3PAR Disk busy issue

Sri

Mar 13, 2017, 7:33:58 AM3/13/17
to SMI-S Developers Group

Dear Team,

We are monitoring our 3PAR storage using SMI-S. For the disk busy (%) measure, in the 3PAR management console, we are seeing expected variability of values between 60% and 70% (please refer screenshot). However, when checking the CIM Instance of TPD_DiskStatisticalData class 'PercentBusy' counter, we are not getting valid monitoring data. It is 0% for a half hour and then immediately rises to 100% for the next half hour and falls back to 0% for another half hour. The cycle repeats indefinitely (please refer screenshot). We checked another counter called IdleTimeCounter in order to try and derive the disk busy % value but that is also constantly 0! Kindly let us know the fix for this issue. Thank you

--

Regards,

Sri