SMI-S API Connectivity Test script?

Scot Needy

Apr 22, 2014, 9:15:02 PM4/22/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 Quick scan of the list didn't produce results.

Anyone have a script or reference to a utility to test SMI-S  connectivity ?

Peter Lamanna

Apr 23, 2014, 3:56:00 AM4/23/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

What you probably want is a CIM Browser.  There a number of different choices.  Do a search on the web for "CIM Browser".  There is an old posting to this group here that you may want to start with.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/smi-s-developers-group/XQtaX9zr3x8

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Peter

Jim Davis

Apr 23, 2014, 8:40:34 AM4/23/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
We have a free one available (click on the product information on the right side of the page).

Jim Davis
CTO
910-528-5511

Rigger, James

Apr 23, 2014, 10:07:03 AM4/23/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com

Totally cool – when did you start distributing WBEMOP for free?

James Rigger

Conformance Testing Programs Manager

Storage Networking Industry Association

_______________________________________

SNIA

Office:  719.694.1381

Mobile: 719.659.7861

james....@snia.org

www.snia.org

Paul Ferdinand

Apr 24, 2014, 10:13:26 AM4/24/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
We provider WBEMWorkshop as a free download. The WBEMWorkshop GUI tool is a framework that allows the addition of features through plug-ins. Many of these features are similar to the features in our CLI tools.  The wbemop CLI, as well as our other CLI tools, are only available as part of our SDK.

Give WBEMWorkshop a try and let us know what you think.

Paul Ferdinand
Staff Engineer
WS

Paul Robert Marino

Apr 27, 2014, 2:33:31 PM4/27/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
If you would like a free CIM API thats relatively easy to work with check out my pure Perl CIM API.
its completely platform independant and written entirely in Perl so it has no dependencies on C (except certain up stream XML::Parser modules may use C XML libraries depending on your platform) or java libraries.
https://github.com/prmarino1/Lib-CIM-Perl
There is fairly decent documentation Ive been working on for it here
this one is short and goes over configuring the connection settings and discovering namespaces on the WBEM server.
https://github.com/prmarino1/Lib-CIM-Perl/blob/master/LCP::Session.md
This one covers constructing a query with examples.
https://github.com/prmarino1/Lib-CIM-Perl/blob/master/LCP::Query.md

It still a work in progress but it can do quite a bit already.
most of the read only operations are done but the create, delete, modify, or set operations haven't been completed or fully tested yet. I also havent started writing the CIMQL and Pulled operations yet but those are next after completion of the basic intrinsic methods.

Tejas Saner

May 5, 2014, 6:50:32 PM5/5/14
to smi-s-developers-group

search for cimsurfer or webmbrowser . These utilities are quite handy to test a connection