snap and stack invalid?

kees Bleijenberg

Jul 28, 2016, 5:18:16 AM7/28/16
to Snap Framework
I'am using stack. I've add snap to the 'build-depends' in the cabal file. Then I did stack build and stack installs snap.
Now commands like snap init barebones fail. I think it is because snap doesn't know the stack structure. Is the combination snap stack invalid?

Kees

Sönke Hahn

Jul 28, 2016, 6:01:07 AM7/28/16
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
stack by default doesn't install the executables of dependencies somewhere in your PATH. You could try to use

$ stack exec -- snap ...

`stack exec` should make the executables available.

HTH,
Sönke

--

---

MightyByte

Jul 28, 2016, 2:26:09 PM7/28/16
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
You can also use the command "stack path --local-install-root" to find
out where stack puts the executable. If that directory is "/foo",
then you'll find the snap executable at /foo/bin/snap. You can then
copy it to a directory that is in your PATH or you can run it directly
from there.