Facebook Pages API integration

Gregory Nicholas

Jul 9, 2012, 6:29:15 PM7/9/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
i don't see anything in the API for facebook pages support.. how does singly handle the response tokens for a page vs the user account in the case where the scope contains manage_pages?

Justin Parker

Jul 9, 2012, 6:46:07 PM7/9/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gregory,

We don't currently support facebook pages. Since we never exchange for the pages' tokens, passing a scope including manage_pages likely won't do anything.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question. Perhaps you could specify what you're trying to do.

--Justin

On Monday, July 9, 2012 3:29:15 PM UTC-7, Gregory Nicholas wrote:
i don't see anything in the API for facebook pages support.. how does singly handle the response tokens for a page vs the user account in the case where the scope contains manage_pages?

On Monday, July 9, 2012 3:29:15 PM UTC-7, Gregory Nicholas wrote:
i don't see anything in the API for facebook pages support.. how does singly handle the response tokens for a page vs the user account in the case where the scope contains manage_pages?

On Monday, July 9, 2012 3:29:15 PM UTC-7, Gregory Nicholas wrote:
i don't see anything in the API for facebook pages support.. how does singly handle the response tokens for a page vs the user account in the case where the scope contains manage_pages?

Gregory Nicholas

Jul 9, 2012, 7:33:02 PM7/9/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
ahhh.. that's too bad. was hoping to use singly for a mobile app as a centralized source for oauth provider integration.. my app is brand focused and hence, the need to access pages. it's also using the twitter and instagram api's -- and since singly has a clean, unified interface for them i was hoping to leverage for facebook.

a couple more questions:
  1. what's singly's current process/plan for more integrations?
  2. do you rank and have priority for certain providers?
    1. put another way, does the oauth version implemented by the provider have any effect? are oauth2 providers weighted a bit higher?
  3. where is pinterest on the provider roadmap?
    1. they have a private api beta, is singly currently interacting or at least having discussion?
  4. how do / can developers request certain platforms to be added on?

Justin Parker

Jul 9, 2012, 7:52:58 PM7/9/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
New services are being added to Singly all the time. We have a very rapid release cycle, with Facebook likes, Yammer, and Runkeeper all being added in the past week.

We're absolutely open to adding any service that the community wants. Throw up your suggestions on our uservoice page at http://singly.uservoice.com. It also serves as a rough list for what services we will add in the near future.

You could also post the request for managing the Facebook page tokens, and our engineering team will discuss the feasibility of providing that feature in the near future. Providing easy and widely-supported auth is definitely one of the great use cases for Singly.

Pinterest, however, is not likely coming as there is no public API for us to access. They have made noises about releasing one, and we're certainly keeping our eye on it.

--Justin

DjebbZ

Nov 29, 2012, 11:10:33 AM11/29/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Any update about Facebook pages integration ? I have the exact same requirements as Gregory Nicholas (planning to work with brands), so Facebook pages is a must-have. I'd like to retrieve content posted in a Facebook page.

Jeremie Miller

Nov 29, 2012, 11:17:24 AM11/29/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Facebook pages are supported for both sharing to and originating from: https://singly.com/docs/sharing#Choosing-the-author-and-destination

Is there other places or endpoints you need page support for too?

Jer