Tutorial or Explanation of # directives

Scott Cardais

Mar 22, 2014, 7:49:11 AM3/22/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
The concept of # directives is new to me.

I get the impression that # directives are a means of configuring the behavior of a Fargo outline so I'd like to learn more about how to use # directives.

Is there a Help document describing:
  • the dictionary of different # directives currently supported in Fargo 1.51 and what they do?
  • How and where to set these # directives in a Fargo outline?
For example, are these # directives set at the node level using the suitcase icon or are they embedded as a node / sub nodes in the outline itself or both? If both, which types of # directives go where?

For example, the instructions for publishing a linkblog mentions,  "Add #type directive at the top level of the outline, with the value "stream".

A screen shot showing how and where to insert the # type directive with a value of "stream"  would be very helpful or even a bit more explanation.

Finally - thanks for Fargo and for pushing forward on Fargo after the Trex setback. It look like Fargo is getting stronger.

If this is explained in a Help document, Id love to read it. Otherwise, any ad hoc explanation would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave Winer

Mar 22, 2014, 9:03:50 AM3/22/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
The docs are linked to from the Docs menu in Fargo itself. The part you'd probably find most useful is this.

Dave