Can't figure out where menu comes from

Bill Soistmann

Sep 7, 2014, 12:05:46 PM9/7/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
This is driving me nuts and I can't seem to figure out what's going on.

I have several outlines I'm trying to put together as a website and it was going very well until I tried to edit the menu yesterday. I'll post all the links you need below, but I want to provide as much into as possible to help debug this.

I have had - and still have sometimes - issues with Dropbox on Linux and conflicted copies, etc. I had to really play with the outlines a bit and turn off auto save in Fargo and I did finally get the outlines to save the way I want.

I am just trying to get one outline to work and then I'll rebuild the others.

I've closed the outline Im rending and the cmsprefs outline and given Dropbox time to sync and checked the outlines in a text editor and they look right to me.

You can see them at

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4ilarwvrx3kbo1w/cmsprefs.opml?dl=0

and

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vrd3heqhy74d6n5/about.opml?dl=0

I deleted

~/Dropbox/Apps/Fargo/html/about

and

~/Dropbox/Apps/Fargo/#hosting/about.pack

and then deleted the about folder in S3 and checked to see that it's empty and I get "no such key" errors.

Then I open about.opml in Fargo and click "Render all pages..." and I get this

http://www.bsoi.st/about/

The menu being shown is an older version. How does Fargo know to use that? Where is it reading it from? Does it see an older version from Dropbox?

I am stumped.

Bill Soistmann

Sep 7, 2014, 7:19:52 PM9/7/14
to smallpic...@googlegroups.com
I solved the problem by renaming cmsprefs.opml to cmsPrefs.opml but I would still like to know where the old menu comes from. I do not have a global prefs outline any more and I don't see anything saved on the server.