SipXcom/AWS Users with Dynamic IPs

Tommy Laino

Jul 28, 2021, 11:18:48 AM7/28/21
to sipxcom-users
Was wondering how everyone is handling users who only have access to dynamic IP addresses when the SipXcom server is housed on an AWS instance. Have a customer who wants to go full remote for all users and close his office which means no tunneling through an office VPN to make remote workers accessible.

Would love to hear how some of the pros here are accomplishing this with good results.

Matt Keys

Oct 15, 2021, 10:27:32 PM10/15/21
to sipxcom-users
Use a cloud SBC to terminate connections and tunnel through VPN or whatever security level you need from there to your sipxcom server. Depending on the topology define the SBC as an unmanaged gateway (sipxproxy 5060) or as a SIP trunk / authenticated user (sipxbridge 5080).

Matt Keys

Oct 15, 2021, 10:34:09 PM10/15/21
to sipxcom-users
Sorry, it's important to mention you can do both at the same time too. Authenticated user (sip trunk) is helpful in call scenarios requiring authentication.

Tommy Laino

Oct 16, 2021, 12:29:54 AM10/16/21
to Matt Keys, sipxcom-users
Thanks Matt. Any recommendations on a Cloud SBC?

Matt Keys

Oct 16, 2021, 1:49:34 PM10/16/21
to sipxcom-users
I'm sorry but it's best if I refrain from answering that to avoiding any potential conflicts. In short it depends on your needs and your budget.

Jean-Francois Aubin

Oct 28, 2021, 10:56:30 AM10/28/21
to sipxcom-users
Hi Matt, Do you known if it better with cloud SBC or  hardware SBC Like sangoma?