Skanect Crash a lot

Peter Christensen

Jun 18, 2015, 9:38:19 AM6/18/15
to ska...@googlegroups.com
When I am using Skanect it still crash a lot.
I happens sometimes before I start the UPLINK scan and many times right after I have done the scan.
It is very annoying when I am out together with customers where I am scanning the object.

After Skanect close down I open it again and look at the log file. Not sure if it say anything about what course the error. But here it is:

INFO: Starting Skanect 1.8.3 (64 bits)
INFO: Configuration file: C:/Users/christensen/AppData/Roaming/ManCTL/Skanect.ini
INFO: License configuration file: C:/Users/christensen/AppData/Roaming/ManCTL/SkanectLicense.ini
INFO: Number of CUDA devices: 1
INFO: Device 0:  "GeForce GT 730M"  933Mb / 1024Mb
WARNING: Can't determine number of cores. Unknown SM version 3.5!
INFO: Device 0: sm_35, 0 cores
INFO: Device 0: Driver/Runtime ver.6.50/6.50
INFO: CUDA major: 3
INFO: CUDA GeForce GT 730M, global memory: 1024M
INFO: CUDA device specs seem ok.
INFO: Could instanciate a GPU fusion successfully.
WARNING: Can't determine number of cores. Unknown SM version 3.5!
INFO: No support for Kinect One SDK.
INFO: Initializing Kin4Win driver

INFO: No Kinect for Windows devices found.
INFO: OpenNI2: Number of devices: 0
INFO: No support for softkinetic, skipping.
INFO: Depth Intrinsics: fx/fy/cx/cy [0.000 | 0.000 | 0.000 | 0.000]
INFO: Color Intrinsics: fx/fy/cx/cy [0.000 | 0.000 | 0.000 | 0.000]

I thought the problem was fixed with the latest update, but apparently that is not the case!

Hope their is a solution to this so I don't need to take 2-3 scans when I am out scanning in the field.

Thankful for any advice that can help me!

Peter Christensen

Jun 24, 2015, 5:28:55 AM6/24/15
to ska...@googlegroups.com

I get this error a lot - what is wrong with Skanect?

I was again out again today for scanning object by customers and I believe Skanect did freeze or close down 80% of the times I try to make a scan. I is really annoying.

Please give me some support how to fix this problem!

Thanks!

Nicolas Burrus

Jul 14, 2015, 3:24:20 AM7/14/15
to Peter Christensen, ska...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Sorry your messages went through unanswered. Did you also try contacting our tech support directly (ska...@occipital.com)? You should typically get faster support answers this way, since this is more of a community forum.

Regarding your crashes, do they happen even after just one or two scans? Or only after many scans? Could you monitor the memory Skanect is using during your scan? You can do this with the task manager on Windows.

Thanks,
Nicolas