did you study in Greece ?
Or a friend of a friend of your friend bla..bla..bla... told you that he
had heard that ?
And even if it is the truth, you mean Turkish education system is better ?
How much of the Turkish attrocities do Turkish students know ?
BTW, tell us what is the percentage of unalphabetism in Turkey ? Do you
know that it reaches 50% ? Meaning that in every two Turks only one can
read and write. So, before criticising our education system, try first to
educate your own people with the fundamentals, reading and writting.

: to have strong analytical skills. What you and your gang have been doing
: here is to repeat the exact same sentence over and over again "Turks

: massacred bla bla''. Did it take you long to memorize that sentence?

Yes, it took a long.. Because it was so difficult to realize that there
could be human people who could be so cruel and stagnant. And it took
millions of victims, too much blood, pain and refugees.

: The only thing you all do is to find some information from the web and

: do as if you know everything about the historical facts.

:

Of course I do not know anything about historical facts. Neither do you.
But I have criticism and the necessary intelligence to distinguish if
something is true or not.
And yes,I try to find some information not only from the web but from other
sources too, so that my opinion about certain things should be as accurate
and objective as possible. So that when racists like you preache hate will
get the answers they deserve.
In the contrary you do not provide any information. You just blab and
replicates the Turkish propaganda without trying to find out where the
problem is and what has to be done so that nothing similar would happen
again.
I admire Germans who had the courage to accept their attrocities during
WWII and being relieved from that burden, reached the level of development
they have gone so far.
And I hope someday you will realize that when we talk about what Turks did
to us and other nations (Armenians, Syrians, Kurds) it is not under the
context of hate but in order to persuade you to review your history and by
admitting your mistakes to vindicate morally the ones that suffered.
Do you know how many Greeks (unarmed civilians women and children ) were
executed by the Germans during WWII ? If you ever visit Greece you should
see in almost every Greek village a memorial monument about those who were
killed with their names written on it. But this is has nothing to do with
German people who visit our country by millions and are mostly welcome.

: Things don't work this way. In order to be able to discuss that time

period
: you have to read secondary sources and primary sources if possible and
then
: analyze all of this material in an objective way. Then we can have a
serious
: discussion.

:
:

This is the main point that Turkish propaganda has taught you to answer
when you are in a difficult position to face facts.
We are not talking here about an historical survey. We are talking about
understanding the main facts of a certain period.

By avoiding facing some facts does not mean that these facts never
happened. I intentionally gave you two URLs which have information from
neutral parties and which are sources to any historical survey. As you
noticed I didn't give you what Greeks or Armenians say, I gave you how
facts were recorded in the most official and reliable newspapers in the
world. And do not tell me that newspapers are not a
secondary or primary source for studying.

And you are such a sweet and open minded person that you just do not want
to discuss such issues!!! But you consider yourself eligible to
disseminate your racism and hate without someone confronting you.

What you haven't understood so far, nor the others who try to deny those
facts, is that whenever we reply to you is not to try to change your mind -
after all a racist is a racist and cannot be changed - but it is an
opportunity to make certain facts public and let the other readers of the
NG to learn about those facts.
And what do you thing our readers concluded from this debate ?
I provided you some evidence that show how facts were recorded all over the
world and , on the other hand , you provided nothing.

So, a small reference of Melissa about Turks, Greeks and Armenians turned
to be another way of publishing and making those facts known. We all must
be very obliged to you for that, as you really served our cause well.

Keep on doing the good work...

Viron

: Elif
:

Viron

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
<6r0fe0$13k0$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
: Macedonia is a region composed of different ethnic groups. You can't go
: on and call it Greek. This is irredentism (Acording to Greeks it is
: Turks who are expansionist!! this is funny isn't it?)
:

Exactly. It is a georgraphical area so it has to have a prefix which should
distinguish it from the other parts that are in Greece and Bulgaria.
Denying doing that and using just the name Macedonia implies territorial
claims which is unacceptable.
BUT, there is no ethnicity "Macedonian" as a Macedonian is Greek by
definition and by blood.

: >You are confused with the Genocidal Murderer and Child Molester, Kemal

: >Ataturk, who was the subjest of Melissas reply.
:
: That's why Venizelos nominated him to the Nobel peace prize. And that's
: why suddenly they decided to shoot a movie about him! :)

:

Funny.. I have sawn a film about Metaxas also. Don't you think you are
contradicting yourself with that and with what you said in another post
about Metaxas ?

Viron

Viron

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
<6r0fki$h50$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
: neverag...@yahoo.com writes:
:
:
: I prefer to read books rather than spend my time looking at propaganda
web
: pages.
:

If you want to have it written, we can always print them and send them to
you. So that you can learn something new besides what Turkish propaganda
teaches you.

You should better read novels and science fiction books because in history
you are not so much competent.

Viron

: Elif
:
:

Viron

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
<6r0f41$sii$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
[...]

Well, you are right, a dead Armenian is still an Armenian.
Maybe officially nobody forced them. But Turks know sideways about that. Do
you know Elif what a "Grey Wolf" is ? Or other racist and terroristic
state groups ?
Oh, I forgot. You have to read all the sources before accepting that.
And would you tell us how the Greek community in Asia Minor and in
Constantiople was sweaped out ? Do you still claim that they voluntareliy
decided to leave and that nobody forced them ?

: Turkish last name after the 1930s that was their choice. And besides

: all my Armenian friends in Istanbul have non-Turkish first names.

:

Elif, open your eyes and read well. We are talking about LAST names not
FIRST names. Racism blinds you, you should visit an opthalmologist.

: My point is this: Greeks in this newsgroup keep repeating the same
sentence
: over and over again, it became a gum in their mouth. Now if this is

: not called brainwashing, then what is it?

:

We keep repating it and we keep providing evidence for that. Whereas you
keep avoiding admitting your past.

: Greeks shouldn't go around accuse Turkey when they themselves don't have

: clean past. I hope you understand what I mean.

:

So why do you avoid discussing it under the pretext of needing to read all
the secondary and primary sources bla...bla...bla...?

<snip...>

Viron

: Elif
:

Viron

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
OpaTennant <opate...@aol.com> wrote in article :
: Your recipe for Vassilopita sounds scrumptious! I'll have to give it a

try
: along with the rolled baklava. (Apropos of the latter, see my last
message
: under the "rose" bush.)
:

Your message appeared only today in my server. I will reply to you in the
next few days. For the time being, I prefer a restful and peaceful weekend
by the sea(G).

: BTW, you can make the bread using brandy or liqueur (Grand Marnier works

very
: nicely, either in the recipe or on the side as you're preparing the
bread, or
: you could do both, I suppose, but if you do, don't get carried away and
forget
: about the bread in the oven!)
: C=:-q (Slurp!)

:

Do not worry. My sweetheart is very careful when concerning those matters.
Besides I am good in supervising(G)

Viron

Agamemnon

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6r0fe0$13k0$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk>
writes:

>>Elif Akcetin wrote in message
<6qvfkf$144a$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>>>The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
>>>Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
>>>suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
>
>>Stop using the same Oxymoron's.
>
>>Only Greeks are Macedonians
>
>Macedonia is a region composed of different ethnic groups. You can't go

Macedonia is not a geographic region. It is the land of the
Macedonians. The Macedonians were Greek and therefore Macedonia can only
be in Greece.

>>You are confused with the Genocidal Murderer and Child Molester, Kemal
>>Ataturk, who was the subjest of Melissas reply.
>
>That's why Venizelos nominated him to the Nobel peace prize. And that's
>why suddenly they decided to shoot a movie about him! :)

They nominated Hitler for the Nobel Price and the made lots of films
about him also. The most recent was Schlinders List.

Agamemnon

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6r0fki$h50$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>neverag...@yahoo.com writes:
>

>>And Please, Don't mix Slavs with Macedonians, they are just two
different
>>things like Turks and Anatolians. Where do you get your logic from Mz.
Elif
>>Hanum.
>
>No. There are Slav Macedonians as much as Greek Macedonians. Learn
>history.

How can there be Slav Macedonians when the Slave din not exist until the
6th C AD.

When they arrived there were ONLY GREEKS.

melissa

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
ili...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> > BTW, Melissa is spelled with double "s", like in
> > Mississipi. Have you heard an Italian spell
> > Mississipi?
> >
> > Melissa
>
> Hi,Melisa if I spell your name with two ss in Greek means Bee or in
> Macedonian pccela.
> Regards,Ilinden

What happened to "Muva"? So what if Melissa means
Bee? Are you afraid I would sting you? (he he he)

The name Melissa is derived from Greek mythology.
Melissa was a nymph that cared for the infant Zeus
while he was being hidden from his father. Melissa
plundered bee hives in order to feed honey to Zeus.

When Melissa's role in protecting Zeus was discovered,
she was turned into a zouzounaki, but later Zeus took
pity on her and turned her into a melissa.

PS - I hope you did see my post explaining where the
Greek Brandy takes its names Mataxa from.

Melizzzzzza

never...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
In article <6r0dnm$gmm$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>,

el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) wrote:
> Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>
> >The funny thing is that Turkish history is well known to everyone except
> >the Turks. And you can't change the fact that you are responsibe for the
> >massacring and extermination of millions of innocent people and blamed
> >for violating human rights even nowadays.
>
> I know my history very well. And I know Greek history pretty well as well,
> and I am sure better than any Greek.
>
> The Greek education system is not that good, in particular when it comes
> to the teaching of history. Students in Greece who prepare for the university

Speak about the Turkish educational system. Erbakan criticized it in a Kuwaiti
news paper. Kurds don't have the right to study their own language.

> exam all memorize by heart the typical nationalist discourse that they are
> taught at schools. To study history and to be a good historian one needs

> to have strong analytical skills. What you and your gang have been doing
> here is to repeat the exact same sentence over and over again "Turks
> massacred bla bla''. Did it take you long to memorize that sentence?

> The only thing you all do is to find some information from the web and
> do as if you know everything about the historical facts.

Yes, the Ittihad ve Terraki (Progress and Union) order the massacre of
Armenians, not only in the Eastern provinces, but in Istanbul, Adana, Kayseri.
When are you going to admit your wrong doings. Just for once.

> don't work this way. In order to be able to discuss that time period
> you have to read secondary sources and primary sources if possible and then
> analyze all of this material in an objective way. Then we can have a serious
> discussion.

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98

I like you Melissa, you are a nice person! I hope you are not going to
sting me!
Regards,Ilinden

Eleftherios Gkioulekas

Aug 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/16/98
Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

> Elif Akcetin wrote:
> >
> > Hasiktir
> >
> > "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
> >

> Ha ha ha ha...
>
> What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?
> She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?

Maybe Elif has better things to do with her time than argue with
morons like you.

> Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little
> you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you if
> you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
> believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
> have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.

Actually, your long-winded response is what totally cracks me up.
You are not being taken seriously by either of us. So, why do you bother
explain to us the meaning of the Universe and so on?

> So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start
> debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly and
> supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
> is based on nothing.

Or what?

> I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
> language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
> style but I do not want to disappoint you.

Or, maybe it is your style as well, after all. Heh :->

> Viron

I sure hope that Viron is not your real name. Your parents must have
hated you, if indeed it is.

Be seeing you
-lf.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Siktir Malaka

"Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

>: My point is this: Greeks in this newsgroup keep repeating the same
>sentence

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Hasiktir

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Siktir hayvan

"Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

>Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article

><6r0fe0$13k0$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>: Macedonia is a region composed of different ethnic groups. You can't go
>: on and call it Greek. This is irredentism (Acording to Greeks it is
>: Turks who are expansionist!! this is funny isn't it?)
>:

>Exactly. It is a georgraphical area so it has to have a prefix which should
>distinguish it from the other parts that are in Greece and Bulgaria.
>Denying doing that and using just the name Macedonia implies territorial
>claims which is unacceptable.
>BUT, there is no ethnicity "Macedonian" as a Macedonian is Greek by
>definition and by blood.

>: >You are confused with the Genocidal Murderer and Child Molester, Kemal

>: >Ataturk, who was the subjest of Melissas reply.
>:
>: That's why Venizelos nominated him to the Nobel peace prize. And that's
>: why suddenly they decided to shoot a movie about him! :)

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
"Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

>Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article

><6r0fki$h50$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>: neverag...@yahoo.com writes:
>:
>:
>: I prefer to read books rather than spend my time looking at propaganda
>web
>: pages.
>:

>If you want to have it written, we can always print them and send them to
>you. So that you can learn something new besides what Turkish propaganda
>teaches you.

>You should better read novels and science fiction books because in history
>you are not so much competent.

>Viron

Hasiktir hayvan herif

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Siktir

Elif Akcetin

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>They nominated Hitler for the Nobel Price and the made lots of films
>about him also. The most recent was Schlinders List.

Why don't you lie a little bit more?

Schindler's List is not a movie about Hitler by the way.

I never watched a movie about your so-called heros kolokotronis and all the
other losers. No matter how much you wine, that movie about Ataturk will
be on after it is finished. It will be playing in the movie theatres whether
you like it or not. Ataturk is recognized to be one of the greatest leaders.
I don't know any Greek leader as intelligent and talented as him.

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Elif Akcetin wrote:

> Hasiktir
>
> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

Ha ha ha ha...

What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?
She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?

Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little

you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you if
you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.

So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start

debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly and
supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
is based on nothing.

I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
style but I do not want to disappoint you.

Viron

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Elif Akcetin wrote:

> Siktir hayvan

> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>
> >Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
> ><6r0fe0$13k0$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

Abdal seni abdal

Viron

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Elif Akcetin wrote:

> Hasiktir hayvan herif

You are the sick, dear!

Viron

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Elif Akcetin wrote:

> Siktir Malaka
>
> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

Sikiyim hanum...

Smootch...

Viron

Karpo

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
In article <35D4A2...@sympatico.ca>, ili...@sympatico.ca says...

>I like you Melissa, you are a nice person! I hope you are not going to
>sting me!
>Regards,Ilinden

This is probably personal but
Ilinden, you call everyone in this newsgroup Albanogreek
or something or other insulting (you hope) when it suits you
and now you are grovelling, curious. Are there two Ilinden's, or does telling
you a Greek/Hellenic story sooth you and alters your personality. We Greeks
have many stories. Please don't steal them.
George

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Eleftherios Gkioulekas <l...@amath.washington.edu> wrote in article
<m2af545...@gondwana.dyn.ml.org>...
: Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
:
: > Elif Akcetin wrote:
: > >
: > > Hasiktir
: > >
: > > "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
: > >
: >
: >
: > Ha ha ha ha...
: >
: > What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?
: > She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?
:
: Maybe Elif has better things to do with her time than argue with
: morons like you.
:

Well, well. What do we have here ? Reeinforcements ? So that that little
racist girl can curse without getting an answer ?

If she had better things to do, she would have not started a debate without
being able to finish it, or better get involved in threads that can be
competent of.
Now she had to shut it up because all the arguments she used were so silly.

Or it was you under that nickname ? Hmmm...I think this is more
realistic...
I can't believe that there are two such morons... and the resemblance of
the names
make this belief very strong, "Elif" and Eleftherios". So most probably it
is the
same poster but I will treat you differently just for the sake of having
fun with you.

: > Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little

: > you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you
if
: > you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
: > believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
: > have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.

:
: Actually, your long-winded response is what totally cracks me up.

: You are not being taken seriously by either of us. So, why do you bother
: explain to us the meaning of the Universe and so on?

So wise guy, just do not read me. Ha, ha, ha...do you think I take you
seriously
either ? The arguments that Elif used were so childish and now you, a Turk
impersonating a Greek, do you think I can take you seriously too ?

: > So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start

: > debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly
and
: > supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
: > is based on nothing.

:
: Or what?

Or she will just make fool of herself whenever she will get involved in
such
issues as she already did. And as I see now, it will make two of you.

:
: > I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same

: > language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
: > style but I do not want to disappoint you.

:
: Or, maybe it is your style as well, after all. Heh :->
:

My style is to make racists like your little girl (and you ) to make fool
of themeselves
as they run out of arguments and the only thing they can do is curse.

: > Viron

:
: I sure hope that Viron is not your real name. Your parents must have
: hated you, if indeed it is.

:

It is my real name and I am very proud of it. If you were a real Greek
you would have known who Viron is and after whom this name was given to me
(maybe Lord Byron rings you a bell) and you wouldn't say that bullshit.
But I wonder if you are proud of the nickname you use : "Gioulekas" or is
it
your true name ? Do you know what it means in Greek ?

: Be seeing you
: -lf.
:

You bet you will. And just to be as polite as your litle girl :
Hasiktir Lefteraki, or whatever your name is.

Viron

SERHAT

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
he he he

bu salaklara laf anlatmaya calisma. Baksana goya Turkiyenin yuzde 50 sinin
okuma yazmasi yokmus. ki.imin kenarlari iste boyle sacmaliklar
ogreniyorlar.
Duvara laf anlatmaya benzer.

eger yine de zamanini bosa harcamak istiyorsan sana basarilar ve en basta
SABIR dilerim.... hoscakal

Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> schrieb im Beitrag
<6r87jf$uag$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

If you stop calling us fyrom,I will stop call you Albanogreeks!And
FTCOG!
Ilinden

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Karpo wrote:

> In article <35D4A2...@sympatico.ca>, ili...@sympatico.ca says...
>

> >I like you Melissa, you are a nice person! I hope you are not going to
> >sting me!
> >Regards,Ilinden
>
> This is probably personal but
> Ilinden, you call everyone in this newsgroup Albanogreek
> or something or other insulting (you hope) when it suits you
> and now you are grovelling, curious. Are there two Ilinden's, or does telling
> you a Greek/Hellenic story sooth you and alters your personality. We Greeks
> have many stories. Please don't steal them.
> George

Do not worry George. It is our beloved Ilinden upgraded to a modern
model. And he is more willing to have fun with us, so do not be shy to
play with it. Just be sure it doesn't enter an endless loop.
In that case, just reboot it.

Viron

Viron

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
ili...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Karpo wrote:
> >
> > In article <35D4A2...@sympatico.ca>, ili...@sympatico.ca says...
> >

> > >I like you Melissa, you are a nice person! I hope you are not going to
> > >sting me!
> > >Regards,Ilinden
> >
> > This is probably personal but
> > Ilinden, you call everyone in this newsgroup Albanogreek
> > or something or other insulting (you hope) when it suits you
> > and now you are grovelling, curious. Are there two Ilinden's, or does telling
> > you a Greek/Hellenic story sooth you and alters your personality. We Greeks
> > have many stories. Please don't steal them.
> > George
>
> If you stop calling us fyrom,I will stop call you Albanogreeks!And
> FTCOG!
> Ilinden

Ouff...you scared me you know. For a moment I thought you had forgot
that your country is Fyrom. Nice try, you start adimitting it.
Well, done. Just to thank you, I will add you 32 MB of RAM.

Viron

Agamemnon

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6r877j$187m$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>Siktir

Now how is my little pussy cat.

Nomizo to gataki soy thelei oura.

Agamemnon

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6r87jf$uag$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk>
writes:

>>They nominated Hitler for the Nobel Price and the made lots of films
>>about him also. The most recent was Schlinders List.
>

>Why don't you lie a little bit more?
>
>Schindler's List is not a movie about Hitler by the way.

It was about Hitlers Crime of GENOCIDE. Something he has in common with
that Child Molester Ataturk.

>I never watched a movie about your so-called heros kolokotronis and all
the

Lots of Movies have been made about Greeces heroes in both wars.

>other losers. No matter how much you wine, that movie about Ataturk
will
>be on after it is finished. It will be playing in the movie theatres
whether

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A DISTRIBUTOR AND NO CINEMA OUTSIDE TURKEY WOULD
DARE SHOW IS AN FACE A PUBLIC BACKLASH.

>you like it or not. Ataturk is recognized to be one of the greatest
leaders.

So is Hitler

>I don't know any Greek leader as intelligent and talented as him.

Talented at penetrating anuses of Young Boys and Girls.

I bet you envy him.

neverag...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
Elif, you Siktir. Bokhom

In article <6r876s$sni$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>,
el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) wrote:

> Siktir Malaka

> >: My point is this: Greeks in this newsgroup keep repeating the same
> >sentence

> >: over and over again, it became a gum in their mouth. Now if this is
> >: not called brainwashing, then what is it?
> >:
>
> >We keep repating it and we keep providing evidence for that. Whereas you
> >keep avoiding admitting your past.
>
> >: Greeks shouldn't go around accuse Turkey when they themselves don't have
> >: clean past. I hope you understand what I mean.
> >:
>
> >So why do you avoid discussing it under the pretext of needing to read all
> >the secondary and primary sources bla...bla...bla...?
>
> ><snip...>
>
> >Viron
>
> >: Elif
> >:

neverag...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
In article <6r8766$sng$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>,

el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) wrote:
> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>
> >Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
> ><6r0fki$h50$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
> >: neverag...@yahoo.com writes:
> >:
> >:
> >: I prefer to read books rather than spend my time looking at propaganda
> >web
> >: pages.
> >:
>
> >If you want to have it written, we can always print them and send them to
> >you. So that you can learn something new besides what Turkish propaganda
> >teaches you.
>
> >You should better read novels and science fiction books because in history
> >you are not so much competent.
>
> >Viron
>
> Hasiktir hayvan herif

Elif is showing Turkish manners

Hayvan = animal (from arabic Haiwan)

Siktir = get lost

Elif, you should be named wahish.

never...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
In case nobody knows what Hasiktir (Turkish) means, it means get lost.

Elif does not want to use bad words in English.

In article <35D7BD...@ath.forthnet.gr>,

Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:
> Elif Akcetin wrote:
> >
> > Hasiktir
> >
> > "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
> >

> Ha ha ha ha...
>
> What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?
> She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?
>

> Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little
> you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you if
> you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
> believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
> have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.
>

> So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start
> debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly and
> supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
> is based on nothing.
>

> I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
> language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
> style but I do not want to disappoint you.
>

> Viron

ili...@sympatico.ca

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98

Viron the buffoon,from the FTCOG!The Athenian nitwit!
Ilinden

E. Gkioulekas

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
If you wish to be taken seriously, don't post with HTML lamer!

-lf.

Jon Papadimitriou <evry...@geocities.nospam.com> writes:

><HTML>
>Elif:

><P>Whatever Metaxas did, whether that is considered by you as good or bad
>does not make one bit of difference, because in the overwhelming majority
>opinion in Greece, Metaxas is considered an important national historic
>figure who once again led the Greek people to glory and pride.

><P>Who cares if during his leadership, the names of villages and towns
>were changed to the present Greek names??&nbsp; They are Greek, so they
>should have Greek names!!!!&nbsp; What do you think??&nbsp; We're going
>to keep Turkish names for our villages and towns when we can have Greek
>names??&nbsp; I don't think so!!

><P>Stick with soc.culture.turkish or alt.news.fyrom and leave this newsgroup
>for the Greeks!!!&nbsp; Ooouusst!!! Kathiki!!!!
><BR>&nbsp;

><P>Elif Akcetin wrote:
><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>melissa &lt;mel...@dejavue.com> writes:

><P>>Sorry Ilinden, I had too much Metaxa tonight
><BR>>&lt;hick> couldn't care less what Metaxas did but
><BR>>he sure made a strong brandy &lt;hick>... BTW, do
><BR>>you know what the Turks did to the Greeks and
><BR>>the Armenians? Never mind, you are probably

><P>The thread is about Metaxas and not what ``Turks did to
><BR>Greeks and Armenians''. And yes Metaxas was a dictator who
><BR>suppressed Slav Macedonians, changed their names by force,
><BR>He suppressed every single non-Greek.

><P>You can't change your own history by blaming other countries.
><BR>Greece's history has many black pages which are waiting to be
><BR>discovered by Greeks themselves.

><P>Elif</BLOCKQUOTE>
>&nbsp;</HTML>

Elif Akcetin

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Come here little dog, come on catch this bone!

haha

neverag...@yahoo.com writes:

>In article <6r8766$sng$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>,
> el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) wrote:
>> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>>
>> >Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
>> ><6r0fki$h50$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>> >: neverag...@yahoo.com writes:
>> >:
>> >:
>> >: I prefer to read books rather than spend my time looking at propaganda
>> >web
>> >: pages.
>> >:
>>
>> >If you want to have it written, we can always print them and send them to
>> >you. So that you can learn something new besides what Turkish propaganda
>> >teaches you.
>>
>> >You should better read novels and science fiction books because in history
>> >you are not so much competent.
>>
>> >Viron
>>
>> Hasiktir hayvan herif

>Elif is showing Turkish manners

>Hayvan = animal (from arabic Haiwan)

>Siktir = get lost

>Elif, you should be named wahish.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Eleftherios Gkioulekas <l...@amath.washington.edu> writes:

>I sure hope that Viron is not your real name. Your parents must have
>hated you, if indeed it is.

Are you serious Lefteri mou????? hahahahahahahahahah!! I didn't realize
that his name is Byron!! Isn't that the same as that duffus lord Byron
who went to Greece thinking that those Slavic peasants are related to ancient
Greeks!!! Well actually I am not that surprised, Viron is as stupid as the
real one.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:

>Elif Akcetin wrote:
>>
>> Hasiktir
>>
>> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>>

>Ha ha ha ha...

>What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?
>She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?

Well since you can't have a decent discussion with proofs to your arguments
and you keep repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken
record player, I decided to descend to your level and talk in a way that
you would understand. Because otherwise you just don't understand :-)

>Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little

Well I had to do that as I said, that's the only thing you understand.
You can't really have an intellectual discussion you see, you are only
able to post cheesy things such as ``for you ladies''. And your
other boyfriend keeps posting stupid songs.

>you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you if
>you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
>believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
>have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.

Well I already made my point several times but you are a donkey, you don't
understand.

>So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start
>debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly and
>supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
>is based on nothing.

:-D as I said, you don't understand.

>I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
>language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
>style but I do not want to disappoint you.

Allez mon petit, ouste, va te coucher, l'internet c'est pas pour toi.

Casse-toi tu pues et marche a l'ombre :-)

>Viron

Elif Akcetin

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>Now how is my little pussy cat.

>Nomizo to gataki soy thelei oura.

Hadi hadi afto pu hriazese ine mia diki su ura gia na tin honis ston
kolo su.

Agamemnon

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rdct3$n10$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

Ah to gataki moy me ehtare.

An se hadepso, tha routhounizeis ke tha ma agapas pio kallitera, gatiaki
mou.

Thello na se kano gadoula moy, ke tha sou doso tin oura moy na
hortaseis.

Ki an thes, ki an ise poli kala, Eilif gataki moy, tha sa afeiso na
froeseis to "strap on dildo" ke tha pai3ou me mazxei.

Viron

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
<6rdcn9$127m$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

: Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
:
: >Elif Akcetin wrote:
: >>
: >> Hasiktir
: >>
: >> "Viron" <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
: >>
:
:
: Well since you can't have a decent discussion with proofs to your

arguments
: and you keep repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken
: record player, I decided to descend to your level and talk in a way that
: you would understand. Because otherwise you just don't understand :-)
:

Welcome Back!!!! I am so happy to see you around. I was afraid that after
siktirizing me and after asking for reinforcements I wouldn't hear from
you. :-))
Anyway, no hard feelings from my part, after all you served my cause well.
Thank you so much.
As I told you, my intention was not to change your mind, after all a racist
mind is set by nature and can't change. My intention was to present some
arguments, supply some evidences and wait for yours. But , as I expected
(that's why I challenged you..he he he), you replied without providing
anything (besides a siktir ) just reproducing the Turkish propaganda.
And as I tell you, I do not give a shit about your opinion. I care about
what opinion the other readers form about the issues we talked. And as you
can see, they didn't see any arguments from you. NOTHING.
You may say that I repeat the same like a broken record. Maybe I do that,
as I know that you cannot provide any counter evidence and I can corner you
anytime. So why shouldn't I do that ? :-)))

: >Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little

:
: Well I had to do that as I said, that's the only thing you understand.
: You can't really have an intellectual discussion you see, you are only
: able to post cheesy things such as ``for you ladies''. And your
: other boyfriend keeps posting stupid songs.

:

Opps....now comes the truth!!! Do not tell us that you also keep some
dresses for using them as evidences ? I am glad if I helped you in this
case. Is it a blue one or not ? :-)))
Oh..I am sorry...I didn't know that an intellectual discussion is that when
you have nothing to say and when being cornered by lack of evidence you
siktirize the others. I guess it is the Tukish way of debating.

:
: >you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you if

: >you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself. And
: >believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
: >have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.
:
: Well I already made my point several times but you are a donkey, you
don't
: understand.

:

You made up your point by just blabing without presenting ANY evidence. I
asked you some questions and I am STILL waiting for the answers. So, my
little goat, our readers can easily understand who is who.

: >So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start

: >debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly and
: >supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
: >is based on nothing.
:
: :-D as I said, you don't understand.
:

:
: >I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
: >language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
: >style but I do not want to disappoint you.
:
: Allez mon petit, ouste, va te coucher, l'internet c'est pas pour toi.

:

Seulement avec toi ma cherie!!! Bisou!!! :-)

: Casse-toi tu pues et marche a l'ombre :-)
:
:

Tu es vraiment ravissante quand tu n'as rien a dire. :-)

Viron

Viron

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Elif Akcetin <el...@u.washington.edu> wrote in article
<6rdc8k$n40$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
:

Ha ha ha....I am so happy that even my name pisses you off.
Now that was a real argument for debating. You are right, you know how to
make an intellectual discussion.
Ha ha ha....

Guess what ? I will sign from now on as Byron when I reply to you.
I like when I piss you off...

Ha ha ha ha...

Byron

Agamemnon

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rdcn9$127m$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>Viron <thr...@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>

>>Ha ha ha ha...
>
>>What happened to that educated and cultivated Elif, lost her temper ?

No no no Viron. its not her temper shes lost. Its her Tampon.

Ah wait a moment. Since its the wrong time of the month for Elif,
perhaps its both.

>>She doesn't know what to write and replies like that ?
>

>Well since you can't have a decent discussion with proofs to your
arguments
>and you keep repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken
>record player, I decided to descend to your level and talk in a way
that

Broken record player ??? I didn't know that they still made record
players.

Unlike Turkey we have CD's in Hellas

>you would understand. Because otherwise you just don't understand :-)
>

>>Now, you prove to everyone how low-level person you are and how little
>
>Well I had to do that as I said, that's the only thing you understand.
>You can't really have an intellectual discussion you see, you are only
>able to post cheesy things such as ``for you ladies''. And your
>other boyfriend keeps posting stupid songs.

Now who might Elifoula (to miko gataki moy) be refering to here.

Cant be me since none of the songs that I posted are stupid. Must be
referring to the silly song that she posted herself.

>>you know about the issues you try to talk. It would be better for you
if
>>you just didn't reply at all, now you make a real fool of yourself.
And
>>believe me, now that we all know who you really are, we are going to
>>have much fun with you, just keep amusing us.
>
>Well I already made my point several times but you are a donkey, you
don't
>understand.

Donkey Viron. That should considerd that a comnsiderable compliment for
a male member. Elif is jealous that her Turkish compatriots cannot rise
to the occasion like us Greeks.

>>So, little girl, I hope now you took your lesson that when you start
>>debating about an issue, you have to be prepared to debate correctly
and
>>supply evidences and just do not blab and replicate a propaganda which
>>is based on nothing.
>
>:-D as I said, you don't understand.

Open you moth wider Elif and swallow harder.

>>I have seen that you replied to the other posts of mine with the same
>>language, so by courtesy I have to reply the same. Not that it is my
>>style but I do not want to disappoint you.
>
>Allez mon petit, ouste, va te coucher, l'internet c'est pas pour toi.
>

>Casse-toi tu pues et marche a l'ombre :-)

Viron, Elifoula is in love with you and wants to fulfil your every wish.

My advice its that you have to make her familiar with you by stroking
her gently so that she wont scratch you.

Isnt that right gataki moy

Agamemnon

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rdbvl$vai$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>Come here little dog, come on catch this bone!
>
>haha

My little pussy cat Elifoula now wants a little doggy to play with.

Gataki moy, na min peseis me ta skilakia. Tha se dankasoun ke tha
meaourizeis polla.

Agamemnon

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rdc8k$n40$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>Eleftherios Gkioulekas <l...@amath.washington.edu> writes:
>
>>I sure hope that Viron is not your real name. Your parents must have
>>hated you, if indeed it is.
>
>Are you serious Lefteri mou????? hahahahahahahahahah!! I didn't realize
>that his name is Byron!! Isn't that the same as that duffus lord Byron
>who went to Greece thinking that those Slavic peasants are related to
ancient
>Greeks!!! Well actually I am not that surprised, Viron is as stupid as
the
>real one.

Elifoula vre gataki moy. Ksereis ti knoume me ta atakta gatakia stin
Kypro. Valoume tou ta moutia tous sta skata touys ke den kanou ataktes
ksana.

Stavros N. Karageorgis

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
In article <6rfusc$9g4$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu> el...@u.washington.edu (Elif Akcetin) writes:

>"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>>>Are you serious Lefteri mou????? hahahahahahahahahah!! I didn't realize
>>>that his name is Byron!! Isn't that the same as that duffus lord Byron
>>>who went to Greece thinking that those Slavic peasants are related to
>>ancient
>>>Greeks!!! Well actually I am not that surprised, Viron is as stupid as
>>the
>>>real one.

Are you two enjoying your on-line conversation? Can't you have it in real life
instead? BTW, Elif, please keep your information straight. The Rhomaic
peasants Lord Byron dealt with were most probably Christian Albanians, not
'Slavic'. Only religion separated them from your ancestors, right? In fact,
Lefteris Gkioulekas (call me Gion Lekkas) is of the same ancestry. Gosh, darn
it, similar genes DO matter after all, don't they. Your mutual Albanian
genetic heritage has obviously over-matched your religious and national
identity differences. Although Lefteris is kind of a cosmopolitan lad, so it
wasn't a big deal for him.

Also, thanks for the insightful character analysis of Lord Byron: 'duffus'.
Wow, a pearl of wisdom. We are all in your debt. It's also good that you only
dispense the products of your superior brain in some small chunks, for the
rest of us 'simpletons'. Not only are you brilliant, you're also kind. What a
combo!!!

>>Elifoula vre gataki moy. Ksereis ti knoume me ta atakta gatakia stin
>>Kypro. Valoume tou ta moutia tous sta skata touys ke den kanou ataktes
>>ksana.

>Gataki na pis ton putso su.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rdc8k$n40$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>>Eleftherios Gkioulekas <l...@amath.washington.edu> writes:
>>
>>>I sure hope that Viron is not your real name. Your parents must have
>>>hated you, if indeed it is.
>>
>>Are you serious Lefteri mou????? hahahahahahahahahah!! I didn't realize
>>that his name is Byron!! Isn't that the same as that duffus lord Byron
>>who went to Greece thinking that those Slavic peasants are related to
>ancient
>>Greeks!!! Well actually I am not that surprised, Viron is as stupid as
>the
>>real one.
>>

>Elifoula vre gataki moy. Ksereis ti knoume me ta atakta gatakia stin

Elif Akcetin

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98

O gomeno sou o Byron se perimeni, min ton kaneis na perimeni para poli,
endaksi?

Elif Akcetin

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
"Agamemnon" <argyros.argyrou@remove_to_send_email.ukonline.co.uk> writes:

Pekse me ton gomeno sou ton Byron.

Agamemnon

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98

writes:

>>Elifoula vre gataki moy. Ksereis ti knoume me ta atakta gatakia stin
>>Kypro. Valoume tou ta moutia tous sta skata touys ke den kanou ataktes
>>ksana.
>
>Gataki na pis ton putso su.

H Gata mou tha filisei to gataki soy ke tha kanoyn magera opos theleis.
Ke tha hortasesis ke tha soy aresi para pola gadoula moy.

Agamemnon

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rfuia$1652$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

We could make it a threesome if you like but I prefer Radeffoula

Agamemnon

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98

Elif Akcetin wrote in message <6rfunf$tde$1...@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...

>O gomeno sou o Byron se perimeni, min ton kaneis na perimeni para poli,
>endaksi?

Omos an teliosame to pahnidi mas tha to po olo sto Viron kai olei tha
kseroun pos kala ise sto krebati gataki moy.

Elif Akcetin

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98

Stavros Karageorgis
Sociology

The Sociology department regards Stavros as the best TA they have ever
recommended for the Distinguished TA Award and describe him as a gifted
international scholar with a brilliant analytical mind. From students he
will not accept intellectual mediocrity or emotional indifference to academic
material. He challenges them to work hard and improve and obtains their
improvement. The students realize with gratitude that Stavros' rigorous demands
brings out the best in them.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I am NOT one of your students. Remember this.

kara...@ucla.edu (Stavros N. Karageorgis) writes:

>Are you two enjoying your on-line conversation? Can't you have it in real life
>instead? BTW, Elif, please keep your information straight. The Rhomaic

None of your business.

>peasants Lord Byron dealt with were most probably Christian Albanians, not
>'Slavic'. Only religion separated them from your ancestors, right? In fact,

So you accept that there is no such a thing as a Greek race and that
Lord Byron went to Greece only to find Albanians and Slavs and not some
race related to Ancient Greeks. After all, the Greek nation was first
imagined and then created.

>Lefteris Gkioulekas (call me Gion Lekkas) is of the same ancestry. Gosh, darn
>it, similar genes DO matter after all, don't they. Your mutual Albanian
>genetic heritage has obviously over-matched your religious and national
>identity differences. Although Lefteris is kind of a cosmopolitan lad, so it
>wasn't a big deal for him.

I am not entirely Albanian.

>Also, thanks for the insightful character analysis of Lord Byron: 'duffus'.
>Wow, a pearl of wisdom. We are all in your debt. It's also good that you only
>dispense the products of your superior brain in some small chunks, for the
>rest of us 'simpletons'. Not only are you brilliant, you're also kind. What a
>combo!!!

He was a duffus, what can I do? I can't change that!

:)