Technical advisor wanted for social intelligence startup

Krystal

Jul 17, 2015, 3:33:39 PM7/17/15
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruby Brigade!

Quick intro - I'm Krystal, the Founder of Wander - the travel app for singles. We are looking for a long-term technical advisor.

We're a Singapore-based startup, on the App Store and Google Play currently. That being said, we are far from satisfied from what's in the wild now, and have some crazy ideas on how we can disrupt digital-to-offline interaction.

Having gotten seed-funded (>$500,000), we are rebooting to realise the vision of helping people all over the world find someone interesting to experience a place with. To do this, we are driven by 3 things:
  1. Building deep intelligence that predicts how people can get along based on common ground
  2. Building the 'humanity' layer into digital interaction to remove friction
  3. Delighting users with interaction design at all points of communication, both app -> user, and user <-> user

Challenges we currently want to solve are:
  • Knowing which gems to implement and how they should be implemented, along the product timeline
  • Building an ideal, scalable and normalized database structure that accounts for user growth and features
  • Implementing best practices and services (like CI, etc.) so that we can run fast and clean as a lean team
And so, we're looking for a long-term technical advisor for our lean team and going to market in September with the V1 of our reboot! It's an exciting time and we are really looking for someone special.

I really want to meet you, especially if you're:
  • Passionate about infrastructure
  • Interested in predictive intelligence
  • Experienced in high-scalability applications, and
  • Driven to impact people's lives.
Ideally, you'd be a fullstack RoR developer, and iOS/Android experience is a bonus. You will lead the technical team, recommend and make decisions on using the best technology, plot timelines, help with blockers, and drink beer (optional).

Our lives are a series of moments, and Wander helps people find someone to share these moments with. As a company, we really believe in positive impact, and we hope that your skills and contribution will help us create this as a team.

Let's chat at krystal [at] heywander [.com]. I'd be more than happy to share and have you meet the team as well!

Thank you all for your time.

Warmly,
Krystal.

---

TL;DR - Long-term technical advisor also wanted at global consumer app dealing with social intelligence.