Tammany Hall Tournament

WebMaster

Oct 15, 2012, 11:08:36 PM10/15/12
to sloth...@googlegroups.com
SlothNinja Games is hosting their first tournament ever.  I'm still trying to secure corporate sponsorship so it's "possible" there may be various prizes.  If I'm unable to secure a sponsor, I'll give my own personal KS copy to the winner of the tournament assuming at least 20 participants.  I'll also cover shipping in the continental US and a portion of shipping to other locales.

The format of the tournament will depend upon the number of participants.  However, I'll generally try to have 2-5 rounds with a preference toward fewer rounds.  Also, I plan to structure the tournament so that each player plays in 1-5 games per round.

In order to keep the tournament moving, you will need to be willing to try to make multiple moves a day.  I will send a warning to any player that fails to take a move with 24 hours and reserve the right to force a forfeit after 36 hours.  However, I'd much rather people play games out.  Things become messing in a multiplayer game tournament if there are forfeits.  The site sends automatic turn notifications.  If you are not receiving them, check your spam filter.

To sign-up for the tournament, please post to the Tammany Hall Tournament Sign-Up thread in this forum and include your username at www.slothninja.com.

I have also created a Tournament Format Discussion thread.  If you have ideas as to how the tournament should be structured and how forfeits should be handled, please post your ideas to that thread.  I'll consider them.  It doesn't mean I'll act upon any of them.  But, I'm a bit concerned about forfeits.  I hope we have none, but I sort of doubt that will be the case.

Please Note.  SlothNinja Games is a free site with no revenue.  I'm running this tournament for the benefit of the community.  Also, this is the first tournament held at the site.  It's possible that the whole thing crashes and burns.  Basically, I reserve the right to cancel the tournament for any reason and/or distribute the prizes in an alternative manner.  For example, I may decide to simply raffle off the prize(s) based on a random draw if the tournament goes to hell.

I hope things proceed smoothly.  And above all else, I hope everyone has fun.

Jeff

mariogolbee

Oct 23, 2012, 10:09:35 PM10/23/12
to sloth...@googlegroups.com
In like Flynn! Username - mariogolbee. Thanks!