[JOB] RoR Engineers freelance and full-time in Singapore

Raoul Alwani

Jan 8, 2015, 11:53:49 PM1/8/15
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

My name is Raoul and I run a small web development company. I'm looking for smart and capable web engineers for some part-time freelancing work, with a ramp up to full-time if we are a good fit.

Some of our recent projects have been a supply-chain management system for large companies, an incident reporting system for used by aid groups in conflict zones, and an interactive mapping tool for teaching in the MOOC space.

This is a Singapore based position, so you must be based in Singapore. I am not looking for agencies or out-sourced shops.

*I'm looking for people who have experience with:*

1. Ruby on Rails
2. Postgres / MySQL
3. Javascript / Coffeescript
4. Minitest / RSpec
5. Deploying to and managing prod environments on services as Heroku, Linode or AWS.

You should be able to think critically about how an application should function from the business perspective. Having a clear idea of how a product is supposed to work and the benefits it will bring to end-users helps us write better code and better fulfill the needs of our clients.

I'm a fan of tests, but also a fan of getting the job done. If we have to write the business logic first and then circle back to ensure good test coverage, so be it.

*Compensation*

Contingent on experience. All work is paid, and you'll start out as a contractor with us. If we work well together and there is a good fit, we'll make the transition to full-time employment with benefits and all that.

*If you are interested:*

Send me an email at ra...@savique.com with a quick paragraph on your background and skill-set. If you have any cool projects you've worked on (technical or otherwise), send me the links to them if they are available
online.

Thanks for reading! If you're interested in working on some cool projects over the next few months, please let me know.

Best,
- Raoul