Space Consumed and Space available

Anmol Rastogi

May 6, 2014, 2:47:24 AM5/6/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to get how much space is consumed and how space is available in the SAN physical disk and logical disk. Is there a way to get these details using the SMI-S profile if yes then which profile? I am having the Dell PowerVault MD storage array.

Thanks in advance!

Paul von Behren

May 6, 2014, 11:33:00 AM5/6/14
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
RAID capacity monitoring is defined in SMI-S Block Services Package (a type of profile).  This is in the SMI-S Block book.  If the array supports thin provisoining, you also want to look at the thin provisioning profile (also in the block book).

Anmol Rastogi