How to run Skulpt from local machine?

Novice Programmer

Oct 16, 2016, 2:03:42 PM10/16/16
to Skulpt
I have downloaded skulpt from GitHub. I have got Dist folder with skulpt.min.js and skulpt-stdlib.js.
However, I am unable to figure out how to run Skulpt from local machine. I would like to know as I want to create some modules. Thanks

Novice Programmer

Oct 16, 2016, 2:03:44 PM10/16/16
to Skulpt

I have downloaded skulpt from GitHub. I have got Dist folder with skulpt.min.js and skulpt-stdlib.js.

However, I am unable to figure out how to run skulpt from local machine. I would like to know as I want to create some modules

Brad Miller

Oct 16, 2016, 2:25:29 PM10/16/16
to sku...@googlegroups.com
I would encourage you to start by scanning the CONTRIBUTING and HACKING documents in the repository.  Many of these questions are answered there.

To answer your question directly, If you have a file with a python program you can run it quite simply from the command line as ./skulpt.py run myprog.py   If you want to run it in the browser you can do ./skulpt.py brun myprog.py     These questions and many more functions of the skulpt.py command can be uncovered by running ./skulpt.py help

Bradley Miller, PhD
Professor, Dept. Chair, Computer Science
Luther College
Founder, Runestone Interactive
Blog: A Reputable Journal

--