Locked Location.

Ragav Venkatesan

Aug 3, 2015, 11:50:14 PM8/3/15
to skdata
Hi,

I am constantly getting this error.

File "/home/ragav/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lockfile/linklockfile.py", line 20, in acquire

raise LockFailed("failed to create %s" % self.unique_name)
lockfile
.LockFailed: failed to create /home/****/.skdata/larochelle_etal_2007/****-c8f7b740.5129-3567058164135598460

No matter what I do. I have manually tried to unlock the folder, I reinstalled skdata. Nothing seems to work. What do I do to get rid of this ?

Thanks for help.

James Bergstra

Aug 4, 2015, 9:24:15 AM8/4/15
to skd...@googlegroups.com
Can you get the lockfile library to work on your system in a temp directory somewhere, or is this a problem specifically for skdata's use of lockfile?

Ragav Venkatesan

Aug 4, 2015, 10:55:30 AM8/4/15
to skd...@googlegroups.com

Specific for skdata.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "skdata" group.

James Bergstra

Aug 4, 2015, 12:19:22 PM8/4/15
to skd...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what to tell you, maybe just dig around and see if you can fix it up?

Ragav Venkatesan

Aug 5, 2015, 2:18:11 PM8/5/15
to skdata
I appears that the file location, particularly for the Larochelle MNIST datasets is locked and isn't unlocked after loading. I am not sure where it happens, but thats what appears to be happening. I will try and debug it and make a PR if I come up with a solution. But I found a messy quick fix right now: Create a new user and reinstall skdata for that user. I guess a better 'messier fix' would be to change the home directory from /.skdata to something else.

Thanks.

Frédéric Bastien

Aug 5, 2015, 3:04:46 PM8/5/15
to skd...@googlegroups.com
Juste delete the .skdata directory to have it clean and start again?

Fred

Ragav Venkatesan

Aug 5, 2015, 3:07:14 PM8/5/15
to skd...@googlegroups.com

That was the first thing I tried.. That and reinstalling the skdata package along with the LockFile package. Didn't work. I wish I had the time to debug this. It's getting weirder and interesting. I am sure it's a silly little thing that I am missing somewhere.

jaja...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 5:36:41 AM3/10/17
to skdata
Manually access or code to create 'larochelle_etal_2007' folder at location - '/Users/your_mac_username/.skdata/' or '/home/your_ubuntu_username/.skdata/' and rerun the script.
OR
Use the skdata scripts from https://github.com/jaberg/skdata/tree/fb08e82cdd4fc080bd619ab5acdb0d82aee30787/skdata instead of pip installing.

Explanation:
The following python script: '/home/jajati/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skdata/larochelle_etal_2007.py' uses home() method with following code to get download location and appends 'larochelle_etal_2007' but doesn't check if the folder exists before appending.

(Error at line 224)

line 46  : from data_home import get_data_home
line 205: def home(self, *names):
                     return os.path.join(
                              get_data_home(),
                              'larochelle_etal_2007',
                              self.NAME,
                              *names)
line 224: with lockfile.FileLock(self.home()) as lock:

/home/jajati/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skdata/data_home.py has code to make directory only till '/home/your_ubuntu_username/.skdata/'.