import data from slickgrid to Excel

chandra mouli

Nov 16, 2016, 12:11:13 PM11/16/16
to SlickGrid
can any one help me in implementing the import data from slickgrid to excel

Steve Zlamany

Nov 17, 2016, 7:56:02 AM11/17/16
to slic...@googlegroups.com
That's not a simple question.  And it certainly is not a SlickGrid question.  I send my slickgrid data back to the IIS VB.Net backend code I have and in that code I create an EXCEL file.  Have you ever created an EXCEL file in code?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM, chandra mouli <chandra...@gmail.com> wrote:
can any one help me in implementing the import data from slickgrid to excel

Mouli

Nov 17, 2016, 8:39:08 AM11/17/16
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Can we do it using jquery and c#

Nov 17, 2016, 9:44:23 AM11/17/16
to slic...@googlegroups.com

JQuery has nothing to do with it;  that’s just a JavaScript library that runs in the browser to make coding your Web application easier.  You won’t be creating the spreadsheet in the browser, so you won’t be using JQuery or JavaScript to create the spreadsheet.

C#, though, is indeed what you want to use to make the Excel file.  Like Steve said, you’ll have to send your data back to the server via an AJAX Web Service call, and in that Web Service handler (this is where you’ll be using C# at the server), you’ll create the Excel file from that data.

Also as Steve noted, there’s no one-line answer to this question.  You’ll have to research the .NET classes that you’ll be using to create the spreadsheet.

I use EPPlus to create Excel sheets, and it works beautifully.  It’s a library that greatly simplifies this process.  Read about it here, with a nice little example to get you started (there’s a link to the EPPlus library download there, too)  (READ the page, though!  It’s an old project, with GPL licensing;  you may not be able to use it):

http://gunnarpeipman.com/2010/05/using-excelpackage-to-create-excel-sheets-on-server/

Good luck to you!