Transmit Write Socket Error

Jonathan Brady

Oct 10, 2010, 4:50:10 PM10/10/10
to sm...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I am trying to load some large .mov files to a client's ftp site. A few files have transferred through fine but when it comes to the larger files of 1GB + I keep getting a 'Write Socket Error -135' message from Transmit, my ftp client. When I try to resume the transfer I get the same message without any additional data being transferred. If I elect to replace the file then the same amount of data as that which originally transferred the first time goes across to the client's server before again giving me the 'Write Socket Error Message -135'. Is this a problem with my isp limiting the amount of data I can upload or is it more likely to be a problem on the client's server?
Thanks.

Jonathan Brady
Photography, Multimedia, Video
tel: +44(0) 7931 541 489
Twitter: @jonathan_brady_
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jmebrady
web: www.jonathanbrady.net
email: jmeb...@mac.com, laddy...@gmail.com

Graham Street

Oct 10, 2010, 4:58:40 PM10/10/10
to sm...@googlegroups.com
A Google search suggests you've exceeded your ISP's disk quota.
Basically, you're probably out of disk space on the server.
... Graham

on 10/10/2010 21:50 Jonathan Brady sent the following:

Sam - MacAmbulance

Oct 10, 2010, 5:00:04 PM10/10/10
to sm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan

That you were able to transfer the same file again after deleting it from the server would indicate that your ISP isn't blocking your upload data, the total transferred would be 1.99GB over two sessions.

Sounds like a problem with their server, have you tried dropbox? Have you tried uploading a similarly sized file to another server?

Regards

Sam

MacAmbulance

Providing affordable Apple & PC services

Sam Mullen
07747 778022
http://www.macambulance.co.uk
in...@macambulance.co.uk