Can I use Singly with MeteorJS ?

DjebbZ

Oct 23, 2012, 8:48:12 AM10/23/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
I've just been asked by my client to develop a prototype using Singly and see if I could use stick Meteor in the stack. What I'd like to build is a kind a chatroom where every message posted is also posted on the relevant social networks and where the conversation is archived for further usage (republication, statistics, whatever). Is it possible out of the box ? Any previous experience using both ?

Jeremie Miller

Oct 23, 2012, 12:18:13 PM10/23/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
That should be completely possible, you'll probably need your own app and db (heroku is great for prototypes) and depending on what language you're using, any of our example apps at https://singly.com/docs should help get started.  The comet aspects are pretty standalone, as it sounds like you'll primarily be using the https://singly.com/docs/sharing aspect to post messages.

If you encounter any problems you can always jump in the chat room at http://support.singly.com/ as well, thanks!

Jer

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM, DjebbZ <khalid....@gmail.com> wrote:
I've just been asked by my client to develop a prototype using Singly and see if I could use stick Meteor in the stack. What I'd like to build is a kind a chatroom where every message posted is also posted on the relevant social networks and where the conversation is archived for further usage (republication, statistics, whatever). Is it possible out of the box ? Any previous experience using both ?

DjebbZ

Oct 23, 2012, 1:08:47 PM10/23/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Just a precision, meteor has its own heroku-like hosting for prototypes, that is just a "meteor deploy" command away :)

Specifically, my question is : can I subscribe to new posts from social networks ? So that everytime a post is added I can display/save/do stuff with it.

Justin Parker

Oct 23, 2012, 1:13:33 PM10/23/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Definitely. Look into our push feature, it seems like what you want. https://singly.com/docs/push
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/singlyapi/-/dvxfI8cMwd8J.

DjebbZ

Oct 23, 2012, 2:13:37 PM10/23/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Great stuff. Just need to figure out how to create a POST endpoint with Meteor and it should be perfect.

DjebbZ

Oct 24, 2012, 9:55:28 AM10/24/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Reporting my findings : Meteor doesn't have a server-side router (yet). It's planned, and I bet it will be in the next Meteor release. In the meantime, I found this workaround on SO, but not sure how well it works... Conclusion : combine Meteor and Singly at your own risk. Be prepared to test stuff and to waste time. I'm prepared :) and will report here by tomorrow I hope :)

Justin Parker

Oct 24, 2012, 2:54:51 PM10/24/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Great! Feel free to stop by http://chat.singly.com if you have any questions.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/singlyapi/-/fMc7gpkukVIJ.

DjebbZ

Nov 20, 2012, 9:28:40 AM11/20/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Reporting : I finally didn't use Meteor at all, so I can't say anything helpful for you guys...

Kristján Pétursson

Nov 20, 2012, 5:07:20 PM11/20/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Khalid! Investigating the server side was some great info, so thanks for checking everything out. Let us know what we can do to help with the Singly bits.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/singlyapi/-/8OcWpGLy7k8J.