Harga tayar michelin

genera...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 5:16:18 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Salam. Boleh sesiapa bagitau harga satu tayar kereta michelin 215/60R16 made in thailand? Additional info 95H energy. Nak tukar 4 tayar. Tq.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 6:16:19 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Mualaikumsalam,
Yg saya pakai tapi saiz lain 215/65 R15 96H Michelin Pilot frm Korea @ Rm 1400, hope this can be an indicator for u.

genera...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 6:52:00 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
1400 for 4 tyres. 2009 price?

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 7:44:58 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Brother, Rm 1400 each in Oct 2006, a bit outdated huh?

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 7:54:08 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Naim, For rm 1400, u can get 4 tyres bridgestone frm thai size 205/70 or sime tyres, both also hardy, too bad i'm not in penang or i can recommend my regular tyre supplier located in front of komtar, tyres frm china also tahan lasak. Michelin more on comfort and saving fuel, it just rolls along effortlessly.

genera...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 8:38:52 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff jes. Tq tq

mfaizal...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 8:51:24 AM12/10/10
to SMS
I used Khumo korean tire for for rm365each more than a year and it serve me well. Use to drive back on my Estima with Khumo at 170 km/hr.

Initially I was sceptical on korean tire but the workshop owner showed me magazine that the tire was review by an Australian standard body and highly rated. So I tried and am ok with it. But it sure won't match the michellin high end tire.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 9:18:01 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Mfa, my michelins r already coming to almost 4 yrs, alhamdulillah, next change might be a more economical tyre type, probably.

zairi muhammad

Dec 10, 2010, 10:01:37 AM12/10/10
to zairi muhammad

Nai,

I’ve used Michelin & Pirelli tires and they were very good as we all know. Then i changed BF Goodrich & Bridgestone and they are very good too and better still they are much cheaper than both Michelin & Pirelli.

Go for Bridgestone or BF Goodrich. BF Goodrich is owned by Michelin anyway. Don’t go for Continental! Relatively expensive for its quality.

Someone told me that the Yoko tires (fr Japan) are as good as Michelin's and they cost 60% lower than Michelin. I’ve used Yoko tires and they are indeed v comfortable. (nama je la mcm Yoko Ono!)

For reasonable price, you might want to check at QUICK-SAVE AUTO BOUTIQUE in USJ 1, close to MYDIN & Giant.

QS.jpg

No virus found in this message.

image003.jpg

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 10:33:28 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Zai,
Good info, might takeup bf goodrich as a better alternative.
Anyway, i've shod yokohamas' before and they really wear out fast, max within 1 1/2 yrs, more economical might be bridgestone, or a real cheap and hard ride wld be the chinese and sime tyres. Dunlop tyres also wear out fast but better comfort in the 1st year.
My conti tyres lasted the duration i had my car and yes at 150mph or 240kph it was still stable and holding well, the downside is the price of crse.

Sent from my BlackBerryR wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

1400, hope this can be an indicator for u.

zairi muhammad

Dec 10, 2010, 10:39:55 AM12/10/10
to zairi muhammad

jes,

sori, it’s not YOKO but TOYO. apologies. yes, TOYO is a good tire despite its name which is close to TOYOL. btw, i’ve used both YOKO & TOYO.

arshad ahmad

Dec 10, 2010, 10:49:53 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Wo wo wo. U guys are really sooo into this boutique stuff. I just can't see any difference between any tyres. I just changed all my 4 tyres a couple of months ago. They were Continentals (simply bcos it was the original tyres used). Now u said it was not up to scratch for its cost. Wow. I m glad I cudn't tell the difference (or more like not wanting to know). Other wise to spend 1400 for a single tyre . . . mmm, I don't know.

sori, it's not YOKO but TOYO. apologies. yes, TOYO is a good tire despite
its name which is close to TOYOL. btw, i've used both YOKO & TOYO.

Sent from my BlackBerryR wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

1400, hope this can be an indicator for u.

Salam. Boleh sesiapa bagitau harga satu tayar kereta michelin 215/60R16 made
in thailand? Additional info 95H energy. Nak tukar 4 tayar. Tq.

Sent from my BlackBerryR wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

zairi muhammad

Dec 10, 2010, 11:04:42 AM12/10/10
to zairi muhammad

shad,

it’s not purely my own opinion. i’ve talked to many friends & tires dealers and most of them had the same idea. you don’t have to buy a tire that costs RM1,400 bec the tires that i mentioned cost less than RM500 each (depending on the size & spec of course). i’m using 215/55R17 which can be v v expensive if are not being choosy. you can buy the cheap ones but quality wise? european cars are heavier (than Japanese cars) so they wear and tear much faster so got to buy proper tires at ‘proper’ prices. i always look for value for money nowadays.

image001.jpg

JBM

Dec 10, 2010, 11:11:22 AM12/10/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Shad, the co was making money then, there were 2 alternatives, pay more tax or use as co expense, we chose the later, anyway it's not everyday that the sun shines bright, so lower gross profits means more austerity measures.
Anyway, it's not just the tyres, it's a combo of car type and driver skills also, by the way at 240 kph i was not driving. I normally drive bet 70 to 90 kph only.

image003.jpg

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 1:12:57 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all contributors on tyres. Just replaced 4 with michelin 215/60R16 made in thailand. RM400x4=1600. Kalau europe mari, RM520 each. I had those filled with nitrogen at no additional cost plus nitrogen refill at the shop in Bangi, FOC for the next two years. Nitro-filled tyres are lighter - steering feels lighter. Takes a short while to get used to. So far, loving it.

arshad ahmad

Dec 14, 2010, 1:21:15 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Just imagine u zooming across the sky with yr remoih . . . well still intact.

Dec 14, 2010, 1:39:08 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Ok lah kut. Kat sini boleh kira macam whole year summer lah kut.

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 1:40:48 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
musu, hang dah jawab sendiri..."di sini isi nitrogen bila nak pergi sand duning atau long distance travelling masa summer" . In case hang dah lupa, malaysia summer all the time, and I do travel long distance, so nitrogen is fine for me. Makin ramai kat malaysia yg guna nitrogen. Wan yang introduce kat aku.
Hang pernah try sand duning? try lah, di malaysia x dak benda tu.

arsha...@yahoo.com

Dec 14, 2010, 1:49:45 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
How do u sand dune, dude.

musu, hang dah jawab sendiri..."di sini isi nitrogen bila nak pergi sand

duning atau *long distance travelling masa summer"* . In case hang dah lupa,

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 1:51:25 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Jes, 1400 each sounds like tayar lori. Never imagined a single car tyre can be that expensive!

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 1:56:08 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Musu alQatari,
So Qataris go sand duning with nitrogen-filed tyred-cars. Its ok as long as they dont inflate world cup balls in 2022 with nitrogen - "bend it like Beckham" tak jadi nanti. Hang bila balik malaysia? - Talent Corporation dok cari nak bagi post JUSA kat hang.

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 1:59:57 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com

mfaizal...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 2:02:54 AM12/14/10
to SMS
Good for u. I pun guna Nitrogen fill but in damansara dia charge rm5 sekali isi. Where in bangi shop ada nitrogen tu pasal I will be moving to bangi this 26/12.

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: Mohammad Naim Yaakub <genera...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:12:57 +0800

JBM

Dec 14, 2010, 2:09:47 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Yep almost like lori and the price is steep. u really feel the difference in michellins or is it bec of the 'new tyre effect' or 'nitro fill'?
Don't forget extra strong 'tancho' to keep the looks bro.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM, JBM <jesl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Brother, Rm 1400 each in Oct 2006, a bit outdated huh?

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 2:16:01 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Good question Jes. Its the nitro effect bcoz some people just totally deflated their tyres from plain air and then inflate same tyres with nitro and had that 'light' effect. Lets ask Wan.

genera...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 2:25:57 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Seksyen 7 bandar baru bangi kedai tayar nama MICHELIN

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 07:02:54 +0000

Jesli Mat

Dec 14, 2010, 2:45:04 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
oh ya, and there are people who mix nitro and plain air esp when they wanna save or no kiosk avai., they say it still works, still light as "nitro", not sure abt that tho'.
--
jbm1177

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 3:26:38 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Not advisable to mix - different density - might be dangerous during high speed or emergency brake or wet / slippery conditions.
Rule of thumb - 1. dont use nitro if refill station not near vicinity of home or office. 2. Only mix in case of emergencies like punctured tyre and no nitro refill kiosk nearby. 3. If in doubt about nitro, dont use it, plain air is just fine and free anytime anywhere any tyre.

mfaizal...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 3:26:50 AM12/14/10
to SMS
Ok tq pasal sek 7 tak jauh dari my place

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 07:25:57 +0000

genera...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 3:29:03 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Ofis seksyen mana? New shop/ofis lots by glomac?

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:26:50 +0000

mfaizal...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 3:30:11 AM12/14/10
to SMS
Ofc in kl sentral rumah at Alam Sari behind UKM

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:29:03 +0000

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 3:32:56 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
ok, can use nitro then. Have u ever thought of reverting back to plain air? If so, for what reasons?

arshad ahmad

Dec 14, 2010, 3:34:48 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Tq Naim. Those are good sound advice.

From: Mohammad Naim Yaakub <genera...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:32:56 +0800

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 3:38:40 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
mula mula pakai kena jaga sikit steering so that kereta keep straight line kan?

mfaizal...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2010, 3:41:05 AM12/14/10
to SMS
I did not notice that anyway I selalu keep my hand firm on the steering. .

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: Mohammad Naim Yaakub <genera...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:38:40 +0800

arshad ahmad

Dec 14, 2010, 3:58:13 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
So bila nak upgrade ke Helium pulak?

From: arshad ahmad <arsha...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:58:13 -0800 (PST)

arshad ahmad

Dec 14, 2010, 3:59:58 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Alamak, kena balik bukak kat rumah. Kat ofis tak buleh bukak youtube.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:59:40 +0000

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 4:12:19 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
lethal combination

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 4:13:10 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
kat bb ke iphone x leh?

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 14, 2010, 4:19:17 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Atau innova arshad nanti buat wheelie atau weekang. Other thing is, its so light -  can it be pressurised in the tyre to 30-32 psi? Nitrogen can.

arshad ahmad

Dec 14, 2010, 4:37:07 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Weekang? U sure have all the vocabs huh. Did u learn it from yr students in the politeknik?

On the pressure thing, theoretically there is no problem. Its either they tested it and found it unsuitable or they found it suitable but its too expensive to manufacture. With Nitrogen, we already have the raw material (80% in the air).

Dec 14, 2010, 6:59:38 AM12/14/10
to zairi muhammad

Ni nak share experience guna nitrogen gas utk tayar.

1.       In 2003, masa tukar tayar, toke kedai tu recommend guna nitro. Dia kata advantages included:

·         Tayar tahan lama sbb tk ada moisture (average moisture dlm tayar 5%)

·         Tayar lebih ringan sbb tak ada moisture etc

·         Tayar lambat deflate sbb molecule nitro lebih besar dari molecule oxy

·         Nitro lebih cool so good on hot road surface mcm di msia.

·         Etc etc (lupa dah)

2.       So gunalah nitro for the first time in 2003. (for nitro, tube cap color hijau!)

3.       Mula2 OK lepas tu jadi quite troublesome sbb:

·         bila nk refill kena cari kedai tayar yg ada nitro. Dulu2 tk byk kedai yg jual nitro.

·         Every time refill kena charge RM5. Question is how do we know when to refill unless kereta kita ada tire pressure sensor? Tkkan everytime bila rasa angin kurang, nak pi top up dengan nitro & paid RM5? Top up sikit ka banyak ka tetap kena RM5.

·         Kebetulan tayar pancit bila balik Sg Petani so kena la guna normal air (78% nitro, 21% oxygen) sbb kat situ tk ada kedai yg jual nitro. So defeat the purpose lah sbb bukan dah semua tayar guna nitro lagi.

·         Last2 tiap2 top up guna normal air saja & no more nitro. Kalau tk silap tk sampai 1 tahun guna nitro.

4.       Misled info abt nitro for tire (from selected sites & forums):

·         no scientific tests that shows nitrogen-filled tires stayed inflated longer than average under normal conditions

·         moisture presence has very minimal impact on tire unless the vehicles are driven at high speed for long hours like F1 racing

·         the weight difference is less than 4% of the gas in the tire thus the tires are insignificantly lighter. So ‘vehicle is lighter with nitro gas’ is more of a psychological feeling since we were told so by the dealers.

5.       An advice from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), USA:

       Rather than shell out for nitrogen, you'd be better off just checking and adjusting your tire

       pressure regularly, something less than 60 percent motorists (in USA) actually do.

6.       A bit on tires:

·         I am using TOYO tires made in JAPAN & I realised they are far superior than CONTINENTAL tires made in Malaysia. I believe it has something to do with the quality control imposed in the Japanese production. And they costs less too! Moreover, I was told that CONTINENTAL tires wear out faster than TOYO tires.

·         Tire price of a tire highly depends on the spec and country make. A 215/60R16 (yg naim baru beli) costs less than a 215/55R60 which costs less than 215/55R17 which costs less than a 215/55R18 which cost less than 225/55R18 which costs less than a 225/45R18 etc etc! A Michelin tire of 215/55R17 made in Thailand costs about RM560 but a Dunlop tire of the same size made in France costs RM1,350, not to mention Michelin & Pirelli tires made in Europe!

Glad to hear comments from others.

No virus found in this message.

arsha...@yahoo.com

Dec 14, 2010, 8:59:17 AM12/14/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
I got too lazy to get on line so I decided to download it on my hp. Luckily it is a short strip.
So thats what its all about. Well in d desert, what else can u do.

> musu, hang dah jawab sendiri..."di sini isi nitrogen bila nak pergi sand
> duning atau *long distance travelling masa summer"* . In case hang dah
> lupa,
> malaysia summer all the time, and I do travel long distance, so nitrogen is
> fine for me. Makin ramai kat malaysia yg guna nitrogen. Wan yang introduce
> kat aku.
> Hang pernah try sand duning? try lah, di malaysia x dak benda tu.
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM, mustakim rashid
> <mustaki...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > pasal apa isi nitrogen. disini isi nitrogen bila nak nak pergi sand
> duning
> > atau long distance travelling masa summer.
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Mohammad Naim Yaakub <
> > genera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks to all contributors on tyres. Just replaced 4 with michelin
> >> 215/60R16 made in thailand. RM400x4=1600. Kalau europe mari, RM520 each.
> >> had those filled with nitrogen at no additional cost plus nitrogen
> refill at
> >> the shop in Bangi, FOC for the next two years. Nitro-filled tyres
> >> are lighter - steering feels lighter. Takes a short while to get used
> to. So
> >> far, loving it.

> that
> measures.
> bet

muhamad yusoff

Dec 15, 2010, 9:23:38 AM12/15/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
Tayar pun jadi issue...mcm tu lah hampa yang dah tua lanjut....

From: muhamad yusoff <wi...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:23:38 +0800 (SGT)

muhamad yusoff

Dec 15, 2010, 9:47:05 AM12/15/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
aikk....hang marah....nanti kena juai

Dec 20, 2010, 8:38:09 AM12/20/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
KUALA LUMPUR: Produk berasaskan getah terutama tayar naik antara 6.5 peratus hingga lapan peratus bermula bulan ini berikutan peningkatan harga getah di pasaran dunia.
Syarikat pengeluar tayar Yokohama, Toyo, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Falken, Hankook dan Kumho mengumumkan kenaikan itu susulan peningkatan harga getah dan bahan mentah lain berasaskan petrokimia seperti getah sintetik dan karbon hitam yang menjadi bahan mentah utama menghasilkan tayar.

http://www.tranungkite.net/v11/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5284#185558

Mohammad Naim Yaakub

Dec 20, 2010, 10:14:44 PM12/20/10
to smsp...@googlegroups.com
utk orang lain, kenaikan ini jadi satu masalah. Bagi Usahawan    Hj.Shukor, dia nampak sebagai satu peluang. Minyak enjin mahal, dia pakai minyak masak cap saji. Ni  harga tayar naik, dia tak pakai tayar getah. Ada la substitute tu. Nak tau kena tanya dia.