"I would NEVER marry a Filipino"...

Azmik

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
I've heard this was said by a distant relative of mine who married a white
guy. I know some Filipino American women have something (or is it some
"things") against marrying/dating their own kind.

Sure, Filipino men aren't perfect. What makes white guys, black guys, other
Asian, Latino, etc. men better mates? So you can have Mestizo kids? Are we
that bad? Hell no. Its a disturbing trend I see among some Filipino
American women. What happens when these children from these relationships
ask about Filipinos/their Filipino background? I have no problem with
Filipino American women dating/marrying other races but only when the woman
is deliberately avoiding Filipino American men, I have to wonder. Or is
there no difference?

WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...

- Like to drive nice cars
- Hang out in groups
- Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)
- Are shorter than others

What do you Filipino women think about this kind of attitude?

Sincerely,
AZMIK

Robert Chin

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Hey Azmik:

How you been? Here is the answer to your question guy.

Azmik wrote:

> WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
> Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>
> - Like to drive nice cars
> - Hang out in groups
> - Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)
> - Are shorter than others
>
> What do you Filipino women think about this kind of attitude?
>
> Sincerely,
> AZMIK

I might not be a woman, but I'm here to tell you not to feel bad or let
yourself get worked up over it. It happens with Chinese guys, White
guys and Black guys, too. The problem is not with the guys...let's face
it, guys really are the same all over the US. The problem lays in the
person, male or female, Black, White, Chinese or Filipino, that would do
such a thing simply on the basis of "kind" and not bothering to learn
about the person.

Chill...and be good to your woman!

Bob

Azmik

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Thanks Bob,

I'm alright. Just trying to speak on behalf of all the Pinoys who wonder
why some of their own species considers them inferior/unsavory to pair up
with. In my initial post, I am perhaps answering my own question because
the stereotypes/mannerisms I have listed are indeed applicable to male
humans, not just Filipinos.

Robert Chin wrote in message <35F469...@shore.net>...

>Hey Azmik:
>
>How you been? Here is the answer to your question guy.
>
>Azmik wrote:
>>
>> WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
>> Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>>
>> - Like to drive nice cars
>> - Hang out in groups
>> - Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)
>> - Are shorter than others
>>
>> What do you Filipino women think about this kind of attitude?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> AZMIK
>
>I might not be a woman, but I'm here to tell you not to feel bad or let
>yourself get worked up over it.

-----Thanks again. I don't feel too bad about it, but I sometimes wonder
why I see so many Filipino American women who almost seem to shun everything
Filipino (functions, associations, food, and yes men as well). As if these
women are ashamed about being Filipino. My point is that the same
stereotypes considered bad/usavory/negative can be applied to any
race/ethnic group. I will admit, I am sometimes hurt by this kind of
attitude and am glad that not all Filipino American women think like this.

It happens with Chinese guys, White
>guys and Black guys, too. The problem is not with the guys...let's face
>it, guys really are the same all over the US. The problem lays in the
>person, male or female, Black, White, Chinese or Filipino, that would do
>such a thing simply on the basis of "kind" and not bothering to learn
>about the person.
>
>Chill...and be good to your woman!

-----Was it not worth posting then? Has this been addressed before? Just
thought I would state that I think (my opinion) it is pathetic that some
women of Philippine descent would belittle her fellow male counterparts
because of a stereotypes. Yes, I am good to my strong, brown, Filipina.

>Bob

Peace,
AZMIK
Seattle, WA

Lee Henry Fletcher III

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98

>WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
>Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>
>- Like to drive nice cars
>- Hang out in groups
>- Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)

I dunno.. maybe if the man puts the above things you listed ahead of his
wife then she may be resentful. Is your wife more important than your car or
must she go without things she would like so you can have that nice car?
Would you rather hang out with your group of friends than your wife? Is
competing with each other more important than spending quality time with
your wife?

If the answer to any of the above is "yes" then you have a problem. A man's
wife should be the center of his universe and her happiness, pleasure and
safety should be his occupation.

I'm a white man married to a wonderful Filipina. I can say unequivocally
that I desire her company over the rest of the world. We're best friends and
I have more fun with her than any of my male friends. Although I have a nice
car I would gladly give it up if she had to do without something necessary
to her well being. I always put her happiness first, always before my own.
If there is something that she would like and something different that I
would like, she gets hers if we can only afford one. Don't get me wrong, my
male friends are very important to me and every guy needs them for sanity
reasons. It's great to hang out with the guys sometimes but they should
ALWAYS take a back seat to your wife.

I would also assert the three things you listed that I quoted above are
things that appeal to very young men IMO. They would have been important to
me when I was 20 but mean nothing now that I am 36. Competing? I only
compete with myself to be a better man.

Peace

LHF3

Azmik

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Good points, however I should have maybe specified pre-marital things that
men in general are inclined to do. I'm not married yet but I was referring
to the listed items as factors in why Filipino American women do not date
Filipino American men.

Regards,
AZMIK

Lee Henry Fletcher III

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98

I imagine the same rules apply. Just make the girl #1 and you may be
surprised at the result. My wife had dated some Filipino men and complained
that, on average, they were more concerned with their appearances, stature
among friends then true romance. She claims that in her words, "very few
Filipino men treat women as true equals but many treat them like possessions
or trophies to show off." Although many American or white men can be the
same way, she claims that it's much more common among Filipino men. Now this
is by no means indicative of all, just some or many.

Peace..

LHF3

John J. Cristobal

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Azmik wrote:

> -----Thanks again. I don't feel too bad about it, but I sometimes wonder
> why I see so many Filipino American women who almost seem to shun everything
> Filipino (functions, associations, food, and yes men as well). As if these
> women are ashamed about being Filipino. My point is that the same
> stereotypes considered bad/usavory/negative can be applied to any
> race/ethnic group. I will admit, I am sometimes hurt by this kind of
> attitude and am glad that not all Filipino American women think like this.

Yeah, I've run across women like these, and some really appear to
avoid their own race/kind. Worse, some even bad-mouth Pinoys viciously.
Though, like you've said, it does appear also with other ethnic groups.
Head on over to SCAA and you'll see a lot of Asian-American guys decrying
this negative image of them. As for Filipinas, yes, not all of them think
this way. Your point about this resentment by some of them, though, is
quite valid.

John

John J. Cristobal jjcri...@hotmail.com

Michael Lo

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Hi again Azmik,

Check out the s***storm I caused with the post above which reads "American
Filipinas: Are the(y) all traitors?" Actually I mistyped and missed the "y".
I also wanted to get as many responses as possible so I made it eye-catching.
The responses come close to what I think you are looking for.

Just out of curiosity, is the region you are from predominantly non-minority or
in other words all white? I grew up in one of the whitest zones of the US and
the exact attitude that you are referring to was epidemic among Fil-Am women.
However, the responses that I received made me conclude that my experience may
not be too common. It could just be because I am from a total undiverse part of
the country and that non-white notions of Beauty, Machismo etc. have not been
given any press.

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, I don't think this bodes well for
Pinoy unity. I foresee that we'll have a class of half-pinoys/pinays who are
totally ignorant of their heritage. The alternative would be for them to hate
being half-Pinoy, and I just don't see that.

To answer your question, deliberate avoidance is very different from
dating/marrying other races. If you can't find anyone in your own group, a
person should understandably look for other options.

Azmik wrote:

> I've heard this was said by a distant relative of mine who married a white
> guy. I know some Filipino American women have something (or is it some
> "things") against marrying/dating their own kind.
>
> Sure, Filipino men aren't perfect. What makes white guys, black guys, other
> Asian, Latino, etc. men better mates? So you can have Mestizo kids? Are we
> that bad? Hell no. Its a disturbing trend I see among some Filipino
> American women. What happens when these children from these relationships
> ask about Filipinos/their Filipino background? I have no problem with
> Filipino American women dating/marrying other races but only when the woman
> is deliberately avoiding Filipino American men, I have to wonder. Or is
> there no difference?
>

> WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
> Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>
> - Like to drive nice cars
> - Hang out in groups
> - Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)

Maria L.C. Thorne

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
It is not bec. he is filipino...It is the character of the person a
filipina should look for.
I myself(a filipina) dated a few filipino's and if they are born in the
Philippines, they always talk about who they know that are influencial
people and not what they know about themselves. And for filipino born
in the US - raised here, it is more where are your parents from in the
Phils.

Why? Do you guys judge the filipina woman of where their parents are
from. Either from Manila or the province. Is this how men judge whether
you come from good or bad family? That's why some ( I mean some)
filipinas go out with another race bec. they do not judge the family
background. Other race, black or whiite here in the US judge filipinas
by there personality and kindness and not there status of family
background. That's is why some filipina's do not want to marry a
Filipino....
There are a lot of filipinas that are poor and want a better life in the
US. Filipino American guys here look at them as an opportunist and do
not look at them for there personality. I agree, there is a lot of
filipina that marry for comfort....but wouldn't any woman in any place
on this earth want that?

tansong isda

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Azmik wrote:

> I've heard this was said by a distant relative of mine who married a white
> guy. I know some Filipino American women have something (or is it some
> "things") against marrying/dating their own kind.
>
> Sure, Filipino men aren't perfect. What makes white guys, black guys, other
> Asian, Latino, etc. men better mates? So you can have Mestizo kids? Are we
> that bad? Hell no. Its a disturbing trend I see among some Filipino
> American women. What happens when these children from these relationships
> ask about Filipinos/their Filipino background? I have no problem with
> Filipino American women dating/marrying other races but only when the woman
> is deliberately avoiding Filipino American men, I have to wonder. Or is
> there no difference?
>
> WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
> Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>
> - Like to drive nice cars
> - Hang out in groups
> - Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)
> - Are shorter than others
>
> What do you Filipino women think about this kind of attitude?
>
> Sincerely,
> AZMIK

These things ought to be posted to APH, there's women there.
-driving nice cars is desirable for most women
-hanging out w/others could be a turn-off to some
-most Philippine raised women compete w/others as well
-and shorter still

Timothy Joseph Harvey

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Could it be that they want to be "American", and the guys (whites) want
to be "ethnic". Or could it be that they don't want to be "Filipino",
and the guys don't want to be "American". Or maybe a little of both.

Tim

Azmik <az...@juno.com> wrote:

--
Tim Harvey rightWrite, Incorporated r...@teleport.COM (503) 977-3627

Robert Chin

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Hey Guy:

Azmik wrote:
> I'm alright. Just trying to speak on behalf of all the Pinoys who wonder
> why some of their own species considers them inferior/unsavory to pair up
> with. In my initial post, I am perhaps answering my own question because
> the stereotypes/mannerisms I have listed are indeed applicable to male
> humans, not just Filipinos.

You're right. The important thing to remember is that it's not just a
Filipino phenomena. It's something that cuts across all races and
cultures. You know, a running joke between some of my black friends and
myself is that you can't look at a person and tell what kind of car they
drive, but you can look at a cars and tell which one has the Asian
driver in it.

> Thanks again. I don't feel too bad about it, but I sometimes wonder
> why I see so many Filipino American women who almost seem to shun everything
> Filipino (functions, associations, food, and yes men as well). As if these
> women are ashamed about being Filipino. My point is that the same
> stereotypes considered bad/usavory/negative can be applied to any
> race/ethnic group. I will admit, I am sometimes hurt by this kind of
> attitude and am glad that not all Filipino American women think like this.

It's natural to be hurt by it. I used to get that way about Chinese
women too, but then, as I said earlier, I learned to accept that a
person who would do that (shun their own people) is a self limiting
person. They never amount to much. I know. I see it first hand in my
own family.

> Was it not worth posting then? Has this been addressed before? Just
> thought I would state that I think (my opinion) it is pathetic that some
> women of Philippine descent would belittle her fellow male counterparts
> because of a stereotypes. Yes, I am good to my strong, brown, Filipina.

AZMIK...most of the stuff you post is worth posting. As for the
Filipina or Filipino, (or the Chinese guy or girl, or the White guy or
girl, etc) who would shun their own kind and turn their backs on their
ancestry, just be glad about one thing. She's not your problem.

sonny

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
i live in southern california and see this all the time--filipinas with
non-filipinos. it may be true that most filipinos are not experts in
romance but we are at a bigger disadvantage. for filipinas in america
everytime they turn on the t.v. or read a magazine or listen to the radio
they hear and see whites or blacks that are considered beautiful by american
standards. this makes it hard for a filipina to choose a filipino over a
white/black. besides physical appearance some filipinas are with white guys
because they think that being (or just being seen) with a white man gives
them an advance in status, a sort of "moving up"(same reason for having half
breed kids). i have even heard that filipinos are just not good enough in
bed. for filipinas in P.I. it is simpler, a white man is a ticket to
america.

so, what can we do?
we can ignore them and remind ourselves that it really isn't our business.
but i think it is time for us filipinos to treat filipinas better.
lets be more sensitive to her needs, lets listen more when she speaks, lets
say mahal kita in a more sincere manner, and lets make sure she is satisfied
when it comes to pagtatalik. let them know that there are a lot of good
filipinos out there!!!

in case you are wondering:
i am a filipino happily married to a filipina.

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Hey John Cristobal,

John J. Cristobal wrote in message ...

>On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Azmik wrote:

>Yeah, I've run across women like these, and some really appear to
>avoid their own race/kind. Worse, some even bad-mouth Pinoys viciously.

-----As if they're above being Filipino. Filipino is too lowly for them but
they should look in the mirror. Like Julio Iglesias Jr. Does he give a
damn about his Filipino side? I don't know him personally so I really don't
know. But how about non-famous half-Filipino friends and relatives?

>Though, like you've said, it does appear also with other ethnic groups.
>Head on over to SCAA and you'll see a lot of Asian-American guys decrying
>this negative image of them. As for Filipinas, yes, not all of them think
>this way. Your point about this resentment by some of them, though, is
>quite valid.

-----Sad isn't it?

Ingat,
azmik

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

Lee Henry Fletcher III wrote in message ...

Just make the girl #1 and you may be
>surprised at the result.
-----Are you saying that some Filipino men put women AFTER the things I've
listed? That's new to me and if I was a Pinay I of course would be turned
off. Can the girl be #1 and still have the Pinoy drive the nice car,
compete with the next guy, hang out with buddies, etc.

My wife had dated some Filipino men and complained
>that, on average, they were more concerned with their appearances, stature
>among friends then true romance. She claims that in her words, "very few
>Filipino men treat women as true equals but many treat them like
possessions
>or trophies to show off."

-----Before you met your wife, did you know any Filipinos? If you knew
Filipinos prior to meeting your wife, were they/are your friends? Pretend
your wife never told you about Filipino men. What was your impression of
Filipino men, if any?

Although many American or white men can be the
>same way, she claims that it's much more common among Filipino men. Now
this
>is by no means indicative of all, just some or many.
>
>Peace..
>
>LHF3

-----Thanks for your input

Regards,
AZMIK

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

Timothy Joseph Harvey wrote in message ...

>Could it be that they want to be "American"
Are you talkin' bout Filipino Americans wanting to be "American"?

and the guys (whites) want
>to be "ethnic". Or could it be that they don't want to be "Filipino",
>and the guys don't want to be "American". Or maybe a little of both.
>
>Tim

-----A little of both, maybe? If I understand you correctly

AZMIK

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Hey Michael Lo!

-----I'm a check it out...

Actually I mistyped and missed the "y".
>I also wanted to get as many responses as possible so I made it
eye-catching.
>The responses come close to what I think you are looking for.
>
>Just out of curiosity, is the region you are from predominantly
non-minority or
>in other words all white?

-----Seattle, WA...lots of Asians (Filipinos most numerous like in CA). The
breakdown for WA is probably: White, Asian, Black, Mexican (?)

-----epidemic? good word!

>However, the responses that I received made me conclude that my experience
may
>not be too common. It could just be because I am from a total undiverse
part of
>the country and that non-white notions of Beauty, Machismo etc. have not
been
>given any press.
>
>I understand your concern. Unfortunately, I don't think this bodes well
for
>Pinoy unity. I foresee that we'll have a class of half-pinoys/pinays who
are
>totally ignorant of their heritage. The alternative would be for them to
hate
>being half-Pinoy, and I just don't see that.

-----I've seen many half-Filipinos, down with the rest and some who aren't.
Filipinos are usually accepting of half-Filipinos whereas if there is any
animosity, its on the Mestizo/Mestiza behalf sometimes the result of
believing that the full Filipinos looking down on Filipinos who aren't full
Filipino. That's just from experience and could possibly be the subject of
a new post!

AZMIK

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Excellent! A Pinay's point of view...
You're a Filipino woman from the Philippines, diba?
How bout' you Filipino women born the U.S. of A.?

Maria L.C. Thorne wrote in message
<15724-35...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

-----Thank you for your comments. You're honest in what you say. I respect
that.

AZMIK

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Mr. Tansong Isda:

Sounds like a good idea!

Late,
AZMIKA

Romy M Abacan

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Yes, definitely....Neither would I.... I'd marry a Filipina anytime though!!....

tansong isda

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Azmik wrote:

> Hey John Cristobal,
>
> John J. Cristobal wrote in message ...
> >On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Azmik wrote:
>
> >Yeah, I've run across women like these, and some really appear to
> >avoid their own race/kind. Worse, some even bad-mouth Pinoys viciously.
> -----As if they're above being Filipino. Filipino is too lowly for them but
> they should look in the mirror. Like Julio Iglesias Jr. Does he give a
> damn about his Filipino side? I don't know him personally so I really don't
> know. But how about non-famous half-Filipino friends and relatives?

That sounds like me and my family....you'll be proud to know, most of them has
never been to the Philippines, but they eat and think Filipino! Forget about the
"other" side.

> -----Sad isn't it?
>
> Ingat,
> azmik

Not all are like that....I keep a positive outlook on this.

Tempor1033

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
If all you Filipino dudes feel insecure about Filipino girls refusing to date
us - then you've got to take the Tinikling Stick out of your ass. Filipino
men just have to stop being so uptight about it. I can care less about who
some Filipino gal dates. The general attitude in American society - WHITE IS
RIGHT!! I think another reason has to do with the Colonial Mentality present
among a good number of Filipinos. Hell even my parents and relatives make fun
of me for being dark. But I don't give a damn! I do what I want.
I do believe that one day - Filipinos will become a force to be reckoned with
and it will be considered - "Cool" to date a Filipino just like it's cool to
date a black guy or white guy. I forsee a counter-attack to the Colonial
Mentality that is present among Filipinos. The main thing that needs to happen
is we need to get more positive media exposure. THat means we need more Pinoys
to become involved with the entertainment industry as writers, producers,
athletes, actors, whatever - but it has to be done in a way where we aren't
trying to be black, white, or something else. We just need to be ourselves
because we are a great and wonderful people. I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Sick Pig

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Good observations, Ogags. In my biased opinion based on having been
brought up and lived until adulthood in the military/diplomatic culture,
the only good looking Pinay wives of military personnel are married to
Pinoys. Those Pinays married to non- Pinoys are, to put it kindly, the
"Oh My God!" types. I kept telling my comrades throughout my short
career that they will not go to their hometowns' red light districts to
pick out a wife; why go to Clark or Subic's red light districts to find
a lifetime partner? I told them to hang out at decent places in the
Philippines, pick up a girl in the usual "ligaw" way, and to hell with
the whores. I have nothing against whores, but I value my friends and I
would not deliberately match any of them with a whore. But it happens
by the hundreds, and you can usually pick out these ladies from a mile
away because even after years in the states, they still dress up like
they're preparing to walk the streets of Subic/Clark. The language they
use when among themselves are straight from the imburnal, and the cheap
perfumes can kill you in crowds.

Then there is the phenomenon of "sea widows" in the Navy. Their
husband's ships are still visible in the distance on their way to the
usual 6-8 months of deployment, and these ladies are already at the
service clubs picking up other guys to be their boyfriends for 6-8
months until their husbands come back. They are a black eye to Pinays
everywhere. They go with their husbands to foreign assignments and
misrepresent the true Pinay worldwide. They are military dependents
entitled to club, theater, commissary, exchange, medical and other
privileges, just like my mother, so what can one do but grit one's
teeth.

Pig

Tonyong Gago wrote:

> Ewan ko tans... pero sa Pinas... ang observation ko lang... wala akong
> nakitang magandang Filipina na nag-asawa ng Amerikano... siguro dyan sa
> states... ang alam ko ang mga asawa dito ng mga puti o Caucasians ay mga
> puta beauty or mga pangit sa tingin ng pinoy...
>
> Siguro kaya gusto ng karamihan na Fil-am chicks ng kano dahil "they are
> beyutipul in their eyes"... kasi sa mata ng Pinoy pangit sila...
> hehehehehe... isa pa rin siguro ang mind-set ng mga yan ay para
> ma-iangat ang antas ng kanilang pag-katao since minority race sila sa US
> of A... pero it depends on the values...
>
> Aba kung ayaw ng tsik na Fil-am sa akin... to hell with her... maraming
> bebot dine sa pilipinas na pwede kong isakay sa jeepney kong pampasahero
> at ipasyal sa Mt. Banahaw... hehehehehe... baka sila ang insecure dahil
> alam nila mukha silang pangit sa mata ng Pinoy... dahil ang nanay nila
> baka dating nabitbit lang ng tatay nilang kano galing sa isang beerhouse
> dito sa Pinas...
>
> Tonyong Gago

Azmik

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

Tempor1033 wrote in message
<199809082004...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> If all you Filipino dudes feel insecure about Filipino girls refusing to
date
>us -
----some Filipino girls, not all

then you've got to take the Tinikling Stick out of your ass.

----what the hell would a Tinikling Stick be doing in my ass?

----good

The general attitude in American society - WHITE IS
>RIGHT!! I think another reason has to do with the Colonial Mentality
present
>among a good number of Filipinos. Hell even my parents and relatives make
fun
>of me for being dark. But I don't give a damn! I do what I want.
> I do believe that one day - Filipinos will become a force to be reckoned
with
>and it will be considered - "Cool" to date a Filipino just like it's cool
>date a black guy or white guy. I forsee a counter-attack to the Colonial
>Mentality that is present among Filipinos. The main thing that needs to
happen
>is we need to get more positive media exposure. THat means we need more
Pinoys
>to become involved with the entertainment industry as writers, producers,
>athletes, actors, whatever - but it has to be done in a way where we aren't
>trying to be black, white, or something else. We just need to be ourselves
>because we are a great and wonderful people. I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

----i somewhat agree

AZMIK

Tonyong Gago

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98

Ewan ko tans... pero sa Pinas... ang observation ko lang... wala akong

Timothy Joseph Harvey

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Yeah, you've got it. You can never be American enough, especially if
you feel that citizenship doesn't necessarily "make it so" (to quote
Pichard).

I wonder how such relationships ultimately work out. Let's see, if I
don't want to be what I'm but what you are, and you don't want to be
what you are but what I'm. . . it seems a natural goldmine of "opposites
attract", but implosion seems imminent.

This would make a great Star Trek episode, don't you think?

"Ilaga"

babs

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Well, people, I didn't marry a Filipino simply because - I didn't get the
chance. Call it fate, call it anything but intentional. Now, smile, there
are heaps of good pinoys out there!

Please don't flame me, I'm just a girl
http://www.cubao.com/islag

shin...@hotmail.com

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
In article <35F5D077...@hotmail.com>,

Tonyong Gago <tonyong...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>... to hell with her... maraming
> bebot dine sa pilipinas na pwede kong isakay sa jeepney kong pampasahero
> at ipasyal sa Mt. Banahaw... hehehehehe... baka sila ang insecure dahil
> alam nila mukha silang pangit sa mata ng Pinoy... dahil ang nanay nila
> baka dating nabitbit lang ng tatay nilang kano galing sa isang beerhouse
> dito sa Pinas...
>
> Tonyong Gago

Ka Tonyo,

Marami ka palang bebot diyan .... Pahingi naman ng isa . ;-) ... Do I get
the usual student discount when I ride on your jeepney ?

Anyway ... I think Bob made an excellent point , when he mention that the
problem was not with the Filipino male in general but depends mostly on the
preference of that lady in particular . And as he said, its prevalent even
with other races.. Obviously the lady made a generalization on the Pinoy male
based on her own experience perhaps (?) ... We know how the saying go ... "To
quickly judge and generalize is a sign of narrow mindedness "....( Don't ask
me I wasn't the one who made this comment.) ....

---
Jojo

ronald h. davis

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
sonny wrote:

> i live in southern california and see this all the time--filipinas with
> non-filipinos. it may be true that most filipinos are not experts in
> romance but we are at a bigger disadvantage. for filipinas in america
> everytime they turn on the t.v. or read a magazine or listen to the radio
> they hear and see whites or blacks that are considered beautiful by american
> standards. this makes it hard for a filipina to choose a filipino over a
> white/black.

i'm curious, how many filipinas do you see getting married to black
guys? i mean, in the united states, the 'moving up' issue that you
mention would suggest that a black man would be the last (i.e. even
after filipinos) man that a filipina would want to marry.

ronald h. davis

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Lee Henry Fletcher III wrote:

> >WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
> >Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
> >
> >- Like to drive nice cars
> >- Hang out in groups
> >- Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)
>
> I dunno.. maybe if the man puts the above things you listed ahead of his
> wife then she may be resentful.

well, based upon your premise she would have already married the guy;
the thread suggests that some filipinas wouldn't marry a filipino in
the first place. i mean, if he got married to a filipina under these
circumstances then it would suggest that she was either:

- attracted to him because he love of nice cars (which,
by the way, a LOT of women like nice cars);

- or she accepted the stuff that the original poster mentioned.

> I'm a white man married to a wonderful Filipina. I can say unequivocally
> that I desire her company over the rest of the world. We're best friends and
> I have more fun with her than any of my male friends. Although I have a nice
> car I would gladly give it up if she had to do without something necessary
> to her well being. I always put her happiness first, always before my own.
> If there is something that she would like and something different that I
> would like, she gets hers if we can only afford one. Don't get me wrong, my
> male friends are very important to me and every guy needs them for sanity
> reasons. It's great to hang out with the guys sometimes but they should
> ALWAYS take a back seat to your wife.

well, the way things go in the united states, when you get married
you can flip a coin - heads you stay married, tails you eventually
get divorced - and the odds of the coin toss are about the same
odds that you have in the marriage. personally, in my opinion, its
the heavy romantics (like you appear to be) who are the most likely
to end up in the divorce court. i mean, have you ever noticed that
the people who stay married for the longest time are the ones most
likely to tell you how hard it is to sustain a marriage? yet, take
the person who can sing a stirring love ballad, and when you pick
up the paper the next week you read that they're getting divorced.

ronald h. davis

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Lee Henry Fletcher III wrote:

> I imagine the same rules apply. Just make the girl #1 and you may be
> surprised at the result. My wife had dated some Filipino men and complained

> that, on average, they were more concerned with their appearances, stature
> among friends then true romance.

that sounds like a lot of women.

> She claims that in her words, "very few
> Filipino men treat women as true equals but many treat them like possessions
> or trophies to show off."

they sound quite americanized in that case.

> Although many American or white men can be the
> same way, she claims that it's much more common among Filipino men. Now this
> is by no means indicative of all, just some or many.

...and i would say that she apparently formed an image of filipino men
and then fashioned an image of white men that said that they were what
filipino men weren't. i mean, to read what you have written, i would
say that she has either not met many white men (which would support
what i stated), or she has but even if she saw the same behavior in
white men she interpreted it differently due to either having made up
her mind that white men were "different", or she formed a different set
of expectations for white men such that behaviors which were
unacceptable in filipino men were tolerable in white ones.

tansong isda

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Tonyong Gago wrote:

> Siguro kaya gusto ng karamihan na Fil-am chicks ng kano dahil "they are
> beyutipul in their eyes"... kasi sa mata ng Pinoy pangit sila...
> hehehehehe... isa pa rin siguro ang mind-set ng mga yan ay para
> ma-iangat ang antas ng kanilang pag-katao since minority race sila sa US
> of A... pero it depends on the values...
>

> Aba kung ayaw ng tsik na Fil-am sa akin... to hell with her... maraming

> bebot dine sa pilipinas na pwede kong isakay sa jeepney kong pampasahero
> at ipasyal sa Mt. Banahaw... hehehehehe... baka sila ang insecure dahil
> alam nila mukha silang pangit sa mata ng Pinoy... dahil ang nanay nila
> baka dating nabitbit lang ng tatay nilang kano galing sa isang beerhouse
> dito sa Pinas...
>
> Tonyong Gago

That'll be fine, mas marami ang females sa mga kelots.....I think 3 to 1 ang ratio, I
could be wrong, dito sa States, maraming Pinay na walang asawa o kaya divorcee', sila
rin kung gustong mamili. Wala rin..... their loss.

tansong isda

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Dirty Sick Pig wrote:

> Then there is the phenomenon of "sea widows" in the Navy. Their
> husband's ships are still visible in the distance on their way to the
> usual 6-8 months of deployment, and these ladies are already at the
> service clubs picking up other guys to be their boyfriends for 6-8
> months until their husbands come back. They are a black eye to Pinays
> everywhere. They go with their husbands to foreign assignments and
> misrepresent the true Pinay worldwide. They are military dependents
> entitled to club, theater, commissary, exchange, medical and other
> privileges, just like my mother, so what can one do but grit one's
> teeth.
>
> Pig

You are absolutely right, boy-ba, totoo nga ito. Remember why US servicemen
created the LBFM acronym, for that reason. It is why our female population is
being branded the same way, when in no way are they the same!

Tonyong Gago

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
shin...@hotmail.com wrote:

> In article <35F5D077...@hotmail.com>,
> Tonyong Gago <tonyong...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >... to hell with her... maraming
> > bebot dine sa pilipinas na pwede kong isakay sa jeepney kong pampasahero
> > at ipasyal sa Mt. Banahaw... hehehehehe... baka sila ang insecure dahil
> > alam nila mukha silang pangit sa mata ng Pinoy... dahil ang nanay nila
> > baka dating nabitbit lang ng tatay nilang kano galing sa isang beerhouse
> > dito sa Pinas...
> >
> > Tonyong Gago
> >

> Ka Tonyo,
>
> Marami ka palang bebot diyan .... Pahingi naman ng isa . ;-) ... Do I get
> the usual student discount when I ride on your jeepney ?

Ober ka naman... hindi naman ako matandang hukluban para tawagin mong
"KA TONYO"... isa pa hindi rin ako miyembro ng Alex Bukayo Brigeyd...
hehehehehehe... sige bibigyan kita ng diskawnt... hehehehehehe... pero
no touch sa mga asawa ko... bwahahahahaha.... kundi... walang magagawa
yang shinjitsu ekek mo sa shotgun ko... hehehehehehehe...

> Anyway ... I think Bob made an excellent point , when he mention that the
> problem was not with the Filipino male in general but depends mostly on the
> preference of that lady in particular . And as he said, its prevalent even
> with other races.. Obviously the lady made a generalization on the Pinoy male
> based on her own experience perhaps (?) ... We know how the saying go ... "To
> quickly judge and generalize is a sign of narrow mindedness "....( Don't ask
> me I wasn't the one who made this comment.) ....

... and I agree with that... its the value system of these bebots...
kaya they have this kind of preference. Ang nakakainis din hindi lang
yang mga Fil-am bebots ang ganyan ang pananaw... Pati yang mga babaeng
lumaki sa ibang bansa... Generally ang mindset nila ay the Filipino
males have an "awkward culture" and they tend to stoop down on them...
they'd like to think that they know every inch of our manliness -the way
we act, the way we think and the way we make love... tend to compare us
with the masculinity of the race where they are the minority... I tell
you Jojo, I've met a lot of Fil-am bebots and most of them stink... they
don't usually take a bath when they're here in the Philippines... the
only thing they're good at is the English language... they are stupidly
unromantic... all they want to do all day is to criticize everything in
the Philippines... hehehehehehe...

Minsan akala nila insecurity ang pagiging aloof ng mga TRUE BLUE
FILIPINOS sa kanila... pero hindi... I just would like to call it
INDIFFERENCE or UNFAMILIARITY.... not insecurity... the TRUE BLUE
Filipino males are very much secured in their own way... kahit squatter
yan... kahit magsasaka yan... kahit karpintero yan... kahit jeepney
driver yan... Eh tingnan mo nga and do some research on FILIPINO
masculinity sino ang pinakamaraming kabit? YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE OLD
MAN OF THE SEA AND THE VACATIONING BUSINESS MAN... they have a different
mind set... we are the former...

TONYONG GAGO

Edmund Dantes

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

can anyone believe this guy?

every time he opens his mouth, he spits out racist slurs. its either he is
lying about getting a graduate degree from mit or he has exhausted
everything between his ears with ten years of schooling.

listen, asshole. get your friggin' ass out of here or else i will post
everyone at lucent about your racist tendencies. you're a disgrace to
lucent.

the count

ronald h. davis <ron...@lucent.com> wrote in article
<35F6FB2B...@lucent.com>...

Tonyong Gago

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
hahahaha... siguro yan ang perception ng mga gerlprends mong
pinagmamalaki mo o yang sarili mong perception tungkol sa tatay mo...
pero tatay ko hinde...

Lola Mae wrote:

> ahhh, i see, it's about fil/am pinays ...
>
> i asked my girlfriends this question, and they all came up with negative
>
> € pinoys are basically lazy;

we really are a bunch of lazy males... coz before we are fucking filthy
rich... until your caucasian boyfriends fooled us into this corporate
kind of mentality...

> € they're more interested in getting together with their barkadas for
> beer and pulutan;

we always celebrate life... no matter what the odds are... kahit masaya
o malungkot...

> € they're always into a collection of women, playboys and insincere
> romeos all of them ... they have a way with flowery words, but they run
> the same lines to every women they meet and woo;

maybe your girlfriends came from the squatter areas or the slums...
bwahahahahahaha... baka yung pamilya nila ang walang breeding... in the
first place... kung miyembro sila ng isang mayamang pamilya dito sa
Pilipinas wala sana sila sa Hongkong at nagdidildil ng asin dyan...

> € they don't know the meaning of being faithful;

my dads and my uncles know the value of being faithful...

> € they're not good at saving money, they're always in debt;

Baka nga ang mga TATAY, kapatid at tiyuhin ng kaibigan mo mga
mangungutang kaya ayan ang trabaho nila magputa sa ibang bansa..

> € they're into kissing their boss's ass, brown-nosing ... they don't use
> their intellect even though they have it;

Hahahahaha... just like any caucasian with climbing a fucking corporate
ladder... its what we've been taught by the westerners...

> € they're mama's boy and can't make decisions for themselves;

Siguro nga yung tatay nila Mama's boy...

> € they're fat and unhealthy;

siguro ang mga tatay nila... bwahahahahahaha...

> € yes, they're short and dark, they feel insecure about their height and
> it shows;

I know... I'm short and dark... but I'm not insecure... I can bad
mouth anyone anytime of the day.... I can speak my mind anytime I want
to...

> € there's too many baklas and silahis around in manila, pinoys tolerate
> them so they doubt the macho-ness of some pinoy;

sooo... what's the point... manila is just a small place within the
archipelago of the Philippines...

> € some pinoys are violent and they beat their wife up;

hahaha... siguro dyan sa lugar ng mga girlprends mong me lahing
skuwakuwa pero nagpapakamaharlika...

> they prefer mestizos over pure pinoys as they feel that the western
> influence is more dominant and all the negative traits of a pinoy is
> lessened. the contrast also, in a relationship with caucasian or other
> nationalities, allow the pinay to highlight her exoticness.
>
> they're fed up with the image of the hard working pinays and the lazy
> tambayan pinoys.

It started out with the question of breeding... then they used you to
reply like this... what do you expect... In fairness to Filipino gents
like my dad and my uncles... spare them... I may not be like them...
but they sure practice and preached the value of what a TRUE BLUE Pinoy
is... they are educated and well bred... unlike you girlfriend's...
bwahahahahahaha...

TONYONG GAGO

Tonyong Gago

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
HAHAHAHAHA... and you talk about breeding...

I NOW REST MY CASE...

Wanna be my sixth wife?... bwahahahahahahaha...

TONYONG GAGO

Modesty Blaise wrote:

> Sweet Revenge!
>
> You whingeing loser. You already conned four women into being your
> wives, and you want more women to like Filipino cockroaches like you? Go
> and find a midget who thinks the sun shines out of your asshole, fart
> face, for your next wife! If you can't take the truth of what we told
> her, then go get a dick implant from the Japs! Maybe with two dicks your
> insecurity won't come across and smell as bad as your breath. Phew! I'll
> bet you can't even afford to buy soap and shampoo to wash up because
> you're lazy and YOU'VE GOT NO MONEY.
>
> You just proved us and our arguments all right! If you can't take
> Filipina women telling you the truth, then shut the fuck up. Dickless
> piece of shit!
>
> I'm bombing Vina's powerbook! She stepped out to grab some grub, and I'm
> pouring coffee on her keyboards! So even if you want to flame me back,
> peanut balls, I WON'T KNOW! I HAVE THE LAST WORD ON THIS!
>
> No more girls to play with. Now isn't that just too bad. Tee hee hee!
>
> Coffee anyone?
>
> *MODESTY*

mali...@cheerful.com

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
In article <35F704C2...@lucent.com>,

"ronald h. davis" <ron...@lucent.com> wrote:
> Lee Henry Fletcher III wrote:

The way ALL marriages go, whether it's between people of the same or
different race (white, black, brown, yellow, in-between or polka dot), the
thing that counts most is adequate communication. If the lines of
communication remain open between the two, then there's a good chance the
marriage will last.

It is not a good idea to say "I would never marry a Filipino" because one
should never say never. This idea is not just James Bond's.

=) mali...@cheerfulnospamplease.com

SDNamii

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

Tonyong Gago wrote in message <35F786CE...@hotmail.com>...

>Lola Mae wrote:
>>
>> ahhh, i see, it's about fil/am pinays ...
>>
>> i asked my girlfriends this question, and they all came up with negative
>>
>> € pinoys are basically lazy;

Not so. You are probably just meeting all the wrong guys. And may I point
out that there are lazier people out there abroad than right here at home.

>> € they're more interested in getting together with their barkadas for
>> beer and pulutan;

Eeek. Definitely the wrong people :)

>> € they're always into a collection of women, playboys and insincere
>> romeos all of them ... they have a way with flowery words, but they run
>> the same lines to every women they meet and woo;

True for some. But not for all. I personally scold this classmate of mine
who flirts a lot with girls.

>> € they don't know the meaning of being faithful;

Hidoi! I still lament the loss of my good friend (hindi pa nga girlfriend
eh) who left for Canada. And I have friends who are probably the most
faithful people in the world...parang aso nga eh.

>> € they're not good at saving money, they're always in debt;

THAT'S true. Both also on the other extreme, either too extravegant or too
stingy. I'd likd to believe that I'm a balance of the two :)

>> € they're into kissing their boss's ass, brown-nosing ... they don't use
>> their intellect even though they have it;

Dunno about that, I'm still a student. Women are still craftier though.

>> € they're mama's boy and can't make decisions for themselves;

No, in fact, Pinoys are very headstrong ;>

>> € they're fat and unhealthy;

WHAT?! Of course not!

>> € yes, they're short and dark, they feel insecure about their height and
>> it shows;

Oh, isn't everyone insecure about something in their life?

>> € there's too many baklas and silahis around in manila, pinoys tolerate
>> them so they doubt the macho-ness of some pinoy;

That's fault on part of the pinay isn't it? Stereotyping their own
countrymen...how could they ;_;

>> € some pinoys are violent and they beat their wife up;

Pinay would be partly to blame it for that. Would you marry an alcohol
bottle toting, chain smoking, drug inducing junkie?

>> they prefer mestizos over pure pinoys as they feel that the western
>> influence is more dominant and all the negative traits of a pinoy is
>> lessened. the contrast also, in a relationship with caucasian or other
>> nationalities, allow the pinay to highlight her exoticness.

Thus...all going so far, meaning all this sums up to Girl Power and Pinay
Pride. All for the vanity of the pinay. This is how this is appearing to me
now.

>> they're fed up with the image of the hard working pinays and the lazy
>> tambayan pinoys.

You mean they're fed up with men who 70% of the time, can't provide them
with what they want.
This is just from the point of view of a teenaged student. In time I may
become all these things that you described. I pray not though. Women are not
trophies to me.

ronald h. davis

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Edmund Dantes wrote:

> can anyone believe this guy?
>
> every time he opens his mouth, he spits out racist slurs. its either he is
> lying about getting a graduate degree from mit or he has exhausted
> everything between his ears with ten years of schooling.
>
> listen, asshole. get your friggin' ass out of here or else i will post
> everyone at lucent about your racist tendencies. you're a disgrace to
> lucent.

well *i* certainly don't believe you. i don't know what your problem
is but it is certainly clear that you *didn't* go to mit. as it turns
out, i did and whatever problem you have with that is your problem, not
mine. aside from your constant, off-topic flamebaiting (which better
belongs on alt.flame than here) all i can advise you to do is to seek
professional help immediately.

John J. Cristobal

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Oh, great. Another wannabe eloquent, wisecrack post spilling over
to SCF. TG, can you please keep mindless blurbs like these confined
to APH? I'm sure SCF would be better off without such gibberish
rantings.

Thanks.

John

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Tonyong Gago wrote:
> Modesty Blaise wrote:
> >
> > Sweet Revenge!
> >
> > You whingeing loser. You already conned four women into being your
> > wives, and you want more women to like Filipino cockroaches like you? Go
> > and find a midget who thinks the sun shines out of your asshole, fart
> > face, for your next wife! If you can't take the truth of what we told
> > her, then go get a dick implant from the Japs! Maybe with two dicks your
> > insecurity won't come across and smell as bad as your breath. Phew! I'll
> > bet you can't even afford to buy soap and shampoo to wash up because
> > you're lazy and YOU'VE GOT NO MONEY.

John J. Cristobal jjcri...@hotmail.com

David J. Baltazar

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Azmik (az...@juno.com) wrote:

: >Yeah, I've run across women like these, and some really appear to
: >avoid their own race/kind. Worse, some even bad-mouth Pinoys viciously.
: -----As if they're above being Filipino. Filipino is too lowly for them but
: they should look in the mirror. Like Julio Iglesias Jr. Does he give a
: damn about his Filipino side? I don't know him personally so I really don't
: know. But how about non-famous half-Filipino friends and relatives?

Well I went to highschool with Julio Iglesias Jr. From what I
gathered from him and his older sister, they were both very away
of their mother's heritage. Their mother spent some time in Spain and
was fluent in Spanish, so it's no suprise that they were more
influenced by their hispanic side. They were more or less a product
of their own environment, living in a predominantly Hispanic community in
Miami. I remember when I was a freshman, Isabel Iglesias came up to me
and asked if I was filipino and I was floored when she told me she was
too. At first I didn't know who she was, but she was absolutely stunning.
She was extremely friendly to me and very approachable throughout
highschool. I happened to catch her on the Oprah Winfrey Show a few years
back, and she was just as beautiful.

-dave

sitam...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Whooooops! Kakosa Tonying, ano na ba ang nangyari at biglang
nag-iba ang ihip ng hangin? Ba't mo binanatan ng husto si
Lola Mae? Hehehehe.... Naunsiyami na ba ang pagligaw mo kay
budha?... este, lola?... Bakit nga ba pirmeng gelprends ang
bukhang bibig? Hehehehe... sapalagay ko eh pompyang... yun
bang tinatawang na "dike-on-a-bike" dito sa Tate. Hehehehe.

Tamulmol

In article <35F786CE...@hotmail.com>,

> [...]

> hahaha... siguro dyan sa lugar ng mga girlprends mong me lahing
> skuwakuwa pero nagpapakamaharlika...
>

> > they prefer mestizos over pure pinoys as they feel that the western
> > influence is more dominant and all the negative traits of a pinoy is
> > lessened. the contrast also, in a relationship with caucasian or other
> > nationalities, allow the pinay to highlight her exoticness.
> >

> > they're fed up with the image of the hard working pinays and the lazy
> > tambayan pinoys.
> >

> It started out with the question of breeding... then they used you to
> reply like this... what do you expect... In fairness to Filipino gents
> like my dad and my uncles... spare them... I may not be like them...
> but they sure practice and preached the value of what a TRUE BLUE Pinoy
> is... they are educated and well bred... unlike you girlfriend's...

Isip Bata

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
You are showing your true colors, Modess. Well, that just proves that you
have "breeding" unlike the Pinoys in here.

Let us trace your "breeding" pedigree......
Your sire was a Bulldog and your dam was a Shitzu. That makes you a
pure....BullShit.

Willie Garvin

Tonyong Gago wrote in message <35F7BA21...@hotmail.com>...

>HAHAHAHAHA... and you talk about breeding...
>
>I NOW REST MY CASE...
>
>Wanna be my sixth wife?... bwahahahahahahaha...
>

>TONYONG GAGO
>

>Modesty Blaise wrote:
>>
>> Sweet Revenge!
>>
>> You whingeing loser. You already conned four women into being your
>> wives, and you want more women to like Filipino cockroaches like you? Go
>> and find a midget who thinks the sun shines out of your asshole, fart
>> face, for your next wife! If you can't take the truth of what we told
>> her, then go get a dick implant from the Japs! Maybe with two dicks your
>> insecurity won't come across and smell as bad as your breath. Phew! I'll
>> bet you can't even afford to buy soap and shampoo to wash up because
>> you're lazy and YOU'VE GOT NO MONEY.

Isip Bata

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
"I would Never marry a Filipino". I agree 100%.
Why marry, and make one Pinoy miserable, when you can stay single and make
us all happy?

From the responses given by your friends in HK, it sounds as
if these girls come from broken families or were abused by their parents or
siblings. Do you happen to be running a
halfway house or an outreach program for abused women?
Just asking. Because if that were so, the results of your
informal survey would be very much skewed.

Do all the *qualities* you mentioned belong to one Pinoy?
Then for God's sake girls, stop dating that guy. There are more Pinoys out
there without those "qualities"

In any culture or social milieu there are always a few losers.
Your girls seem to attract or are unnaturally attracted to these
few losers; only to be hurt and disappointed; and then when
the next opportunity comes, they up and go with these losers
again. Sounds familiar? Fatal Attraction? Maybe it comes with the territory.
Or maybe that is the only kind of men available or at hand.The
showbiz-creative environment attracts just this kind deviants.

Maybe your girls should go out of this glitz and glitter shell of
showbiz life and meet real Pinoy people, not the soap opera
stereotype that is portrayed in your survey.

Which reminds me of the guy who wrote down his wife's being unemployed as
grounds for divorce. When asked why
he was doing this, he replied:

" I truly do not resent my wife not helping with the family finances. I make
more than enough for our needs. But if she is not out of the house and
working, she would be in front of the TV all day watching soap operas and
that Oprah stuff."

"And then I come home in the evening ready to enjoy a nice
dinner with my wife but I see her sobbing in one corner of the
sofa. I approach her to ask what what was wrong, but she suddenly stands up
and screams at me: 'DON'T TOUCH ME!! I HATE YOU! I HATE ALL MEN! MEN ARE
SLIME!'
I look around to find out the cause of all these uproar and my
eyes alight on the TV set with the title to "Days Of Our Lives".

"That is why, if my wife is not working; I want a divorce."

Have your girls been watching too many Filipino movies?

In ending; I would like to admit that Pinoys have no "Breeding". Breeding is
for canines and nobility and most of the time for noble canines. What Pinoys
have is "CLASS" .
And no amount of Breeding can get you that. But that is a topic for another
thread.

Isip Bata

Robert Chin

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Who are you kidding? Richard Pryor pointed out 20 years ago who the
"new niggers" in this country were. I'll give you a hint...it wasn't
black people.

To further help you out...see if you can find the subliminal message in
the paragragh below. This will help you understand the long term
effects of watching TV and listening to the radio here in the US from
our perspective.

Why don't you give what the poster wrote a good read and try to
understand where he's coming from? If you are FILIPINO, (or CHINESE, OR
JAPANESE, OR VIETNAMESE OR ...) and you TURN ON THE TV, you see WHITE
PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE AS the STARS. What he is suggesting that these
standards of beauty becomes the viewers standards as well AND THAT'S WHY
THEY GET CHOSEN BEFORE THE REST OF US.

Get it?

ronald h. davis wrote:

> i'm curious, how many filipinas do you see getting married to black
> guys? i mean, in the united states, the 'moving up' issue that you
> mention would suggest that a black man would be the last (i.e. even
> after filipinos) man that a filipina would want to marry.

Just another example of the man keeping himself down...

BC

ronald h. davis

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Robert Chin wrote:

> Why don't you give what the poster wrote a good read and try to
> understand where he's coming from? If you are FILIPINO, (or CHINESE, OR
> JAPANESE, OR VIETNAMESE OR ...) and you TURN ON THE TV, you see WHITE
> PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE AS the STARS.

yeah, but look at the kind of "stars" black people are: drug pushers,
pimps, prostitutes, thieves, and/or general buffoons. that's not the
kind of "stardom" which is going to elevate one's standing. the fact
is that the primary cross-racial dynamic in the nation at large (there
are variations depending upon local demographics) is that between
white people and black people where there is a longstanding historical
context that has become integrated into the basic fabric of society.
as other groups increase in number and/or influence (which asians have
not for the most part) then the racial dynamic changes to the degree
that any non-white group becomes a "threat" to a white hegomony.

but in the current context, for an asian person driven by a desire to
"move up" in social standing (as was suggested by the original) i can
certainly understand why that person would want to marry a white
person (since white people are considered to top social caste) as
opposed to a black person (since black people are considered to
be the bottom social caste). i mean, if you use social 'caste calculus'
(which would not surprise me for an asian person coming from a caste
conscious culture) i think that you would come to the same conclusion.

Robert Chin

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Man wake up...this ain't the 60's and 70's no more.

ronald h. davis wrote:

> yeah, but look at the kind of "stars" black people are: drug pushers,
> pimps, prostitutes, thieves, and/or general buffoons. that's not the
> kind of "stardom" which is going to elevate one's standing. the fact
> is that the primary cross-racial dynamic in the nation at large (there
> are variations depending upon local demographics) is that between
> white people and black people where there is a longstanding historical
> context that has become integrated into the basic fabric of society.
> as other groups increase in number and/or influence (which asians have
> not for the most part) then the racial dynamic changes to the degree
> that any non-white group becomes a "threat" to a white hegomony.

Let me see...Will Smith played an Air force pilot who helped to saved
the world in Independence Day...but oh yeah, he had a drug habit in that
picture. Then he played NYC Detective recruited to become a member of
an ultrasecret covert operation who ends up saving the world about three
days into the job, but...I forgot, he was pimping on the side in that
movie. Ving Rhames played a highly skilled computer expert in Mission
Impossible, but, OH MY!, he also picked Tom Cruises pocket when Tom
wasn't looking. In Die Hard 3, Samuel Jackson played a highly educated
Harlem store owner who ends up helping to stop a madman from stealing
all the gold...but oh yeah, he was such a STOOGE in that movie wasn't
he?

So much for your primary argument. I won't try to argue that such
depictions don't exist. I will argue, with the previously supplied
evidence that things have changed dramatically or Blacks. Now, let's
try living in the real world for a change. It's better to be the star
of a movie than to be invisible, because even if you are playing a PIMP
on the SCREEN, you're still a star in real life. Multiply that enough
times and you get a halo effect surrounding other members of your race.
You, and others like you, become desirable.

> but in the current context, for an asian person driven by a desire to
> "move up" in social standing (as was suggested by the original) i can
> certainly understand why that person would want to marry a white
> person (since white people are considered to top social caste) as
> opposed to a black person (since black people are considered to
> be the bottom social caste). i mean, if you use social 'caste calculus'
> (which would not surprise me for an asian person coming from a caste
> conscious culture) i think that you would come to the same conclusion.

I don't come to the same conclusion because 1.) I'm not an example of
the man keeping himself down, and 2.) living in the US, there are plenty
of Black heroes and icons to see who have no negative connotations
associated with them. Let's see, there's Michael Jordan, there's Tyson,
there's the list of aforementioned actors (Jackson, Smith and Rhames) to
which we can add Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishburne and Morgan Freeman.
Jeez, in populat music you can't go anywhere in the world now and not
run into Sean "Puffy" Coombs.

And before you make pronouncements about "an asian person coming from a
caste conscious culture", learn more about your own first...that is
presuming you're Black. If you still want to keep crying about the
troubles you seen, cry to someone who might have some sympathy for you.
It's wasted here.

sitam...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
In article <35F5D077...@hotmail.com>,

Tonyong Gago <tonyong...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ewan ko tans... pero sa Pinas... ang observation ko lang... wala akong
> nakitang magandang Filipina na nag-asawa ng Amerikano... siguro dyan sa
> states... ang alam ko ang mga asawa dito ng mga puti o Caucasians ay mga
> puta beauty or mga pangit sa tingin ng pinoy...
>
> Tonyong Gago

Alam mo TG... minsan may nakatagpo akong kanutong kagagaling namasyal
sa Pinas at ang sabi "Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes, the women in the
Philippines are all so gorgeous and beeeauuutifull." Sagot ko naman "You
know why?... the uglies are all here in the United States." BWAAHAHAHAHA!

Tamulmol

Edmund Dantes

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

Robert Chin <bob...@shore.net> wrote in article
<35F94F...@shore.net>...

> And before you make pronouncements about "an asian person coming from a
> caste conscious culture", learn more about your own first...that is
> presuming you're Black. If you still want to keep crying about the
> troubles you seen, cry to someone who might have some sympathy for you.
> It's wasted here.

Hmm, I never saw that twist coming, Bob. So that's where the racial
overtones are coming from. Now I regret writing to Lucent's corporate site
for Ronald's behaviour.

Ron, we do understand your insecurities and we would like to reassure you
that you rightfully deserve that scholarship at MIT.

The Count

ronald h. davis

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Edmund Dantes wrote:

> Ron, we do understand your insecurities and we would like to reassure you
> that you rightfully deserve that scholarship at MIT.

that really bothers you to no end doesn't it? personally i think that
it's an indication of a disturbed mind to obscess over people in
general, especially one that you've never met.

ronald h. davis

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Robert Chin wrote:

> Let me see...Will Smith played an Air force pilot who helped to saved
> the world in Independence Day...

i always find it amusing that people search for the exceptions as
counterexample. the problem is that when you can list off the
exceptions then that shows that there is a problem. this reminds
me of the original cosby show and how people were holding that out
as an example of how black people weren't being stereotyped on tv
anymore. the point that i raised in an od-ed piece in a newspaper
was that the cosby show only accounted for 30 minutes out of some
21 hours of weekly prime time tv.

> So much for your primary argument. I won't try to argue that such
> depictions don't exist. I will argue, with the previously supplied
> evidence that things have changed dramatically or Blacks. Now, let's
> try living in the real world for a change.

i actually am "living in the real world", i'm just living in the real
world as a black person - something about which you don't appear to
know much. at that, things have changed for some black people - and
i am certainly one of them, but i don't take the attitude of "i'm ok
jack" and pretend that everything is ok. even at that, i would have
gotten a lot further (in terms of career advancement) had i been
white because in the "real world" in which i live i've gotten my share
of job rejections based upon "looking for the proper fit with the
organization" or "seeking corporate looks" and other buzzwords which
people substitute for the flagrant stuff that you're not supposed to
do anymore.

> It's better to be the star
> of a movie than to be invisible, because even if you are playing a PIMP
> on the SCREEN, you're still a star in real life.

amos 'n andy were "stars", the problem that you don't seem to realize
is that the stars may get paid for being buffoons, pimps, pushers,
theives, &c. but it's the overwhelming majority of black people who
*don't* star in such depictions who get pulled over by the police,
hassled in stores as shoplifting suspects, &c. i can speak from
personal experience of having been singled out among a group of white
people as a potential drug courier, or gang member. that may not
be problem for you, but it is for me.

> I don't come to the same conclusion because 1.) I'm not an example of
> the man keeping himself down, and 2.) living in the US, there are plenty
> of Black heroes and icons to see who have no negative connotations
> associated with them. Let's see, there's Michael Jordan, there's Tyson,
> there's the list of aforementioned actors (Jackson, Smith and Rhames) to
> which we can add Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishburne and Morgan Freeman.
> Jeez, in populat music you can't go anywhere in the world now and not
> run into Sean "Puffy" Coombs.

so based upon the list that you've rendered above one would conclude
that you view black people as athletes and entertainers - that kind
of perspective, then, would pose a problem to a black person like
myself who is neither.

> And before you make pronouncements about "an asian person coming from a
> caste conscious culture", learn more about your own first...that is
> presuming you're Black. If you still want to keep crying about the
> troubles you seen, cry to someone who might have some sympathy for you.
> It's wasted here.

i'm definitely not crying to you for anything. however, i will
challenge your comments when they are based upon generalities which
are simply not true. for your own part, it is then up to you as to
whether you want to cling to the ignorance which produced them in the
first place - in which case you no longer have the excuse of ignorance
for holding those views...

Robert Chin

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
ronald h. davis wrote:

> i always find it amusing that people search for the exceptions as
> counterexample. the problem is that when you can list off the
> exceptions then that shows that there is a problem. this reminds
> me of the original cosby show and how people were holding that out
> as an example of how black people weren't being stereotyped on tv
> anymore. the point that i raised in an od-ed piece in a newspaper
> was that the cosby show only accounted for 30 minutes out of some
> 21 hours of weekly prime time tv.

Exceptions? Exceptions? What I gave you was only a small subset. Do
you doubt that I could go on? It's you who has his head in the sand.
Look at you. You actually want to be so disingenious as to try to make
a point of the Cosby Show representing only 30 minutes of prime time TV,
yet conveniently forget the other shows that were comtemporaries of it.
But you are so obviously into your victim mentality that you see
EVERYBODY else as being better off than your own kind. That simply
doesn't hold water.

> i actually am "living in the real world", i'm just living in the real
> world as a black person - something about which you don't appear to
> know much. at that, things have changed for some black people - and
> i am certainly one of them, but i don't take the attitude of "i'm ok
> jack" and pretend that everything is ok. even at that, i would have
> gotten a lot further (in terms of career advancement) had i been
> white because in the "real world" in which i live i've gotten my share
> of job rejections based upon "looking for the proper fit with the
> organization" or "seeking corporate looks" and other buzzwords which
> people substitute for the flagrant stuff that you're not supposed to
> do anymore.

You'd be surprised about what I know about. I have qualifications to
speak, because I grew up, lived and was a participant through the most
turbulent era of racial conflict in the history of the city of Boston.
It is documented in small part in a Pulitzer Prize winning book, and in
several educational films. Furthermore, my best friends, through my
ENTIRE life, have been Black. I have two children who are HALF-BLACK.
I have been with my best Black friends when they were stopped by police
JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK. Do you need to hear more? I have been
exposed to the whole range of what Black people experience. Quite
possibly more so than you. You don't know anything about what I
know...it is an arrogant presumption on your part to think that you do.

The real problem lies in your attitude. The real world is that we live
in the US. The "great" founding fathers of this country rebeled from
their original homeland, took the rest of the land by force from the
original natives of the place, and for their efforts, run the joint.
Now, since they run the joint, you can either deal with it or feel sorry
for yourself. It's clearly apparent that you choose to feel sorry for
yourself. But I'll tell you what. My two best friends, they deal with
it. Does it make them less Black than you? I'd like to see you tell it
to their faces. You made your choices. You can't blame anyone else for
them.

> amos 'n andy were "stars", the problem that you don't seem to realize
> is that the stars may get paid for being buffoons, pimps, pushers,
> theives, &c. but it's the overwhelming majority of black people who
> *don't* star in such depictions who get pulled over by the police,
> hassled in stores as shoplifting suspects, &c. i can speak from
> personal experience of having been singled out among a group of white
> people as a potential drug courier, or gang member. that may not
> be problem for you, but it is for me.

Excuse me...but why are you trying so hard to make it sound like nobody
knows that trouble you seen? The original thread was about something
else, and you're trying to take it off in a whole other direction. You
can't seem to accept that despite the problems you and others
experience, you're not better off than the vast majority of asians.
Just because I don't have the same problems as you somehow diminishes
the problems I do have? What self centered loser mentality that is.

The bottom line is, what your problems are on a day to day basis is
immaterial to the fact that in the US, for a lot of Asian women, a Black
man can be a step up from an Asian man.

> so based upon the list that you've rendered above one would conclude
> that you view black people as athletes and entertainers - that kind
> of perspective, then, would pose a problem to a black person like
> myself who is neither.

Oh, so you want to play THAT game. How about that I view them as icons
of success? See, you didn't ask ME how I viewed them, you just went
ahead and tried to presume to know what I thought. These men took their
initial claim to fame and parlayed it into something bigger. Something
that you have, in essence, confessed to not being able to do yourself,
beause the "Man" is always holding you back. But of course, you would
prefer to think that other people see them only as athletes and
entertainers, so that you can continue to spout off your vicitmization
philosophy.

But let's try to get back to and stay with the original point. In the
US, we are bombarded by these icons. These people, by their halo
effect, imbue other Black men with a cache that Asians are lacking
because we get no such treatment in the media. You have said nothing
that dispels what the original poster claims, and you can not deny, for
all your spouting, that many of the names I mentioned in the prior post
do, in fact, enjoy a significant and positive celebrity status. So what
is your point? How is anything you have said in these past posts
relevant to the original topic. Since you are so stubborn, let me put
it in the form of a simple thought experiment for you. What do you
think would happen if you walked down the street and randomly asked
women between the ages of, say, 21 to 30, who was sexier...Denzel
Washington or Garrett Wang? EVERYONE here, except possibly for you,
knows how that would turn out.

> i'm definitely not crying to you for anything. however, i will
> challenge your comments when they are based upon generalities which
> are simply not true. for your own part, it is then up to you as to
> whether you want to cling to the ignorance which produced them in the
> first place - in which case you no longer have the excuse of ignorance
> for holding those views...

What have I said that is untrue? What generalities have I made? These
are FALSE and WEAK accusations to make, and harmful, because in effect,
you're trying to paint me as something I am not, which is a RACISTby
using the buzzword "ignorance". The experience from which I speak has
much in common with yours. The difference is that I, and my friends,
choose not to use them as a crutch. You have obviously chosen to cling
to your ignorance. And in this forum, your ignorance is in full view,
because you're are the only one here who believes that in the US of A,
an Asian man is more desirable to a woman than a Black man is.

Michael Lo

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe I look like Russell Wong and I can date whatever
Asian woman I want.

Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo wrote:

> [...]
> >background. Other race, black or whiite here in the US judge filipinas
> >by there personality and kindness and not there status of family
> >background. That's is why some filipina's do not want to marry a
> >Filipino....
> >There are a lot of filipinas that are poor and want a better life in the
> >US. Filipino American guys here look at them as an opportunist and do
> >not look at them for there personality. I agree, there is a lot of
> >filipina that marry for comfort....but wouldn't any woman in any place
> >on this earth want that?
> >
> >-----Thank you for your comments. You're honest in what you say. I respect
> >that.
> >
> >AZMIK
> >

> --
> ]:o_ o/
> |O = joanna l. salgado __ computer greek (delta gamma) ___|--

Edmund Dantes

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

ronald h. davis <ron...@lucent.com> wrote in article
<35F99B0A...@lucent.com>...

> that really bothers you to no end doesn't it? personally i think that
> it's an indication of a disturbed mind to obscess over people in
> general, especially one that you've never met.

Snap out of it, will you? I said we feel for you and your people.

The Count

mamo_...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Your story sounds familiar. About 5 years ago I got in contact with lost
relatives in The Philippines. I found out that two of them married German
men. And these men are well to do. So I can see why they overlook the race
thing and think about their future.

I heard numerous stories of my paternal grandparents, their differences in
their background. Supposedly my grandfather came from a well to do family,
while my grandmother came from a very poor family. Which explains why they
both lost contact with their realitves in The Philippines. Until I got in
contact by accident.

In article <15724-35...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

hotp...@webtv.net (Maria L.C. Thorne) wrote:
> It is not bec. he is filipino...It is the character of the person a
> filipina should look for.
> I myself(a filipina) dated a few filipino's and if they are born in the
> Philippines, they always talk about who they know that are influencial
> people and not what they know about themselves. And for filipino born
> in the US - raised here, it is more where are your parents from in the
> Phils.
>
> Why? Do you guys judge the filipina woman of where their parents are
> from. Either from Manila or the province. Is this how men judge whether
> you come from good or bad family? That's why some ( I mean some)
> filipinas go out with another race bec. they do not judge the family
> background. Other race, black or whiite here in the US judge filipinas
> by there personality and kindness and not there status of family
> background. That's is why some filipina's do not want to marry a
> Filipino....
> There are a lot of filipinas that are poor and want a better life in the
> US. Filipino American guys here look at them as an opportunist and do
> not look at them for there personality. I agree, there is a lot of
> filipina that marry for comfort....but wouldn't any woman in any place
> on this earth want that?

earpes

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

I can say that it is true that mostly (not all)Fillipino men is more
abusive , dishonest, treat their wife not equal , lazy, drunkers,
and etc . as what I observed.

Artimus Prime

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Yeah I agree with Chin Man,

And another thing.
It makes our species stronger when we intermarry and have mixed raced
children. Less chances of deleterious genes pairing. More chances for
variablitiy in overcoming environmental bottlenecks. More differerently
made human beings that can adapt to certain environments. So maybe looking
for mates of another race is a built in thing for human women.

Filipinos are mixed race already being spanish and whatever indigenous
population was there on the islands as well as those people who migrated
from malaysia to borneo to philippines. The filipino pot has already melted
in southeast asia. It may be in the filipino womans' genetics to seek men
of another race. This is a good thing. In the mean time you can perhaps
date non-filipino women and take your part in strengthening the human race
as whole.

Robert Chin wrote in message <35F469...@shore.net>...
>Hey Azmik:
>
>How you been? Here is the answer to your question guy.

>Azmik wrote:
>>
>> WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES FILIPINO MEN UNDESIRABLE TO FILIPINO WOMEN?
>> Is it so bad that (some) Filipino men...
>>
>> - Like to drive nice cars
>> - Hang out in groups
>> - Compete with each other (cars, money, etc.)

>> - Are shorter than others
>>
>> What do you Filipino women think about this kind of attitude?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> AZMIK
>
>I might not be a woman, but I'm here to tell you not to feel bad or let
>yourself get worked up over it. It happens with Chinese guys, White
>guys and Black guys, too. The problem is not with the guys...let's face
>it, guys really are the same all over the US. The problem lays in the
>person, male or female, Black, White, Chinese or Filipino, that would do
>such a thing simply on the basis of "kind" and not bothering to learn
>about the person.
>
>Chill...and be good to your woman!
>
>Bob

Artimus Prime

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Yeah I agree with Chin Man,

Yet from an epi-geneticists viewpoint.
(epi-genetics = the study of how different enviroments and genetics
interact.)

Azmik wrote in message ...
>I've heard this was said by a distant relative of mine who married a white
>guy. I know some Filipino American women have something (or is it some
>"things") against marrying/dating their own kind.
>
>Sure, Filipino men aren't perfect. What makes white guys, black guys,
other
>Asian, Latino, etc. men better mates? So you can have Mestizo kids? Are
we
>that bad? Hell no. Its a disturbing trend I see among some Filipino
>American women. What happens when these children from these relationships
>ask about Filipinos/their Filipino background? I have no problem with
>Filipino American women dating/marrying other races but only when the woman
>is deliberately avoiding Filipino American men, I have to wonder. Or is
>there no difference?

tonyong...@hotmail.com

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Tans... HEHEHEHEHE... nahuli ka na siguro hahahahaha.. thought this thread
died down.. kasi si Lola Mae na nagpanggap na Modesty Blaise ay kunwari
binuhusan ng kape ang kanyang powerbook... hehehehehe... napahiya siguro sa
pinagsasabe kaya ayan... nakahanap ng melodramatic eksit... hehehehehe...

Kawawa naman si Bina at mga gerlprends na binubugaw nya.. bwahahahahaha...

Pero okey yang research mo ah... very informative... di ko akalain marami
kang contacts ng lolang prostitutes... hehehehehehehe... tsaka "leading" yang
statements mo ah... incriminating... hehehehehe... sige ka baka ka mabuhusan
ng kape... bwahahahaha...

YER Kosa,

Tonyong Gago

In article <35FCAB52...@linkonline.net>,

nat...@kayo.ano wrote:
> Lola Mae wrote:
>
> > ahhh, i see, it's about fil/am pinays ...
> >
> > i asked my girlfriends this question, and they all came up with negative
> >
> > € pinoys are basically lazy;

> > € they're more interested in getting together with their barkadas for
> > beer and pulutan;

> > € they're always into a collection of women, playboys and insincere
> > romeos all of them ... they have a way with flowery words, but they run
> > the same lines to every women they meet and woo;

> > € they don't know the meaning of being faithful;

> > € they're not good at saving money, they're always in debt;

> > € they're into kissing their boss's ass, brown-nosing ... they don't use
> > their intellect even though they have it;

> > € they're mama's boy and can't make decisions for themselves;

> > € they're fat and unhealthy;

> > € yes, they're short and dark, they feel insecure about their height and
> > it shows;

> > € there's too many baklas and silahis around in manila, pinoys tolerate
> > them so they doubt the macho-ness of some pinoy;

> > € some pinoys are violent and they beat their wife up;
> >

> > they prefer mestizos over pure pinoys as they feel that the western
> > influence is more dominant and all the negative traits of a pinoy is
> > lessened. the contrast also, in a relationship with caucasian or other
> > nationalities, allow the pinay to highlight her exoticness.
> >
> > they're fed up with the image of the hard working pinays and the lazy
> > tambayan pinoys.
> >

> > i've never dated or had a pinoy for a boyfriend at all, and i don't
> > think at this stage, i'll ever ... so you can't rely on me to refute
> > what they say ... maybe mc?!
> >
> > -- ;(

> > Azmik wrote:
> > >
> > > I've heard this was said by a distant relative of mine who married a white
> > > guy. I know some Filipino American women have something (or is it some
> > > "things") against marrying/dating their own kind.
> > >
> > > Sure, Filipino men aren't perfect. What makes white guys, black guys,
other
> > > Asian, Latino, etc. men better mates? So you can have Mestizo kids? Are
we
> > > that bad? Hell no. Its a disturbing trend I see among some Filipino
> > > American women. What happens when these children from these relationships
> > > ask about Filipinos/their Filipino background? I have no problem with
> > > Filipino American women dating/marrying other races but only when the
woman
> > > is deliberately avoiding Filipino American men, I have to wonder. Or is
> > > there no difference?
>

> You are trolling Lola Mae, after interviewing some of the females (Pinays)
here in
> the States, all of them agree, that after trying 'other' nationalities,
nothing
> beats the Pinoys in bed, living arrangements and companionship. The women I
> interviewed are the Lolas, retired and now just reminiscing about all
> relationships. I want to add that the women I interviewed came from different
> backgrounds, some are former 'entertainers' in Olongapo. Some are just
'malikot'
> and just loves sex, some are professional types. So what do you say?

tansong isda

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
tonyong...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Tans... HEHEHEHEHE... nahuli ka na siguro hahahahaha.. thought this thread
> died down.. kasi si Lola Mae na nagpanggap na Modesty Blaise ay kunwari
> binuhusan ng kape ang kanyang powerbook... hehehehehe... napahiya siguro sa
> pinagsasabe kaya ayan... nakahanap ng melodramatic eksit... hehehehehe...
>
> Kawawa naman si Bina at mga gerlprends na binubugaw nya.. bwahahahahaha...
>
> Pero okey yang research mo ah... very informative... di ko akalain marami
> kang contacts ng lolang prostitutes... hehehehehehehe... tsaka "leading" yang
> statements mo ah... incriminating... hehehehehe... sige ka baka ka mabuhusan
> ng kape... bwahahahaha...
>
> YER Kosa,
>
> Tonyong Gago

Kung half-breed ka, tulad ko....ewan ko kung half, marami akong
"breeding"....hehehe...makikilala mo ang mga magulang ng half breeds. Marami sa
kanila ay nakiki pagsama sama, nag-iinuman. Nakikinig ako.
Sa Pinas, mga pangalan na Murphy, Kennedy, Smith (puro Irish ano?), Jaworski....etc,
etc... iba sa kanila ay yumaman sa Pinas (American Mafia), BLTB, Forbes Park,
Tagalog-Ilang Ilang productions at marami pang ibang businesses ang naitayog ng mga
kano na nagsipag-asawa ng Pinay.

Dito ngayon mga lola na sila at nai-interview ko sila, interesado ako. Ang iba sa
kanila, ang dahilan eh dahil sa biyuda sila, sa Pilipinas walang interesadong
mag-asawa ng babaeng 'gamit' na, so 'Merkano' ang nakukuha, wala sa interview 'yun.
Pero 'yung mga lolang nagka-anak sa pagkadalaga ang target ko sa interview, they
have stories to tell. Iba sa kanila, na rape. Iba puta, iba ay iyun na nga, the
'other' negatives. They are admiring the white race as if they are superior,
"Colonial mentality"?, bakit nga ganun.....
American Pinay is just the availability, mas maraming puti so it's obvious, more
than likely it would be white as a husband. Period, no other arguments.

Nahuli ako dahil sa zig-zag trip over BGDOMINGO's country(Southern way), ayos dito,
ayos duon. Nang natapos, eto, balik sa mahal kong SCF......

Artimus Prime

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Mestizos are beautiful, taking in both good, non-deleterious traits from
both races.

Artimus Prime

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Even though they may appear to be unattractive to you, they may have
abilities that will enable them to survive in environs that are hostile to
your genetic makeup. This is becuase their genes are arranged in a
combination so different from the mothers or father's race alone, that
certain new traits may manifest that allows survival in a different
environment.

Just the fact that they are born into the world without spontaneously
aborting is a miracle. Spontaneos abortions occur when the genetics the
mother and father bring about a trait that causes the fetus to die in the
mother's womb. If you can't survive your mothers womb which is from the
scientist's point of view, a natural petri dish specially made to culture
one cell into all the parts that make a baby, you definitly will not survive
the outside world. The risk of spontaneous abortions increase the more
related the mother and father are. Inbreeding between cousins is less of a
risk than inbredding with siblings, wich is across all cultures, a
disgusting thing YEECH! (corollary: inbreeding may be something we are
genetically determined to avoid) Anyway, the opposite conclusion may also
be drawn that the more different a mother and father are, the less likely
deleterious gene pairs arise and so less likely for spontaneous abortion to
occur. There is numerous literature establishing this phenomenon. If you
are in college, ask you professor about it.

Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo wrote in
message <6tls3a$9...@cyclone.Stanford.EDU>...
>Just to bring up the contrary point: I've seen unattractive mestizos
>too. I would never marry someone just for the purpose of having
>mestizo kids.
>
>-joanna

Jimmy Navarro

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
I've never been married but as for me I will always marry a Filipina. If I become
hopeless, I would marry in our race. I know some friends who married other race
as really horrible. Iba na talaga ang sariling atin.

Jimmy Navarro
Los Angeles Free Net, USA

NOTE: please remove "extra" from my e-mail address to direct reply...

Jimmy Navarro

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
I know some Filipino friends who are married to other race. It's really
horrible most of the time, especially at the early years. I've never been
married, but I will always get a Filipina. Iba na talaga ang sariling atin. I
would only marry from some other race in case I will get desperate. BTW, there
was a typo in my original reply to this posting which I hope had erased it in
time. Salamat po.

Jimmy Navarro
Los Angeles Free Net, USA

--
NOTE: please remove "extra" from my e-mail address for direct reply...

Artimus Prime

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Bear with me,
I'm in the middle of a flame war incited by myself to see if people can get
past inflammatory racist remarks. In the process, someone has stolen my
hotmail address. Hence, my new email address. The results of my test seem
to be in the negative :<

As to your reply:
>I agree that the risk of spontaneous abortion increases when the
>parents are related, however, I think that given the number of traits
>encoded in DNA, the statistical difference between the chance of
>spontaneous abortion between people of the same ethnic background
>(let's say they're "purebred" to seven generations, for purposes of
>your argument) and people of differing ethnic background is
>negligible.

The risk of sponateous abortion increases as the genetic "congruency"
increases. There is empirical evidence for this. As well as being common
knowledge among the people of Appalachia.

I see your point in that there is no or little difference in the chance for
having a spontaneous abortion between same-ethnicity couplings vs interacial
couplings, because the further a couple is from congruency in genetic makeup
the closer thier children are to the finite point of being able to survive
past the womb. Which would hypothetically be, for the sake of our
discussion, at the level of a 7th generation purebreed. Let's say recessive
deleterious genes pop up at a rate of 1% whether purebred or not.

Since you seem to have the lexicon of someone that knows about basic animal
diversity, I suggest you skip the next paragraph which is mainly there to
benefit others interested in Darwinian theory of natural selection.

Purebreeds would still have phenotypic similarities owing to natural
selection in the same environment. These phenotypic similarities allow this
race to survive in lets say sunny, hot and humid environments. Short nose
because air is humid and doesn't need to be conditioned by a long nose and
pigmented skin to protect against UV radiations effect on DNA. Now lets
introduce a race of conquerers, who happen to be fair skinned with long
noses. Thier genetic pools mix and we have a new group of fair skinned
short-nosed individuals and long-nose dark-skinned individuals. Which group
of "Mestizos" will survive in this environement? Both since the
fair-skinned know enough to stay in the shade. Now let's say they invented
the automibile and pollute the island with dirty dry air in the hot sun
(i.e. like Manilla)? Who will survive this environment? The pigmented,
long-noses. The brown, short-noses for arguements sake would die off. So
now we have a new race of people who can survive in both clean air and dirty
air and a survival enhancing trait is passed along to further generations.

My message was to explain that interacial "couplings" introduce the benefits
of both races' specific traits such that survival-enhancing traits are
brought out. Of course, the benefits of these traits would not manifest
until environmental stressor come into play. And so, we don't know if these
new and better traits exist or not. Resulting in, please pardon the trekkie
reference "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations." In short, my
arguement was for inter-racial "couplings."

You said
"Now, I'm not arguing for or against inter-racial relationships. I
never have. In these types of threads, I've always argued in favor of
love, and in favor of people being intelligent enough to think for
themselves. "

I've been arguing that "love" for another race is something determined by
our genes and environment which may manifest as an "emotional" thing in mate
selection. How so? Please refer to my post on why it's OK to marry
non-filipino. It boils love down to an urge that is just selected for.

Something of which you may strongly disagree.

Bgdomingo

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

>Just to bring up the contrary point: I've seen unattractive mestizos
>too. I would never marry someone just for the purpose of having
>mestizo kids.
>
>-joanna

Si Redford White...bisoy (Bisayang Tisoy)

Bong D

"Southern Way"

Artimus Prime

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
That's a cultural thing and not genetic.

If we didn't have culture, the idea of genetically determined other-race
preference dictates that we would have more of these inter-racial pairings.

I say "pairings" not marriages because marriage is a cultural thing as well.

Ben Totanes

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
I've been visiting this newsgroup since 1994.
This issue in one form or another has been
posted here more than what I can count with
the fingers on my hands. These type
of articles are posted to start long threads
more than bring up a legit issue.

My two cents.

athos13

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
i know. and so i don't count with my fingers no more. a chalk and a
wall -- marks and strikes -- daz what i use now. heheheheheheee

Azmik

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Then what happens when people like myself who have been posting for a short
time (1997 for myself) have their own questions? How was I supposed to know
that this "issue" has been brought up. It may be similar to other
articles/posts but read my original...

I wanted some input and I got input. Your two cents has nothing to do with
the topic. If you don't like it, don't read it.

MY two cents,
Regards
AZMIK

Jock S. Trapp

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Don't worry Azmik, Ben Totanes must be an amputee. I have been
browsing here since 1996 and this is the first time I saw this
topic with the same exact title and same number of words. Maybe
Ben feels guilty and upset that a woman like Joan Rivers would
reject him because of his eating habits.

gerr...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
In article <6tsrir$n4m$1...@supernews.com>,

"Ben Totanes" <btot...@usa.net> wrote:
> I've been visiting this newsgroup since 1994.
> This issue in one form or another has been
> posted here more than what I can count with
> the fingers on my hands. These type
> of articles are posted to start long threads
> more than bring up a legit issue.
>
> My two cents.

As long as there are Filipinos out there who are prejudiced and who feel some
inadequacy in themselves, this kind of topic will continue to proliferate in
the future. These same Filipinos still haven't woken up to the fact that
people are individuals. Individuals choose according to the circumstances
that they face. Whether they choose a Filipino or a non-Filipino for a
partner should be a non-issue really. In street language, "It's none of our
fucking business."

--
JT aka GF
Talk to me at

gerr...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
In article <#wsYFbw4...@upnetnews02.moswest.msn.net>,

"Azmik" <az...@juno.com> wrote:
> Then what happens when people like myself who have been posting for a short
> time (1997 for myself) have their own questions? How was I supposed to know
> that this "issue" has been brought up. It may be similar to other
> articles/posts but read my original...
>
> I wanted some input and I got input. Your two cents has nothing to do with
> the topic. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Going back to basics, if a topic is frequently brought up and has been
discussed in the past, then it should be added to the topic.

Anyone keen on putting up a Best of SCF Topics FAQ? Topics that have been
heavily debated and discussed in the past should be included.

JT aka GF

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo wrote in
message <6u0upd$r...@cyclone.Stanford.EDU>...

>gerr...@my-dejanews.com sez:
>>
>>Anyone keen on putting up a Best of SCF Topics FAQ? Topics that have been
>>heavily debated and discussed in the past should be included.
>
>If it's a frequently asked question, then it should definitely go into
>the FAQ. Unfortunately, I filter most of the posts in the newsgroup,
>and am too opinionated about the rest to be a FAQ maintainer. 8^)\

Ms. Salgado,

But everyone's bias anyway. As Atty. McBeal said, "I'm human, I'm emotional,
I'm guilty."

But you organising the draft would be great. Then the rest of us can play
devil's advocate to refine and improve on your piece.

Topics that appear very often in scf include:

1. Filipino shops and restaurants in <name your city>. An updated
compilation of shops and restaurants in one's locality will help. For
instance, I can contribute Filipino shops and restaurants within suburban
Sydney, Australia.

2. Filipinas marrying outside their own ethnicity. This is a very subjective
topic, so perhaps, we can summarise the best of the best responses through
the years.

3. Overseas celebrities with known Filipino extract. Once and for all, let's
clarify if indeed Lou, Phoebe, Tia and others are truly Filipinos.

Anyone else know of other often discussed topics through the years?

The point is if we can be factual, let us be. If we have to be opinionated,
we can be also.

How about it?

--
JT aka GF
talk to me at

bayonic

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
I would NEVER marry . period .

bayonic
too cool to fall in love
too drunk to fuck

Butsoi

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
enough already... next topic?

Azmik wrote in message <#wsYFbw4...@upnetnews02.moswest.msn.net>...

>Then what happens when people like myself who have been posting for a short
>time (1997 for myself) have their own questions? How was I supposed to
know
>that this "issue" has been brought up. It may be similar to other
>articles/posts but read my original...
>
>I wanted some input and I got input. Your two cents has nothing to do with
>the topic. If you don't like it, don't read it.
>

>MY two cents,
>Regards
>AZMIK

athos13

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
i agree ... this topic has become too tiresome. let harvey gather the
threads and include it in the faq. direct anyone who raises it in the
future to the damn faq.