Error with Visual Fortran: Error spawning 'vcspawn.exe'

Bob Schreiner

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
I cannot compile any code because I keep getting this 'vcspawn.exe' error. See
details below...

Computer: Dell GX110
OS: Windows NT 4.00.1381, SP 6

Internet Studio 5 5.50.4134.0600
Visual Fortran 6.1A (everything) installed in common folders

Both above installed by account with administrator privilege
System variables INCLUDE, LIB, MSINPUT, Path are set

Sample application build "Celsius" doesn't work
(even after updating dependencies):

--------------------Configuration: Celsius - Win32 Debug--------------------
Cannot start tool.
The operation completed successfully.
Cannot start tool.
Error spawning 'vcspawn.exe'. The build could not be performed.

Celsius.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

There is a file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\MSDEV98\BIN\vcspawn
Type: Application, Size = 24KB, MSDOS name = VCSPAWN.EXE, Attributes = Archive,
Version = 6.00.8168.0, Permission = Everyone has full control

Richard Maine

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
Bob Schreiner <b...@trg.saic.com> writes:

> I cannot compile any code because I keep getting this 'vcspawn.exe' error. See
> details below...

I take it that the vendor's support address isn't working? :-)

</Hint>

--
Richard Maine
ma...@qnet.com

Dan Evens

Aug 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/30/00

Compaq Fortran web site:

http://www.compaq.com/fortran

They are very helpful and have their own bulletin board.

--
Dan Evens
Standard disclaimers etc. No spam please.

Bob Schreiner <b...@trg.saic.com> wrote in article
<39AC668A...@trg.saic.com>...
[visual Fortran probs]