sipXivr not sending voicemail as email with audio attached.

Roy Reynolds

Sep 28, 2022, 11:40:39 AM9/28/22
to sipxcom-users
Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum and various websites for help but can't seem to figure this one out.  I am at release 21.04 and since installing I am seeing this in the IVR log:

sipXivr:WARNING:pbx.sipdomain.com:pool-1-
thread-1:00000000:ResourceBundleMessageSource:"ResourceBundle [EmailFormats] not  found for MessageSource: Can't find bundle for base name EmailFormats, locale en".

This has happened on all the release 21 systems I have installed.

I also see this in another log but not sure what base domain it is referring to

SipRedirectorISN::readConfig BASE_DOMAIN parameter missing or empty

I have checked and double checked my DNS configuration, hostname setup and it all seems correct.

Any ideas of where to look to resolve this issue so voicemail gets emailed?

Thanks.

Todd Hodgen

Sep 28, 2022, 12:00:54 PM9/28/22
to Roy Reynolds, sipxcom-users
Sorry, not where I can get the full details, but look for this.  There is an emailformats.properties file you need to insert in etc/sipxecs/sipxivr

In that file you define the email address you are sending from

Also, in etc/mail you may need to define your smtp server if the default isn't working.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Sep 28, 2022, 12:05:41 PM9/28/22
to Roy Reynolds, sipxcom-users
Also, look at var/logs.  There is a file there, mail something, that will show you what is being attempted with Sendmail.  Usually good clues there.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Oct 1, 2022, 7:20:17 AM10/1/22
to sipxcom-users
By default sipxcom/uniteme considers itself authoritative for whatever the sip/network domain you entered during installation. If the sip domain is the same as the network domain, and you're using an external MTA rather than sipx/uniteme, then you'll need a custom MX record to point to that external MTA. You'll likely also need to ensure the MTA is allowing delivery from sipx/uniteme.

First check if there's an existing outside DNS MX record for that domain:

dig -t mx example.domain.here @8.8.8.8

If there's an answer pointing to an external MTA, but you don't have the same MX record defined within the local sipx/uniteme zone (/var/named/default.view.example.domain.here.zone), then you'll likely need to add a custom DNS record for the MX (system - services - dns - custom records) to add that external MTA it into the local sipx/uniteme dns zone. Paste the answer part as your record contents, see attached example. Do not edit the zone file directly, as it is managed by sipxsupervisor (cfengine) by default so any direct edits will be overwritten.

The relevant log for email delivery is /var/log/maillog. Every delivery attempt would be noted there, as well as the error it encountered if any.

Regards,
Matt
system_services_dns_customrecord2.png

Matt Keys

Oct 1, 2022, 7:35:40 AM10/1/22
to sipxcom-users
Sorry I forgot to mention that once the custom record is created, navigate to the record view and add the custom record to include it into the zone. See attached example. You should see it at the bottom of the zone file once created. Note you may also need an A record for the MTA so sipx/uniteme can resolve where it is.
system_services_dns_recordview3.png

Roy Reynolds

Oct 1, 2022, 4:01:27 PM10/1/22
to Matt Keys, sipxcom-users
Thanks Matt.  I think I will have to configure sendmail for authentication and to send on port 587.  After consulting the logs, I see that the ISP has not authorized the ip address to send emails.

Appreciate the responses and advise from both you and Todd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sipxcom-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sipxcom-users/0ea5d66a-4465-423d-a8a9-69dfab3521f2n%40googlegroups.com.