Tagged photos

Rohan

Sep 30, 2012, 5:19:21 AM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to figure out if there is an easy way to retrieve all photos that one (or more) users are tagged in.

Ideally, something like /types/photos_feed?participants=self should work, but I realize that that basically gives me a list of all items that I liked or commented on (which is a cool feature too!), but not the ones that I'm tagged in.

Thanks!

Jeremie Miller

Sep 30, 2012, 3:00:52 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that anyone other than facebook tracks (and exposes via their api) photo tagging (I hope I'm wrong, it's a cool feature everyone should support)... so this might result in filtering things based on facebook-specific data :/

Are you just looking for photos where you (or generically, the account owner) are tagged? If so, you can get that for facebook via "https://api.singly.com/proxy/facebook/me/photos?access_token=XXX".  If you're looking for where other people specifically are tagged (in your feed), you'll have to do the call you mentioned of photos_feed with participants, and then step through filtering for ones that have the entry.data.tags.data[].id that match, which shouldn't be too bad.

If there is a bigger pattern across services or this is a common thing, we'll definitely try to make it easier!

Jer

Rohan

Sep 30, 2012, 3:36:09 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response!

I think Picasa might also support photo tagging, just FYI, so it might be useful to have general support at some point, but I'll give the proxy thing a shot.

Jeremie Miller

Sep 30, 2012, 4:02:12 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
We've all been hoping the G+ api would be updated soon and encompass all of the Picasa data, but alas that's not happened yet... so as soon as we fully envelop Picasa and incorporate the tagging we'll try to improve this aspect and make an easy common pattern for both :)

Jer

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/singlyapi/-/uYRDtYyP9F8J.

Rohan

Sep 30, 2012, 4:05:53 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!

Also, is it possible to get access to the individual service access token? The proxy feature is really nice, but not having to deal with the Singly round-trip would be nice. More importantly, gives app developers the flexibility to switch away from Singly APIs if required for any reason. Thanks!

Jeremie Miller

Sep 30, 2012, 4:08:56 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely! Not just supported but even encouraged to go direct, the proxy should only be a fallback if it's easier or more convenient (depending on the service, auth methods, etc).

See https://singly.com/docs/profiles#Current-Access%20Token for details, it's pretty straight forward for oauth2 services (just need the token).

Jer

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/singlyapi/-/1YwrLT6nWiYJ.

Rohan

Sep 30, 2012, 4:14:53 PM9/30/12
to sing...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, missed that second in the docs before. Thanks!