Re: [Skulpt] Graphics in Skulpt

Brad Miller

Nov 16, 2016, 2:55:11 PM11/16/16
to sku...@googlegroups.com
I think this would be a nice project.   The best way to do it would be to implement an API that looks just like the Zelle API, but is implemented using Javascript drawing primitives on an HTML5 canvas.

So, win = GrphWin()  would create the canvas and return a Skulpt object that had the same methods as the GraphWin object.

Brad

Bradley Miller, PhD
Professor, Dept. Chair, Computer Science, Data Science
Luther College
Founder, Runestone Interactive
Blog: A Reputable Journal

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Novice Programmer <azai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Want to add graphics module to Skulpt.
For exmple if user type in

import grahpics or from grphics import*
win = GrphWin();

which opens a empty window if you run this on desktop after downloading graphics.py module created by John Zelle. what would be the best way of doing this in JavaScript for Web?

--

---

Novice Programmer

Nov 20, 2016, 7:19:52 AM11/20/16
to Skulpt

I have started working on this project. However, my plan is to use SVG rather than Canvas because when user create new GraphWin object it will popup new window. This seems easier using SVG compare to Canvas. I think right now I am working on tkinter like implementation. Hopefully, I will have more understanding on how to create proper Zelle style API as I go along. I will keep you posted once I have something to show. Thanks