How does the Hallway API ( singly ) schedule profile synchronising?

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 9:31:10 AM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
I am running the Hallway API on an Ubuntu server
with nodejs, mysql, s3, RIAK, redis.
Sign on works fine, however it looks like the profile information tasks ( friends ) never get called.
I can see they get stored in Redis en somethings are stored on S3 Ijod.
Are there some other daemons I need to run to allow the schedules to run?

Kristján Pétursson

Feb 19, 2013, 1:24:05 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Filip,

You will need to run a worker in addition to the API host. Take at look at the contents of Procfile for the commands that start each (apihost and workersup), or if you have Foreman installed (gem install foreman), you can run `foreman start` to run everything.

Also, make sure you've added keys for the services you want to use in Config/apikeys.json. The format can be found in Config/apikeys.json.example

Hope that helps,
Kristján

Jeremie Miller

Feb 19, 2013, 1:41:20 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Yep, there's multiple "roles" that the hallwayd.js main script can start up, by default it's an apihost, but additionally to run background syncing you run "node hallwayd.js workersup" and it should pick up tasks/schedules and save out data.

Jer

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 1:47:56 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristján,

That is great information, I always did rerun ./hallway up till now. I'll try this method.

Thanks!
Filip

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 1:49:09 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jer,

Thanks, so the ./hallway actually doesn't do that too? I haven't really looked in too much detail at that one yet.

thanks again!
Filip

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 2:13:27 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jer,

this results in :

node hallwayd.js workersup

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module 'lconfig'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:362:17)
    at require (module.js:378:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/filip/hallway/hallwayd.js:16:15)
    at Module._compile (module.js:449:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.runMain (module.js:492:10)

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 2:16:11 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Yes this command seems to do a lot more
env SUPPRESS_TIMESTAMPS=1 NODE_PATH=lib node hallwayd.js workersup

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2013 19:24:05 UTC+1 schreef Kristján Pétursson het volgende:
Hi Filip,

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 2:22:10 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
this did it:env SUPPRESS_TIMESTAMPS=1 NODE_PATH=lib node hallwayd.js apihost workersup
brilliant!

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2013 19:24:05 UTC+1 schreef Kristján Pétursson het volgende:
Hi Filip,

filip mertens

Feb 19, 2013, 2:23:04 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
thank you all!

Kristján Pétursson

Feb 19, 2013, 2:55:28 PM2/19/13
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear it!

The important part of that command is the `NODE_PATH=lib`, which tells node where to look for Hallway modules like lconfig - same way the PATH environment variable does in your shell.

Happy Hacking!
Kristján