[JOB] Ruby on Rails Developer for Mobile Apps

Chelsea Sim

Jun 13, 2015, 10:51:01 AM6/13/15
to singap...@googlegroups.com

Senior Server (Rails) Developer

---

2359 Media is expanding its team and is hiring a Senior Server (Rails) Developer to be part of our team.

2359 Media

In 6 years, we've built an award-winning, multinational mobile-first studio. It has been an adventure best described as a coherent and chaotic innovation. One that would not be possible without the ingenuity of our people.

We still have the same dream. To create business value through digital experience engineering.

Those who work here describe 2359 Media as a place to grow their skills and ability. The hierarchy is very flat and our time during work is focused on delivering great work to our clients.

Here we value entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, teamwork and creativity. It’s rewarding to work where everyone is empowered to make a difference. Enjoy high level autonomy, and be seen and heard for all the great work you do. Bask in our family-like culture, where we take every opportunity to celebrate our achievements, because our most valued resource is our people.

Requirements

The ideal Senior Server Developer should possess the following

·       Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or significant equivalent experience

·       Prior Server programming experience

·       Strong working knowledge in:

- Ruby on Rails, .NET/Ruby, HTML, Javascript, CSS (SASS), Coffeescript
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis/MongoDB, etc.
- Cloud Service: AWS with EC2, RDS, S3, Heroku, etc.

·     Logical thinking with natural problem solving skills

·     Self-Learner (i.e. Able to make good assumptions and search for solutions before asking for help)

·     Good communication skills

·     Assign logically segmented work to junior developers

·     Review and improve the technical ability of junior developers

This role is evaluated on

·       Technical aptitude and Experience in server application development

·       Ability to contribute effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and collaborative programming environment

·       Ability to lead projects through the completion of all phases of application development

·       Ability to problem solve keeping in mind the end goal

Apply

If you have what it takes to take on the greatest challenges in the fast-moving mobile industry, send your resume to chels...@2359media.com.