Issue Posting to Wordpress

Daniel Foote

May 24, 2015, 2:11:09 PM5/24/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com

I consistently receive the following message after attempting a test post from a Fargo.io outline:

[Can't save or update the post because "Can't get data about the blog, "http://azld23warroom.wordpress.com" because it does not appear to be a blog."]

Screenshot:

I have verified the WordPress Address and password, see screen shot

Thanks

Daniel P. Foote, CPA

dfoo...@gmail.com

AzDashboard.typepad.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dfootecpa

Cell: 480 252.8423

"… who looks upon its accounting as mere recording, and not as a method of control for the details of that business,

misses the vital significance and use of the facts behind its figures.”  -- A.E. Andersen, Systems Magazine

image002.jpg
image006.jpg

Dave Winer

May 24, 2015, 2:27:23 PM5/24/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Apparently they changed something on the WordPress side and it broke this interface.

Not sure if it's going to come back.

Dave

dfoo...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 10:50:00 AM5/25/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Okay.  Thanks.  And apologies for using the incorrect forum.  This is more of an end-user question.

Dave Winer

May 25, 2015, 10:57:19 AM5/25/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
No apologies necessary, it seems on-topic for a question about the web and Fargo.

Frank McPherson

May 25, 2015, 3:38:23 PM5/25/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
In light of this change on WordPress' part, and the understandable desire to not have to constantly make changes to Fargo to match whenever WordPress changes, would you consider adding the ability for Fargo to save an outline as clean HTML or text? I see the HTML content that is rendered and saved in Dropbox by Fargo, but those HTML documents contain a lot of Javascript.

Dave Winer

May 25, 2015, 3:38:58 PM5/25/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried to do this yourself and failed?

Jeffrey Kishner

May 26, 2015, 10:18:30 AM5/26/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used this script in a long time (and I didn't write it and don't remember who did). I cannot attest to its reliability, but you can add this to your menubar.opml and see how it works at exporting an outline as html:

export as html
	var title = op.getLineText();
	var s = "";
	var head = "<html><body><h1>" + title + "</h1>";
	var foot = "</body></html>";
	op.visitSubs (
		function (headline, level) {
			s +=  string.filledString ("\t", level) + "<li>" + headline.getLineText () + "</li>\r\n";
			},
		function () {s += "<ul>";},
		function () {s += "</ul>";}
		);
	html = head + s + foot;
	path = title + '.html';
	file.writeWholeFile (path, html, function (data) {
		file.getPublicUrl (path, function (url) {
			window.open (url);
			});
		});

Frank McPherson

Jun 15, 2015, 7:47:31 PM6/15/15
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I finally got around to checking out this script and found it works as advertised. The script that Jeffrey provided exports all child nodes as a list item, for my purposes I want those items to be paragraphs and it was a simple edit to make that happen.

I am sharing my edited version of the script in case anyone else desires a script that exports a parent and child nodes as a plain HTML document. The parent node is the document title and H1, all subsequent child nodes are paragraphs and any other associated HTML for links and images are exported verbatim.

Hopefully this copy and past works from my menubar.opml

Export to HTML
	var title = op.getLineText();
	var s = "";
	var head = "<html><body><h1>" + title + "</h1>";
	var foot = "</body></html>";
	op.visitSubs (
		function (headline, level) {
			s +=  string.filledString ("\t", level) + "<p>" + headline.getLineText () + "</p>\r\n";
			},
		function () {s += "<p>";},
		function () {s += "</p>";}
		);
	html = head + s + foot;
	path = title + '.html';
	file.writeWholeFile (path, html, function (data) {
		file.getPublicUrl (path, function (url) {
			window.open (url);
			});
		});

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:40 PM Frank McPherson <frank.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Jeffrey, I'll check this script out.