FW: The May 2011 NCEA E-News is now online!

Jim Dolan

May 19, 2011, 9:37:19 AM5/19/11
to skagit-eld...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: NC...@AoA.gov [mailto:NC...@AoA.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:52 AM
To: eN...@aoa.hhs.gov
Subject: The May 2011 NCEA E-News is now online!

The May 2011 NCEA E-News is now online! To read the latest issue, go to:

http://ncea.aoa.gov/NCEAroot/Main_Site/Resources/Newsletter/current_newsletter.pdf

Here are some of the highlights:

As we countdown to WEAAD 2011, E-News readers contribute updates from communities in California, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Virginia. An Age for Justice: Confronting Elder Abuse in America and other popular resources for observing WEAAD are available for community observances.

Practitioners, researchers, and elder rights advocates gather in New York to explore issues and complexities surrounding elder sexual abuse and the sexual rights of older individuals.

May is Older Americans Month. This year’s theme is Connecting the Community. Learn about available resources and national initiatives.

Dr. Laura Mosqueda and the Elder Abuse Forensic Center are honored by the US Department of Justice for innovation in serving victims of crime.

New diagnostic guidelines were recently developed that recognize earlier stages of Alzheimer’s dementia.

Online resources…Requests for Presentations…Funding opportunities…Calendar of Events…and more!

Together, we have the power to prevent elder abuse.