hint/transformers (ghc? cabal?) bug keeping me from compiling with -fdevelopment

Cody Goodman

Dec 26, 2014, 3:04:07 PM12/26/14
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
Would this be a ghc, cabal, or a hint bug. Where should I submit it?

description in readme: https://github.com/codygman/hint-transformers-3-bug (If I set the constraint to transformers==0.3.0.0 it can build).

I'm guessing GHC or cabal since there seems to be a hard dependency on only using the ghc version of transformers.

mightybyte

Dec 26, 2014, 3:41:46 PM12/26/14
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure exactly what's going on there.  I'd probably start by talking to the hint devs.

Harry Lachenmayer

Jan 8, 2015, 7:27:43 PM1/8/15
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cody, did you ever get a response on this? I'm new to Snap, and I'm having similar issues.

Flavio Botelho

Jan 10, 2015, 11:33:41 AM1/10/15
to snap_fr...@googlegroups.com
I had the same issue, I reinstalled ghc, removing ~/.cabal and it worked. Something funny in cabal... Someone suggested trying --reorder-goals but it worked before I tried that.

--

---