using random image with SLIR

Gerben van Dijk

May 24, 2012, 9:19:39 AM5/24/12
to Smart Lencioni Image Resizer
Hi there,

First of all, great script, have been using it since Smart Image
Resizer :-).
I have a question: I am generating a random image by php, wich results
in a file like this:

http://cdn.gportdev.nl/img/normal/rotate.php

But if I use SLIR and this script combined, I get the following error:

http://cdn.gportdev.nl/slir/w900/http://cdn.gportdev.nl/img/normal/rotate.php

Is there any way I can make this work?

Regards,

Gerben van Dijk

Joe Lencioni

May 24, 2012, 9:54:38 AM5/24/12
to smart-lencioni...@googlegroups.com
I think the only way to make that work with SLIR would be to have a script that would make some sort of HTTP request to the first random image script, cache that file somewhere, and then pass that new actual image filename to SLIR.

Gerben van Dijk

May 24, 2012, 12:00:28 PM5/24/12
to Smart Lencioni Image Resizer
Thanks for the quick reply. Would that also work if i rewrite the url
of rotate.php to rotate.jpg via .htaccess?

On 24 mei, 09:54, Joe Lencioni <joe.lenci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the only way to make that work with SLIR would be to have a script
> that would make some sort of HTTP request to the first random image script,
> cache that file somewhere, and then pass that new actual image filename to
> SLIR.
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Gerben van Dijk <
>

> gerbenvandijkmob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
>
> > First of all, great script, have been using it since Smart Image
> > Resizer :-).
> > I have a question: I am generating a random image by php, wich results
> > in a file like this:
>
> >http://cdn.gportdev.nl/img/normal/rotate.php
>
> > But if I use SLIR and this script combined, I get the following error:
>
> >http://cdn.gportdev.nl/slir/w900/http://cdn.gportdev.nl/img/normal/ro...

Joe Lencioni

May 24, 2012, 12:16:25 PM5/24/12
to smart-lencioni...@googlegroups.com
No, the file on the filesystem that SLIR is pointed to needs to be an actual image file.