Cisco SPA112 FXS

Jimmy

Jan 15, 2016, 4:12:34 PM1/15/16
to sipxcom-users
Has anyone gotten these to work behind remote NAT.

Jimmy

Feb 2, 2016, 2:21:43 AM2/2/16
to sipxcom-users
Hi once again,

Ive been playing around with the Cisco SPA112 FXS and I can get it to send t38 faxes and regular faxes via g711 with no problem.  But I cannot get it to receive.  What is weird is that when the ATA registers like

<sip:202@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5079;transport=tcp;x-sipX-privcontact=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%3A5079%3Btransport%3Dtcp>  faxes complete outgoing only ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ) represents my public ip

but when it registers normally

<sip:202@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5079;transport=tcp;x-sipX-privcontact=10.0.10.253%3A5079%3Btransport%3Dtcp>  voicemail picks up after it rings 10 times

I have the following enabled in the NAT Support Parameters on the Cisco SPA112 FXS

Handle VIA received: yes
Handle VIA rport: yes
Insert VIA received: yes
Insert VIA rport: no

Any guidance will greatly be appreciated..

Todd Hodgen

Feb 2, 2016, 2:25:17 AM2/2/16
to Jimmy, sipxcom-users

The SPA2102 and 3102 is actually fully supported and configured by sipXcom and works well with Fax.  You might give it a try.

Todd R. Hodgen

President / Founder

Sound IP Telecom

http://SIPTelecom.systems

206-432-4344 - Direct

206-390-4689 - Cell

SIP Telecom Logo1 copy

Your Puget Sound Telcom Partner

Do you Like Snow, Rain, Sleet, Hail, Thunder, Lightning?

If you do, then you will love the Cloud!

We appreciate your business referrals!

A Division of Misiu Systems LLC

Jimmy

Feb 2, 2016, 3:28:41 AM2/2/16
to sipxcom-users, dmano...@gmail.com
Got it to work.... a little unorthodox and weird but it works 100% @ 14.4k

<sip:202@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5079;transport=tcp;x-sipX-privcontact=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%3A5079%3Btransport%3Dtcp>

that's how it registers and faxes work both ways all the time... I increased the ringing time in sipxcom from 20 seconds to 35 seconds also.  Where should I post the config for anyone else that wants to use these devices behind a nat.  I can get them to work again flawlessly if they have there own public IP, with just entering the username and password in the config.

Michael Picher

Feb 2, 2016, 3:52:20 AM2/2/16
to Jimmy, sipxcom-users

Michael Picher, VP of Product Innovation
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square

Suite 104

Andover, MA. 01810

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. Any dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you. FMS

curr...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 1:32:13 PM2/19/16
to sipxcom-users, dmano...@gmail.com
Question, did you happen to get this to work?

I'm trying to get a SPA112 to work with fax and having similar issues. Outbound works fine but inbound is failing for some reason.