Implementing Skulpt on Website

Jayce

Aug 15, 2016, 3:42:53 PM8/15/16
to Skulpt
I'm not really sure how to explain this but I'll try my best. I make text games using Python, and I want people to be able to play them on my web site. Right now, I have them hosted on repl.it, but I don't want all the traffic going there (purely – maybe as a backup if something happens). I'm trying to figure out how to put Skulpt on my site so it just shows the interactive console and – I guess – load a specific game depending on what link they click on the home page.

I hope this makes sense. I've been trying to formulate this in my head for a while now, but I never know how to put it in the right words. I'm okay with Python, but I'm very shaky when it comes to the more technical aspects of things (HTTPRequests and such like that).

Yehonathan Sharvit

Aug 21, 2016, 11:10:10 PM8/21/16
to Skulpt
Could you share an example of your website with repl.it?

Randy Baxley

Aug 22, 2016, 10:15:11 AM8/22/16
to sku...@googlegroups.com
Interesting piece of code.  I am not at all sure I have the time now but I would hope to visit this and the code from another project for an browser based ide https://github.com/CSC495-2014/TeamworkEnglewoodGit this post though it may be helpful to others is also a placeholder for me to return to and if there is a fithub or other shareable repo for this projrct it would interest me as I think this type of project could be very useful in the open community as I found codeskulpter to be when taking the Rice Coursera  Interactive python class.

--

---