SEA Info Line

Jim Dolan

Nov 9, 2010, 9:05:15 PM11/9/10
to skagit-eld...@googlegroups.com

Upon closer examination of the Sunday Skagit Valley Herald after our meeting today, my elation gave way to despair as I noted that the short article regarding the showing of the movie this Saturday simply mentions that the movie, sponsored by Skagit Elder Alliance and Skagit Disabled American Veterans, will be shown on Saturday in recognition of veterans Day.  The article does not give the place or the time of the movie, but it does give out our info line telephone number for more information.  (The two Ws of news reporting: Who and What, but apparently no Why Where or When.)

Therefore, as we discussed at our meeting today, it might be a bit of a higher priority than we thought to be sure that the info line is being checked this week.  Chances are that people who saw the article on Sunday may have called the info line for . . . . (wait for it)  . . .  more info.

Deb, you had asked for volunteers to follow up on this at the meeting today - if you do not have time to deal with this I will offer to try to connect with Sandy to see if we can monitor the info line this week.  Please let me know if you wish for me to do this.

-jbd-

PS:  I thought the meeting today was great and special thanks to those who cranked out the pamphlet.

Law Office of James B. Dolan, PLLC

720 South Main Street Suite 227

P.O. Box 2784

Mount Vernon, WA  98273

Telephone: 360-336-2939

Facsimile: 360-336-2949

E-Mail: jbd...@jbdolan.com

skagitv...@comcast.net

Nov 9, 2010, 10:25:36 PM11/9/10
to Jim Dolan, skagit-eld...@googlegroups.com

Jim

I wasn't a part of the previously accomplished advertising, but I can tell you all is not lost.

Monitoring the info line at this point is going to be very important but as you will be pleased

to see tomorrow morning we will have a pretty significant ad in the Herald giving all the details

of our event.  A gift from Stedem Wood at the Herald.  I did a radio spot last friday at KAPS

and I will but the word out at the Veterans Day event on Saturday.  I will have one of my DAV

members hand out flyers to everyone.  I'll see everyone at Hilcrest Park Saturday or the Lincoln Theater

later in the afternoon.

Sincerely, Rich

Richard L. Sundance, CDF., CDR

Skagit Valley Disabled American Veterans

Chapter 59

skagitv...@comcast.net

(360) 420-4046

Deborah Moskowitz

Nov 10, 2010, 11:05:02 AM11/10/10
to Jim Dolan, skagit-eld...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your hawk eye, Jim!  Good catch.  Yesterday after our meeting, I e-mailed Justin at Community Action, who set up our phone info line.  I requested directions for accessing the voice mail.  His instructions were awaiting me when I got to work this morning, so I will run through them and check the voice mail.  I’m more than willing to monitor the voice mail and respond to messages through next week.  If there is someone who would like to volunteer to pick up voice mail duty beginning Monday, Nov 22, please let me know.

Hopefully, Jill will have time to get some new copy together ASAP and get it on the outgoing message, so that we’re up-to-date.

I agree, yesterday’s meeting was excellent.  The enthusiasm of this group and people’s willingness to pitch in really energizes me.  We have an impressive collection of talent and resources among our members!!!  Thanks again to the brochure committee—job well done!

Stay tuned for more e-mails as I find out more info J

Deborah

Jim Dolan

Nov 10, 2010, 11:09:06 AM11/10/10
to skagitv...@comcast.net, skagit-eld...@googlegroups.com

Sweet!  Thank you for all of your help with promoting the movie, and with getting us a discount on the theater as well as the advertising in the Herald.  I think that KSVR is also putting out the word as well.

I will be at Hillcrest for the activities in the morning and hope that other SEA members will be able to participate.

-jbd-