An editController is still active

abx

Sep 28, 2010, 3:31:59 PM9/28/10
to SlickGrid
I have a page with two slickgrid on it. Both have editable columns
with custom editors and formatters.
Once in a while, during intensive usage test on edit columns, I get
this error:

SlickGrid.EditorLock.activate: an editController is still active,
can't activate another editController

As i can see, it's raised because currentEditController is set when I
try to activate another editController.

Am I ignoring any good practice? Should I take care of deactivating
the old editController somehow?

Thanks

Michael Leibman

Sep 28, 2010, 3:57:37 PM9/28/10
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Hard to say without knowing the specifics of what you are doing.
In general, SlickGrid handles acquiring and releasing the lock for you.  The only thing that comes to mind is if you are using async editor loading (one of the options) and you run your tests concurrently on two instances, you could have a race condition.  Try disabling that option.

abx

Sep 28, 2010, 7:44:03 PM9/28/10
to SlickGrid
Yep, that is enabled indeed.

It worths the try to disable it, I will let you know the results

Thanks

abx

Sep 29, 2010, 12:17:11 PM9/29/10
to SlickGrid