Skulpt Architecture Diagram [v2]

Novice Programmer

Apr 24, 2017, 12:41:20 PM4/24/17
to Skulpt
To be more concise on what I am looking for based on previous post is that I want to know in visual how does Skulpt talks to browsers?

i.e.

                     Skulpt
            Turtle and Math ->        Browser Window
                                                Python Code goes here

Is this correct? or what happens when user type the Python code in Browser Window textbox? does it go back to Skulpt?

Brad Miller

Apr 24, 2017, 6:44:12 PM4/24/17
to sku...@googlegroups.com
I think maybe you are missing the fact that Skulpt is an implementation of Python written in Javascript.  So when you enter code in the textbook there is a javascript function that is called that invokes the python interpreter right in the browser.

Bradley Miller, PhD
Professor, Dept. Chair, Computer Science, Data Science
Luther College
Founder, Runestone Interactive
Blog: A Reputable Journal

--